EPISODE 4: “Yesung’s Story – 1+1 = Syntax Error!”

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream
 
PART 1
 
She looked at the man in front of her. He was the last person she would want to see that day. She wouldn’t want to see that face again. Not today, not tomorrow, not even the next day or the following days to come. She just wanted to erase that memory. His face that kept haunting her day or night. That man, she wanted to forget him. But how can she? When the one who remembers was not her mind but her heart…
~♥~
He was kicked out of Eunhyuk’s room by Eunhyuk himself. He wouldn’t let him go near him and touch his Cupid’s bow. He’s really turned into one grouchy man. That thought made him even lonelier.
                He made his way to his room using his wheelchair, harassing it actually. He’s using it like how they used push carts during concerts. How can he stop himself from doing that? He doesn’t have anything to do in that hospital.
                That day, he was sitting on his bed, multi-tasking as always. Watching soccer on the television while reading a magazine and eating the tangerines given to him by his lovely E.L.F.s.
                His neck was still braced, stopping him from moving too much, this was much more difficult than doing five things at once. So does his injured ankle. Even his burns weren’t well yet.
                “Aaahh…so boring,” he changed the page of the magazine and threw the tangerine peel on the trash bin beside his washroom’s door. “And Kim Jong-woon scores again!” he cheered by himself looking stupid. “Aish, this is no good at all.”
                He threw the material he’s been reading to the sofa. He was bored. As in capital B-O-R-E-D, bored. He plays games with himself, laugh at himself, watch movies, read, eat and listen to music alone. He would have liked it if somebody was there to bug him. Yes, someone must be noisy. He would have appreciated it if somebody distracted him that time. He can’t even scold anybody!
                At first when he thought about staying at the hospital, serenity came in mind and he liked the idea. But then he stayed there for real and got bored instantly! He was very excited before but he was surprised to experience this kind of boredom.
                The room was empty, not literally, but because Ryeowook wasn’t there to play music at night or compose a new song. His baby turtles weren’t there as well and he misses them. He was yearning for his Ab machine, even if he knows he can’t use it yet. Even the food ! He was thankful to all the E.L.F.s for sending him food everyday.
                He swung his foot off the bed slowly and reached for something to hold on to. He was planning to go to Shindong’s room but thought of Nari first. She was going to visit him for sure and he doesn’t want to see those two lovey-dovey. There was Eunhyuk, but as of now, he was banned from his room for attempting to touch his philtrum. He even threw things at him just to make him see the point that he doesn’t want him there. So only Sungmin was left. Maybe he was alone, too. He should keep him company.
                He reached for the remote control and turned off the television. So it’s decided, he’ll just go to Sungmin. But when he was preparing to completely get off his bed, a creepy creature barged inside his room and straight to his washroom. He blinked. Was that an apparition?
                “Please don’t tell them I’m here.”
                Even the voice was creepy! His eyes grew big. “W-who are you?”
                Slowly, the door opened and a woman peaked. For a while, his breathing and heartbeat went back to normal. “Please…” then she closed the door immediately.
                He was left speechless, legs hanging by the edge of the bed and jaw dropped. That was one freaky woman in there.
                He was in that state when a group of nurses came rushing in to his room. “I’m sorry Mr. Kim but have you seen a woman here? Did anyone come?”
                “Oh, a woman?” an evil smile curled up his lips as he looked at the door. So she was hiding, eh?
~♥~
“I think I saw her.”
                Cold sweat beaded across her forehead. Her hands turned white as she grasped tightly on the doorknob. Surely this man would not tell the nurses, would he? He can’t do that. He looked at her with flaming eyes and somewhat she was scared she’ll get caught.
                Her eyes turned wild as she kept on signaling him not to point her out. She shook her head madly; she looked like a crazy person. But that would be better than getting caught again. She’d rather look crazy than go back to that one hell of a factory!
                “No…no…please!” she mouthed frantically at him when he once again looked at her.
                He gave her a rotten smile. “I’m sure she entered this room just before you came.”
                Oh my goodness! She’s gonna get caught, thanks to this not so friendly man. She slowly, really slowly, opened the door to reveal herself, but something stopped her.
                “But she already left when she saw you coming this way.”
                An immediate smile crossed her face as she hid once again in the darkness. That’s neat!
~♥~
The nurses looked puzzled. “That’s odd, I’m certain I saw her enter your room.” One of them said.
                “She did,” he said. “But left in an instant. Look now, I’m going to pee. If you mind leaving my room.”
                The nurses one by one turned towards the door.
                “Would you like some help?”
                “No!” he answered too fast. “I—I mean, why would I need help? I’m just gonna pee. It’s not that I’m really disabled or what right?”
                “Oh.” The male nurse said. “Thank you Mr. Kim.”
                “It’s nothing.”
                All of them left with puzzled faces. He’s sure they really saw her come in but they did not see her come out. Of course she didn’t, right?
                He walked limping to the washroom’s door and opened it with a bang.
                “Ouch!”
                The woman went out holding her head. “Why did you do that? You’re planning on pointing me out aren’t you? You’re such a bad person!”
                She marched out like nothing even happened. What a weird woman. But even before he can reach his bed, she came running in again bumping on him causing him to hit the table and went back inside the washroom.
                “Ooowwww….” He groaned in pain when his ankle hit the side of table.
                The nurses came back. “Are you sure she’s not here?”
                “Yes!” he exclaimed. “Just go out!”
