EPISODE 5: “Kangin’s Story -– Watermelon”

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream
 
Part 1
 
“Aish…” he hissed as he tried to find another way after seeing familiar faces.
 
               Some Camomiles and E.L.F.s must have heard about him being in Jeju but he hope not. Once the news comes out, he’s dead meat.
 
                He’s been there for almost eight hours after the plane landed but it’s really hard to find a place to stay where he won’t be noticed. Up to now, he has succeeded to hide well. And the sudden discovery of his whereabouts can cause him death. He’ll die not because of his fans or antis but in the hands of his manager and the other members.
 
                He called his manager hyung yesterday to ask for permission to go home but ended up sneaking to a plane to go to Jeju. Nobody knows that he was there except his father; and if the members found out that he’s in Jeju, they will certainly kill him. He even turned off his phone to prevent them from calling him. But besides that, he has his own reasons too.
 
                For the past few days since the accident, he received various calls, not from fans but from antis. They always say that the members should have died and that they were just lucky enough to survive. All the while, he thought that the anti-fans were already gone after years of them being on a hiatus but he was wrong.
 
                He wrapped his scarf tighter around his neck and pulled down his beanie. It’s not impossible to find someone dressed like him during a cold winter night. The wind was almost freezing accompanied by mild snowfall so he managed to blend easily with the crowd. His problem was that his burns were starting to sting. He hasn’t taken medications yet plus he wants to scratch the wounds on his arm.
 
                His burns were not fully recovered yet; he also has wounds from glass shards that flew his way during their fall. But as stubborn as he was, he wrapped his wounds insisting that it would only hurt him more when they touched his clothes and he successfully convinced his doctor.
 
                He looked at the mirror beside him and saw his reflection. He doesn’t look like an idol at all. He has grown a mustache and has stubbles on his face. Even if it irritates him and he wanted to remove them, he stopped himself from doing so, thinking that it can help him. Because of these things, people don’t recognize him easily.
 
                After walking for a few more minutes, he found a secluded street. It has been a while since he last went to Jeju. It would have been fun if they went together. It will be a riot, but certainly, it would be much more fun. He sighed. If the accident didn’t happen, they will surely be playing games now. Singing and dancing. What a gift for Christmas they had.
 
                He looked at his watch, it was already 7:30 but he hasn’t had anything for dinner yet. His reason for going to this place was never to have fun or to eat food. His intention was to start looking for Leeteuk. He can’t seem to take it; the fact that he can’t do something but just stay at home and wait for the news.
 
                He turned to his right, but the scene stopped him. What’s this?
~♥~
“Let me go!” she pulled her arm from her abductor and succeeded.
 
                She tried to run but the man caught her again through her hair and grabbed her wrist.
 
                “Why (Name)~yah? Where do you think you’re going, huh?!” she earned a slap from the man.
 
                “I didn’t do it! I already told you!” She wriggled and tried to escape him. “I’m not a fool, if you’re framing me up, you’ll see!”
 
                She kicked the man’s shin and ran. When she looked back she saw him take out a rusty dagger. Her eyes grew large in horror imagining the filthy blade cutting her flesh. He would not think twice of killing her, she’s the only person who can make things worse for him. She’s the only person who can challenge the man.
 
                “Go, run for your life (name)~yah.” He walked slowly, grazing the blade of his dagger on the wall. “Do you think you can run away from me?”
 
                She stumbled upon a tire that lies on the hard ground and fell. He saw the opportunity and ran to her.
 
                “It’s over!” his scary laugh filled the long street.
 
                She closed her eyes thinking that it would be the end of her. Freaking life she had. She’s regretting the day she was born in this kind of life. She’s really unlucky.
 
                “Ugh!”
 
                “Let’s go!”
 
                She was pulled by someone she didn’t know with an unbelievable strength forcing her to stand up and follow him. She looked back to the man who was planning to kill her and saw him lying on the ground clutching his midsection.
 
                “Faster,” the man before her said as he continued to drag her helplessly to the street on their left. “Do you want to die?”
 
                “Not here, we can’t go in here! He will find us for sure. Are you stupid?” she removed her arm from his grasp and hit the man’s arm. “Don’t you know what you’ve just done? You’re against one of the most dangerous men here in Jeju!”
 
                She then pulled him towards the other direction, still maintaining the pace they started. It would be dangerous if ever he found them. By now, he would have called his followers to look for her. She’s dead. But that’s not the point of running away. This man with her will surely be affected by his wrath as well.
 
                They stopped once they reached one of her safe houses inside the wilderness. Yes, the wilderness is where she hides for the safety of her life. But now, it’s not just for her but for this silly boy as well. Who is he anyway?
 
                Without realizing it, she was staring at him while still holding his hand. He wasn’t complaining though, but she was mesmerized. The longer she looked at him, the more familiar he becomes. Wait…too much familiarity…he seems to look like someone she knows a lot.
 
                “K—K—Kangin?!” she threw his hand and wanted to hide immediately. Her accent showed itself making her more embarrassed.
~♥~
He was captured and stuck inside the forest, trapped with a beautiful lady. But isn’t she a beast?
 
