Chapter 25: The Sunset

Me and my Prince-ss?

The red leaves of autumn were blown away by the winds of spring. The grasses and trees have grown, flowers starts to bloom, the fragrant smell of these blooming greenery filled the palace halls. The servants were busy preparing a feast for their queen's nineteenth birthday, visitors from all over the continent were arriving filling up the inns and brothels. The Dragon City was alive, the news of the queens pregnancy spreads like wildfire, it has been the talk of the town since even before it was officially announced. The palace chefs cooked different courses of meals, seafood course, vegetable course, meat course and then dessert course. One specific dessert was prepared by Kim herself, but it will only be revealed until it was time. Pie was very excited because she knew Kim was planning a surprise for her, Kim tried her best to hide it but Pie knew better. By this time, Pie's belly is grown, Kim is always speaking to their baby and touching it, like introducing herself. Pie was very happy, everyone she loves is under one roof again.

 

Evening came, the guests have filled the halls of the palace. Music and chatter were almost mashing up, young ladies giggle at the sight of knights and young lords, the palace chandeliers lit up like small indoor suns. It is a grand feast, Kim made sure of that. The royal family sat two steps higher than the floor while the lords and wardens sat below them. After eating the main courses, dessert finally arrived. The servants carried a two-tier chocolate cake. The top and sides of the round cake were decorated with sweet strawberries and wrapped in chocolate icing. Pie's mouth watered as she saw her favorite cake. “Pastry made by His Grace, the King for the Queen.” One servant announced, everyone startled to mumble and all wanted to try a cake made by the king himself. Pie looked at Kim and smiled sweetly. “Thank you, you're so sweet Kim.” Pie gave Kim a quick kiss on the cheek. The servant gave large portion slices to Pie and Kim first, then to the rest of the royal family, the lords and wardens after them. The guests were given slices as well. They all enjoyed the sweet pastry and everyone is full. Finally, it was time to offer their gifts to the queen. Pie received tons of jewelries, silk dresses and books. She all loved them, but she was still waiting for Kim's gift. She found Kim speaking to a woman on the veranda, she was starting to feel annoyed because Kim didn't give her a gift and now she's talking to someone else. After the feast, the servants started to serve ale for the men and sweetened wine for the women. The men went outside to drink and to chat while the women stayed indoors for their own chatter as well. Kim was still speaking to the woman on the veranda, Pie was really upset now. She was about to go to their room when Yam called her. “Your Grace, please stay. We'd like to speak to you about something.” Pie entertained Yam's request and sat with her and Jane and her mother.

 

Your Grace, it's done. You may go there in five minutes, the workers are just cleaning up.” “Alright, it was a close call. Thank you!” “Please send my regards to the queen and Lord Zee.” Kim nodded and ran inside to Pie. She was catching her breath when she arrived, Pie narrowed her eyes on Kim. Kim knew what Pie is thinking. “Pie, it's time to show my gift.” Kim offered her hand to Pie and they walked. Kim lead Pie to the southern wing of the palace, it was quiet, Kim did not allow anyone to enter that wing. Then they saw Zee standing in front of blue double doors, Zee smiled at them. “Happy Birthday, Your Grace. Sorry it took so long.” Pie nods and smiled at Zee, then Kim pushed the double doors open and Pie was astonished by the beauty before her. The doors lead to a indoor oasis, the floor was filled with bermuda grass and small flowers, on the left side was a miniature of the hidden waterfalls they visited in Turtle Island. Warm water falls from the top to the small jacuzzi pool on the bottom, there were trees planted on the garden and there was a swing on one of them. The oasis was still inside the palace yet it was open, it sits on top of the cliff, overlooking the Dragon City below them while the sky carpeted above them. Pie almost bursts in tears when she saw this, she never thought that this was her surprise, Kim leads Pie on the bench under the tree, they walked on the stone paths on the grass. They sat down and looked at the majestic view. “This is so beautiful Kim. Thank you, I really love it.” Kim wrapped her arm around Pie and lays her head on her shoulder. “This is yours Pie, only you can use it, except with your permission of course. I'm glad you like my gift. I was so worried that I couldn't give it to you in time, something went wrong a moment ago. It was a good thing the landscaper fixed it right away.” Kim chuckled. “So, is that what you were doing a while ago? Is the lady you were speaking with the landscaper?” Pie felt a bit of guilt, thinking that Kim ignored her and forget her present. Kim nodded and then her hand starts to feel Pie's belly. “When winter comes again, it will be a perfect place for you and the baby to stay. It's the warmest place in the palace.” Warm steam emerges from small steam vents on the sides. Kim brushed Pie's hair and moved herself closer to her, she kissed Pie passionately. Kim could taste Pie's sweetness, her hands wander all over Pie's body and starts kissing her neck. Pie's body starts to warm up, it's been six months since they last made love to each other ans she misses Kim, but with the baby in her belly, they both decided not to do it until she gives birth. She moaned as Kim's touch gave her a feeling of ecstasy. “You're so beautiful Pie.” Kim whispered.

