1+1 = Syntax Error!

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream

PART 4

 

“You changed a lot…”

                She didn’t dare look back to the man who saved her. She was almost killed by a crazy man who wanted to take away her money and this person helped her to run away. They ended in a narrow alley in Apgeujong-dong.

                She stopped walking and tried to stop herself from running into his arms and admit that she was wrong for being such a brat. Everything has changed now. She was not the spoiled rich girl he used to know one month ago, she’s already the CEO of Song Winery. A woman who hates mistakes and doesn’t know how to smile…a walking hell for the life of her employees.

                She turned. “I already thanked you haven’t I? So please stop acting like were friends.”

                “(Name)~ssi…”

                She sighed and looked at him again. He was still the same Yesung she knew. An undeniably handsome man with the scary eyes. He was still the one she loves…but should not love.

                “Kamsahamnida.” She said and walked away.

                Her heart hurts…seeing him this way. If only things haven’t ended the way they did. She wiped the tears that started to fall, hoping that the feeling fades away as soon as it came.

~♥~

“Makkoli, I should have bought soju instead…I don’t get drunk by this one…” he chuckled and lifted the bottle to his lips and ended it in one gulp.

                He can’t believe how fast she has changed. You won’t even see any signs of her childish acts. Her long straight hair was already auburn and it complemented her eyes all the more. She looked prettier, more matured. No wonder they kept talking about her.

                “Yeah! She’s the bomb.”  A man smirked.

                He clenched his little fists. He can’t help but watch her from across the restaurant and he silently followed her out. What might have happened to her if he hadn’t come after her? Who knows what that bastard would’ve done if he has not come to pull her?

                He stood up and fell. “Or so I thought.” He tried to sit and hit his head on the edge of the table, earning him a curse from himself. “Aish…why do you keep thinking about that girl? Get a life Jong-woon!”

                He started to laugh by himself. His heart hurts but he kept on laughing like a mad man. Why did he think that the makkoli will not have an effect? It was the same drink she had that night before the winter ended. Now, it’s already spring…she love springs…but she hates the pollens sticking to her hair. What’s the connection? Aish…

                “Hyung! Are you okay??” Ryeowook rushed to him after seeing his condition. He just came, along with the other members. “Why did you drink too much? You should have called someone to be with you.”

                He helped him to sit. “You’ve had too much to drink.” Ryeowook looked at the table filled with empty bottles of makkoli.

                “That’s exactly the same thing I told her. She shouldn’t have taken makkoli on her own. But it’s my fault right? I didn’t join her when she asked me to come with her.” He laughed again. “It’s my fault why she’s like that now. Look at the two of us!”

                “Yah, what’s happening here, huh?” Leeteuk who came from the dorm upstairs lifted his face. “Why are you crying?”

                “Crying? Me?” he lifted his hand and felt his cheeks. There were tears spilling from his eyes but he didn’t know.

                He was still laughing while crying. At the same time he was cursing himself for acting that way and cursed some more for cursing aloud.

                Heechul’s laugh echoed through the walls of their dorm. “Yesung is becoming more of a curse machine than me! Aigoo…” he patted his head. “You’re making daddy proud.”

                His mind was drifting away. He closed his eyes and clasped his chest, he was already numb because of the alcohol but he can still feel the pain in his heart. How can he just realize how much she meant when she was already gone?  His tears continued to flow like river and Sungmin lend his shoulder for him.

                “Hyung, if you have problems just tell us. You can take it all out.” But he didn’t hear it anymore because the darkness pulled him in.

                Leeteuk tapped Sungmin’s shoulder. “It’s another girl problem…seems like love disease is spreading to all of us. Yah, I think he lost it. Just take him to his room before he drools.”

                Sungmin lifted him. “Hyung?” He looked at him and saw his eyes. “Goodness! Hyung!!”

~♥~

“I said I don’t want it.”She went out of the room and ran.

                It was like this again, just like four months ago. That time, she was running because she doesn’t want to get well but it was much more different today. She doesn’t like drinking medications just to relieve her stress.

                When she woke up, she saw herself in the same room she was before, a drip connected to her arm. They said that she fainted because of over fatigue and dehydration. She overworks herself too much that her body gave up.

