CHAPTER XXXI

FOREVER, IS TOO MUCH.

 

 

Another day. Beautiful, by the way. Not long ago, a little rain was dropped down on town. But seems like nothing had happened, the sky was clear and bright with the sunlight, it caused a rainbow in the middle of the blue sky. Indeed a beautiful day.

Parents with its children at the park. Lovers hand in hand enjoying the weather. Elders taking tea.

Everything paints a good canvas. But not for the young man sitting on a chair, in a not so warm room. This day is like every other day. Plain simple.

It doesn't matter if the day its cold, warm, raining, snowing, or a sunshine day. It's always the same. A gray day.

It's been three months since the incident. Tao, Chanyeol's wife, is still on that come. Trapped in a bed, hanging there just for the sake of his baby. Day by day, the baby seems to be healthier.

Tao was now seven months of pregnancy. Doctors made a test every week. Checking on Tao's health and most important, In the baby. After all this time, the doctors unknown what could be the gender, each time an ultrasound was made, the baby just turn its back so it was difficult to say which gender. Most of the doctors said it was a male. So Chanyeol was in wait for another baby boy.

Tao looked gorgeous. Chanyeol laughed when Sehun told him that Tao looked like "Sleeping Beauty" that it was almost insane how good he looked for a person being in coma.

Luhan, Sehun and most important, Jongin and Kyungsoo aside Tao's parents, were always by chanyeol's side. With the power they had, four nurses came two times at day everyday to take care of Tao. Hair was cut once or twice in a month. Shaved every day. Cleaned every day at night and day. Thus, Tao looked always perfect, like he were sleeping but in fact, he was in coma.

Chanyeol was the one looking terrible. Pale, skinny, but most of all, he looked tired. Heavy eye bags was now common on him. It was mere of time for him to break.

Sometimes he wished just to close his eyes and never ever let them open again. He wanted silence. He wanted not be able to breathe. He asked for mercy. He begged for put and end in his love. But then he remember he still had three kid to take care of and a new one in way.

He tried to spend many time as possible with his kids. A month after FeiLong's surgery, he was released and discharged. With instructions of a healthy diet and a non-stress environment. Which was thankful to Jongin and Kyungsoo for taking the triplets with them when he was in hospital. Sometime he worked and sometimes he only spend time by Tao's side.

"Daddy." A cute softly voice called for him.

Chanyeol turned his head towards the door and there he was little Jia. Chanyeol smiled and opened his arms for the kid who gladly ran to him. "What are you doing here baby?"

"I miss mommy and I wanted to see him." Said the kid who held his mother's hand and began to caress it softly, giving lovely pecks time to time.

Chanyeol smiled at his son cute act. "I bet mommy is happy to...to feel you here. I'm sure he is."

The kid turned his head toward his father and widened his eyes. "Does my baby brother is happy too?"

"Sure he is." Chanyeol chuckled at the innocent yet cute kid.

Jia leaned forward his mother's belly. "I'm waiting for you. Gege will take care of you so be healthy and hurry hurry to come."

"What a nice older brother you are." Chanyeol said resting his head on Tao's chest. "How are your brothers, uh?"

"Fine. Yao seems like a bubble gum. Always stick with Long gege. "Said the kid puffing his little cheeks.

"You are so cute. " The father said looking at his adorable son."

"But I thing is okay. Yao taking care o Longi Gege and me taking care of the baby and mommy, of course."

"Thank you for coming everyday. Mommy is happy. I'm happy to have company."

"Daddy?" Chanyeol closed his eyes and hummed. "After the baby's born.....Does mommy will go back with us? Mommy will wake up, right?"

Chanyeol opened his eyes and sighed. It took him awhile to swallow the ball of emotions forming on his throat. "Jia, the baby will get home okay. But, for mommy...Let's wait a bit longer, okay?"

The kid nodded. "But he is going to wake up, yes?"

"I...Yes." He looked at his son's face full of hope. "Yes, he will."

Neither of them heard the door open. "Sorry to bother you. Is everything okay?" Said a nurse who came in.

"Oh, nurse Cho. Yes, thank you. Me and my son are just...talking."

The nurse walked towards Jia and smiled to him. "Is nice to have you here. Would you like a cookie?"

The kid jumped out of the chair. "Can I?"

Chanyeol smiled and the nurse laughed at the adorable kid. "Sure you can. Is on the desk....you know where right?"

"Of course, of course! You always give me cookies. I already know the secret place." With that Jia walked out of the room, looking for his food.

"Ahh that kid. Is adorable." Said chanyeol with a tired sighed.

"You need to stop lying to your son. To  yourself." Said the nurse resting her back in the nearest wall.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You need to stop this Chanyeol. Is unhealthy for you and the kids. You're only getting their hopes high. Chanyeol, your wife isn't going to wake up. The only reason for him to be like this is fo-"

"I know." Chanyeol sighed. "Please just don't say it. I already know, more than anyone. Tao is not going to wake up. I've this feeling inside me so please don't say it. I... I already know." Chanyeol closed his eyes and sighed once again.

"Sorry, but is true. You need to stop thinking of him and focus on your kids. They need you. Once the baby will born he will request all your attention and it will be had for you with three little kids. You need to stop thinking in your wife." The nurse looked at Tao and bit her lips. It was hard but it was the truth. Tao was lying on a bed, he can do nothing fot that and the kids need a father. They still need to be taken care of. Se walked behind Chanyeol's chair and put his hands on Chanyeol's shoulder. "Please Chanyeol think in your kids. They are alive....and Tao is dead.”

"He is not. He is only in coma."

