Chapter 2: But she's a girl..

Me and my Prince-ss?

Three days have passed. The Vitharian royal party was closing in on the gates of Pitha. Blue and white Turtle banners were floating on top of the marching soldiers. The Turtle was the sigil of the Vitharian royal family. In the middle of the marching party was a silver carriage that carried Princess Pie and her friends Jane and Puey. In front of the carriage was a white horse ridden by King Arkom. The city of Pitha was also flowing with banners as well. A combination of blue and white turtle banners with red and gold dragon banners were waving the the guests and the hosts. The party finally arrived and King Anapan welcomed the Vitharians. Pie, together with Jane and Puey decided to explore the city.

I heard that Prince Kim is very handsome! They say that he has very fair skin and jet black hair and a pair of brown eyes to match. Oh, he's so dreamy...” Jane said as she leans onto Pie.

Dreamy? He's a jerk I tell you. Mr. High and Mighty from his mountain palace. If it was not for father I would automatically said no to him!” Pie angrily answered. “What makes you say that? You haven't even met him. For all we know he could be sweet and really charming” Puey answered Pie. “Hey, if you don't like him, can I have him instead? I'm your cousin so technically we're still joining our families together.” Jane said enthusiastically. “You're right! Let's tell father that!” Pie hurriedly grabbed Puey and Jane's arms. “Uh uh Pie. Kim is THE prince of his kingdom and Jane is the COUSIN of the princess of our kingdom. It will not be fair to pair him with her. No offense Jane. Hehe..” Puey said to Pie as he covers her lips with his finger. “None taken.” Jane sarcastically answered. Pie frowned for she knows she cannot escape this marriage. She has always dreamed of marrying someone she really loves, someone who can make her laugh and someone that can understand her.But all these dreams will never become real for she was about to marry some mountain prince. Pie suddenly realized that she was separated from Jane and Puey and the royal guards. She saw this as an opportunity to escape so she sneaked out of the back gate and into the woods.

 

You're so lucky Kim! Princess Pie is said to be the most beautiful woman in the world. Picture this, the world's most beautiful woman as you're wife.. Jeez Kim I'd really love to be you right now.” Zee shouted in joy and excitement as Kim sits still sharpening her sword. “Lucky eh? She'll find out about my true identity sooner or later in our marriage. And what happens after that? Jeez, right now I'm really worried about that”.” Kim answered. “What's that?” Zee curiously asked. “You know, the wedding night when we...” Kim did not finish the sentence.”Oh, that. You're right. Maybe you could just pretend you're drunk or so. Besides, we still have more than a month to figure that out. Hey, where are you going?” Zee asked as Kim mounts her horse.

Kim: “I'm going in the woods. Maybe a little bit of hunting will help me clear my mind.”

Zee: “Want me to come with you?”

Kim: “Nah, I just need some time alone. I'll be fine.”

Zee: “What will I tell your father? Our guests have arrived. They will be expecting us soon, especially you.”

Kim: “I won't be long. I'll be back before it's dark.” Kim rode off to back gates of the city.

 

Pie: “Pie, you're not lost. If the books that were right, you're near the Dragon river. From there you can hitch a ride back to Vithara. But if they're right, there would be wolves here! Eeep!” As she reached the river, she heard a howl from afar. “This is a punishment from the gods, I'm sorry father! I will go back now. I will fulfill my duty and promise.” Pie decided to turn back but a pack of wolves were already surrounding her. She backed up slowly but she was cornered by river. “This is it.” She thought to herself. She closed her eyes as she heard a the wolf's growl. Suddenly, she could hear a horse's footsteps coming closer. “Watch out!” Shouted the man on the horse as he tries to scare off the wolves. Pie opened her eyes and saw this handsome young man wearing a black fur. It was Kim. She was amazed but at the same time, still fearful. The rest of the wolves were gone except for the largest one. It was the alpha male. It tried to bite the horse but it stood up causing Kim to fall from it. The horse ran away leaving Kim on her back. She took off her fur coat and draw out her sword. She signaled Pie to go behind the tree as she lures the wolf to the raging river. The wolf sprang from the ground as Kim evades its pounces. Pie quietly walked towards the tree but accidentally steps on a branch. The wolf turned its attention to Pie and sprints towards her. Pie in fear, backed up and fell into the river. Kim ran towards the river and jumped after Pie. The raging river's current was so strong that no matter how good of a swimmer Pie was, she was no match for it. She was slowly losing consciousness but Kim was able to catch up with her. She carefully carried Pie on the shore but she was already unconscious. Kim opened Pie's lips with her fingers and placed her lips on Pie's mouth and blew. She pumped Pie's chest and continues to blow in . “Come on!” Kim shouted as she continuously try to revive Pie. For the last time, Kim tries to blow on Pie's mouth. She puts her lips on Pie's mouth and then suddenly, Pie woke up and coughed. “What are you trying to do?!” Pie shouted as she thought Kim was trying to kiss her. “I was trying to breathe air into your body. You drowned.” Kim answered. Pie was very reluctant then suddenly, Kim ached in pain. She was wounded in the chest. She did not realize that the wolf was able to scratch her as she tried to run towards Pie. “You're bleeding!” Pie was shocked and rushed towards Kim. “It's fine, I can handle this.” Kim tries to ward off Pie for she might find out she's not a man. “No, let me take a look at it!” Pie insisted and grabbed Kim's clothes. Pie: “Eh? You're a..” Kim's eyes widen as her clothes were teared off on Pie's grasp. Kim grabbed her fur coat and covered her body. She whistled for her horse. Pie was still in disbelief because she taught that Kim was a man. Kim fell down as her wound bleeds. Pie rushed to help her. “My horse is coming. Please, when we get back to the city don't tell anyone I'm a girl. I beg of you.” Kim pleaded. Her horse came back. They mounted on it rode back to the city. As they approached the city gates, a young man noticed them and hurriedly took them in the palace stables. It was Zee, Kim's cousin. “What the hell happened?” Zee asked. “Hurry, let's go inside before anyone sees us. You, there! Come with me.” Zee said to Pie. As they reached the castle, nurses and maids were hysterical. “The prince is injured!” One maid shouted. “Prince? She's a prince? But she's a girl.” Pie was confused. As the nurses took care of Kim, Zee approached Pie and handed fresh clothes and towel to her. “Girl, what is your name?” Zee asked Pie but she did not answer. She knew something was out of place ad she's starting to figure out what. “Listen, I will pay you handsomely for your silence. I know that it may seem impossible but it is true. Prince Kim is a girl.” Pie's eyes widened in disbelief and now she was not sure if she should talk. “She is my future husband? The mountain prince is a girl!” She thoughtt to herself. Zee was still waiting for Pie to answer when suddenly a voice called onto Pie. “Princess Pie! Thank goodness you're alright. We were so worried.” It was Jane and Puey. Zee felt chills as he realized who Pie was. Zee gave Pie a begging look as Jane and Puey approached her. “She is alright. She got lost and Prince Kim found her.” Zee explained to them. Pie understood what Zee's look meant. She went with Jane and Puey to prepare for the evening feast. Pie was still in shock after what happened but what shocked her the most was that her future husband is a girl.