                She turned to her left towards the same room in the west wing where she used to hide. She can clearly remember every moment that she spent there. Stopping in front of the door, she hesitated. Maybe there will be someone else in the room. But in the end, she still chose to enter it.

                Everything was almost the same, from the placement of the bed up to the color of the flowers beside the empty bed. So was there really no one?

                Slowly, she walked towards the window and opened the curtains hanging there just like the way she does whenever she went there before. She can almost hear how Yesung used to speak to her.

                “Yah, why are you posing like that? So annoying…” he’ll always say when she puts air inside her cheeks before they take a picture. “You eat like a pig. Are you sure you’re rich?” he’ll say when she asks for another serving of the food he gives her. “What’s with your hair? You look stupid.” He’ll say when she puts her hair up. That was him…she never has anything to do that he wouldn’t react negatively.

                “Omma, I thought you will be…”

                She looked at the patient who just came out of the washroom. “Jong-woon oppa?”

                It was like a dream. Do her eyes play a trick on her? Maybe she’s just dreaming again. She always dreams about him. Then maybe, she at the hospital was also a dream. She tried to wake up and failed.

                A smile wiped across his handsome face. He looks tired too. He was even pushing the drip stand as he walks towards her. “You can’t find anywhere to hide again? Do they point you out just like before? Do you want me to keep you again?”

                She looked at him. Just like when they met a few nights ago, her heart beats faster. She felt the unbelievably strong urge to hug him tight now that they were standing face-to-face…it was Jong-woon…her Jong-woon oppa.

                He was sick too? Maybe it was destiny that they always get sick at the same moment. Maybe they were really meant for each other. But loving him…it only means hurting herself.

                “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were here…” she walked past him.

                “(Name)~ah…” he said in a very soft voice she almost didn’t hear it. “(Name)~ah…please don’t leave me again…”

                She was stopped walking, tears started to fill her eyes. He finally called her informally. Just like real friends…or maybe siblings. Maybe, he was thinking of her as his little sister but still it felt good how he called her that way.

                “(Name)~ah…just stay here…please…”

                And she did. She didn’t look back but she stayed. Her feet were glued to the ground as his voice echoed in her mind over and over like a broken record. She can hear the rolling of his drip stand as he pushed it closer to her. She closed her eyes.

                Please, let this be not a dream…I want to stay like this forever with him…no thoughts of tomorrow…just live today like it will be the last…

                He held her close, hugging her from behind. “(Name)~ah…I will be good to you. Just please stay with me.”

                “Look at us…” she tried to stop her voice from trembling. “Now, you are the one asking me to stay…”

                “I know I have been bad to you.” He pressed his lips on her hair and whispered. “I always scold you. I didn’t realize how much you mean to me until you left me but I know that I…”

                “Stop…just treat me like your sister oppa.” She closed her eyes tighter, hoping to stop her tears. “Just like before, let me hide under your protection…what we have…it will always be something special.”

                His hand wrapped tighter around her waist. He just stood there and held her. She can feel his heartbeat and it says something she wanted to hear but she would rather not. It will only make her feel worse. What if he sees the old her and hate her more? She can’t stand what she’s like right now and she might go back to who she was. If that happens, he will not like her anymore.

                “I miss the old you, (name)~ah…” he said through her hair, his breath giving tingling sensations to her. “When you smile, you make me happy. Even if you can be very annoying at times, you can still take away my stress for the whole day. You made my life wonderful even if you’re too wild.”

                His sweet voice comes to her like a soft lullaby. His warmth makes her feel safer. He loosened his arms around her but she held him. He seems to get the hint instantly. “Do you really want to stay like siblings (name)~ah? Because if you were to ask me…I’m not willing to stay that way.”

                She shook her head. “But I’m scared to disappoint you again…I’m childish and bratty and I’m too loud. I know you will only get a headache when you’re with me.”

                “Why are you thinking that way?” he chuckled. “That’s the same reason why I like you. You’re different.”

                She wiped her face and looked at him. “Yeah, right. You broke my heart one month ago because of my hyperactiveness and now you’re telling me you like me that way?”

                He removed his arms around her. “Yah, I didn’t tell you that I don’t like you’re hyper activeness! I just said that you’re like a sister to me. You’re the one who jumped into conclusions.”

