Watermelon

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream
PART 3
 
A hand covered her lips before a scream came out of .
 
                “Do you want to die?”, a boy whispered at her as she watched the scene before her. “Don’t look.”
 
                He pulled her away from the door and covered her eyes as well. “You didn’t hear anything. You didn’t see anything. You…they won’t believe it if you told them…”
 
                That voice comforted her before. She can clearly remember the time when he took her away and saved her life from the hands of that man. She loved him since…even if they were born to be rivals forever…
 
                “Heerah~yah!!” her father shouted, holding the lifeless woman in his arms, crying tears that can fill the whole world.
She watched him mourn, keeping shut, hiding the truth behind. Her body started to shake but she held the little coin inside her hand, grasping the inch of courage that the little boy gave her. She swore to herself that she will see him again…
 
                She tossed the same coin in the air and watched the way it flipped over in small circles. She heard his voice in her head again. As clear as the waters of a deep sea…she heard him call her again.
 
                As the coin made contact with her palm, she closed her eyes and sighed.
 
              “(Name)~yah…run, run now! Leave me!”
 
                “(Name)~ssi…”
 
                She looked behind her and saw Kangin handing her a cup of tea. The burns on his arm can be seen without the usual bandage that covered them. It hurts her, thinking how much pain he’s in. Together with the wound he acquired from the last time’s encounter. She reached for it and looked down.
 
                “What’s with the coin?”
 
                “How’s the search?”
 
                They asked at the same time. He sighed and sat beside her on the swing made out of redwood. The cup in his hands half full. “Still nothing…maybe I should just go back home. There’s really no use in staying here. I realize that…I really can’t do anything.”
 
                “Oh…” there was this unfamiliar feeling inside her when he said those words.
 
                She looked at his worried face and watched him look away. The way her heart beats reminded her so much of her past.
 
                “My savior gave me this coin…” she lifted the old coin. “I wasn’t really sure why I kept it, but it serves as my lucky charm. Take it.”
 
                He looked at her with a surprised look on his face. “Wae?”
 
                “So you can find Leeteuk~ssi? I don’t know.”
 
                She placed the coin inside his hand and almost jumped in contact. There was electricity flowing through her veins, making her eyes widen. He didn’t react, just stared at his own hand where hers was placed.
 
                He closed his hand on hers. “Komawo…”
 
                He bit his lower lip to stop the tears from flowing but failed miserably and ended up crying in her arms. Startled more…it was more than the first time. Maybe because they were closer? But they barely talk to each other. Maybe because he helped her so many times…maybe because he reminded her so much of him. Was it enough a reason for her to feel this way?
 
                He leaned his head on her shoulder slowly; she removed the cup from their hands. He shook as he shed his tears once again. She wanted to cry as well.
 
                “You should always be strong and never cry. We may be from two different clans…but…you know that I love you so much…”
 
                She lifted her hand slowly and patted his back. He never cried…never lost his smile…never lost that look on his face…the look of love for her…
 
                Kangin wasn’t like that. Nothing compared to her beloved man…vulnerable. In her eyes, he was normal now. Nothing fancy, nothing like those men in romantic movies, just plain normal. She wished he would stay like that, but…he’ll be back in the city soon. Out of the mess she created, out of their silly little world.
 
                That moment…she doesn’t want it to come. When he goes back to Seoul, he will be Kangin again. Kangin of Super Junior…not the man she’s seeing now.
 
                “I’m sorry…” she said. She doesn’t know why she’s apologizing to him. She didn’t even help him find his Leeteuk hyung. Couldn’t help him…
 
                The next thing she knew...she was there, standing behind him, watching him as he take little steps away from that little house inside the woods. A huge bag behind his back, just like the way he was when they first met each other. There was a burning feeling inside her as she lost another precious person. But…she was numb…she’s used to losing her friends, losing her loved ones, seeing people die in front of her…that’s life.
 
~♥~
 
He took uncertain steps away. He wanted to stay for no reason. He just wanted to be there and protect her. A feeling he never really knew before. He lived for himself, protected himself. He shelled away from people who wanted to hurt him.
 
                He looked back and saw nothing but trees that hid that house. A place she called her home. He remembered how much lonely he was when he first lived in a house full of strangers. How can she say that she’s happy being alone? Away from everybody and living like a bat?
 
                He reached for his pocket and took out the old penny that she gave him. All of a sudden he felt strange, his heart started to beat strangely. He looked back again.
 
                “(Name)~ssi!”
 
                He started to run back towards the direction of the house. The ear-piercing sounds of gunshots started to fill the silent air.  His breathing became ragged, his heart swollen. The coin in his hand slipped away as he ran endlessly, hearing exclamations from unseen people.
 
