Myungsoo - INFINITE

Imagination is Everything: Oneshot Request Shop [Busy]

I    S T I L L    L O V E    Y O U

Kim Myungsoo    |    Park Eunji

requested by oshvns


 

"Hello?"

 

"Um...E-Eunji?"

 

"Oh! Myungsoo! Why are you calling?"

 

"Actually...what's your address?"

 

"Address? A-aren’t you in Germany?"

 

"...I've come to visit you."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Myungsoo's POV

 

He was adorable. No, adorable didn't even describe him. He stared up curiously at me with large doe eyes, one hand clumsily gripping a blue rattle.

 

I stepped over slightly when Eunji reached down for him. Holding him in her arms, she nuzzled her forehead with his.

 

"Joonnie, this is your daddy."

 

She turned around so that he could look at me. I smiled, trying to coax a response out of him. But all he did was stare back at me incomprehensively.

 

"Daddy. Daaaaddy." She tried again.

 

I chuckled, amused that she was trying to teach him to talk already.

 

I looked up to see him watching me. I watched him too, and for a while, we looked at each other in silence. Finally, he let out a coo, breaking out into a toothless smile.

 

He squirmed a little in Eunji's hold, before managing to stretch out an arm in my direction.

 

Smiling, she handed him over to me, only releasing her hands from his little waist when she was sure I had a secure hold.

 

I knew she was thinking about the time I had dropped her whole tray of freshly baked brownies, after I'd told her that being the man of the house, I would do the lifting jobs.

 

"Are you sure you're not going to drop him?" She joked.

 

"No. This little one's much too precious." Tenderly, I adjusted the small beanie on his head.

 

His little hands rested on my chest, and he lifted one to pat my hair. Laughing, I reached up to take his small hand in my large one, intrigued by the big difference.

 

It was then that I realised just how innocent, cute and wonderful a baby was.

 

"Thank you, Eunji."

 

She cocked her head questioningly, but her eyes didn't come off the baby.

 

"Thank you for giving birth to Sungjoon."

 

She looked up at me, before smiling shyly.

 

"I'm sorry, too. I'm sorry I wasn't there by your side when you were giving birth. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to raise him with you."

 

"You don't have to be. And, you can still raise him. How long are you staying for?"

 

"One month…"

 

Her smile wavered. I could tell she was disappointed.

 

"That's okay. One month is still plenty of time. Isn't that right, hmm, Joonnie?"

 

He gurgled in response, hands still latched onto me.

 

Maybe. Maybe one month is a lot.

 

But when I'm with you...time flies.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Eunji's POV

 

I sat on my bed, cocooned in my blanket, as I watched Myungsoo.

 

It had been over a year since I'd last seen him.

 

He flew to Germany to take care of his business after we'd gotten divorced. I never forgot about him. He never forgot about me either.

 

We maintained a steady relationship as friends. As much as I wished there was something more between us, I understood that he had his reasons, and I didn't want to burden him.

 

A few weeks after he left, I realised I was bearing his child. I didn't want to tell Myungsoo at first. I was afraid I would be pressuring him. But after all, he was the father of the child. He deserved to know.

 

He was happy, much to my delight.

 

I kept him updated the nine months I was pregnant with the baby. The first thing I did when I gave birth to a baby boy was call Myungsoo.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

"He's beautiful. He looks just like you. He's an angel."

 

"He's an angel because you're his mother."

 

"Myungsoo?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"...What should we name him?"

 

Silence.

 

"Sungjoon. Kim Sungjoon."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Smiling, Myungsoo placed a light kiss on our baby's cheek.

 

"Sweet dreams, Joonnie." He whispered.

 

Carefully, Myungsoo placed him into his crib. Sungjoon reached out for his soft toy, and sleepily gripped onto it.

 

Myungsoo tucked a small blanket around him, making sure to keep him snug and warm.

 

I smiled. I knew he had an inner father.

