Chapter 8: The Fall

Me and my Prince-ss?

The sun was shining on Pie's eyes and it woke her up. She yawned and stretched her arms. She looked out the window and saw a carriage and the Kim's party. Pie became very excited because she knew Kim was home. She hurriedly went to her bathroom to take a quick bath. On the palace courtyard, Yam helped Kim go down from the carriage. The royal physicians immediately took care of her while Yam followed her to her room but the physicians asked her to wait outside. “Where is Prince Kim?” Pie asked the servant. “Princess Pie! Come quickly, Prince Kim is injured!” Jane called Pie and pulled her hand. Pie was very worried about Kim and wondered what happened to her. She, Jane and Puey were running towards Kim's room but when they reached the hallway near her room, they started to walk calmly again. Pie was in front while Jane and Puey followed her. As they close in on Kim's room, Pie saw a young woman standing in front of the door with the royal guards. Pie wondered who she was. Her clothes were a bit dirty and has a bit of blood stains. When they reached the door, the guards bowed and so did Yam, then Pie asked the guard: “Where is Prince Kim? What happened to him?” Pie was very calm on the outside but her heart was trembling in fear. “Your Highness. Prince Kim is inside his room being treated by the royal physicians. As of now, we have no information about the incident. The other soldiers are being treated as well.” The guard answered. “Can I see him now?” Pie asked. The guard knocked on the door and asked the physician's permission to allow Pie inside the room. Yam's gaze suddenly focused on Pie. She was hesitant to speak about what happened to Kim. She then wondered, if Pie knew that Kim is a girl. “So, this is Kim's future bride. She is beautiful.” Yam felt a weak pain in her heart. Pie noticed Yam's gaze, she was a bit annoyed but she didn't pay much attention. “Who's this girl? What is she doing here? Was she with Kim when she got injured? And why is she dirty?” Pie thought to herself. The physician said yes. The doors were opened, Pie asked Jane and Puey to wait outside. When Pie was inside, Yam was about to follow but the guards stopped her. Pie saw this and it made her more annoyed. The doors were closed. “Please leave us.” Kim said to the physicians. “What happened to you?” Pie asked as she sat down on the side of Kim's bed. She placed her hand of Kim's forehead. “You know what, don't answer that. Just rest for now.” Kim smiled at Pie and all of the pain of her injuries seem to fade away. “Did you receive the flowers?” Kim asked. “Yes. You overdid it Mountain Prince. If you think that will earn my secret then you're so wrong. Hehe..” Pie giggled. “Then how? How can I earn it? What can I do that hundreds of men haven't done before. Could you at least give me a clue?” Kim asked Pie. “I think you know very well Kim.” Pie gave Kim the sweetest smile that she could give. Kim's cheeks turned red and her heart was about to explode. She then sat up. She placed her hand on Pie's face, caressed it then pulled her closer and then she kissed her cheeks and this made Pie turn red. “Yes, I think I know now.” Kim whispered to Pie's ear. They were both speechless for a few seconds then a knock broke off the silence.

 

Your Highness, Prince Kim. His grace is here for you.” The guard announced. Kim lets go of Pie's cheek and laid her back on the headboard while Pie composes herself and stood up. “Please come in.” Kim said. The doors opened and her father the king entered. Pie bowed to him and he bowed back. He was very happy to see that Pie and Kim are getting along well. He then asked Kim: “What happened son? Who did this to you?” “Aroka Jivas father. I know it may sound crazy but it's them. I have proof.” She took out and arrow from her bag and gave it to her father. Pie was curious about this Aroka Jiva, she has never heard of them before. “This is impossible. The Dark Necromancers have been extinct for 200 years. Our ancestors made sure of that.” King Anapan was afraid and Pie noticed this. “I know father. But we must act quickly about this. We are not sure about how many Dark Necromancers are alive and what is the extent of their territory.” Kim replied. “You're right son. I will order an investigation. We will deal with this thoroughly. You rest here, don't worry about anything for now. You did very well my son. I'm glad you're safe.” The king said to Kim then he turned his attention to Pie: “My dear Princess Pie, I'm very grateful that you are here now. I've never seen my son so happy. He's a good person, please take care of him.” “Yes your grace.” Pie answered kindly. The king walked towards the door and Pie sat on Kim's bedside again. She started to caress her forehead and hums a lullaby as Kim rests her eyes. When the door opened, Yam saw what was transpiring inside Kim's room. She felt a bit pain in her heart as she slowly walks away. Jane dragged Puey and followed her and tried to lead her to a vacant room. “I know how you feel. Come with me, let's clean you up. I'm Jane of the House Ira of Vithara. I'm Princess Pie's cousin and this is Puey of the House Empra.” Yam was a bit surprised because Vitharians were her enemies about a year ago and now they're helping to cheer her up. “I'm Yam of the House Prema. Nice to meet you Jane and Puey.” They finally found a nice vacant room, they asked the servants to prepare a bath and fresh clothes for Yam. “Yam, you can rest here. This is your room now. Me and Puey will hellp Pie with something alright? We'll meet you in the dining area later. See you!” Jane said to Yam as she left the room. The bath was ready, Yam took off all her clothes and soaked herself in the warm water.

 

Kim fell asleep with Pie's caressing and lullaby. Pie then reached for Kim's cheek and kissed it. “This is payback Mountain Prince.” She left the room and went to the kitchen to cook food for Kim. Her cheeks were bright red and her stomach seemed like its filled with butterflies. “Just a little bit more Kim, you're about to earn... my heart.” Thus, the Fall starts..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------Brief Background about the Dark Necromancers and the Aroka Jivas

 

Dark Necromancers are the evil wizards that almost took over the Kingdom of Dhiratva more than 200 years ago. They practice dark magic and human sacrifice. They take the most beautiful women in any village they can find and they plant their seeds in them, thus, people believe that Dark Necromancers are very attractive.They are also believed to be immortals. When they try to take over Dhiratva with their army of Aroka Jivas, King Marius I hunted down their kind, even the women and children to end their threat. This was never written in any Dhiratvanian history books, all that was written was he that he defeated a threat from the Barbarians from the south. The true history was only passed down to the next king, should another Dark Necromancer threat emerge, the current king will be armed with this information.

 

Aroka Jivas or Darkened Souls are the Dark Necromancer's army. They were humans, mostly soldiers and warriors that died horrible deaths and were not able to move on. The Dark Necromancers corrupt their souls by giving them a “contract”. They may live again, their judgment will be postponed until their bodies are destroyed. When the deal is done, they live as normal humans for a few years then as time passes, their skin becomes charcoal black, and they can no longer control themselves. They are slaves by the necromancers and their soul is now bound to the necromancer who gave them the “contract”. This makes a necromancer almost immortal.