"For the baby. But you know as we all know. He will never wake up again. He is dead. Move on Chanyeol." She bended down and wrapped her arms around Chanyeol's neck. "Let's move on with the kids, together."

"Mina." Chanyeol whispered the name of the woman while looking at his wife.

"Move on together? With the kids? Well sorry to pop your bubble and break your lovely time. But if you two are going to move on is whether alone and with no kids." Said  a very mad Kyungsoo whom was doing a walk and saw little Jia eating cookies on the halls. The kid said the nurse Cho gave it to him.

"Kyungsoo we are talking ab-"

"Oh, talking? Well nurse Cho, you must have so much free time to be here and not doing your work."

"Kyungsoo stop. Mina was just passing by and-"

"Mina? You call her now by her first name.?" Kyungsoo said, who was now full of anger.

"Kyungsoo let me exp-"

"You shut up witch! Brainwashing Chanyeol and favoring Jia with little tricks. Ha! I see how it is."

"Kyungsoo this has nothing to do with you." Chanyeol stood up." We already talk about this and my kids needs a mother figure. Mina is helping me with al this and she is willing to be a mother fo-"

"NO! You didnt talk about this with the rest of this family. We are a family, not her! What decision? Leave Tao and be with her only because you feel like crap?"

"Tao is dead."

"HE IS NOT! He is in coma but not dead. Chanyeol stop this stupidity. You don't love her. She's only offering you help but at what cost?"

"I can't do this alone Kyungsoo. Mina will help me with the kids. She knows that I dont feel anything for her but she still want to try it.

Kyungsoo felt like crying. Chanyeol was breaking down. That nurse was a good woman but opportunist. She was in love with Chanyeol and when she find out that "The wife" was in a coma pregnant and with three more babies out there she do everything for win the doctors hears, as well with the kids. It wasn't Chanyeol's fault. He didn't cheat on Tao, he was only alone with so much on his hands and head. He was beyond lost.

"Jongin and I love the triplets so much and you know that Chanyeol. I know nurse Cho is a good woman but we can't let yout and her take them. I know you still are afraid from what happened three months ago. FeiLong is fine, we are making him happy, he is happy knowing you are taking care of his mother and the baby."

"I just want to help Kyungsoo. I'll take good care of them. I promise." She said holding Chanyeol's hand. " I know he won't love me but I want to try."

"We want to try...for my kids." Chanyeol said with a dead voice

Kyungsoo felt bad for Chanyeol. He was out of mind. After want he saw, he kept thinking he isn't able to protect his family.

"You can try everything you want but not with these kids." Said another doctor with Jia in arms.

"Jongin." Kyungsoo looked at his husband whom seemed sad.

"Jong, please don't do this to me." Chanyeol begged almost in tears.

"Sorry Chanyeol. You can take this woman and be a family but only with the baby you and Tao made. The triplets will stay with us." Jongin dead serious causing Kyungsoo to looked at him in horror.

"Jongin are you even...for real?" Chanyeol said with no power in his voice. "Are you trying to take my kids away  from me?"

"The triplets aren't your children. Tao can't take care of them and Kris....God, Chanyeol open your eyes! You are lost in pain and sorrow. We get that. Don't do a stupid thing just for impulse."

Chanyeol looked at his son who was asleep in his friend's arms. A peaceful face, nothing to worry about. Unlike him. He was dead afraid. He don't want to be a fail to his child. "I can't" He said with tears in his eyes. He walked towards Kyungsoo and hugging like his life depended on it. Forgetting the nurse who was now out of the room in tears. "Please take care of my babies."

"Chanyeol please." Kyungsoo began to cry with his friend.

"If Tao can't make it the I'm going with him. I can't live without him."

"Chanyeol, you can't" Said Kyungsoo between sobbing. "You made a promise, remember?"

'Promise?' Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo, then at Jongin and his son and finally at Tao. Yeah, he remember that promise. "I did." He walked toward Jongin and took Jia on his arms. He cuddled his son tightly almost in fear that the kid could disappear. He then   , walked to Tao's bed. And saw his wife, gorgeous as always. "I'm sorry for everything. I'm afraid. I'm not that strong if you are not here with me. Almost....almost give you up. In fear, I was willing to hold that woman hands and support my pain on her shoulder. Sorry for that Tao but I just love you so much that its killing me." He leaned down and kissed Tao's lips, sobbing at the contact. "I need to go home with the kids, I'll come tomorrow. I love you so much my panda. I love you Tao,"

Chanyeol walked out of the room. He wanted to go home and be near with his other two sons.

"We got you back." Jongin said giving him a tight hug.

"Thank you guys, for being here." He kissed his son's head and walked through the hall.

Jongin hugged his husband and let some tear fall in his handsome face." Poor Chanyeol, but he can do it. I'm sure he can handle all of this."

Kyungsoo nodded his head, cleaning his crying face with the back of his sweater. "I know he can. He promised it to Kris. He promised he would take care of Tao and his children."

Jongin looked at Tao. "Kirs' last wish."

Kyungsoo sighed at the thought of the events three months ago in FeiLong's room. "Kris...May he rest in peace."

 


 

A/N: Short update but better than nothing right? Next chap you'll know whats the deal in Fei room. Anyway, so much to do, here is almost x-mas holiday and gosh this country is so ed up, really is scary, to late for us to cry. Oh, and guess whos when to music bank and saw Jongin like 50cm away? Yes me. Chanyeol is just toooooooooo way handsome and so lovely and so dork, Kyungso is out of words, perfect. And Jongin.....Kim Jongin! I have no words for him. He is so ing y and cute! I mean a minute he was so adorable and the next he was a ing y beast. He enjoy dancing.