                They were all startled by his sudden change of attitude. He was rude and he knows that. But he’s in pain for Pete’s sake! They went out and the woman went out again.
                “Are you okay? Omo, I’m really sorry.” She helped him sit on his bed.
                “Such an ungrateful woman, I helped you and this is all you did!” he snapped.
                She curled her nose. “I’m sorry okay? I didn’t mean to bump on you.”
                He looked at her closely, she was beautiful! He didn’t notice that one before, because he was thinking about other things.
                “I get it.” he said.  “Why are you hiding anyway?”
                She pouted her lips and curled her nose before sitting on the sofa, making herself comfortable inside his room. “I don’t want to take medicines. I don’t want to get well.”
                “That’s weird. Here I am trying to recover and you, you’re hiding from your nurses?” he shook his head. Unbelievable. “What’s your name?”
                A bright smile appeared on her lovely face. She changes moods so fast. She stood up and made a proper greeting. “Annyeong Haseyo, choneun Song (Your Name) imnida…” she bowed a 90 degree bow. “How about you? What’s your name?”
                He lifted one eyebrow. Surely this girl was just playing around right? “You don’t know me?”
                She shook her head while her innocent eyes looked at him. This isn’t true. He’s an icon. He has done so many OSTs, goes out on television almost everyday; he even has his own pet shop now, and this girl over here doesn’t know him?
                “For real?” Aish… he can’t believe there were still some people who don’t recognize him and it hurt his pride. “Super Junior, do you know them?”
                “Of course.” She said nonchalantly. “What about them?”
                This girl can give him a total headache. “I am one of them. Kim Jong-woon. Super Junior’s Yesung. Don’t you recognize me?”
                She thought for a while before her eyes glowed. Finally, “Oh! Yesung!” she suddenly stopped. “Are you sure? You don’t look like you can sing. And is there really a member named Yesung? I don’t recall someone named Yesung.” She counted her fingers, murmuring names as she did.
                Ay, this girl. His blood boiled and his neck hurt. He held his head and stretched. “Aigoo…yah! Don’t play with me!”
                She was startled and almost jumped out of her seat. “What?”
                “You’re lying aren’t you. Aaahh…I know, I’ll just give you an autograph if you want one.”
                “I’m not even sure if you’re authentic. Hmm…maybe you’re just pretending.” She said.
                She really has a sharp tongue. “Ay,” he let go of the topic and asked her, “Why are you running away from the nurses anyway? You want me to call them?”
                Her eyes grew big. “No please!” then sighed. “I just…don’t want to go home yet.”
                She was an heiress she said. The only daughter of Song Doo Min, owner of one of the largest chain of companies in Korea. A spoiled brat who grew up in a world where she gets what she wants and lives like she owns the world.
                She’s a socialite who knew nothing about the real world, not anything. She only knows how to travel and spend money she doesn’t even earn on her own. She has a platinum card, owns many properties almost everywhere you can imagine. She lived a life of leisure; that was until now.
                She was forced to go to one of their factories a few days ago, her father wanted her to work. There’s nothing much to do than just watch their employees if they do their work well, yet she got sick. And she found it to be a good reason to escape her duty.
                So it was not a pretend sickness…
                “That’s it?” he lifted one brow for the nth time since she started talking. “You spoiled kid, get out and go back to work!”
                She winced as if he hit her. “I don’t want…” she stubbornly said. “You don’t understand.”
                She pouted yet again.
                “Here you are!”
                They caught her. Her reaction was a winner when she saw the nurses coming. Eyes widening and even her nostrils got bigger he couldn’t help but laugh. She stood up. “I’ll visit you some other time, Jong-woon oppa! For now I got to go! It’s nice talking to you!” she blew a kiss to his direction before running between the nurses who blocked her way. She put out her tongue, “Merong~~! No one’s gonna catch me!”
                The scene was funny; he can’t help but laugh aloud. “She’s surely an eccentric woman!”
                That would only be the start of it. Maybe he doesn’t need to go out of his room to have fun. He won’t be bored anymore. Fun will surely visit him again. That thought made him smile.
                “Song (name)!” the nurses chased her as she ran away.
~♥~
The next day, someone knocked on his door.
                (Name)~ssi peeked inside and smiled brightly at him. “Good morning~!”
                She entered his room carrying a basket of fruits. He would have thought that she’s not sick anymore if not for the pajamas she was wearing. She tiptoed to his bed and winked at him, showing him her aegyo charms.
                “You’re here again?” he frowned but still, he somewhat felt happy inside. “What do you want?”
                She placed the basket on the table beside his bed. “I’m visiting the sick. Thank you for letting me hide here yesterday.”
                As if he’s going to die already...
                She pouted her lips again. “You want me to cut fruits for you? It’s the least I can do…”
                He noticed that her eyes were wandering and always looking at the door. Aaaahhh…he thought. “You’re hiding again aren’t you?”
                “Do you need to ask?” An immediate smile formed in her lips. “Gotta go! The nurses are coming.” She ran to the washroom just as the nurses went inside his room.
                “Not here,” he said pointing to the fruits on his bedside table. “Just went in to drop the fruits and left. She may be hiding away again at the garden or playing with the kids on the kids’ ward.”
                They left without asking and she looked from inside the door and smiled. “I’ll come here everyday to play!”

A/N: What do you think? A weird boy met an even weirder girl. They sure make a perfect match don’t they? By the look of it, this story will be longer than expected. Please key in your comments^^ They are loved.

Originally posted on my blog...

Friday, September 10, 2010 5:59 PM