Chapter 8

Weather Report

Due to Yoona's insistance, the girls were able to arrive to the café Yoona worked at, at 11:35.

The girls had already ordered and have been chatting for a while, though, there was one in particular whose conversation wasn't... quite a conversation.

"Why did you have to be such a morning person?" Grumbled Jessica.

"I don't know mommy~" Exclaimed Yoona teasingly.

"When I told you I didn't want such an annoying child I meant it." Jessica's moody tone caused shivers on all of them, except Yoona who kept annoying her.

All of them were slightly surprised to see Yoona so eager and chirpy, except for Yuri who seemed to be cracking up.

"What's so funny?" Asked Jessica, who was now angry, after all, they had made her get up before 1 p.m., which was the hour she normally got up on saturday.

"It's just that Yoona turns overly talkative and funny when she's nervous," She explained with a smirk, "That's why she was able to talk to Seohyun, she's just so nervous she becomes the chatty type." 

Yoona scoffed, "I'm not nervous." She said, acting nonchalant while her friends just shook her head, they knew it now, she was a nervous wreck right now.

"Oh, look, Seohyun" Sunny said.

Yoona stood up from her chair and turned abruptly, her movements so fast she almost tripped herself.

As she turned around and found that there was no Seohyun on the entrance she blushed, the laughter of the girls echoed in the café, Yoona turned around once again, glaring at the older girls who couldn't stop laughing.

"It's not funny!" Screamed Yoona, though it sounded more like a whine. 

"Of course It's funny!" Said Jessica, "It even woke me up!" She finished, they kept laughing soundly. 

This only made Yoona mad, they were supposed to support her! Not to make fun of her all the time!

A hand poked her shoulder, calling her. She turned around abruptly, still mad thanks to her friends.

"What!" She screamed as she turned around.

The sight that she found as she turned around made her want to slap herself. 

Seohyun stood there, her expression showed a bit of fear, while she leaned back slightly, the hand that Yoona figured was used to call her still hanging in the air though it looked like it had retreated a quite bit. 

She wanted to kill her friends. It didn't matter that they were her seniors. She. Was. Going. To. Kill. Them.

"Oh god I'm sorry!" She exclaimed. Getting closer to Seohyun as she did so, talking so fast the girls behind her had to listen carefully to understand what she was saying. "I'm sorry really really sorry, it's just that they started making fun of me and they teased me and they sort of pulled a prank on me, and and and I got mad, and then you came and poked me, I was angry so I just snapped and I screamed at you, but I wouldn't have screamed at you if it wasn't for their teasing, it's techinically their fault because, I mean, who in their right mind would scream at you? You are like-" She was cut off abruptly as Seohyun placed her index finger upon her lips, an amused smile placed on her lips while she shook her head.

"No need to worry, Yoona-unnie," She said as a soft giggle left her lips, slowing Yoona's cognotive process. "There's no need to apologize that much, maybe just an 'Oh, sorry, didn't know it was you' would've worked." There was a playful smirk on her lips and even though she knew  Seohyun was sort of making fun of her, she couldn't find it in herself to be mad at her, the playful glint on her eyes and that small smirk had just erased every thought of a possible comeback.

"Yeah, still, I'm sorry," Yoona said as she realized if she stayed frozen just staring at her she would probably look creepy. 

"These are my friends," Yoona continued, wanting to change the topic soon and also trying to divert her eyes from the goddess like beauty before her "I think you know all of them already except for those two," She said while pointing at Sooyoung and Sunny. Seohyun nodded, confirming what she had just said. "The tallest one is Sooyoung, our heavy eater."

"Look who is talking." Sooyoung scoffed. 

"And the shortest one is Sunny. She's our heavy eater's girlfriend."

"Hey! How come you only said something embarrassing about me?" Exclaimed Sooyoung  while standing in front of Yoona daringly. 

"Is being your girlfriend not embarrassing enough?" Retorted Yoona, as she pulled a chair out and offered it to Seohyun, who just smiled gratefully and sat down.

Before Sooyoung could say anything, Seohyun interrupted. "Nice to meet you, Sooyoung-ssi, Sunny-ssi." She said, bowing her head slightly. "I'm Seo Joohyun, you can call me Seohyun if you'd like."

"No need for such formalities, just call me Sunny," Sunny spoke. Seohyun shook her head.

"I'm sorry Sunny-ssi," She started. "But my mom taught me when I was a kid that I should always be polite to people who are older than me." 