 

"Go to sleep, Myungsoo." I chuckled. He wouldn't leave the baby alone since he'd arrived this morning.

 

He nodded, still fussing over our child, whilst I continued to watch him.

 

Finally, after what seemed like hours, he moved away from the crib and walked towards my closet, where I kept a spare blanket.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

He turned around. "Sleeping on the couch."

 

"But-"

 

"I'll be fine." He reassured me, before making his way out of my room.

 

"W-wait!"

 

He turned around, leaning against the doorway. Under different circumstances, I would have found it attractive. Not that I didn't right now.

 

But he had wrapped himself with the blanket, and so he looked like a dorky superhero.

 

I suppressed my laughter. "I-I don't mind...if we share the bed. There's enough room for two people. T-that is...if you don't mind…"

 

He stared back blankly at me.

 

"Y-you know what, d-don't worry." I let out a nervous chuckle. "Never mind! I didn't say anythi-"

 

He took a few quick strides and jumped onto my bed, quickly making himself comfortable underneath the covers.

 

"H-hey!" I looked at him, dumbfounded.

 

He shrugged, giving me a lopsided grin. "What? You said I could."

 

"If you don’t mind…" I mumbled.

 

"And I don't! So, there!"

 

He lay down, a content sigh escaping his lips when his head sunk into the pillow.

 

I continued to look at him. How did he change from a great father to someone so childish so quickly?

 

He cracked open one eye, catching me staring at him. I blinked in surprise.

 

"Are you going to sleep, or are you going to admire me all night?"

 

"I-I wasn't a-admiring you!"

 

He chuckled. "Cute."

 

I scowled.

 

He propped himself up on one elbow. "But I'm serious. Are you going to sleep?"

 

"Yeah."

 

He watched as I lay down next to him.

 

"Goodnight." I turned away to switch off the lamp. The room was engulfed by darkness and silence.

 

For a while, I lay there, listening to his breathing. It was soothing, and I lost myself in thoughts and memories.

 

I remembered all those times he held me in his arms at night. I remembered all those times he sang to me when I couldn't fall asleep. I remembered all those times he kissed my fears away when I had nightmares.

 

"Did you miss me?"

 

His voice brought me back to reality.

 

"I thought you were asleep." I avoided his question.

 

I jerked when he slipped an arm around my waist and cuddled up against me, his chest pressing against my back.

 

"Because I missed you." His hot breath tickled my neck.

 

I let myself be lulled by his scent. By his warmth.

 

Truth be told, I missed him so much. I still loved him so much.

 

Love…

 

This was wrong. We were divorced. We weren't meant to be doing this.

 

To develop deeper feelings for him wouldn't do me any good. To start afresh a new relationship with him wouldn't do us any good.

 

He didn't love me anymore. He had to return to Germany in one month.

 

The only thing that this would do would be to reopen old wounds that I had been trying to heal.

 

I turned around to face him; to tell him to stop making things harder for me, but stopped when I realised how close we were.

 

I looked at him, his eyes gazing back at me.

 

"I love you." He whispered.

 

I searched his eyes, but I could only find sincerity.

 

"I still love you, Eunji." He said again. "Do you still love me?"

 

"Yes." I whispered.

 

He hugged me tighter, burying me into his chest. I could feel him smiling.

 

"We'll start again, okay? You, me, and Sungjoonnie. Us three."

 

I pulled back slightly.

 

"But, don't you need to go back to Germany? You have a whole business to take care of!"

 

"No. I'm staying." He brushed a strand of hair out of my eyes. "You and the baby are more important."

 

I nodded. "Okay, then. Let's start again."

 

I let him hold me in his arms, just like he did when we were married.

 

"One last request." He said.

 

He kissed me lightly on the forehead. "Park Eunji."

 

"Mm?"

 

"Are you willing to be Kim Eunji, Kim Myungsoo's beautiful wife?"

 

I smiled, looking at him through teary eyes.

 

"Yes."