                “Imonim(aunt),” she hissed at her phone. “Yeah, I’m here again.”
 
                He shook his head. After giving him dinner and letting him stay for the night, she hasn’t said a word to him. She’s been talking to her aunt for almost an hour and has forgotten about his existence. But it’s nice staying at this house. Even if it was quite small, it’s pretty comfortable. The heat system was working well and the house was beautiful.
 
                He forced a cough. “Excuse me.”
 
                She looked at him. “Ne, I’ll just talk to you later.” She placed the phone back to its cradle.
 
                She walked towards him; all the signs of her startled self from the previous night were gone. Is she mentally disordered or what? “Don’t try to ask me to take you back to the main streets because I won’t. You have probably seen what happened and I’m not planning to risk my life for someone like you. Don’t worry, I had already asked my aunt to help you with a place to stay while you’re looking for Leeteuk~ssi.”
 
                She turned her back on him. “And,” she looked again. “Thank you for helping me.”
~♥~
She wanted to hug him so badly. Never did she ever imagine that she would one day meet her favorite member. She was infatuated to him for so long, since they debuted in 2005. She was a normal girl after all. But meeting him at these circumstances, it was really a bad timing.
 
                She can’t remember how many times she flipped on her bed last night thinking about him. She knows that it was warm in the living room because she checked the temperature twice before entering her room, but she’s worried that he’s not used to sleeping on the couch.
 
                When she went out to see how he’s doing, she was shocked to see him beside the window, crying. He misses their leader and shyly wiped his tears away. She was touched to see the big man crying so she gave him a cup of hot chocolate filled with mallows and talked to him all night long.
 
                He was not the same person she always sees on the television. He’s…well, he’s much more transparent in person, more human. He has a tender heart, maybe that’s what men realize after they have entered the army. But now, it’s time to say goodbye. She can’t let him stay with her. It only means danger, for the two of them.
~♥~
“Where to…where to…” he looked around, turned and spun many times. He was lost.
 
                He kicked the fallen tree branch and regretted it. “Aish!” he lifted his foot and rubbed it. “Where do I go from here?”
 
                He left the house before noon but it’s already afternoon and he hasn’t found his way back to the city proper. He wonders how that happened because last night, it was as if they went in too fast. It’s getting darker as the winter clouds covered the wilderness with fog and he finds it hard to look for the way back. His back was aching too because of the bag he was carrying.
 
                He cursed. “Was that girl just playing around with me? Haish!” he walked straight to where his feet were carrying him. Maybe his luck will turn.
 
                As he walked continuously, he ended up just going back to the house! “Is she a witch?!”
 
                Just then, she came out of the house carrying a bin. “Oh, why did you come back? Have you forgotten something?”
 
                He walked near her and looked at her with fierce eyes. “Are you tricking me? Or did you put a spell on me? I’ve been looking around that forest for who knows how long but I still ended up here!”
 
                She was startled, looking at him with big eyes. “W—What? Hah,” then she started talking fast in her accent. He only got words that sounded like “ungrateful person”, “so full of himself” and “proud”.
 
                “This kid~” he started.
 
                She threw the bin she was carrying with difficulty earlier and he was quite taken aback by the sudden explosion of strength from the small woman. “Yah! We’re almost the same age so don’t go saying that I’m a kid. I pointed the way to you, and you just don’t know how to follow directions.”
 
                She walked towards him and grabbed his collar. “Do you remember last night? Do you know who you’re talking to? I…I work for the underground.” She stuttered a little. “So don’t you mess with me.”
~♥~
Well, somehow she lied a little bit. She’s not a big name, but she really works for the underground. She’s an accomplice. Someone not really minded by the big ones but plays an important role.
 
               To her shock, he started to laugh, mocking her. It made her blood boil even more when he started patting her head. “I understand. I understand. Okay, fine, but can I stay for another night?”
 
                She let go of his collar, “You’re so arrogant. Do you think I will let you stay here? Freeze to death.”
 
                She turned around.
 
                “Ahhhh…I’m used to death threats you know.” He followed her, carrying the bin she threw. She was supposed to make a fire outside but the man came. “In exchange, I will cook for dinner. Please?”
 
                She looked at him. “Just for another night.” Then her phone rang, “Imonim…he’s still here don’t worry.”
 
                “Just let him stay there for two more days. The tenants extended their stay,” her aunt apologetically said. “And he can’t stay at the place I vacated yesterday alone. You know how people are in our place. I’m really sorry.”
 
                “What? Imonim, two days…I can’t let him—”
 
                “Mianhae.”
 
                She hung the phone. “Imonim? Imonim!”
 
                She almost threw her phone and glared at the man behind her. “You really…” she looked some more and found it hard to be mad at him. She just sighed and gave up. “Come in; guess you’re staying for two more days.”
 
                He gave her a cute smile which she can’t believe he can give, with that mustache and beard, isn’t it supposed to be creepy? But her knees went weak and her heart rammed hard to her ribs she can’t do anything but float to the pink clouds.

 

                “You’ll do the dinner.”


 
Originally posted on my blog...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:05 AM


 

Please feel free to post your comments because they are loved^^