"Are you calling me old?" Said Sunny, she sounded serious, though all them knew that she was just joking around, well, most of them.

Seohyun's already wide eyes widened even more before she closed them, shaking her head.

"Of course not! It's just that Yoona mentioned the other day during our phone call that she youngest one of you... so since I'm a year younger than her I figured..." Seohyun trailed off, her cheeks and ears burning as she stared at her feet.

"Aish, this kid," Said Taeyeon, Seohyun lifted her head to look at her. "She's just playing around with you, Seobaby" 

Seohyun blushed brighter and Yoona clenched her fists and felt her toes curl. 

So cute.

Suddenly the nickname that Taeyeon used snapped her back to reality.

"How come they call you Seobaby and I don't?" She exclaimed, not thinking before speaking. 

"We heard Jess called her that," Said Tiffany, "I thought it was really cute." She eyesmiled as she said that, Yoona couldn't get mad at her, that eyesmile was seriously a great distractor.

"Yeah... you..." Started Seohyun. "You can call me that if you want." She looked away for a moment, Yoona felt like squealing, her fangirl heart was about to burst.

"No" She stated with a smile, "It's nice to know I can call you that, but I'll have to think of a nickname for you." She smiled brightly at her. "A nickname that only I will use." Seohyun's ears turned red but still nodded.

The chatter continued animously, Seohyun was a great company it seemed. 

Yoona was glad, that once again she was able to control herself. She had been longing to hug Seohyun throughout, but she knew it would've been weird, there wasn't really a reason, so if she did it she was sure it'd be creepy. She didn't want to be creepy she wanted to be charming.

"This was lovely," Suddenly said Seohyun, the plate that used to have a small slice of cake now was empty just like the glass that used to contain juice. "this has been great and I would love to stay here," She continued, sighing. "But I have to go, I have an appointment with my mother, I promised I would go with her to those bakery classes she's taking on saturday afternoon." 

Was there anything that wasn't pure and lovely on this girl? Yoona wondered for a second, this beauty in front of her was too perfect for reality.

They all said their goodbyes but when Yoona was about to say goodbye, Seohyun interrupted her.

"Umm...Yoona-unnie," She said, fidgeting with her fingers, "it's just that... the other day I gave you a presentation card, since I was in a rush, so the number I gave you is the one I use for work.." She looked for something in her bag, taking a small paper and a pen from it. She wrote something and handed it to Yoona.

Yoona noticed there were a bunch of numbers with the title 'Seohyun' on it, but she couldn't quite process it. "So... I think my personal number would be better for us to communicate..." She trailed off and Yoona nodded vigorously.

"Of course, I'll save it on my phone!" She exclaimed, maybe a bit too happy. Seohyun giggled again.

"I hope you hang on your promise." Suddenly said Seohyun and Yoona frowned. "You promised me I could invite you to eat breakfast with me on Monday, since you wanted to treat me lunch today." Seohyun continued, noticing Yoona couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Oh! Of course! Sure, I'd love to have breakfast with you." She said. Or any other meal, it doesn't really matter, she thought.

"Well.. here," She handed Yoona her phone. "You should write your number so I can call you later and we can get to an agreement in terms of time, place and stuff like that." Seohyun smiled so brightly Yoona couldn't help but smile as bright too. 

When she handed Seohyun her phone back. They just stared at each other, feeling a bit awkward for a moment. Now what? Thought Yoona. 

She didn't have to think that much, since Seohyun had found the perfect answer. 

"It really was lovely, I hope it can become a regular thing," Said Seohyun after she had wrapped her arms around Yoona and released her just as fast,  it didn't gave Yoona enough time to react.

"Yes, I do too." She said sincerely, her mind overwhelmed from the short skinship they had. 

Seohyun waved to all of them, her gaze lingering on Yoona before heading out. 

Yoona collapsed on a chair, she couldn't believe what had just happened.

"Say Yoona," Started Yuri, "How much money did you give her to get her to hug you?"

The girls laughed a bit but Yoona was too busy staring at the paper on her hands, memories of a few seconds ago and from the whole lunch ran aimlessly through her mind. 

She smiled slightly to herself. 

"I think I should call her Hyunnie".


Ta dah! What did you think of this chapter? I hope it was not lame... 

please tell me your opinion xD If anyone had read any of my previous fics, you'd notice I'm more the.. angsty, dramatic, etc. type, so, I don't know if I overdid it or if it was too dull...

But well, hope you enjoyed it and comment, subscribe and upvote if you'd like.

Until next time :3