                “Let’s go! Just burn the house down! She won’t come out.” A familiar voice stood out.
 
                He hid behind one tree and watched as they poured gasoline around the house. He can’t do anything. As worried as he was, he won’t do anything that can put the two of them in more danger. (Name)~ssi…are you still alive? Wait for me…
 
                The smell of burning leaves and wood invaded his nostrils, filling his lungs with smoke as the fire started to eat the house. The men ran away for escape as he made his way unnoticed towards the house eaten by it’s intruder.
 
                “(Name)~ssi…” he whispered.
 
                He took a step closer and found himself trapped again inside that airplane, soaring down from the sky, filling him again with the sick feeling. Voices of people he doesn’t know, screaming, holding on to their dear lives. He covered his eyes, blinded by the flame that was filled with the scent of burning flesh.
 
                The sound of shattering glass pulled him back to reality. He looked at the window and saw the woman jumping out of the house landing to her feet and fell down on her knees. He ran towards her helping her only to see the wounds on her knees made by the glass shards.
 
                She was coughing but still strong. “Gwaenchana?”
 
                She looked at him and pushed him away. “Why did you go back? Stay away from me.”
 
~♥~
 
Her aunt looked at her with worried eyes. She helped her clean herself up and her wounds as well. She bit her lips and looked down on her bruised hands. Her palms ached, her knees and feet ached too…but she doesn’t really feel the pain anymore. She’s been numb.
 
                “Kangin~ssi…” she looked up to her aunt. “Where did he go?”
 
                She felt scared that he really left her. They even had a commotion just because he wanted to help her…but then she lost. She wanted to push him away, but…she wanted him to stay just as bad.
 
                Her aunt sighed before sitting on a chair before her. She applied another layer of ointment on the wounds on her cheeks. “He went back. Said that he left something…was it a penny? Ah, he’s really weird. He’d risk his life for that single coin.”
 
               “Coin?”
 
                She stood up and hurried towards the door.
 
                “Yah! Aish…this kid. Do you want to die? It’s risky enough to let you stay here. Do you want all of us to get killed because of your recklessness?”
 
                She clenched her wounded fists and winced in pain.
 
                “(Name)~yah, let me remind you something. You are not just like any ordinary girl. You’re the only daughter of a mafia leader, the only—”
 
                “Hajima!” she shouted covering her ears. “You don’t have to constantly remind me about it! Why is the burden passed on to me? Why me?! I never wanted to be me, never wanted to grow up in a family like this! Why?!”
 
                She looked at the woman who raised her like her own. There was fury in her eyes, not for the woman before her, but for the man who gave life to her. For being blind…for not being there at times when she needed him the most. But most of all, she hated him for not being there when her own brother killed her mother. Her mom…hers.
 
                “Is it my fault for being the illegitimate child? If I only knew that I would be born as a mafia leader’s child, I would have chosen to die even before I was born!” Tears flowed down from her eyes. “Do you know who wanted to kill me? Do you know imonim?! It’s my own brother!”
 
                Her aunt looked at her in shock. “M—mwo?”
 
                She wiped her tears. “You heard me right…it’s Cheon Dae-hyun, Dae-hyun oppa…ah…or should I say *Peojji sunbae?”
 
~♥~
 
“Where is it? Where?” he whispered.
 
                He went down on his knees and searched. He doesn’t like it when he goes down on his knees but it was his fault that he lost it. He took out his flashlight and searched until the sun went down. He wouldn’t stop.
 
                “Did you search like that for Teukie hyung?” a voice inside his head asked him.
 
                No. He answered. He didn’t search for him because there are many people searching for him. (Name)~ssi needs him even if she doesn’t say it. He knows how much she needed him, just like the way he knows how much he wanted to stay.
 
                “Aish!” he threw the piece of wood that held. “This coin, if you’re not from her savior I’ll leave you!”
 
                Just like that and he saw the stupid coin. “Ah!” a portion of its edge hit him. “You want something like this huh? Stupid.”
 
                “Oh, look what we got here. It’s a stray dog.”
 
                He looked behind him and saw nothing but the light that was aimed directly at his face. He covered his eyes.
 
                “Isn’t it the toy of our little Shoobak?” the man lowered the light and revealed who he was. “Remember me? We were just searching for a lifeless body…how lucky.”
 
                He snapped and in a second, he felt himself losing consciousness as a cold metal hit him. So much for searching…he must be the one to be searched for next time.
*버찌 or peojji means cherry.
 
Originally posted on my blog...

  Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:38 PM

 


Updated....
It's been quite a while since I last updated, but still I want to thank all of you who kept on waiting^^
슈퍼 주니어 and 엘프 화이팅!!