EPISODE 3: “Hankyung’s Story – Brighter World”

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream

PART 1

 
He was driving his way around Seoul in the middle of the night. He doesn’t have any particular destination, just driving around the city to think and to forget. It’s been tiring for him. He wanted to go back to China, craving for his family, but he’s just too scared to ride another plane.
                For weeks now, the members didn’t know what he’s been feeling. All the while they just thought that he’s changed. But he’s been feeling uneasy everytime he hears the sound of an airplane. He’s been trying to conquer it for weeks by going to the airport, but he’s too far from being well. He’s still far away but he’ll immediately back out whenever a plane takes off.
                His phone rang it was Heechul. “Yes?” he said using the Bluetooth headset.
                Heechul cursed. “Where are you? It’s late…no, it’s already early in the morning yet you’re not home.” Heechul almost exploded his eardrums by shouting but his sorrow was undeniable.
                “Yah…did you drink again?”
                “You know that I don’t get drunk. Go home fast.”
                He sighed. “I get it. I’ll hang up now.”
                He turned his car to the street on his left. It’s really late just as what Heechul said, but still he doesn’t want to sleep. He’s always having nightmares; most of them do.
                He sighed again. “What…”
                He slowed the car seeing a woman lying on the road. He looked around to see if there was anyone outside but saw no one.
                He went out. “Miss…?”
                He touched the woman’s shoulder to see if she has any consciousness. She only managed to groan. She was like a sleeping angel in the middle of the road, how can a woman this beautiful walk outside in the middle of the night?
                Slowly, she opened her eyes. “Where am I?” She sat and placed a hand on her head. “Ah…”
                “Are you okay? Do you need help?” He spoke fluently. “Why are you sleeping in the middle of the road?”
                She doesn’t smell drunk, doesn’t even look like she had drugs or anything of some sort.
                “I think I’m okay,” she stumbled her way to sit. She looked at him but didn’t meet his eyes. “By the way, have you seen my staff? Ouch.”
                She held her head again. He supported her by holding her shoulders. “Are you sure you’re okay?”
                “I think,” she closed her eyes shut. “I should go home, if you mind getting my staff for me.”
                He looked around and saw what she’s talking about. About a few yards away, there’s her staff. He took it and gave it to her.
                “By anyway, are you…”
                “Yes, unfortunately…” she tried to stand up, still a little wobbly and gave out a smile. “Would you mind helping me up for a while? I don’t know where I am.”
                “Ah, yes.”
                He looked at her admiring her beautiful face. Simple unlike those he’s already seen. Even without any make-up, her face is already admirable. Though she doesn’t have that skin as white as ivory, quite a little tan; her skin is still glowing. Her lips are as red as cherries.
                “Is it okay for you to point the way to a telephone booth?” she said with a soft voice.
                “I can take you home if you want to. I have my car over there.” He pointed then realized his mistake. “Sorry about that.”
                “It’s okay,” she smiled. “But I don’t think I would like that. Because you know, I don’t really trust strangers. Please don’t be offended by that.”
                He scratched his head. “Of course, but I insist. That is if you will trust me. It’s quite dangerous to go alone.”
                She seems to think about what he said. “Can I trust you? What’s your name?”
                “Hangeng,” he said.
                She chuckled. “Are you kidding? Is that the closest name that comes to your mind? What’s your name?”
                She really thought he was lying. He smiled to himself. “But it’s my name.”
                “Then I might as well not go with you. Are you a kidnapper?”
                “If I am, why would I wake you up? Don’t worry; I’m not a bad person.” He held out his hand to her. “Please trust me. I will take you home.”
                “I am (Insert your name here). I will take a risk here, so please take care of me…” she smiled. “Hangeng~ssi.”
~♥~
She was dropped home by a stranger named Hangeng. That thought made her smile. It’s the first time she’s ever trusted a stranger, she doesn’t even know if it was his real name.
                She only knows one Hangeng, and he’s a celebrity. He does sound a lot like him, but still how would she know if it’s real?
                “You’re home at last. I’ve been waiting for you all night.”
                It was her younger brother. He’s already in his twenties.
                “I’m sorry,” she looked on her right where the voice was coming from. “I fainted earlier and woke up in the middle of the road. Yesterday was really tiring, ohhh.” She groaned and patted her shoulders. “That’s because a young man didn’t fetch me earlier.”
                Though she can’t see it, she knows that her brother must be flustered. She can’t blame him; now that he’s older, he must be dating someone.
                “I tried to call you but your phone was off,” he helped her to the sofa. “By the way, noona, who’s that guy?”
                He was talking about the man who dropped her home. “He said he was Hangeng.”
                “And you believed him? What if he’s a ?”
                “You’re the one to blame if he is.” She smiled.
                “Sorry…” he hugged her. “But you shouldn’t have trusted him.”
                She rubbed his head hard. “Then fetch me. Don’t just go dating around.”
                “Stop, it hurts.”He chuckled. “You’re just jealous.”
                “Yeah right…” she laughed. “Let’s just go to sleep, you should have slept already. Don’t you have classes tomorrow?”
                “No, it’s weekend remember? Tomorrow is omma’s death anniversary. How could you forget that?”
                She stopped. How could she? “Of course not…” she lied. “I’m just kidding.”
                “Liar,” he pinched her nose. “Go get some rest noona, we’ll go there early.”
                Her brother is close to her, they were more like friends than siblings. Even if their ages are far from each other, they still bond together. He was more of an older brother to her than just a younger one, maybe because he felt responsible of her because of her incapability and that made her really thankful to have someone like him.