                She placed her hands on her hips. “Come on, you’re just saying that now. But why did you turn down my marriage proposal last month?”

                “Because I didn’t know that I’m in love with you already!” He shouted just as a woman entered his room.

                They both looked at the woman’s startled expression. “Jong-woon?”

                “Omma…”

                She smiled brightly. “Oppa, will you still love me if I go back to my old self?” she whispered to him.

                “Of course…” he whispered back.

                She ran to his mother and bowed happily. “Annyeong haseyo ohmoni! I will be Yesung oppa’s wife. Song (Name)…ah…no…Kim (Name) imnida!”

                He grabbed shut. “Omma, don’t listen to her. She’s crazy!”

                She removed his hand. “That’s why you fell in love with me right? Go, lie about that and I will leave you again.” She looked at his shocked mom. “Ohmoni, I’m sorry for being so loud. I will be good to Jong-woon oppa, I promise.” She lifted her right hand and crossed her heart.

                His mother smiled. “What a cute girl we have!” she walked to her and pinched her cheeks. “It’s okay to be loud sometimes, but our Jong-woon here has a very terrible mood so please understand.”

                She looked at his son and slapped his . “You didn’t tell me you’re already getting married, young man.”

                “Ohmoni!!” the boys then entered Yesung’s room and were startled to see the two of them together. “(Name)~ssi?”

                Yesung’s mother grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the boys. “This girl over here…she’s going to be my daughter-in-law soon. Isn’t she beautiful?”

                “Oh, no…I need to get outta here before anyone starts harassing me again!” and Kyuhyun ran out.

~♥~

“I’ve been good.”Yesung started. “I decided to work again after I got discharged so I can easily adjust to heavier work for our comeback. Since the doctors didn’t find anything to let me stay at the hospital longer, I’ve got more time to spend for work than the other members. I chose to work rather than to rest because I’m feeling more tired when I rest a lot.”

                It was his turn to answer the MC’s question. He doesn’t have anything much to say and he can’t say that he would be getting married. The two of them still have a lot of adjusting to do. They fight every now and then, but that’s normal. She was really loud again. She runs everytime. But he was proud of how much she developed as a person.

                She went back to work and handled being the CEO of their company really well. She also went to cooking classes because she said that she needs to prepare to be a housewife for him. She makes him really happy more than anything and she gets along really well with his family.

                “I love your wife Jong-woon.” His mom would always say. She spoils her everytime they visit. Sometimes he’s even jealous to his fiancée because his mom would take care of her instead of him.

                After the interview, they headed to Namsan for a performance.

                “Hello?” he answered his phone when they finished preparing. It was her.

                “Oppa! Where are you?” she said sweetly but loudly.

                He immediately removed the phone away from his ear before his eardrums exploded and turned the settings to hands-free. “Namsan. We’re going to have a performance.”

                “Oh, see you home then. I’m going to Apgeujong-dong again tonight, okay? Saranghae~~~! Bye-bye.”

                “Ne…”

                That’s when Hankyung showed up after going out. Looks like there was something wrong but he decided to let it go for a while. He must be just tired. After going back from China that morning, he must feel very worked up of the heavy work that faced him.

                “Are you ready?” their manager called all of them. “Let’s go.”

                They went up the stage. The warmth of the night became warmer as their beloved E.L.F.s cheered for them whole-heartedly. He scanned the crowd. They still waited after so long. It’s been years since they last went up together in the same stage like this. After all the challenges that they faced, their E.L.F.s still fought with them until now, it made him really happy. But as he continued to look at all those people shouting their names and screaming for them, one person caught his attention.

                Coming from the middle of the crowd, a woman tried to make her way to the front. She was wearing a bright sapphire blue headband blinking wildly in the dark, showing of her long blue hair. She was like a walking doll in blue from head to toe. His jaw almost dropped when he saw the big LED board she was lifting as she screamed his name.

                “YESUNG OPPA!!! SARANGHAE!!!”

~♥~

They bowed together after their number while the E.L.F.s continued to chant “Super Junior”.It was overwhelming, making their hearts weep in joy and pride. It was their lovely ladies cheering them on and standing for them.

                “Just now,” Leeteuk started. “Something really caught our attention. It was an E.L.F., one our Yesungie’s own.”

