The Island Part 2: Into the City

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream

A/N: This actually happened way past the other's story if you got confused ^-^

I will post an Episode Timeline Guide in the future. I will update it everytime a new Episode come's up and ends. It may take time since I still have to reread some of my notes and the stories in case I forgot something (^-^)


PART 2

Her heart stopped. A smile formed on his lips when those metal doors opened. She hesitated…there were still a lot of floors…how long can she take it? Staying inside a box with a man that was very familiar…yet in a snap…became a stranger…

                She tried to return his smile. She gave him a bow and entered the elevator. It was already past three in the morning; still…she cannot sleep because she kept on thinking about him. Seeing him like this…it hurts so much.

                “(Name)~ssi,” he whispered.

                She looked up at him. The elevator seemed to move slower than it was supposed to do…

                “That was your name right?” his smile looked bright even if his eyes looked tired. “Do you live hear?”

                She nodded, lifting a side of her lips. Don’t talk to me…she wanted to say. Still, he kept on asking her questions. All she wanted to do was to escape and run away.

                When the elevator reached the ground floor, she bowed at him and went off first.

                “Ah, jeogiyo…” he called out. “Do you mind if I ask where you are going?”

                “I’m…” she hesitated.”I’ll just buy something.”

                He walked alongside her. “I can take you there.”

                Stop being nice to me…still she agreed. Maybe if this was the only way she could get a step closer to him…then…it will be fine…

~♥~

Three more weeks went by like a speed of light. It was so fast she almost forgot her reasons for staying there. Her main reason was a man who abandoned her. Though they never broke up…forgetting the memories they had together means forgetting about her. It’s how he left her. He stepped outside her life as fast as he went. It left a great storm in her life.

                She never saw him again. Besides the news, she never wanted to look for him again. They announced it too…that Sora and him were engaged. He must be really happy…because E.L.F. accepted it. Was it because they already knew Sora? Many favored them even before…so knowing it now doesn’t change a thing. It should have been her standing there beside him…

                She prepared herself in front of the mirror. That night, there will be a sogaeting. Ever since her halmeoni came to Seoul and heard about Leeteuk’s memory, she always wanted to make her forget as well. It wasn’t the first time tonight…she went to many in a week’s time. It was probably the fifth time now.

                “You look beautiful no matter what nae aegiya (my baby)…” her harabeoji kissed her forehead. “I hope you will find love tonight, even if it’s hard.”

                She forced a smile. They were sadder than her. She acts like she didn’t care anymore but in the end they still know what she feels. There was no use in pretending…

                She entered the glass door of the restaurant and was greeted by a fine young man. Older than her, he was already a successful business man with a photography studio of his own. He was nice and kind too. They talked about a lot of things that she realized she had always liked. They have the same interests and for the first time, she found herself really smiling and laughing.

                “Tomorrow, if you are free, you might want to go to my studio. I heard from your grandfather that you really like to take pictures. If you want, I can teach you some more.”

                “Chinchayo?” she clapped her hands in delight. It wasn’t a fake reaction either. Everything she did that night was real… “Komawoyo Il-Deung~ssi.”

                He brought her home that night, too. He was the perfect gentleman. But everytime he smiles, he reminds her of Jung Su, because of his eyes. He makes the same expression whenever he smiles at her. He turned and went back to his car.

                “(Name)~ssi,” Il-Deung ran back to her side. “Please forgive me if this is too sudden.”

                In a split second, she found herself being kissed by a man she just met. A kiss for her…was as important as love. Kissing her…maybe he really liked her.

                When he waved his hand while he drove his car away, she was still touching her lips. Her heart fluttered. Her cheeks felt really hot as she walked towards the elevator. Maybe she can forget him too. There’s a chance…if ever she falls in love, she will forget Jung Su and move on. She still has a lot of time.

~♥~

“You are doing great.”

                “I know right?” she stuck her tongue out.

                He became her boyfriend. No…her fiancé. She never realized that she can love another man…

                Il-Deung wrapped his arms around her as they looked at the photos she took on his camera. She was laughing again. Everytime they stood close like that, it makes her heart jump.

                “Yah, yah, don’t move around. Let’s take a photo together.”  He turned the camera towards them and she raised her hand to form a V-sign.

                The bell of the shop tinkled but they never minded. They were in their own world while his staff welcomed their client.

                Raina, his friend and colleague came inside the room and called him. “They came. Yah, yah! You should start working now.” She teased them.

                She was close to his friends too because after she quitted her job in the café, she spent most of her free time there after school. She started studying again to take up arts. She decided to stop because being near the station only bothered her; especially now that she entered a relationship. But Jin remained as her friend.

