Myungsoo - INFINITE

Imagination is Everything: Oneshot Request Shop [Busy]

Y O U    D E S E R V E    T H E    B E S T

Kim Myungsoo    |    Park Eunji

requested by oshvns


 

"Just see him. Please." I begged my parents, pleading for them to give him a chance.

 

My father placed a hand on my mother's knee, patting it softly. He looked at me tiredly, waving a hand. "Fine, before I change my mind."

 

"Thank you." I breathed out, quickly rushing to the door.

 

Myungsoo looked up at me from his place on the couch. He looked worried, and scrambled up towards me. "I-is everything okay?"

 

I nodded and gave a weak smile. "It's just...you know. It may or may not have gone as smoothly as I wanted. Sorry."

 

"Hey, look at me." He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "It's not your fault, okay? Your parents just love you. I understand."

 

He pulled me into a warm embrace. "Okay." I mumbled into his chest.

 

"Now let's go and charm them out of their socks." Grabbing my hand, he led me back to the room where my parents were.

 

He pushed me in softly and closed the door behind him, leading me towards the couch opposite my parents.

 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet the parents of my girlfriend. She's told me a lot about you." He smiled, greeting them warmly.

 

My father gave him a curt nod, though my mother looked at him coldly. "Do you have a job?" She asked him.

 

I gave Myungsoo a worried glance, but he simply smiled. "I'm currently working part-time at an office, but I make enough to get by."

 

"Enough to get by, huh?" My mum looked at him scornfully. "Where do you live? Do you have your own house?"

 

"Mum…" I shifted in my seat uncomfortably.

 

She looked at me angrily. "You are my one and only daughter. Is it so wrong that I want to know exactly who I'm giving you off to?"

 

"No, but. Is money really that important?"

 

She glared at me, breathing deeply. Swallowing, she looked back at Myungsoo pointedly.

 

"Mrs Park. I can reassure you I can take care of your daughter. I love her and I will give her the best. I would never settle for anything less."

 

He reached over for my hand and linked our fingers together. I smiled gratefully at him.

 

"But without money, how will you give her the best? You don't even have a stable income, and you're not rich. What are you going to do? Sleep on the streets together? Oh, but that's okay, isn't it? Because you love each other. And as long as you've got each other, everything will just fall into place perfectly."

 

She leaned back, crossing her arms. "You're not good enough for my daughter."

 

"Mum!" I shouted, standing up. "That's enough!"

 

My parents had controlled me for all my life. But we were talking about the man I loved, and I was not going to let them take him away from me. Of all the things I couldn't lose, he was one of them.

 

My father glared at me. "You will not talk to your mother like that."

 

Before I could say anything else, Myungsoo stood up. "I'm really sorry to have caused such a disturbance. I think it would be best if I took my leave. It was nice to meet you both, Mr and Mrs Park."

 

"Myungsoo…" I looked at him, worried and apologetically.

 

He smiled and shook his head a little. "I don't want to be the rift between you and your parents. Give it some time, okay? I'll call you later."

 

"Well she won't be picking up any time soon, I can guarantee you that much." My mother cut in.

 

Myungsoo gave a warm smile. "Hopefully, the next time we meet, you'll be ready to accept me." He gave my hand a little squeeze. "I'll be going first."

 

"I'm so sorry it turned out this way."

 

"Me too." The little daredevil in him stepped forward and pecked me on the cheek. "Bye."

 

When Myungsoo left, his warm touch was still lingering on my hand.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

I groaned and flipped over onto my stomach, hugging a pillow. "It's not funny, Myungsoo!"

 

He chuckled over the phone. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry."

 

"I'm literally under house arrest! They won't even let me take a shower without having to inspect what I bring into the bathroom. I'm not dumb! If I were to call you, the last place I'd do it in is the bathroom cause it echoes like crazy!"

 

"Then how are you calling me now?"

 

"I'm magical. You wouldn't understand."

 

I heard some sheets rustling over the phone. "Are you busy? Am I bothering you?"

 

"I'm just finishing up some work."

 

"But your office hardly ever gives you this much work. It's past midnight!"

 

"I took up some extra jobs."

 

I sighed into the phone. "Is this to do with my parents? You know you don't have to prove anything. They're being ridiculous."

 

"Myungsoo?" I asked when he didn't say anything. "Hello? Did you fall asleep on me?" I smiled, waiting for him to respond.

 

"Hey, Eunji...listen to me, okay?"

 

I frowned.

 

"Look, I...I'm going to get a new job."

 

"That's great! What's wrong?"

 

"It's," He sighed, and I became uneasy. "It's in another country."

 

I sat upright on my bed, eyes wide. "M-Myungsoo, that's not funny."

 

"You need to understand where I'm coming from."

 

"No, Myungsoo! You can't do this to me. You're all that I have now!"

 

"Listen, listen! Your parents are right. If I loved you, I would want the absolute best for you, but it won't be possible with the income I'm getting right now. I need to-"

 

"I don't care about what my parents said! I can work too. There are plenty of high salary jobs I can take up. And I can take up several shifts, and, and, I could sell-"

 

"Eunji! Stop it!"

