The Island

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream
Part 3
 
“What are you doing?!”
                She threw his bag for the nth time she doesn’t know anymore. He is angry now, looking at her with scary eyes that she can’t stand to look at him anymore.
                “(Your name)~yah! Will you stop throwing my things out?!” He shouted fiercely grabbing her arm. “Will you stop throwing me out? Why are you doing this?”
                She pulled her arm from his grasp. Though it hurts she didn’t mind anymore. “Jung Su oppa…No…Leeteuk~ssi Super Junior’s Leeteuk~ssi! You don’t belong here, you will never belong here. Will you stop fooling yourself?”, she said all of this in an informal tone. “Jung Su oppa doesn’t even belong here; he’s just a fragment of my imagination. I can’t see him anymore. The man in front of me right now is someone I just look up to. Pretending to be Jung Su oppa, my Jung Su oppa.”
                He was startled for a while. “What are you saying? Are you crazy?”
                She took his things once more, this time he didn’t dare take them back. “These things…they don’t belong to you. You, Leeteuk~ssi, your things are in Seoul. Your life is there. Why don’t you get it?”        
                Her heart breaks at every word she says, forming tears in her eyes but she blinked them back. “I don’t know you. You are not the person who came here a month ago. You are another person.”
                He looked straight at her, not blinking as if he’s going to miss an important thing in his life if he does. “Here,” he moved one step closer to her. “Is where I believe I belong. I would not go back to Seoul. Because there…you won’t be there anymore. Why can’t you understand me? My past, it’s all gone. Right now, all I want to be is to be with you. Why are you pushing me away?”
                He reached a hand out to touch her face but she pushed him away. “No…no.”
                She turned around looking above to stop the tears from falling down. Instead, he hugged her from the back. “Don’t you know? I already fell in love with the woman who took care of me. Am I selfish for thinking for myself this time? I want to stay here for myself. You told me to think about myself once in a while right? This time, I’m thinking for myself…can’t you think about yourself as well? Don’t mind those people I left, they have twelve people there, but you, you only have me.”
                She removed his hands around her waist. “I…I don’t like you.”
                It was not a lie. Not in her entire life had she liked Leeteuk or Jung Su. Because from the very start, she fell in love with him. But she would not dare to tell him that or he would insist on staying. She’d rather lose him than be selfish. That’s not like her to keep things for herself.
                She turned to look at him. Determination can be seen from her eyes. “Jung Su oppa or Leeteuk oppa, I don’t like them both. I’d rather not keep them here. It’s better if he stay away from me. That way, I won’t be bothered anymore. I am not selfish,” she can see the pain in his eyes but she acted cold. “I don’t keep things I don’t like.”
                It hurts him, but it hurts her more. Her words are like endless knives scarring her heart at every blow. But pain, it’s okay with her. It’s not as if she wasn’t hurt before.
~♥~
He knows that she’s lying. But how can she say it that way? As if she’s really saying the truth? The way she says things, it’s as if it’s true. Would he believe her? But that will only hurt him more.
                Maybe all his efforts were gone to waste. It’s the first time in his life to be dumped like this. Is his stay worth it? He must have headed home the moment he felt okay. But for a while, he thought everything was perfect. Now, being hurt like this, he felt like a fool for wanting to stay.
                Maybe that’s why she always asks him to go home, back to Seoul. He thought she likes him the way he does. Why wouldn’t he think that way? For the few weeks he stayed there, she took care of him. Is he the only one enjoying her company? Is he the only one touched by her care? Is he the only one falling so helplessly in love?
                “You’re lying.” He said.
                He saw her eyes lose its concentration for a while, that gave him hope.
                “I’m not. If you believe I am, it’s up to you. I don’t have time for this.” She turned and headed for the door. “I can help you go back to the city. I expect your things…no you don’t have anything to pack anyway. I expect you to be ready by the morning.”
                The moment she closed the door, that’s the moment Leeteuk come back. Maybe he should go back home. He looked at the mirror hanging by the wall. He changed a lot. He grew darker from being exposed in the sun, his hair grew longer, but he looks healthier because he got enough rest. His skin glows more.
                A knock on his door stopped his thoughts. Halmeoni showed herself.
                “Good evening my dear.”
                And when he saw her, he wanted to run to her and cry. His tears sprang up but he tried his best for them not to fall. “Good evening.”
                She walked slowly to him. Opening her arms she said, “Can I hug you? You know, I’m a fan too.”
                When he reached for her, he cannot control his emotions from exploding. His tears fell like rain falling from the sky.
                “The two of you fought, didn’t you?” she held his face like a child. “(Your name) is crying too. What did she say to you?”
                “She pushed me away again.”
                “Did she tell you that she doesn’t like you? She said it was true, but you know what? I have a secret.” She flashed a smile. “(Your name)~yah, she loves Jung Su a lot. More than Jung Su can ever imagine. Be it Jung Su or Leeteuk, her heart cannot be changed. But my grandchild is not selfish, the more she loves…the more she gives.”
                He understood what halmeoni wants to say. “I should…I should come home.”