 

Summer finally arrived, also it was Pie's ninth month. Any time soon, she will be giving birth. All the royal physicians are on a 24/7 standby mode, the royal guards were tightened the security around the palace borders and inside the palace as well. Kim has finally chosen people to fill the office of the Royal Council, that way, she can keep close to Pie. It was a warm sunny day, the winds was cool yet the sun was hot. Pie stayed in the garden with Yam, Jane and Puey, they were drinking cold honeyed milk while chatting. Kim and Zee were in the Royal Council meeting, discussing the expansion of trade with the kingdoms on the west, Kim couldn’t concentrate because she was thinking about Pie. Zee stared at her with grin, he knows that she's not paying attention. Kim looked out the window and sighed, two hours have passed. Knock! Knock! “Your Grace, it's time.” The guard said. Kim quickly stood up, she was about to run for it then she remembered her council. “Let's continue this meeting the day after tomorrow. Forgive me, my lords, my lady.” Kim bowed and pulled Zee then ran out. The council members smiled and shouted: “Congratulations, Your Grace!” Kim and Zee finally arrived, Yam, Jane and Puey were waiting outside, shortly Aunt In and Duke Keenan arrived as well. “How is she?” Kim worriedly asked. “She's still in labor but the physicians said she's alright.” Yam answered. Kim stood, she was cold and nervous for Pie, she wanted to enter but she's not allowed. For hours, Kim stood sentry on the door. She listened to Pie's labor, every grunt and scream weakened her knees. “Kim, sit down. Pie will be alright, I know your father and mother are looking out for her right now.” Aunt In rubs Kim's shoulders and offered her to sit, a servant gave them some cold honeyed wine and some bread and cheese for snacks.

 

An hour has passed, they were all silent, still waiting, the sun has already set. In the midst of silence, a cry surrounded the hall, an infant's cry, Kim smiled, she stood up and waited for the physician to call her, then after a few seconds, another infant's cry joined the first infant. Kim looked at Zee which must happiness and confusion, all of them stood up and waited for the physician. “Your Grace, meet your daughters.” The physician opened the doors, Kim slowly walked inside, her hands were cold and sweaty, her breath was deep. After a few steps, they found them. Her lovely Pie and two beautiful daughters, resting on the bed. Pie was nursing their younger daughter, while their older one is sleeping quietly on her mother's side. “Hi Kim, meet your daughters.” Pie smiled at Kim, she looked exhausted yet she was glowing. Kim moved closer to them, she kissed Pie and caressed her face. “How are you, Pie?” Kim looked at her with much happiness. “I'm alright Kim, you can hold them.” Pie replied. Then she looked at her sleeping baby, she carefully lifted her from Pie's side and held her close. She looked at the baby's small face, she gently held its tiny fingers and its wisps of hair. She hugged her gently and then kissed her on the forehead. “What shall we name her?” Pie asked Kim as she the younger girl's hair. “We should call her Aarya.” Kim moved closer to Pie and their younger daughter. “Hello, Aarya.” Pie gently rubs the baby's cheek. “How about our youngest?” Kim asked Pie. “I want her to be named after the great queen of Vithara, Alexia.” Pie kissed the little baby on the forehead. Kim lays down next to Pie, with one arm around her and the other carrying little Aarya. Alexia held Pie's finger tightly, Kim smiled at this sight, then she orders the physicians to allow their family in. Aunt In and Duke Keenan came in first, followed by Yam and Zee then Jane and Puey. They found the family together in bed, bonding for the very first time. “Hey Kim, can you introduce us to those beautiful babies?” Zee walked towards them. “Hehe.. Alright, the little one here on my arm is Aarya. She is our eldest and the younger one with Pie is Alexia.” They were all happy and excited, Jane and Yam giggles while Aunt In took a closer look on the newborns. “Aarya and Alexia, perfect names for such beautiful girls and future monarchs.” Zee said. After a few minutes, Pie's parents arrived. “Oh! Twins! What a lovely surprise!” Pie's mother exclaimed. “Congratulations, Your Grace.” King Arkom shook Kim's hand and then looked at the babies. It was a beautiful summer evening, the family welcomed two new members, two beautiful baby girls.