                She’s living with him and a father who never goes home. They’re living a bounty life, they get what they need but not all that they want.
                Her father, since their mother died, supports for their living as his children but has never done his role to them as their dad. She understands him though. It must be a burden to him, having them as his children…having her. She couldn’t even think of him raising two children alone when one of them is blind. Her inability makes her feel like a baggage to those around her that’s why it’s okay for her to be regretted this way even if it hurts. But at least, she still wants to see him…eight years…
                He kissed her forehead (he was taller than her) and opened her room’s door. “I will take care of the food to bring noona. Just go to sleep, you’re working yourself out.”
~♥~
She started to gather her things when her phone rang. She’s sure that it was someone she doesn’t know because she’s assigning a tone for every caller that is on her phone memory. She reached for it.
                “Hello?”
                “Hi,” she heard the familiar voice said. “How are you?”
                An automatic smile wiped upon her face. It was the man who helped her last night. Though it felt real, she still doesn’t want to believe that it was Hangeng or Hankyung because that will be close to impossible.
                “How did you know my number?”
                He laughed. “I have my ways…sorry for looking at your phone.”
                “You’re really something aren’t you?” she laughed as well. “Are you not busy? Why did you call?”
                “Noona, let’s go. The taxi is waiting for us.”
                 “Hangeng~ssi…I’m sorry but I need to go. I’ll just call you later.”
                She walked to the door and called for her brother. They just got home from the graveyard but now, they were already leaving for the hospital. She’s going to have a check-up for her eyes.
                “I’m nervous.” She said to her brother.
                He placed one hand on her shoulder and led her inside the taxi. “Don’t be, I will be there.”
                She smiled at him. “Thank you,” she held tight on his hand. “If I will be able to see again, you will be the first person that I would like to see. Do we look alike?”
                “Just see for yourself, you will be able to see soon noona.”
                She nodded. Now, she has three persons to trust. Her brother, her bestfriend and the stranger. Even if she doesn’t know that man yet, she would like to trust him. That's because she knows inside that he’s a good person.
~♥~
“Noona, wait for me here for a while. I will just go to the restroom,” her brother said hurriedly before leaving.
                She can’t take the smile away from her face. She doesn’t care anymore even if she looks like a fool grinning there. Her doctor said that it will be possible, though it will take a big sum of money and a donor, and she’s happy because of that. Finally, after so many years of waiting to see she can finally have it.
                “Isn’t that Super Junior?” she heard a woman beside her.
                She heard someone screamed. “It’s Super Junior!”
                “Don’t touch them, don’t take pictures. Our oppas must be very tired!” one warned to the other.
                She was pushed by someone and fell to the ground.
                “I’m sorry!”
                The quiet environment of the hospital turned chaotic as the people around continue to gather. But still, nobody helped her up. “Ouch.”
                “(Name)~ssi!”
                Someone held her hand and pulled her. “Are you okay? Are you hurt?”
                She dusted her pants. “Is it you again? Thank you.”
                “Why are you alone?”
                She heard the whispers around her. And a few footsteps coming her way. “Hyung, are you okay?”
                He spoke. “Did you see who pushed her?” His voice was calm as if he was talking to scared children.
                The people around quieted down. “It’s me oppa, I’m sorry.” A female’s voice sounded.
                “Please say sorry to her,” he said calmly as if afraid to raise his voice to the frightened woman. “You should have helped her. What if she’s been stepped on?”
                “It’s okay, really. Please don’t apologize; maybe I was standing in the middle of the way.”
                Somebody gave her the staff she left on the floor. “Hyung, do you know her?”
                “Noona!”
                She looked past her right where her brother’s voice came from. He heard his footsteps as he ran closer to where she was standing. “Excuse me, excuse me.”
                His brother’s hand reached her arm. “What happened? You have a bruise.” He said referring to a small spot on her hand. “Hyung~nim thank you for helping my sister.”
                “Hankyung,” another man’s voice echoed. “What’s happening here?”
                She was confused. “Why are there so many people?” she whispered to her brother.
                “It’s Super Junior noona. They helped you.” He whispered as well.
                So it was true?! That man wasn’t lying when he said that he was Hangeng last night. She was embarrassed remembering how she called him a liar and a kidnapper. She bit her lower lip thinking on how she could apologize to him. Her heart started to beat fast just by thinking, she felt a wild rush of heat crept on her cheeks.
                Hangeng explained what happened to the man which she later knew as their manager.
                He held her arm. “You can go with us; we can drop you off to your house.”
                Her brother seemed even more excited than her. He nudged her.
                “Ah, thank you but we might disturb your schedule.”
                She heard Kibum spoke in his low voice. “Don’t worry; we’re just going home so it’s okay.”
                “It will be better if you go with us,” Ryeowook said. “Sometimes photographers take pictures. At least if you’re with all of us, there will be no issues and we can simply say that you’re a friend.”
                In the end, they rode the same car.
                “I’m sorry…last night for calling you—”
                “It’s okay,” she heard him say. “Now that you know who I am…can we be friends?”
                She smiled even if she doesn’t know if he sees it. “Yes.”
                He shook her hand. But as he did, not only did her hand felt the impact. Her heart shook as well. And she felt good about it.
~♥~
 

A/N: Sorry if this hasn’t been good enough…>.< Please tell me your feelings about the first part. All comments will be accepted! Thank you!


Originally posted on my blog...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:51 AM