Chapter 22: Dreams Coming True

Me and my Prince-ss?

The day after Kim's arrival started with a bright sun ray, most of the snow covering the palace grounds have melted. Kim woke up to find Pie sleeping on her chest, she gave her a quick kiss and caressed her face. “Good morning love. It's time to wake up.” Pie opened her eyes a bit and stretched her arms. “Good morning love. You're up early today.” Pie yaws and hugs Kim. “I wanted to finish something first before we go on our honeymoon.” Kim replied. “So, do you want your breakfast here?” Pie looks at Kim seductively and bites her lip. “Yes please.” Kim covered the both of them and they both started giggling. After an hour, Kim and Pie walked out of their room holding hands and smiling. They greeted every single servant they come across, then Kim called one of the servants. “Send a message to the three high lords, I will hold a council two days.” “Alright, Your Grace.” The servant nodded and left.

 

Two days later, the three lords arrived. Lord Raavi Prema of the eastern border, Lord Ter Shin of the northern border and Lord Rohini Saatvik of the south. Kim and Pie greeted and welcomed the two lords, Yam was happy to see her father again after a long time. “My lords, please rest and eat first before we discuss business.” Kim then led them to the dining area. The servants served the meals and they all ate, after the meal, they all proceed to the council room. Duke Keenan, Zee and Aunt In were also present there, they all sat down, Pie sat on Kim's right side. Kim took a parchment and unrolled it and read its contents “My lords, I am here to discuss The Law of Succession. The purpose of this law is to have a clear procedure in regards to the succession of the throne. First issue, the first born offspring of the King or Queen, whether male or female shall be considered as the heir to the Dragon Throne and thus, have the title of 'Heir apparent'. Second, should a King or Queen leave no heir, the closest of kin is next in line of succession. Should the previous King or Queen have siblings, the eldest will be first in line. Third issue, should there be no living kin, the King or Queen may choose his or her successor from the noble houses of Dhiratva.” When Kim finished reading the contents, she studied the reaction of the lords. “Your Grace, this is outstanding! It's about time we change that ridiculous law. If I may be so bold, I think we should apply this law on all successions in our kingdom, the succession of houses.” Lord Ter Shin exclaimed with extreme joy.

 

Lord Ter Shin is about the same age as Kim, he is the youngest of all wardens. The Kingdom of Dhiratva has been divided into four provinces, north, east, south and west and each province has its own warden, this house will be in charge with the protection of the province, keeping the king's peace and delivering the king's justice. The other houses in each province will be subject to their wardens. Lord Ter Shin has just been proclaimed Warden of the North after his father's death in the war, he and Kim share the same sentiments regarding the current law of succession. Lord Raavi's family has been the warden of the East for a hundred years, Yam is his heir. Duke Keenan is the current warden of the West and Zee is his heir while Lord Rohini Saatvik is the Warden of the South, his younger brother is his heir.

 

The other lords are very happy about the proposed Law of Succession and Lord Shin's proposal. Then Kim called for a vote if they should apply this law to all successions in their kingdom, they all voted yes. Then Kim ordered to rewrite the law, after a few moments, the lords signed and at the very last, Kim signed. Below is the current Law of Succession:

 

The Law of Succession for the Dragon Throne of Dhiratva

First Issue- The King or Queen's first born offspring, whether male or female shall be considered as the heir to the Dragon Throne and thus, have the title of 'Heir apparent'.

Second Issue- Should a King or Queen leave no heir, the closest of kin is next in line of succession. Should the previous King or Queen have siblings, the eldest will be first in line.

Third Issue- Should there be no living kin, the King or Queen may choose his or her successor from the noble houses of Dhiratva.

 

The Law of Succession for the Noble Houses of Dhiratva

First Issue- The Lord's first born offspring, whether male or female shall be considered as the heir to the titles and lands of his or her house.

Second Issue- Should a Lord leave no heir, the closest of kin is next in line of succession. Should the previous Lord have siblings, the eldest will be first in line.

Third Issue- Should there be no living kin, the Lord may choose his or her successor from the noble houses of Dhiratva.

 

Signed by his Grace,

King Kimhun Rava I of House Dairyu, lord of Dhiratva and protector of the realm

Witnessed by

Lord Ter of House Shin, Warden of the North

Lord Raavi of House Prema, Warden of the East

Lord Rohini of House Saatvik, Warden of the South

Lord Sachiv of House Keenan, Warden of the West

 

After the signing, Kim poured golden wax on the parchment and pressed her ring to stamp the dragon seal, it is now a law of Dhiratva, those who will not abide will be punished. Alas, Kim's dream of equality is coming true and Pie is there to witness it and she is very proud of her husband. Three days after the council meeting, the law was announced by the wardens on their provinces while Kim prepares for their honeymoon. “Kim, you won't be needing that. It's hot in Vithara.” Pie warned Kim when she saw her packing her fur coat, it was Kim's first time to go to Vithara, she was not familiar with the weather and customs in there and Pie was very excited to tour Kim to the white beaches of her kingdom. The night before their departure, Kim visited her father's grave. “Hey Pa, I've done it! The Law of Succession is accepted by everyone, well almost. Some were not very happy about it but they can't do anything about it anymore. I wish you could have been here to see my dreams come true. There's just one dream I'm still working on, and it's the most important for me. I hope.. I could give Pie a child, even just one would be enough. If it's not too much, can you please send my prayers to the gods? They might listen to you more. Hehe.. I should go now, I'll be taking Pie to the summer palace you gave us and to Vithara. I miss you Pa, I'll see you again when I get back.” Kim kissed her father's helmet and left the crypts. The next day, everyone was preparing for their departure, they will be taking a hundred royal guards. They are still not taking any chances. As the sun rises, the royal party departs and begins their journey to the summer palace.

