SPECIALLY NORMAL

loving the BIPOLAR [SEMI-HIATUS]

JIN HAE's P.O.V.


Another ordinary day. Everything seems to be normal. Normal neighborhood. Normal school. Normal students. Everything is normal , but me. *sigh*


When I woke up earlier, I remembered Mark's invitation. I suddenly got excited. He's going to dance. I'm watching someone dance. I'm still on my down side now, so I think I need that. Music really helps me ease my highs and lows. It's a very good mood stimulator. When I'm depressed, lively songs cheer me up. When I'm at my peek, like laughing at everything, slow and mellow songs eases me.


I walked inside my room. No one seemed to notice me. Then I saw Mark. He smiled like there was no tomorrow. I looked behind me to see if he is looking at somebody else but no, he was looking at me. My seat was beside him so I walked towards him.


"Goodmorning!" He greeted me with the most lively tone I have ever heard. My heart almost melted.


"Goodmorning" I greeted back.


"You're going later, aren't you?" he asked.


"Yes, I've already said yes." I told him.


"Well, I'm just making sure." he smiled.


I put my earphones on then started drawing. I listened to a lively music. I suddenly found my drawings funny. I giggled . No. I laughed at it. Mark looked at me , half-startled, half-amazed.


"You're laughing." He said.


"Uh, yeah, I can do that." I struggled to say before laughing at him. The look in his face is the best. XD


MARK's P.O.V.


She laughed. She was laughing on her drawing. Now she's laughing at me. I must've looked like an idiot because of shock. Jr. who was sitting beside me whispered, "Be ready to be a laughing stock."


She began hitting her desk with her fists while laughing. I tried to stop her. " Jin Hae, stop it." I told her.


"Wae? Are you embarassed? Omo! You're blushing!" she laughed harder.


She's already blushing. "What's wrong with you?" Bambam asked her looking back.


"I'm sorry but I'm like this when I'm high." she explained.


"You're taking drugs!?!?!?" Bambam asked in shock.


"No, It's not like that." she said between laughs.


I saw her earphone dangling in the edge of her desk. I took it and listened to it. She was listened to a lively song. I checked her playlists. The one was titled 'for depression' while the other one was titled ' for hyperactivity'. What's this? She uses music to neutralize her emotions?


"Yah! That's mine!"she snapped at me then took her earphones and player. My, she's loud.


One of the girls in front heard her and said. "Look , Jin Hae's on her bright side again. Let's go with her."


What?! Now they're going with her bacause she's on her bright side? I hate fair-weather friends.


They approached her and the four of them chatted as if nothing is wrong with Jin Hae. It pissed me off.


Luckily, at lunch, Jin Hae was alone again. I sat beside her. She looked at me as if she saw a ghost.


"What?" I asked her. It took a while before she answered "Nothing " we ate together. She kept looking at me while we were eating.


"Do you want to say something?" I asked her.


"You were the one who sat beside me. Do you want to say something? Why did you sit beside me?" She said.


"Can't I sit with my friend? It's just that I thought you were the emo girl." I told her.


"Uh, you know, I have this situation. I have a bipolar disorder." there was sadness in her tone. I stayed silent.


"Don't worry, you can stay away from me when I'm in depression. I don't want to be bothersome because of my condition." She assured me.


"Do you say that to all of your friends?" I asked her.


"Well, yeah , I do. I don't want to be a pain in the ." she told me.


"No one ever disagreed to you before?"I asked. She shook her head.


"You don't have true friends then, well except me." I told her. She tilted her head in confusion.


"I won't leave you even when you're in depression." I told her. She looked at me as if I proposed


"What?" I said.


"I'm just.. touched" she hugged me. My heart skipped. I wanted to pull away but my body doesn't seem to cooperate.


"I knew you'd be a good friend when we met at the corridor."she said. I felt butterflies in my stomach.


"Y-yah, I'm trying to eat here"I tried to say playfully, only it didn't sound that way.


"Oh, sorry." she apologized as she let go.


Long Silence


"So, if you have this condition, do you take medications?" I asked, breaking the akward silence.


"I did, but it didn't work throughout though. The doctor suggested I use other options.


"Like?"


"Music. Before I got into this situation, I'm musically inclined. So it really helped me a lot." She explained.


"So you're into music?" I asked again.


"Yeah, something like that." She nodded shyly.


Mark and Jin Hae talked all day about each other. Everything seems to be the right thing to talk about. Everything came naturally between them. They were very interested. Mark was glad she's interested. Yes, he usually gets girls' interest, but Jin Hae is different. She is special.


JIN HAE's P.O.V.


Guess what? I just found a new friend! *clap clap*. His name is Mark. I think he's really a good person. He did't even judge me when I told him that I have this bipolar disorder. He even said that he won't leave me, even at depression. I just hope it's true.


"Jin Hae, do you have anything to do before watching us?" Mark asked me while I was clearing my things up.


"I don't." I shook my head.


