Sungyeol - INFINITE

Imagination is Everything: Oneshot Request Shop [Busy]

M A K I N G    C O O K I E S

Lee Sungyeol    |    Jaesoo    |    Kim Sunggyu

requested by KpopLoverLella


 

The doorbell rang like it always did on a Saturday night, but even though I was expecting it, it still sent butterflies to my stomach. The fatigue that had been haunting my eyelids disappeared in a flash. A stupid grin made its way onto my face, despite the fact that my palms were starting to sweat like crazy.

 

I dashed to the little mirror in my bedroom, combing my hair and checking my face for any embarrassing traces of the chocolate I had been eating just minutes ago.

 

Okay, calm down. You can do this.

 

I let out a nervous squeal, before telling myself to breathe. I couldn't afford to faint before I even saw him, and I definitely couldn't afford to let him see me if I did.

 

I heard the door open, and greetings were exchanged. Both voices were deep, but I could clearly distinguish between them both. Just the sound of his voice made me flush, because damn, he was in my house!

 

I knew exactly what was going to happen next. Like always, he would come up the stairs to find me, before knocking on the door to my bedroom and greeting me.

 

Flustered, I paced around, not knowing what to do. I lay on the bed, facing the wall.

 

Nah, too casual.

 

I got up - not forgetting to fix my hair - and seated myself in the chair against the wardrobe. Only problem was it was facing the door.

 

If he walked in, he'd be greeted by a smiling girl sitting in a chair looking right at him.

 

Waay too creepy.

 

I stood up, and stared at my wardrobe. For a moment, I wondered whether I would fit inside.

 

What the heck? What are you even thinking about.

 

I heard the dull thud of footsteps getting louder, and I started panicking.

 

Think of something! Think! Think!

 

Screaming internally, I grabbed a random book off the floor, opened it, and sat down in the middle of my room, because I was just amazingly subtle.

 

He knocked on the door exactly three times, before opening it and peeking inside.

 

"Jaesoo?"

 

Pretending to only just notice he was here, I looked up, feigning delight.

 

"Sungyeol!"

 

In reality, I was ecstatic. But he didn't need to know that.

 

I closed my book, wincing when I realised I had been holding it upside down, before standing up.

 

"How's my favourite girl?" He extended his arms, giving me a gummy smile.

 

I could feel my heart pounding as I half walked, half skipped towards him. I threw my arms around his neck as best as I could. I was kind of short and, well, he was kind of tall.

 

He wrapped his long arms around my waist, picking me up off the floor with ease and swinging me around. I squealed, holding on tighter to him.

 

He laughed, before setting me back down. "I missed you."

 

My cheeks flushed pink.  "I missed you too."

 

A lot.

 

He chuckled, ruffling my hair. "Come on. Your brother's waiting for us downstairs."

 

He grabbed my hand, leading me out of my room and down the stairs. He probably knew the house as well as I did.

 

I grew nervous at the skinship, and all I could do was hope my palms wouldn't go all gross. The last thing I needed to do was put him off with my sweaty palms.

 

He let go of my hand when we reached the kitchen, where my brother had his head deep in a cupboard.

 

I felt my heart fall slightly when his hand retracted, but I was grateful all the same when I found my palm relatively dry.

 

"Hey, Jae." Sunggyu looked up from the drawers and smiled.

 

I gave him a small hug. "Hey, Gyu."

 

I looked at the things on the kitchen top.

 

"What're we doing today?" I asked no one in particular.

 

Sunggyu beamed, holding up a whisk he had just dug out. "Cookies!"

 

"Cookies!" I repeated stupidly, jumping up and down happily. He mimicked me, and we giggled.

 

When we'd calmed down, Sunggyu turned around to our forgotten guest.

 

"Sorry, Yeol. We have a thing for cookies." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

 

Sungyeol chuckled. "I can see that."

 

"So, we can have freshly-baked cookies, warm milk, and movies!" Sunggyu clapped his hands excitedly.

 

But that wasn't the end of his genius idea. "And then we can all crash in the living room! Bonding time!"

 

I choked on air, if that was even possible. "T-together?"

 

Sunggyu looked at me. "Yeah...why?"

 

"N-nothing."

 

Sungyeol coming over on a Saturday night was normal. It was part of me and my brother's daily routine. Him sleeping over was also normal. But what wasn't normal, was he usually slept in the guest room.

 

Never had we slept in the same room before, Sungyeol, my brother, and I.

 

I pretended to smile, though I was panicking inside.

 

What if I snored? What if I had an embarrassing sleeping habit? What if I look horrible when I wake up in the morning? What if I accidently roll onto him? What if I cuddle into him?!

 

Unknowingly, I scrunched up my face.

 

Then I hope the ground opens up and swallows me.

 

"Does the idea of sleeping with us disgust you that much?" Sungyeol asked me with a hint of amusement in his voice.

 

"N-no!" I said a bit too quickly. "I-I mean, y-yes! No, wait. I mean, no. Like, maybe, no, I don't mind. That's it! I don't mind."

 

Smooth.

 

He chucked. "Okay. Then it's settled."

 

He slung an arm around me and pushed me lightly towards the kitchen. Pretending to salute, he looked childishly at Sunggyu. "Tell us what to do, chef!"

 

Rolling his eyes, my brother pointed at the eggs. "Crack three."

 

"Three?!" I squinted at him. "Do you know how many batches that will make?!"

 

"Yeah," He gave me a lopsided grin. "Lots."

