Chapter 24: Fortune

Me and my Prince-ss?

The journey to Vithara was smooth and swift. The gods have granted them strong winds and calm tides in the morning, while cloudless skies and calm waters in the night. Finally, the ship is within Vitharian borders, the kingdom's capital Turtle Island emerges from the horizon. Its shores are protected by tall white walls and warships circling the island, inside the walls rose the two hills that served as the turtle's shell and head, the city proper on the larger hill and the royal family's castle on the smaller hill. Seagulls coo on the fishing village on the shores as fishermen move their boats as their ship closes in. The port was on the east part of the island, a tall lighthouse stood sentry on the cliff. When their ship docks, a welcome party met them on the docking area. It was the first time a Dragon King sets foot in Vithariain soil, Kim was very nervous. “Welcome Your Graces, my lords and my ladies. Please, your carriage is waiting to take you the palace. The King has prepared a feast and a tourney in honor of your arrival.” Kim assisted Pie on their carriage, as custom, the King and Queen will not share a carriage with anyone so the others rode on the carriage provided for them. The horses start to move, the road ascended from the beach port to the city proper. As they enter the city gates, Pie pointed out. “Look Kim, those are the old kings and queens of Vithara, there's thousands of them surrounding the island.” Pie pointed out the white statues that stood sentry on the city steps, Kim marveled at the statues and the beauty of the city. Everything was new to her, she had never thought Vithara will be this beautiful. As they passed the city proper, green fields surrounded the road and at the end of that road, stood white walls with the blue and white Vitharian banner proudly flowing. Finally, they arrived. The King and Queen were there to greet them. “Pie, Kim! Welcome!” The King and Queen hugged them both. “Lord Zee, Lady Yam, we're honored to have you as guests here as well.” The King added. “Your Grace, we have great news. It's best we head inside.” Kim said to the King. Jane, Puey, Zee and Yam all looked puzzled. Kim and Pie have been acting odd lately, they were happier than usual but were acting as if they kept a secret.

 

The palace was made with white marbles and tall glass windows, allowing the sun to shine in the halls. The throne room was the most amazing spectacle Kim, Yam and Zee saw, the throne was made with marble as well, the arm rests were carved turtles but what amazed them most is the water pillars that surround the hall.

Then they arrived at the dining room, they all sat down and Kim is looking at Pie with much excitement. “Seriously, what is with you two lately?” Zee asked. Then all of them looked at Pie and Kim for an answer. “I'm pregnant.” Pie answered with much happiness and excitement in her face. All of them gasped, the King and Queen hugged Pie and Kim very tight while the others congratulated them. The palace lit up with everyone's happiness. “You sly dog, why didn't you tell me?” Zee wrapped his arm around Kim. “It was a surprise for all of you, hehe.” Kim chuckled. They spent the whole day talking about the Pie's pregnancy and baby names. Then evening came, Pie and Kim were alone. Pie opened the window to let the cool breeze in, Kim carefully caresses Pie's belly and rests her chin Pie's shoulder. “I'm so happy Pie.” Kim whispered as she kissed Pie's cheeks. Pie turned her slightly turned her head and grabbed Kim's cheek then kissed her on the lips. They both stared at the heavens, thanking every god out there for gracing them with this gift. Then Kim cupped her hands around and shouted. “I'm going to be a faaaaatherrrrrr!!!!!” Pie laughed at Kim as she watched her shout.

 

I can't believe Pie is pregnant. I'm so happy for them.” Zee spoke as he leans on the veranda, Yam was with him, sitting on the chair. “I think both of them will be good parents.” Yam replied. “I'm going to be an uncle!” Zee exclaimed. “Silly, Zee.” Yam giggled. The next day, the tourney King Arkom have prepared for them started. Knights and highborns from all corners of Vithara came to pay join in the tourney, which was in honor of Pie's return and the Dhiratvanian visitors. The first event was the jousting, Kim and Zee enjoyed it very much, it was their first time to watch a tourney. The next event was melee, all participants were very skilled, Kim recalled some of them to be captains during the war. Kim and Zee looked at each other and felt a bit of discomfort, they remembered the times when they were at war with Vithara. Pie noticed Kim's sudden change of mood. “Love, they are here to honor us. You and Zee should relax, they are no longer your enemies. What happened in the past should stay in the past.” Pie held Kim's hand, Kim felt relieved. The tourney went on for two days, King Arkom announced Pie's pregnancy and most of the lords and highborns promised to swear fealty to the unborn child, who will become the heir to both the Vitharian and Dhiratvanian thrones. Kim was happy to see that many Vitharians accepted their unborn child.

 

After the tourney they all took a day's rest and the next day, the group toured the island, Pie took them to the underground river that leads to the hidden falls where they visited as children. The water was clear and cool, Zee, Yam, Jane and Puey decided to jump from a cliff while Kim and Pie watched them take a fifteen feet leap of faith. They all splashed water all over and they laughed as soon as they came to the surface. Pie sat on a rock and Kim sat beside her. “Let's go back here as soon as our child is born, I'm sure he or she will love it.” Kim placed her hand on Pie's belly and rubbed it gently. “Kim, have you given any thought to what we will name our child?” Pie asked Kim. “I've thought about it but I have not decided yet. I want it to be perfect.” Kim replied. They all enjoyed the cool water and the tropical breeze of the island, and when night came, they sat around a bonfire on the beach. The next few days, they continued touring the island, visiting the ruins of the first human settlement. It was a protected area, Vitharians value their history and culture very much. The ruins were old stone houses built under a cliff, most of them are still intact as Vitharians take care of them. Kim is amazed with Vithara's laws and governance, as well as the way they value education and culture. They stayed in the Turtle Island for a month, then they decided to return to Dhiratva.

 

After a week of travel, they finally arrived in Mount Akhmi. Kim spilled the good news on Aunt In and Duke Keenan. “Oh, my little trouble maker now has her own trouble maker as well.” Aunt In said to Kim as she hugged her and Pie, Aunt In was teary eyed. Kim helped Pie to their room and hugged her tight from behind, then she starts to kiss Pie's neck and her hands cupped Pie's s, making her moan. “Kim... The baby.” Kim was startled and she backed up quickly. “I'm sorry, you're right. We should be careful. Sorry Pie.” Pie hugged Kim and kissed her lips gently, then she rests her head on Kim's chest. “Pie, I've learned a lot during our trip in the Turtle Island. I want to apply some of the governing tactics that Vithara uses here in Dhiratva, and in that way, I can have more time with you and the baby.” Pie looked at Kim, she was proud of her. “Come here my sweet king.” Pie grabbed Kim and kissed her passionately, they lied on their bed. Kim was on her back while Pie was on top, they kept kissing like the young teenagers that they are, yet in their world, they are women grown.

 

Kim focused the next few months extending the kings road to Vithara and creating her Royal Council. This council consisted of Master of Treasury, Master of Security, Master of Health, Master of Whispers and Master of Geography. Kim is still in the process of carefully choosing the right people who will inherit the responsibilities and power of their respective office. Time flies like a swift breeze, Pie's birthday was coming up. She is more beautiful and glowing, and her belly is starting to show and Kim cannot take her eyes of her wife. As for Zee, he has finally won Yam's heart through his singing, just like Kim told him. Kim asked Zee to help her prepare a birthday surprise for Pie. They hired the best craftsmen and landscaper in the kingdom to make Pie's gift. Kim and Zee tried their best to hide the gift, while Yam and Jane distracts her with Puey's design of the crib and baby toys and clothes. A wind of excitement is constantly blowing in the palace as Kim and Pie wait for the birth of their child.