EPISODE 2: “Heechul’s Story – A Girl’s Diary”

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream
NOTE: Please don’t put your own name in this story but if you insist it would be okay. Please don’t be angry with me…you will understand as the story goes on.
 
PART 1
 
There was a man…who changed my entire life. He taught me how to be happy. He taught me to love my life. He showed me…that life here on earth…is the greatest gift I’ve ever had…This, is where it all began…
~♥~
He sat on the couch watching the morning news hoping to catch a glimpse of Leeteuk. He changed the channel again for the…he doesn’t know how many times he’s done. It’s so boring.
                “Heechul hyung,” someone called his attention.
                It’s been 3 days since the accident. There were only six of them at home. Siwon and Kibum were at their own home. The others were at the hospital mending their injuries. Leeteuk is still missing. They were all worried and pressured, especially him.
                Being second of the oldest, he’s the one in charge of taking care of the younger members. He hated the responsibility even in a short while having it. That’s the same reason why he admired his only hyung.
                He looked at the door where Donghae was currently standing. His arm is still casted and bruises are visible on his face and body.
                All of them looked really terrible. He was really lucky to have nothing more than just cuts and bruises and an injured finger, nothing much. Though he must admit that his body is aching like hell and his muscles are sore.
                “Hyung, I’ll be going home,” he said. “Ohmoni called, she’s really worried. I’m sorry hyung if I’m leaving. I promise to be back in two weeks.”
                He looked at his things and doubted that he’ll be back in two weeks like he said. Two weeks but he looks like he’s never gonna come back based on the things he had packed, he even doubted if Donghae could carry them.
                He looked onto his eyes and held his gaze. “Don’t promise. I know you miss them a lot. You can stay there; just call me every now and then. Or bother the manager instead.”
                He doesn’t really mind. For him, it’s much better to have a few people in the house. That way, there will be peace. It’s been obvious that not all of them are in the mood. Hankyung’s been in a state of shock, it seems so. Eunhyuk, who is currently in the hospital, wasn’t really approachable because of his injured leg. Kyuhyun has been weird lately, Ryeowook as well because his cooking had changed entirely.
                Besides, they have a free time. All of their schedules were stopped because of what happened. He’s the only one who wants to keep his schedule at his radio show which will air again next week. He wants to keep himself busy. That way, he wouldn’t think too much and he can sleep early without thinking about that accident. It haunts him every night.
                “Thank you hyung,” he said turning and heading for the door. “Ah, hyung.”
                He looked at Donghae who looked back at him with those eyes that he wanted to punch him that instant. It’s not that he’s really angry at him or doesn’t like him. It’s just his eyes who looked at him worriedly in the past three days.
                Donghae, as well as the others, they all know how much he dislikes the situation. For that, he felt like they have an advantage over him. That makes him feel frustrated and a little bit angry.
                “Take care hyung.”
                He threw him a pillow hoping to lighten the situation, and ease his anger for a while. “Yah! Am I the one who’s leaving? You take care of yourself. Don’t worry about me, I’m older than you.” He smiled.
                Donghae sighed, “I understand. I’ll be leaving.” He smiled as well.
                As soon as he went out the doors, silence filled his soul. The sound of the television is the only thing he can hear. Another one left.
                Almost everyone is planning to go home, yet he chose to stay there. He stayed there even if he’s yearning to head back home. He doesn’t want his family to worry about him. He doesn’t want them to see him look like this.
~♥~
 “Oh, no! I’m late!!” I ran to fetch my bicycle in the garage.
                Today will be the last day I will see him. My bestfriend before he leaves for the States. But now, I don’t think I can reach the airport in time before he leaves.
                “Stupid!” I said hitting my head.
                I pedaled the bicycle fast hoping to reach there in time. Hoping to see him even for the last time because that man, he’s my first love. If today, I won’t be able to tell him how much I feel, I won’t have another chance to tell him how I feel. Thinking this way, I haven’t seen the cat standing in middle of the street.
                “Aaaahhh!!” I ended up crashing and hitting my head first to the ground.
                I looked at the cat and thankfully, I did not hit him. I was hurting that time because of the cut in my right eyebrow (which was caused by my fall) and a bruise on my hand but still I managed to stand up to check on the cat.
                His eyes were big, he’s really beautiful, but one thing is wrong. He’s lifting one foot hoping not to put any weight on it. He’s crying like a baby.
                “Are you okay?” I said when I reached him. “Did you hurt your foot?”
                I carried the cat and was amazed on his weight. He’s really healthy, not a stray cat after all.
                Looking at my watch who stopped at eight o’clock, I don’t think he’s still there. Though my heart hurts, I still hope to say my feelings to him one day if I had the opportunity. For now, maybe it’s better to go home. But with a broken bicycle, what should I do?
                I sighed getting my phone. “Unni, can you fetch me? I had an accident.”
~♥~
Unni pressed hard on my wound making me twitch. She really has no mercy for me even if I’m the patient and she’s the doctor this time around. Though I understand her because it hasn’t been the first time I got into an accident.
                She wasn’t speaking to me, maybe one of her mood swings attacked again. That’s normal because she’s pregnant. She continued to press on the wound upon my eyebrow.
                “Unni!” I snapped at her.
                “What?!” she stopped mending my wound and put her hands on her waist then pointed a finger on me. “Are you going to complain? Don’t you dare!”
                I bit my lips showing her how annoyed I am. “Unni is too much. Did I want to meet an accident? I just wanted to save the poor cat.”
                “Yes you did. But you didn’t think about yourself. Later what will you do? Complain that you haven’t reach the airport in time to meet --”