                He looked at them and tried to hide his reaction. He knew that they were going to laugh but he’s used to it. Come on, whose not going to after being with his little princess for long? Sometimes she even laughs at herself. He looked at the woman whose eyes were still hopeful as she waved the big board proudly. He can’t imagine how long she did that humungous thing.

                “I’m jealous.” Donghae said with a smile. “I hope someone would propose to me that way too!”

                He smiled at the sight of her. Her board says this: YESUNG OPPA! MARRY ME! SARANGHAE!

                Siwon placed a hand on his shoulder and asked, “Hyung, what will your answer be?”

                “Are you sure you want to marry me?” he asked through the microphone and saw her nodding her head excitedly. “If that’s so, then set the date. We’ll get married after you fix the papers.”

                All the girls screamed in delight as he saw her jump up and down, shaking everyone around her like a crazy woman. She was really happy and he can’t take that from her. He becomes happy whenever he sees her like that.

~♥~

She shook the woman beside her.“Did you hear that?! I’m going to be oppa’s wife!”

                She screamed. But instead of being hated by the people around her, they seem to be excited as well. They laughed and screamed with her as if they knew each other for long.

                “Oh,” said a young woman. “I envy you unnie! They noticed you. Maybe it’s because of your unique hair. It’s cute.”

                She smiled at everyone and waved at the boys. “Oppa! I’ll take care of everything! Just marry me! See you!”

                She excused herself and went through the crowd.

                “But,” Ryeowook took a microphone. “Yesung hyungie is mine.”

                “No, he’s mine.” Kyuhyun stated, making everyone laugh.

                She laughed too but just waved at them and went off to where her car was parked. This will be one of the most memorable nights of her life. The first one was when they met in winter, fought in winter during her birthday, met again in the night of spring and reconciled and now…she proposed again in the night of summer. Maybe autumn will be a very good time to get married. But not now…maybe next year!

                She smiled and inserted her car key through the keyhole. “Thank you Jong-woon oppa…you made my life meaningful. I’m not worthless anymore…”

                She felt like flying…but it’s just going to be a feeling…she can’t do that can she?

~♥~

“Yay!”they popped a champagne bottle and poured one glass for each.

                Hankyung excused himself and said that he wanted to rest but still congratulated them. It wasn’t the first time she saw him but they barely see each other before he went to China.  The boys decided to have a party before going to sleep and their managers agreed.

                Yesung pulled her to the kitchen while the others stayed at the living room and partied like they haven’t had one in their entire life.

                “I thought you were going to Apgeujong-dong? Why were you there?” he pinched her nose lightly. “You lied to me.”

                She smiled at him and gave him a hug. “Mianhae…”

                He ran a hand through her hair. “I thought you were some kind of a clown with that hair of yours. You said you won’t change your hair anymore?”

                “Why? You don’t like it?” she pouted her lips just like always.

                He shook his head. “It’s okay. That’s you…I loved you because you were you and I can’t change you, can I?”

                She smiled and pulled him to the sink, washing her hair through the faucet there. “It’s washable you know. I won’t change again because you don’t like it. I’ll just stay this way.”

                He gave her a towel and smiled. His heart flutters…he wonders how she can make it. “Thank you…”

                “Saranghae…” she whispered.

                “Saranghae.” He leaned forward to give her a peck.

                “Hyung!” it was Ryeowook. They looked fiercely at him with their scary eyes. “I—I’m sorry!!!”

                He ran and they laughed.

                “What are we supposed to do?” Yesung asked.

                She shrugged. “I think it was something called a kiss…”

                “Silly girl.” He pinched her and continued what they were supposed to do.


A/N: It’s done…I don’t know if did well this time…oh! I wanted to write more but decided not to...>.< It will be unfair right?

                And for the record, I’ll make the “Island Uncut” (because The Island was really short) that’s for those people who asked me^^ But that will be after all the stories, I’m sorry>.<…

                Did you like this part? Please tell me what you think! I will try to improve my writing more and keep studying for future stories. It was really disappointing that I need to end it now, that’s because I need to write Kangin’s story too! And “Undone” is soon! Please look forward to it! My first try in mystery….haha…*excitedly screeching* Thank you for reading!!


Originally posted on my blog...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010