Chapter 18: Revelations

Me and my Prince-ss?

Kim! What the hell are you doing? This is suicide! You're doing the exact same thing uncle did and look where he is now.” Zee thundered at Kim right after the war council, he was shocked that Kim would do something as rash as this. “Lord Zee, you seem to forget who you are talking to. If you wish to withdraw from this mission, then go.” Kim replies coldly as she went to the King's Tower. Zee then starts too look for Pie to knock some sense into his cousin but she is nowhere to be found. She then came across Yam. “Yam, have you seen Pie, I mean the Queen?” Zee was panting and sweating. “No, I'm sorry. What's wrong?” Yam asked, she was worried. “It's Kim, she's going to get herself killed like her father. She ordered a purge.” Zee starts to look for Pie again. Yam was very worried, she thought that Kim might be after her too, then suddenly, a voice whispered to her “Help my daughter Yam...” she turned her head but saw no one.Then she went to the crypts, she looked for King Anapan's armor. She sat down and closed her eyes, in a few minutes, she was in the world between the living and the dead. The place looks the same yet darker, and souls are lurking around. She then saw King Anapan sitting across her, looking straight to her eyes. Yam was frightened, but then the soul speaks “Yam, I never thought I would ask help from a necromancer. But my ancestors here say that you are good and you mean no one harm.” Yam's fear slowly disappears. “Yam, please help Kim. Please convince her to stay within the Wall. It's a trap. It was Van who killed me, not his brother. And now he used poor Pie against my daughter.” King Anapan's voice was filled with great sadness. “But your grace, I'm not sure if she will listen to me. She doesn't trust me.” Yam replied. “She must, for the sake of our kingdoms and our loved ones. I must go, my time here has ended. Please, help her.” King Anapan's voice slowly vanishes.

Yam opened her eyes and started to look for Kim. A voice whispered to her King's Tower then she ran towards it. The guards knocked the door to ask Kim for her permission. “Your Grace, it's Lady Yam.” “Send her in.” The guards then opened the double doors and let Yam in.

Kim: “You must have heard, don't worry, no harm will come to you or your family.” Kim said coldly as she cleans her hands with wet cloth.

Yam: “Thank you Your Grace, but I did not come here for that. I spoke with your father.” Yam said nervously.

Kim: “You what?” Kim said in disbelief. “You used your magic on my father?” Kim suddenly walks towards Yam and looked down on her.

Yam: “Your Grace, Kim, you know I would never do that. I am your friend. It was him who contacted me, he asked me to help you, to give you his counsel.” Yam was shaking.

Kim: “What counsel?” Kim backed a bit and offered Yam a chair. They both sat down.

Yam: “Kim, it's Van. He's the necromancer we're looking for and he's using Pie against you. He's threatening her.”

Kim: “Van?! I knew it. Pie, gods, I am so stupid.” She closed her fists and shook her head. “Thanks Yam.” Kim hugged Yam tight and Yam wrapped her arms on Kim and closed her eyes. She felt comfort and satisfaction in Kim's hug. “Let's go, I need your help.” Kim whispered her plan to Yam and then she ordered her guard to call for Zee. “Your Grace.” Zee bowed sarcastically then Kim pulled Zee up. “Hey cousin, I'm sorry, and I need your help.” Zee smiles and wrapped his arm around Kim then he noticed Yam, Zee smiled at her and she smiled back. “It's best we keep this to ourselves, I just learned that we have enemies in the castle.” Kim whispers, the two nodded then Kim starts to tell them their plan. Later that evening, Kim called for another war council and she demanded Van's presence. Van, still believing that his true identity is unknown, came to the war council. “General Van, thank you for gracing us with your presence.” Kim said coldly, as if still in pain after what she saw. “After the death of the Black Knight and the victory at the Wall, we believe that their forces are weakened and it's time to strike. Thus, I have ordered a purge, our armies will march out and search for the rest of the Dark Necromancers and the darklings.” Good, an open battle. That's it Kim. Van thought to himself. “General Van, you will be left in charge with the security of the Queen and the Vitharian Royalties, my own royal guards will assist you while I'm gone.” Kim added. “Thank you, Your Grace.” Van smiled, he smells victory already. Then Kim instructed her generals to be prepared by the fortnight, by then they would march out. Meanwhile, Yam spoke with the lurking spirits within the palace to search for Pie, then she found her in the archery training grounds, firing some arrows. “My Queen.” Yam curtsies then secretly hands her a note. Yam looked at Pie straight in the eyes and Pie was confused, yet she was getting some idea on what the note was about. Yam left and Pie went to her room and opened the note. “The full moon sent the dragon spiraling down to earth.” At first Pie did not understand the note then she read it again. Then her eyes widened, she smiled and burned the note.