                “Stop,” I said tears starting to fill my eyes. “Did I complain? I just wanted to go home. Did I even ask you to bring me here? I told you to take me home, to my home. I can even mend my own wounds; I’m a doctor you know. ”
                She sighed, “I’m sorry, okay? I’m just…you know that I’m just worried because…”
                “I know. You don’t have to remind me about it.” I said understanding the words she hasn’t even said yet.
                I was still young when our parents were killed by our own uncle because of hatred, I was still 14 then. We grew up with our aunt but ended up being abused of work. After that, we promised to trust only ourselves.
                Unni took care of me like her own child and raised me up in the age of 20 before she met her husband. She worked hard for the both of us; that’s why I owed her a lot.
                I stood up from the sofa and took the sleeping cat into my arms. “We’re going home. I’ll just get my bicycle here tomorrow.”
                “I’ll just bring it over to you house.”
                She didn’t stop me when I left. She just looked at me as if I’m a pitiful creature.
                I separated from her after she got married, my brother-in-law and I wouldn’t get each other that’s why I decided to leave. That’s also a good thing for me. I learned to live on my own and stand for my own.
                “Hee~ssi, do you want to live with me for a while?” I smiled at the cat.
                He meowed and snuggled at my neck like a child hugging his mother. That made me happy.
                His name, I think, is Hee based on the Chinese character dangling on his neck. He is a Russian blue with clear green eyes and an aristocratic aura.
                I called a taxi and headed home.
~♥~
He threw and kicked everything he met on the dorm; everyone at home looked at him, too scared to react. This is far worse than how he’s been before.
                “Ah, hyung spit it out. What happened again?!” Kangin said at last.
                He entered his room banging the door, eyes filling up with tears… “Heebum~ah…”
                “Tsk, something must’ve happened.” Their manager said to Ryeowook who just watched as Siwon entered the room after him.
                “Hyung…hyung…is everything okay?” Siwon nagged at him. But still he can’t bear to snap at him. “Hyung, everything will be okay right? Don’t worry, I will pray for you.”
                He tried to speak but words won’t come out. His beloved Heebum is nowhere to be found. He already searched the whole house, went out. He doesn’t know what to do. He shouldn’t have left the door open when he left a while ago.
                “Yah,” Kangin pulled Siwon. “Get out, get out, hyung is not feeling well.”
                Just the way he was, Siwon still peaked his head inside the door that Kangin just closed. “Hyung, everything will be okay. It will be okay you understand? Please don’t be sad anymore.”
                “Let’s go.” Kangin pulled him again.
                He’s really mad at himself that time. As irritated as he was, he can’t still help but smile at Siwon’s nagging. He doesn’t know why he’s always like that but at least it makes him feel somewhat good inside.
                It was quiet again; Baengshin just looked at him like he was some kind of an alien who invaded the room. Maybe he is even scared at him because of the mess he made.
                “Baengshin~ah, appa is sorry…” he carried him but he wants to get off. “Please don’t be scared of appa. I’m just sad because Heebumie is missing. It’s all my fault…”
                Just then, Hankyung entered the room, he offered him ramen, he is not himself again. The Hankyung he knows would ask him if he wants to drink, but this one in front of him silently gave him comfort.
                “I haven’t seen Heebum all day since you left. Did he follow you?” he asked at him.
                He shrugged and wanted to hit himself that instant.
                “We’ll find him,” he patted his back. “Don’t worry; he’ll be back when he’s hungry.”
~♥~
The next day he started throwing tantrums early in the morning. Heebum hasn’t gone back home since yesterday and he’s the one to blame. He sat on the couch, face crumpled and eyes swollen from crying last night.
                “Hyung must have gone crazy,” Kyuhyun stated in a matter-of-fact voice before continuing the game he and Kibum are playing.
                He threw a pillow at them, “Shut up.”
                “Hyung, just relax. We’ll find him,” Ryeowook said. “He’ll be back.”
                “You wanna die?” he angrily said to him. He stood up.
                Kangin ran and held him. “Hyung, calm down.”
                He shrugged him off and headed towards the door.
                That day, they were all going to the hospital. Not only to visit Yesung, Shindong, Sungmin and Eunhyuk but to also have a physical examination. He decided to go down to the van first before he has done something he would regret later.
                The news had already been known around the world wide web. After he posted it on his Cyworld account, all people has been concerned about the whole “Heebum got lost” issue. He hoped to see him the moment he opens his eyes, hoping that everything was nothing but just a dream. But he was not lucky.
                He reached the car before anyone managed to notice him leaving the building. His PETALS and E.L.F. s have very good eyes, especially when any of them leave their house.
                He was shocked to see Siwon already sitting on the car looking outside. Thankfully he didn’t mind him. Looks like he was also thinking of something. They ended up sitting quietly in the backseat of the car waiting for the others to come.
                “Hyung,” Siwon said.
                He looked at him. “Yes?”
                “I was thinking this lately. What if…” he stopped. “Nothing. I forgot what I’m going to say.”
                Siwon looked outside again and he didn’t ask anymore. It’s better if they just don’t mind each other.
                All of them have become weirder and weirder as time accumulates. A few of them remained normal. Most of them became really moody, especially him. This time, he misses his Jung Su hyung more. Even if he always teases him calling him a dog, Leeteuk is one of those people who seem to understand him. His trust for him never fails.
                Just then, the door opened again revealing the other members who entered the car one by one. Ryeowook can’t look at him; he may be thinking that he was angry at him. Though he is guilty, he can’t just say that he is sorry to him all of the other members know that.
                “Fasten your seatbelts, let’s be safe.” Their manager reminded them before starting the ignition.

                He closed his eyes again, hoping that after he opens it, there will be Leeteuk and Heebum.


Originally posted on my blog...

Sunday, August 8, 201012:42 AM