                She laughed and playfully hit her shoulder.”Eonnie!”

                She followed Il-Deung outside. Besides being his girlfriend, she also acts as his assistant when she’s free. But out there was a scene that made her heart stop.

                “Oppa, it’s been a long time isn’t it?”

                “Really? Waaahhhh,” Il-Deung patted her head. “You will even get married before me. How about a double wedding? I’ll introduce her to you.”

                He turned around and saw her standing by the doorway of his office, just watching them. She clenched the doorway…this can’t be happening to her.

                “Why are you frozen there?” He smiled and took her hand. “They’re my friends from way back then so don’t get nervous. They’re nice people.”

                No. She almost said. He must have noticed that her hands turned cold because he held it tighter.

                “Here, this is (Name), my fiancée.” He wrapped his arms around her shoulder. “This is Sora, Jung Su and s, Kangin and Donghae. You must be familiar with them right?”

                She nodded hesitantly. “Ah…ne. I’m actually a fan so…”

                She looked up and met his eyes.

                What are you thinking?  She wanted to say. Was that pain in your eyes? Do you recognize me? Tell me.

                “Hyung—“

                “I remember you!” Jung Su suddenly said.

                Her heart jumped. Remember me…

                Sora clapped her hands. “Right, that girl from the café. It’s nice to see you again.”

                “I was just going to say that.” He laughed.

                Stop laughing. She wanted to run away and cry. How can he do this? His heart doesn’t even recognize her anymore…

                She pressed hard on Il-Deung’s hand without realizing. “Why?”

                She looked up. “I remembered…I still need to buy a new palette. I emptied my blue paint last night so I need to buy another one. Mianhae…”

                He smiled. Always so understanding… She bowed her head and hurriedly took her things. She cannot stay or else she will be confused. She covered …why does it still ache? Her heart felt empty all of a sudden when she always felt full in the past month. It was all because of that man.

                “(Name)~ssi! (Name)~ssi! Jamshimanyo!”

                She turned around and saw Jung Su running after her. She stopped. Is he following her now?

                “W—why are you…”

                He took her hand and took her away.

               Where will you take me?

                She followed him…not minding how far it will take; his warm hand finally holding onto her. Why?

~♥~

His heart clenched when he saw her. Why does she always appear when he thought everything was okay? Just like then…

                “Oh, she left her wallet.”

                He stood beside Il-Deung. “If you want I can take it. I also forgot something in my car so…”

                He didn’t know why he followed her. By that, he also didn’t know why he took her hand and pulled her away. Was it the tears in her eyes? Why is she crying? Still because of him?

                 “Hyung—“

                Kangin must have noticed how he shook. He cannot control his knees when he saw her. He thought it was not her earlier when they first peeked inside the studio. He thought it was someone else who looked like her. In fact, seeing her there was almost impossible.

                “Waahh, they’re sweet. I thought he was just kidding when he called me. “ he remembered Sora said.

                They were close. And he invited them to the studio so that he can take pre-nuptial photos as a gift to them. Why was he her fiancé?

                She pulled her arm. “Let me go.”

                They stopped running. They stood face to face on an empty street. She was shaking…and crying…there was pain visible in her innocent eyes that never once lied to him. Those eyes betrayed her words…

                “You are crying…why?”

                He wanted to cry as well. It was hard pretending that he doesn’t know her when she was once heris world. And seeing her like this pained him more than knowing that she was engaged, too. She was clenching her hand into tiny fists and trying to take her eyes away from him.

                “Nappeun nom (bastard/bad guy)…” she whispered. “What are you trying to pull off? How long are you going to forget me…”

                She was still whispering…not looking at him but instead, she was looking somewhere. Out of nothing, he suddenly grabbed her into his arms. He wanted to hold her this way for so long. There will be no excuses…He will not know what to do. But for the mean time, all he wanted to do was to feel her again. That warmth that lingered in his dreams…the feeling of her. If it means the world to be sacrificed for that single moment…then the world will be gone.

                “(Name)~yah, I hurt you so much…”

                If this was a sin he committed, then he will probably burn to ashes. Holding on to that feeling was like letting the darkness of the future eat him. All he has to do was to close his eyes and pretend again…just like always…


 


 

Originally posted on my blog...

  Sunday April 1, 2012 12:32 PM

PLEASE TAKE AWAY WITH FULL CREDITS AngelELF_jooeun


A/N:

After battling out like this:

                “Less description, more script!”

                “I want to explain everything!”

                We ended up with this… hahaha. (I won? But I guess I'll try to do script more next time...mianhae Kissie~yah...)Thank you for waiting. We will try to work harder together in the future. This is the consequence of working together…it seems like it was harder…ne, Kissie~yah? ^-^