"Do you want to come with us then?" he asked. "I'm fine with that." I nodded.


When we went outside the classroom, Bambam was waiting for us."Hi Jin Hae." he waved at me. Why is this guy so cute? I smiled back "Hi."


While walking to the venue, I nearly stumbled necause I stepped on my not-so-tied shoelace.I instinctively grabbed Mark's arm who I was walking with.


"Your shoelaces are untied." he said while kneeling down. He tied my shoelaces for me.


"Uh, thanks." I said shyly


He smiled at me. Bambam dusted himself while saying" Ants are everywhere."


We went to a small coffee shop. They're going to perform there? We saw our other classmates outside, who greeted us by the time they saw us.


"Jin Hae?!" Jr. exclaimed, walking towards me."Hi. Jr." I raised one hand.


"So you're past your depression period again huh?" he teasingly asked me.


"Uh, yeah, you can say that." I just agreed with him.


"Mark hyung invited her to watch us." Bambam said."Oh, so you're the one who is taking JinHae out of her shell huh?" Jr. smiled at me.


I felt good because of what he said. That is exactly what I wanted to do.


"By the way hyung, is this where we will be performing? Is this JB hyung's 'lair' ?" Bambam asked.


"Yeah , it might look lame on the outside, wait till you get inside.


"Wae? Is there a hidden place inside?" Bambam asked. Jr. just smiled "Let's go in."


When we got inside, Jr. went to the shelf beside the counter. He waited until the three of us werr already beside him. He touched the knight's head displayed on the shelf and the shelf shook a little, revealing a hidden staircase.


The four of us went down, led by Jr. of course. It was really big downstairs. It's like a big dance club.


When we met the others, I was surprised to see Youngjae. I thought he's into singing? Yes I was always alone and silent at school, but I know things about my classmates.


"Woah! Is she who I think she is?!" Yugyeom blurted out.


"Yeah it's Jin Hae. Mark invited her." Jr. smiled.


Minutes later, people started coming. It was dark so our schoolmates didn't really recognized me, or doesn't even care.


When there were already many people,enough to be called a crowd or audience, they started. My position was in front of them. I was told that they were going to dance. I didn't know that they were also going to sing.


Mark's part was a rap. He was looking in front, that's where I was


While he was doing his rap, he was lookinh at me. If somehow felt akward because the crowd watching (of course, they came here to watch). He is so differrnt when he's performing. He had this bad boy aura, especially when he delivered his last line 'Every lady wants a piece of me'.


After their performance, people started t go. They decided to stay longer, and told me to stay also. Around 5:30, Mark decided that the three of us would go. "Mark hyung , I need to buy something, you go first." Bambam told Mark.


Mark offered to walk me home, I tried to refuse but he insisted. While walking, he asked me something that made me think hard.


" Jin Hae, what do you think about me?" he asked. I didn't know if he was referring to his performance or him being a friend.


"You're cool. I didn't know you can do flips like that" I said.


He smiled. " No I mean , what do you think of me as a person, as a friend." he cleared


"Uhm," I thought hard. I doj't want to say anything wrong."You make me feel normal. No one has aver asked me to hang out with them after I tell them that I have this situation. But you made me feel like this is just a simple problem." I told him. He seemed happy with my answer.


"I think you're also cool. And exciting." he said. "Exciting?" I asked him, confused.


"I don't know how will you be everyday, if you're going to be the bubbly Jin Jae, or will you be the scared Jin Hae. It excites me."


I don't know why, but I blushed."Thank you." I said.


"Because I told you you're exciting? It's true." he said,smiling "No, because you invited me to watch you peform."


"That's nothing, I like you." he told me.


That caught me off guard. "I mean I like you to be my friend." he said. I nodded in relief.


My house came to sight, as well as my brother, who doesn't seem to be happy seeing me with a guy.


"I'm here." I told Mark. He looked at our house, seeing the not-so-happy Jong Up. "Okay, and that must be your brother." He said, a bit taken back by Jong Up's facial expression.


"See you tomorrow then." we waved at each other. When I entered the gate, my brother aproached me. "Who is that?"


"Oppa, that's my new classmate. His name is Mark." I told him.


"A foreigner?" he asked."Yeah, he's from the states." I said as I opened the door.


"Junhong's here." Oppa said. I froze. I saw Junhong sitting on the couch. He waved at me "Hi Jinnie!". Gosh. I just bowed and ran upstairs.


Yeah. Junhong is my childhood crush, and yeah, I still like him now.


The three of us had dinner together. They were talking about how they should do their choreography, yes , they're dancers. SKILLFUL DANCERS.


Suddenly... "Who's that guy again, Jin Hae? The one who you were walking home with?" Oppa asked. "You were with a guy Jin Hae?" Junhong said. "Uh, he's Mark, the new student. He dances too." I said hoping that they will stop giving me the suspicious look when they know Mark shares the same passion as them


"I bet I'm still better than him." Junhong said, with a little hint of jealousy. That made my day