Chapter 1: War is Over!

Me and my Prince-ss?

Dhiratva and Vithara have been at war for almost a hundred years. The raging war has swept across the land and left every city and every town drenched in blood and in poverty. Growing weary of the war and its consequences, the kings of both kingdoms have decided to sign a treaty of peace. They arranged a meeting and a feast in the city that connects their two kingdoms, the city of Pitha.

 

The evening feast:

 

King Arkom: “My lord, King Anapan, our ancestors may curse us because of what we are doing now but I believe it the wisest decision any one has made in the last 95 years.”

King Anapan: “ I believe so too, your grace. I'm tired of seeing families being torn apart because of war. I'm really glad that my son and the sons of my countrymen will feel peace.”

The two kings smiled and drank their wine as their men enjoy the feast.

King Arkom: “By the way, where is your son? I did not see him in the feast”

King Anapan: “He is in the woods, hunting with his cousin Zee. I apologize for his absence.”

King Arkom chuckled as he placed his goblet on the table.

King Arkom: “That is alright your grace, boys will be boys. Speaking of which, I believe that son yours is a the same age as my daughter. He is 18 right?”

King Anapan suddenly felt a chill in his spine for he knows what King Arkom in trying to point out. He was dreadful that his most kept secret will soon be unveiled. But he cannot refuse King Arkom for it may break the newly forged trust and peace that he has worked for so long.

King Anapan: “Y-y-yes, Kim is 18 now.” He answered nervously as he sipped wine from his goblet.

King Arkom: “Forgive me for my boldness, but I believe that a marriage between our children will strengthen the bond of our new found friendship. It can also symbolize the unity of not just our kingdoms, but also our families. The people could also use an event as grand as this after all the hardships that they've been through.” King Arkom explained. “Besides, I know your son is an honorable man. He gave my wounded soldiers care and helped them bury their dead. I know that he will take good care of my daughter.” King Anapan was still silent and kept finding the right excuse to refuse the marriage but no matter what he thought, he know it will be useless. “And I have heard that your son is quite a lady's man. Very handsome from what I heard from the ladies of the court.” King Arkom smiled and put his hand on King Anapan's shoulder. “Indeed. Kim is very handsome and all the ladies of the court have fallen head over heels for him.” King Anapan joked. He knew his resistance was useless so he gave in. “Well then, a marriage we shall have!” King Arkom exclaimed as he raises his goblet. “A marriage it is!” King Anapan exclaimed as he toasted King Arkom's goblet. They decided that the wedding will be held in next full moon, about 2 months from now.

 

The city of Pitha, the morning after the feast:

 

Are you insane father?! We both know that I'm a girl! I may like girls and might as well be a boy, but that does not mean I can marry one! What if they found out about me? This will cause distrust between you and King Arkom and the peace treaty will be useless.” Kim exclaimed as she looked out the window. “I know son, but declining the marriage will also cause uncertainty. I'm very sorry my son, but we have no choice. Pie is a beautiful and sweet girl. You will like her. Who knows, she may even accept you for who you really are.” King Anapan explained. “I'm sure she is father, but that does not mean that she can accept me.” Kim said to herself.

 

 

 

The kingdom of Vithara, 3 days after the feast.

A marriage?! Father I have declined hundreds of suitors, both kings and princes from all parts of the world and now you hand me to the prince our sworn enemies? I don't even know him and I'm sure I will hate him!” Pie roared onto her father. “Pie, my sweet daughter, I know this is hard for you and it's hard for me too. But it is a sacrifice that we must make. The joining of our two great houses will cement peace in the land for there will be no more reason to go to war.” King Arkom explained. Pie understood what her father meant but she was afraid of this prince that was once their sworn enemy. She hugged her father and whispered “Alright, I will do it. I know you will never ask me this if it was not important.” “Thank you sweet heart. Kim is an honorable man and he is very handsome too from what I've heard from the ladies of the court. He is a fit husband for a beautiful and intelligent bride like you.” King Arkom joked as he kiss Pie's cheek.

King Arkom: “ We will travel for the city of Pitha tomorrow at dawn, we will meet your future husband there. Please be prepared.” “Yes father.” Pie answered.

 

It was dawn and the entire royal party was preparing for their departure. It will take 3 days to travel from their palace to the city of Pitha. Pie was very nervous and sad.Fortunately, her cousin Jane and friend Puey came to accompany her. They all boarded the ship, and the sails were released. Pie's journey has just begun.

 

---Brief description about the places:

 

Dhiratva is a kingdom that is surrounded by mountains. The royal family's castle is located at top of Mount Akhmi. It was a strategic location for that mountain range was the wall of their kingdom and their castle serves as the watch tower and the gate. All will pass trough there before they can enter the kingdom.

 

Vithara is a kingdom by the sea. Their royal family's castle is located in the Turtle Island. It is an island large enough to be a small city and at the center of it was the castle. The entire island is a floating fortress, walled on every side. Its shores are guarded by an armada of Vitharian Sailors.

 

 

The city of Pitha was in the middle of the kingdoms Dhiratva and Vithara. It was inside the borders of Dhiratva but close enough to the borders of Vithara. Months before the signing of the peace treaty, the kings have decided to make Pitha a center of trade between the two kingdoms.