                She nodded. “That’s what you should do.”
                “I understand.” He said. “Then I should get ready for tomorrow. I can cook dinner, too.”
                “That you can do.”
~♥~
She opened the door expecting her grandmother outside. She wiped her tears. But instead of an old woman, a tall man was standing in front of her, eyes still sore from crying. Then he did cry like her.
                “If you close this door you won’t be able to see me again. This will be our last night together; will you turn your back on me again?”
                She did not; instead he let him in, just like the way he entered in her life.
                They sat on the floor. “Tomorrow, I will leave. I don’t know what will happen. I don’t know if I can still go back. Do you want that?”
                She turned her head. “No…”
                “Then why are you telling me to go earlier. You even lied about not liking me.” He stopped her before she could even open . “Don’t you lie to me again. Liking is almost the same as loving. You can’t love a person when you don’t like him. Though you, your feeling for me are more than just liking me, it’s still the same.”
                She looked down. “Then Jung Su oppa will leave by the morning.”
                “Yes, and I want you to be there.”
                She can’t do that. He knows she can’t see him leave like that. But he still wants her to be there. “I can’t…”
                “If you won’t then I won’t go. I want you there. It will be the last time we can be together.”
                She nodded.
                He lifted her face. “(Your name)~ssi…no, this is not right…” he sighed, “My (your name), I promise you that I will never forget you.”
                “I hope so,” she laughed. “Jung Su oppa is using lines to me. On how many women have you tried that?”
                She hopes to lighten up the atmosphere. They can’t stay mellow, it will only make her feel bad. Even if he’s here, she already misses him, how much more after he left?
                “You’re fooling with me.” He laughed as well. “Then, I should take this picture with me.” He took her picture frame. “Will you write for me?”
                “What should I write?”
~♥~
“One, two, three!”
                They took as many pictures as they can with the Polaroid camera she borrowed. Two shots for each if possible. They will keep these as memories.
                The sun is still low, it’s still early. In a few minutes…the man she loves will leave. But being happy is the only option. It’s for the best.
                “I shall go now,” he said when he saw the boat coming their way. He kept the pictures at his bag that she prepared. “Too bad, halmeoni just had two pictures with me. She wouldn’t make me take another one.”
                “She wouldn’t even take pictures with her own granddaughter yet she gave you some, that’s unfair.” She pouted, taking the camera from his hand. “Anyway, Jung Su oppa, please do your best in Seoul. And don’t forget about me.” She took a picture of him and kept it.
                He smiled before hugging her. “I will never forget you. Even if my memories invade my mind, my heart belongs to you.”
                Then, just before letting her go, he gave her a kiss. Her first kiss. Then he started running to the boat.
                “My (your name), SARANGHAEYO!!” he even formed a heart while waving. “I will come back! I promise!”
                Tears formed in her eyes. “Jung Su oppa! Please take care of yourself!  If you’re hurt, I will be hurt too! Sa…Sa…SARANGHAE!”
                She saw him wipe his eyes when the boat started moving away. He waved. She waved and saw the boat disappear in the horizon just as her love disappeared. “Please come back.”
~♥~
Six moths after the accident, the first time they appeared on television again. She sat and thankfully, the television opened just as Leeteuk was interviewed.
                “So what happened in the one month that you are gone?” the MC said.
                He scratched the scar on his forehead. “Actually, everything is unclear. But I know that there are people who took very good care of me.”
                “Do you want to thank them?”
                “Of course,” he smiled on the camera. “To those people, I’m sorry for not remembering you. I don’t know how to thank you for saving my life. If not for you, maybe I’m gone. In my heart, I’m really thankful for those memories. My life belongs to you.”
                For a while, she was hurt. So he doesn’t remember her anymore. But still she must be glad seeing him happy just like he was before. If one day they meet again, she will be just a stranger. But for her, he will not be just Leeteuk, because he changed her entire life. She smiled. This island is really wonderful.
~♥~
“Hyung,” it was Kangin.
                He looked up to him still holding onto the picture in his hand. “Why?”
                He sat beside him. “Why did you lie? I thought you will say the truth today?”
                “Jung Su oppa, I’m the woman you love don’t you? Please don’t forget me…(Your name)” the woman smiled at him. How can he forget? He didn’t even have amnesia. But he lied, because he fell in love with this woman the moment he saw her picture that time and didn’t want to leave that instant.
                “I can’t,” he said. “You know that it’s for her own good. Besides, I already sent her a letter with our picture. She will receive it by tomorrow morning.” He smiled.
~♥~
My (your name);
 
                I’m sorry for lying on the interview. It’s for your own good. I kept my promise, I haven’t forgotten you. I’ll be back, but I still don’t know when. Maybe when I have a break from work.
 
                Anyway, this is our picture. I even had their signature, please keep it. And maybe I’ll also send you a television soon so you can always see me. ^_^
 
               SARANGHAE!
        Love,
                Park Jung Su

Originally posted on my blog...

Sunday, July 25, 2010