 

As the years pass, the twins grew more and more like their parents, but each of them takes more from the other parent. Although twins, they, they are not identical. Aarya inherited her striking eyes, jet black hair and naughty grin from Kim, while her lips and skin from Pie. She took interest in sword fighting, archery and horseback riding, she loves to read as well. Alexia got her mother's brunette curls, sweet smile, puppy eyes, while her she inherited Kim's grin as well. She loves cooking and singing, as well as archery. She also took interest in land animals and sea creatures. Months after their birth, Zee and Yam finally got married, and after a year, their son Krishna was born. He inherited Zee's nose and eyes, Yam's lips and curls and Zee's trouble maker attitude. Krishna and Aarya were more like Zee and Kim, always getting into trouble. Alexia on the other hand, was very lady like, though she has quite a temper that easily scares off Aarya and Krishna.The three children became very close, although sometimes troublesome, they were good and obedient. The continent is at peace, for seven years there was no war. The continent enjoyed prosperous years, Kim and Pie fell deeper in love with every passing year.

 

It was the morning of Pie and Kim's tenth wedding anniversary, Pie woke up first. She woke Kim up by kissing her lips then her neck, Kim slowly opened her eyes, she brushed Pie's hair and reached for her lips. “Happy tenth anniversary, love.” Pie said it in a very way, she then sat on top of Kim and slowly removes her evening gown, she bites her lower lip as Kim starts to touch and kiss her bare body. Then she pulls her down and cover themselves with the blanket and started making love. After an hour, they relaxed on their bed and cuddled, Pie was on Kim's chest. “It's been ten years Pie, I'm so happy to have you in my life. Thank you for accepting me for who I am. Thank you for being brave enough to love me.” Pie looked ad Kim. “Thank you for ten years of happiness Kim. I hope we can share more years together.” Pie tightened her hug on Kim. “Ten, twenty, thirty, forever and ever!” Kim raised her arms in the air and laughed together with Pie. “I love you Pie.” “I love you Kim.” They shared a sweet passionate kiss. Knock! Knock! “Daaaady! Moooommy! Wake up, we want to show you something!” Aarya and Alexia banged on the door. Kim and Pie chuckled and left their bed, then started to get dressed. “Coming honeys.” Kim replied. When they opened the door, their children surprised them with a cake, baked by Alexia (with the help of the palace chef) and a card made by Aarya. “Happy tenth Anniversary!” They both yelled. Kim and Pie were touched by the sweet gesture of their children, they both kissed them and hugged them. “Thank you honeys.” Kim and Pie both said. Pie took the cake and card while Kim carried the little princesses in her arms. “You're both very heavy, you ate all the food in the kitchen!” Kim children. They all laughed as they continued walking on the hallway. Pie looked at her family, Kim playing with their daughters in the hall. This is my dream, no, this is our dream. We made it come true. I can't ask for anything more than this. Kim looked at Pie and smiled at her, then Pie sat down with on the floor and starts to dip her finger on the cake and puts the icing on Kim's nose, their daughters laughed, then Kim puts icing on all of them. They are all happy and content. One of the moments they will forever hold in their hearts.

 

Years flew swiftly, Pie and Kim lived to see their children grow, have their own family, and then, inherit their kingdoms. They spent their last days on the summer palace, watching the stars and listening to the music of the waves. They held each other close as they lie on the comforter. Pie's curly brunette has turned into silver, her smooth skin is now wrinkly. Kim, who is also old and gray turned to her. “You're so beautiful Pie.” Her voice, a bit shaky but it was till music to Pie's ears. “You've been saying that for the last seventy years, love.” Pie Kim's hair then hugged her. “I love you.” “I love you too.” They whispered before closing their eyes. They fell asleep at the same time, both of them dreamed the same dream, they were together and young again like the first time they met. They were walking hand in hand on the beach as the sun sets on the horizon.

 

-------------------The End.-------------------

 

-----Author's Note:

Hello guys! Well, here we are.. the ending. Thank you so much for reading and supporting my first ever fanfic, this is my first work in writing. Thank you so much. This is the best ending I thought for our King and Queen, I hope you liked it. And as for their children, Aarya and Alexia, I would like to thank “LovelyTina” for giving me such a good idea. I hope you enjoyed reading my story, please support my other story as well. Thank you. :)

 

--Heisenberg