 

The road was easier, they have been paved during the restoration of the towns. It was a five day travel, they spend the nights in road side inns and travel fast by day. Kim, Zee and Puey were on horseback while the ladies ride in the carriage. “So, are you ready Zee?” Kim asked Zee. “I'm really nervous actually.” Zee replied. “Puey, let's help Zee woo Yam.” Kim said to Puey. “Hmmm, sure! Zee, Yam is a very expressive woman. You can read what she thinks through her face, she's just like Pie.” Puey said to Zee. “But Pie is WAY more expressive.” They all chuckled. “Yam is fond of poetry and songs Zee. She wants to be swooped off her feet by a prince charming. I think that is why she fell for Kim.” Puey said. Then both Zee and Kim start to think, then Kim looked at Zee. “You have to dress better, cousin. Puey, judge his style and what he should do to improve.” Puey then looked at Zee from head to toe. Zee was a more rugged type of aristocrat, he did not like wearing much color and jewels. He just like brown leather and black tunics unlike Kim who has a good style of clothing and color combination. “Zee, the colors you're wearing now compliment your skin tone but you need to use different materials. You should wear silks, velvets, try to explore. I'll help you.” Puey said while Zee carefully listens. “Keep your chin up, don't be shy cousin. Being handsome is in our blood.” Kim teased Zee and they all laughed.

 

After five days of travel, the yellowish walls and towers of the summer palace started to show. The palace was built on the edge of a rocky cliff that stands on the shore, the palace was made with sandstones and bricks, the point of the towers were painted red and gold and on the tallest tower, a red and white banner was floating. Finally, the tall gates and walls of the summer palace welcomed them, on the courtyard, the steward welcomed them and showed them to their rooms. All of them were placed on the side were they sea the ocean, the vast blue waters were crashing against the rocks of shore. The waves were like music to Pie, it reminded her of her won room in Vithara. It was music for Kim as well, it was the first time she has been to the sea, everything seemed magical to her. The servants took their luggage to their rooms while they sit on the veranda facing the sea and relaxed while they drink cold coconut juice. Then Kim suddenly whispered to Pie, after a few moments Pie nods and Kim stood up. She asked Puey and Zee to come with her and left the ladies in the veranda. “Hey, where are they going?” Jane curiously asked. “Oh, hunting. Boys will be boys.” Pie replied. “Why don't we take a bath and tour this palace?” Yam suggested and they all agreed.

Meanwhile in Puey's room, they were busy with fixing Zee's look. Puey cuts Zee's hair while Kim finds the perfect combination of clothes for him. Puey cuts Zee's hair short and clean and shave his face, then Kim makes Zee try out black and gold tunic with white trousers and brown boots. When Zee came out, they were both in awe. Zee looked more like an aristocrat now, both Kim and Puey were very pleased with themselves. “Do I really look good?” Zee asked Kim, then Kim faced the mirror to Zee, he cannot believe his eyes. He does look better. “From now on, you will dress like that.” Kim commented on Zee. Then Zee smiled the Kim and Puey. “Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help.” Zee thanked them both. Later that evening, a formal dinner was held in the hall. The ladies were the first ones to arrive, Pie was wearing a red sleeveless dress which shows a bit of her cleavage, while Yam wears a green off shoulder dress with sleeves on her arms and Jane was wearing a white and blue sleeveless and off shoulder dress. “What is taking them so long?” Yam asked, Pie just grinned at her. Then, after a few moments, they arrived. Zee was in the middle, his hair brushed up a bit, he was wearing the clothes that Kim picked for him. Puey was on the left side, he was wearing a red velvet tunic with black trousers. Kim was on the right side, she was wearing a white and gold tunic with brown trousers. The ladies were all in awe with the three of them, Yam was really surprised with Zee's new look, her eyes stuck on him. They all sat next to their partners, then dinner was served. “You look very handsome, Zee.” Yam commented. Zee blushed and smiled at Yam. “Thank you, my lady. You look very beautiful.” Zee then worked up the courage to take Yam's hand and kissed it. “Lady Yam, will you accompany me later to the veranda?” Zee asked her. “Of course Zee.” Yam answered and they both smiled. Kim and Pie watched secretly from afar and smiled. Pie whispers to Kim. “Good job, Kim.” Kim then holds Pie's hand under the table and whispered to her ear. “You look so beautiful, Pie.” Kim then kissed Pie's cheek which made her blush and smile. The first night in the summer palace has just begun.