 

It was midnight, the full moon was highest in the sky. Pie snuck out of her room to the Waterfall Bridge where Kim took her, she looked around and found no one in sight, she then pushed the stone door behind the vines and took a torch and walked down the spiral staircase. At the end of the stairs, Kim was waiting for her, together with Yam, Zee, her mother, Jane and Puey. Kim walks towards Pie and hugged her, “I'm sorry, I was blinded, I should have known better.” Pie was teary eyed hugged Kim back. “You're so stupid. How could you ever think that I'd betray you and leave you for someone else.” Pie punched Kim softly and tightened her arms around Kim, while the others watch with confusion. “Ehem, sorry King and Queen of hearts but there's an important matter that needs to be discussed.” Zee said as he grinned at the two. “Oh, Kim! It's Van!” Pie yelled, Jane, Puey and her mother were all shocked. “Yes, Pie, I know. Right now we should make him think that everything is going the way he wants to. He wants to draw out all of Dhiratva's army and me, where he has the advantage. He wouldn't kill me inside my own castle, he's too proud for that. He wants an audience, he wants my men to see me fall, he wants them to see who I really am.” Kim held Pie's hand and looked at her, she looked back at Kim and she smiled, she nodded in approval. “Your Grace, Jane and Puey, I think of you as my family and I want you to know this from me, not from anyone else.” The three looked at each other in confusion. “I am.. I am a woman.” Pie's mother gasped while Jane and Puey looked at each other in disbelief. “Your Grace, I know how this looks to you but I do love your daughter and I honor our peace treaty, I will tell your husband the king as soon as he comes back. I'm sorry for deceiving you, I am ready for the consequences and I will accept them but please do not break the peace treaty.” Kim kneels before the queen and lowered her head, the queen's hand grasped hard at Kim's hair and Pie held her mother's hand. “Kim stand up.” Pie's mother said. “We've always known Kim, before the wedding, your father told us. At first we were furious and Arkom wants to back out from the wedding but then we saw the two of you. We've never seen Pie so happy and you Kim, you are more worthy than any man that has asked for my daughter's hand. I admire your strength and courage, and I believe that you will love and take care of my daughter. Please don't prove me wrong.” Kim and Pie smiled, then Pie leaped and hugged her mother. “Vithara will support you in this war, you are the king.” Pie's mother pats Kim's shoulders. Kim smiled and nodded. “Alright, since it's all out, we should..” Kim was interrupted by Pie, “Hey, how come Yam's not surprised?” Pie narrowed her eyes on Kim. “Well, she sort of knew it, but by accident Pie. I swear.” Kim nervously explains to Pie. “It's true, I overheard it from her physicians back in the Bleeding Woods.” Yam was nervous as well. “Alright, I believe you. By the way Yam, thank you. I owe you.” Pie smiles at Yam and Yam smiles and nodded. Kim breathes in relief and continues “Our first concern is your safety, we shouldn't let Van turn you into hostages, Zee, this is your task..” Kim explains Zee's job, then turns to Yam “Yam, the Black Knight, the boy that I killed, he's not immortal, isn't he?” Pie's eyes widened on Kim. “I'll explain later Pie.” Kim holds Pie's hand. “Yes, he's not. I think Van is immortal though, and we'll need to free all the souls he corrupted to make him mortal again.” Yam explained. “Can you do it?” Zee asked. “Yes, I can. But I'll need extreme concentration, and someone will need to look after my body when I go in the mid-world.” Yam explains. “We can do that.” Jane and Puey answered. “Are you sure?” Kim asked. “We're Vitharians, we're also trained in combat like Pie.” Jane proudly explains. “Then we're set. Just act normal and be careful, I'll take care of the rest, and Van.” Kim said and the rest start to ascend the spiral staircase, while Pie pulled Kim's hand and asked her to stay for a while. “What is it Pie?” Kim asked, then Pie hugged Kim tight. “I missed you, I thought I lost you.” Pie's eyes were filled with tears as Kim hugged her back. “I'm sorry Pie, it was stupid of me. You'll never lose me, I will not let it happen again.” Pie then caressed Pie's cheeks and slowly placed her lips on Pie's, they then closed their eyes and kissed passionately. The fire on the torch burns slowly and warmly, a warmth that melts all lies and deceit, pain and anger, and a light that guides two souls to find each other.