 

My hands trembled as I gripped the phone impossibly closer to my ear. I was going to lose him. His voice was all that I had right now.

 

"Please, please Myungsoo!"

 

"I love you, so so much. You deserve so much more than I could ever give you."

 

"Don't you understand?!" The tears started flowing. "You, just staying with me, is the best for me. You are everything I need."

 

I continued crying over the silence of the phone. "Please." I breathed. "Don't do this to me."

 

He let out a shaky breath.

 

"How long will you be gone for?" I asked timidly.

 

"I...I don't know." He answered.

 

"Tha-"

 

The door to my room burst open. My mum stood there, furious. "Give me the phone. Now."

 

"Mum, pleas-"

 

She stormed over to my bed. Jumping up, nearly tripping over my covers, I tried to run past her, clutching my phone for dear life. "Myungsoo!" I shouted. "Meet me at park!"

 

I didn't even get a chance to hear his answer. My mother grabbed the phone out of my hands, cutting off the call. Without another word, she turned around towards the door.

 

"No! Please! Mum!" I slammed the door to my bedroom and stood in front of it.

 

"Move."

 

"No, mum. Please, you have to let me see him."

 

"So that you can run off together? No. I'm not going to have any of this disgusting behaviour in my house. Move!" She stepped forward, but I stood still, feet planted firmly in front of the door.

 

"He's the one who's going to run off! He's moving to another country, okay?! Are you happy now? This is all your fault! Please." My body grew slack. All the fire that I had in me disappeared. "Just let me see him."

 

I sank to my knees, still looking at my mother. "This might be the last time I see him."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

I threw myself towards him and his arms automatically made their way around me. "Myungsoo, oh my gosh."

 

I could feel myself trembling as I held onto him, desperately clinging on. He pulled me closer, whispering words of apology.

 

"You're serious?"

 

I felt him nod. "Yeah."

 

"When are you leaving?" I asked him.

 

"I-In a few weeks."

 

I pulled back immediately. "So soon?" I was hoping for a few months at least.

 

I wasn't ready. I never would be.

 

He placed a hand on my cheek. "Do you love me?"

 

"Yes. So much."

 

"Then, would you wait for me?"

 

"You know I would." I bit my lip. "I'd wait for you on my knees, day and night, if I had to."

 

He placed a tender kiss on my forehead. "I know. I just needed to hear it."

 

I looked up at him, trying to be strong for him.

 

"I'm going to miss you." He pulled me into a hug again, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

 

I wrapped my arms tightly around him, dreading the moment I would have to let go. "Then stay, please? We'll work something out. Or I'll go with you."

 

Leaving a trail of butterfly kisses up my neck and along my jawline, he pulled back and tucked a strand of hair behind me ears. "Don't be so silly. You need to stay here. Otherwise," He pinched the bridge of my nose playfully, one arm still wrapped around my waist. "Your parents will fly over and skin me alive."

 

I tried to smile, but I couldn't bring myself to. I looked at him with pleading eyes, trying to change his mind because I needed him.

 

"It's not forever, okay? I'll work hard and when I come back, I'm going to be so great, you might not even be able to look at me."

 

I slapped his chest. "I'm being serious."

 

He laughed, sneaking a quick kiss. "But when I come back, you're going to be so proud of me."

 

"I'm already proud of you, Myungsoo."

 

"Well then, you're going to be so proud of me your heart will burst. You won't be able to handle it, and you will cry like a baby." He pinched my cheeks, smiling and cooing.

 

I was going to miss that smile so much. My heart felt heavy, and my eyes started tearing up absent-mindedly.

 

"Hey, you're not supposed to cry now! Save the waterworks for later, because you're going to need all the tears you've got. Okay?"

 

I bit my lip, the first of tears spilling down my cheeks. "Sorry." I mumbled.

 

"Me too." He whispered. Tenderly, he wiped it away, before planting a soft kiss on the corner of my eye. When another tear escaped, he would kiss it away.

 

"Eunji, I'm going to tell you this now. When I come back," He smiled. "I'm going to marry you."

 

Fresh tears stained my cheeks. "If you're going to make me wait so long, I expect the proposal to be amazing." I laughed, bitter but ready to let go.

 

"Of course." He pulled me in for another kiss. "My Eunji deserves the best."
 

 

 

A U T H O R ' S    C O R N E R                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ...

 

I completely lost my sense humour today - if you can even call it humour - while writing the rest of the oneshot. So yes, there was an awkward balance of 'humour' and drama, since I don't write from start to end. I jump all over the place, writing chunks, then writing more in between to join everything together. Weird, yes. But it helps with writer's block (kinda).

 

Either way. Other than the awkwardness practically oozing between each line, hopefully it was okay...It's not the best I've done. OTL

 

[UPDATED] Oh my gosh. I completely forgot to unhide this chapter. So now this is a gazillion years late and I apologize to all the readers. TT TT I'm so so sorry!

 

~ ~ ~

someone_silly_XD