Chapter 10: Secrets

Me and my Prince-ss?

Pie and Kim were inseparable since their first kiss. They are always seen walking around while holding hands. Kim was relieved from her royal duties due to her injury and because her father wants her to spend more time with Pie. They are now preparing for their departure for the Dairyu palace in Dhiratva, where the wedding will take place. “Pie, I'll just check on father. I'll be back.” Kim said to Pie. “Alright, be back soon.” Pie kissed Kim on the cheeks. Kim was walking on the hallway when she suddenly bumped on Yam.

Yam: “You're highness, I'm very sorry.”

Kim: “It's okay Yam. By the way, can I talk to you in private?”

Yam: “Uhm, sure.” Kim leads Yam to the palace library. The library has two floors and it was all filled with old and new books from around the continent. On the second floor, there was a room that was reserved for the members of the royal family.They went inside the room and Kim locked the door. Yam became very nervous.

Yam: “Your highness, what is it?”

Kim: “Yam, I've been thinking about this since we got here. How did you know about the Aroka Jivas? That knowledge was passed down strictly to the next Dhiratvanian King.” Yam suddenly felt chills in her spine and her lips starts to become pale.

Yam: “Kim, I will tell you the truth if you tell me the truth.” Kim was confused and didn't answer. “Very well, I'll go first. I knew about them because my ancestor was a Necromancer.” Kim's eyes widened and she grabs the hilt of her sword. Yam then touches Kim's hand. “Kim, not all Necromancers are evil. I know that you've been thought otherwise but it is true. My great great grandmother was a young necromancer during Marius' Purge. Her family never joined the other necromancers who wanted to take over. They were just simple farmers that were working on Lord Ero Prema's lands. Their family only used their powers to talk to the dead but never to revive them. They cursed the actions of the Dark Necromancers because they corrupted their power and let greed get the best of them. Lord Ero's son, Varius married my great great grandmother. Their children and the next generation up to me were never taught how to revive the dead but rather, just to talk to them. I don't mean you or anyone in this Kingdom harm. Please Kim, believe me. That night, in the Bleeding Woods, it was the first time that I saw an Aroka Jiva, but it was not the first time I've heard of them. My father sent me to you to help you and the king. My father spoke with an old soul in the forest. It said that a young man was offering him a contract that would make him live again. He rejected the contract because he lived and died during the Purge. My father feared that the threat of the Dark Necromancers have returned. Please Kim, believe me. I wanted to tell you the first time we saw each other again in the town square but I was afraid that you will not accept me, that you will hate me.” Yam's eyes start to tear up. Kim was confused and shocked because of the information that she has just learned. “Yam, I want to trust you. I really do. But you have to see this from my perspective.” Kim explains to Yam. “I know Kim. There's nothing I can do, it's all up to you. But for now, it's time you hold your end of the bargain. Yam said to Kim as she wipes her tears. “What can I possibly tell you Yam?” Kim asked. “You're a girl Kim.” Yam said to Kim as she caressed Kim's cheek. “And even after knowing that, I'm still in love with you.” Yam added. All the things that Yam said were piling up on Kim, she just turned her head down and and processed everything in her head. After a few minutes of silence, Kim raised her head and poised her body. Kim: “Yam, you're my friend. One of the few actually. Thank you for being honest with me, I will use the information you shared to me and I will not tell anyone you're a necromancer. And yes, I am a girl. Please, if you really love me, don't tell this to anyone as well. Pie's and my family's lives depend on that secret being kept. Lastly, I can't trust you for now, but you can still earn it. You know what I mean Yam. Please don't prove me wrong.” “Thank you Kim.” Yam hugged Kim. “We need to go Yam.” Kim smiled but her smile was a bit forced. Yam saw it but she understood her. Kim walks out with a heavy heart.

Kim went to her father and told him about the information Yam shared. She did not tell him who gave her the information, she just said that there was a farmer who saw something in the woods. “If this is true Kim, then our worst fears have been realized. The threat of the Dark Necromancers has returned and we practically raised an army for them. King Anapan said to Kim. “What do you mean father?” Kim confusedly asked. “Our almost century old war with the Vitharians has killed thousands of men. All of which would be easily persuaded by a contract to be alive again. I'm sorry son. I will talk to King Arkom about this.” Kim's chest starts to get heavy again. “The wedding will still continue son, I will not allow some darklings get in the way of your happiness.” King Anapan smiled as he wraps his arm around Kim. Kim smiled and bowed to her father then left. She walked pass Yam and gave her a sad smile. When she reached Pie, she hugged her very tightly. “Hey, what's wrong Kim?” Pie curiously asked. “I love you Pie.” Kim replied as she hid her face on Pie's hair. The sweet scent of Pie's hair and the warmth of her hug calmed Kim down and relieved her. Pie knew something was wrong but she knew Kim better. Kim was very good at hiding her emotions and this time, Kim was clearly bothered by something. She just hugged Kim and kissed her to comfort her. She knows that Kim will tell her eventually. It was time for departure, Kim rode in with Pie in the carriage while Yam, Jane and Puey all rode in their own carriage. The combination of blue, white, gold and red banners were waving on top of the royal party, the horses started to gallop as the sun starts to rise. It would take 3 days to travel from Pitha to the Dhiratvanian Palace. After 3 years of war, Kim was coming home with Pie.

 

---Author's Note

Hello guys! This is the first half of my mystical approach to the movie Yes or No. I hoped you liked it. :) I just want to thank you for reading and supporting my story. This is the first time I have ever written anything. You're kind comments are very much appreciated! Thanks so much! :)

-Heisenberg