 

I stared at him, before breaking out into a wide smile as well. "The more the better!"

 

"It's merrier." My brother corrected me.

 

"You." I pointed at him with the whisk he'd placed on the table halfway through our conversation. "Be quiet."

 

Turning around before he could say anything, I walked over to the cupboard. Reaching up for the mixing bowl, only to find it was placed just too high for me to grab, I pouted in frustration.

 

Quite oblivious to the fact that there were two taller guys standing just a few feet away and watching me with sheer amusement, I jumped up to try for the bowl again.

 

I screamed when I nearly brought the whole cupboard down with me.

 

My back hit someone's chest, and a pair of arms slipped around me, steadying me on my two feet. I looked up to see Sungyeol's face staring at mine, concern written on his face but the suppressed smile still clearly evident.

 

"You okay?"

 

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as I nodded, quickly righting my posture. I stepped away from him, nodding and chuckling awkwardly.

 

He leaned over me, his tall stature enveloping my smaller one. My body grew stiff, and my pounding heart became more obvious.

 

I could smell the cologne he was wearing, and I caught myself taking deeper whiffs to try and work out what the fragrance reminded me of.

 

He easily grabbed the bowl and handed it over to me. "Here you go," He winked. "Shortie."

 

I scrunched up my nose.

 

Way to ruin the mood.

 

"Whatever." I grabbed the eggs, ignoring him and doing my own thing.

 

"I'm gonna use the bathroom."

 

"Whatever." I repeated.

 

He sauntered off to the bathroom, and I stopped cracking the eggs to watch his lanky figure disappear around the corner.

 

Although he could be annoying and childish at times, I still liked him. He made my heart beat in ways that weren't normal. He made me unnaturally nervous whenever he was around. He made m-

 

"You like him, don't you." A voice said in my ear.

 

Flinching, I turned around to face my brother. "What the heck?"

 

"Do you?" He blinked innocently at me.

 

Coughing awkwardly, I took a step back and went back to cracking the eggs. "N-no."

 

"Eyyy, do you think I wouldn't know when my baby sis' is in love."

 

I punched his arm in protest.

 

"I am not in love! It's just a crush!" I whined. Curious, I cocked my head. "But, how did you know?"

 

"Simple. You look at him like a love-struck puppy. Your eyes literally follow him wherever he goes, and I can practically see the looove shooting out of your eyes."

 

"How many times do I have to tell you? I am not in love! It's. Just. A. Crush!" I threw my hands up in the air, momentarily forgetting I had an egg in my hand.

 

Sunggyu ducked, just in case I let go of it. Chuckling, he grabbed my wrist and guided my hands back above the mixing bowl.

 

"I also know, because you just admitted it yourself. Loudly, and clearly. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Sungyeol knows about your crush on him now!" He yelled happily.

 

"Gyu!" I stomped my feet like a kid, pouting and desperately motioning for him to quiet down.

 

"It's okay. It's not like it's love. It's, what was it? Yes, it's just a crush!"

 

Raising the egg again, I threatened to throw it at him if he didn't be quiet. He raised his hands defensively.

 

"Okay, okay, okay. I'm sorry. Now put the egg down. Before you drop it."

 

I scowled.

 

"You know, I actually wouldn't mind if you dated Sungyeol. He might be a bit of a kid, but when it comes to girl-boy relationships, he's one of the only guys I'd trust to date my sister."

 

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes. "...Really?" I asked him skeptically.

 

He nodded. "Really. And as far as I know," He leaned in to whisper into my ear. "He likes you too."

 

The words sunk in, and my eyes widened. My heart sped up, and a million thoughts ran through my mind.

 

"R-r-really?!"

 

My brother chuckled. "Really."

 

I turned around to face him fully. "But, how do you know? What makes you think that?"

 

He pinched the bridge of my nose playfully. "That’s for me to know, and you to find out."

 

"Gyu!" I wanted answers, and I wanted them now.

 

"Why do you suppose he comes over so often?"

 

I blinked as I thought over his question. "How would I know?!"

 

He shrugged, before turning around and walking away.

 

"Hey!" I stumbled after him. "How do you know Sungyeol likes me?!"

 

There was a gasp from the doorway, and I stopped in my tracks to look at the person. My brother was next in line to gasp.

 

"Yah! Kim Sunggyu! You told her?!" Sungyeol screeched.

 

My brother chuckled nervously, before dashing past him and out the front door, screaming he'd forgotten the choc chips for the cookies.

 

The door slammed shut, leaving an extremely flustered Sungyeol standing in front of me. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking at the tiles of the kitchen floor.

 

After what seemed like an eternity of suffocating awkwardness, he cleared his throat. "W-well since you know already...I actually, well, I hadn't really thought of confessing to you like this. I-I was actually going to ask you out o-or something, but yeah…this happened."

 

I blinked, unable to process his outburst, though my body seemed to be understanding where this was going. With every passing second, my heart rate increased.

 

"Why do you come over so often?" I blurted out.

 

Taken aback, Sungyeol's eyes widened. "W-why?"

 

I nodded. "My brother asked me that."

 

"And...what did you say?"

 

I shrugged. "I said I didn't know…"

 

"Do you like me?" He suddenly asked.

 

"W-what?"

 

"I said, do you like me?" His nervousness suddenly vanished, and was replaced with a serious expression.

 

"Y-yeaah…?"

 

"Not friend-like, but...like-like…"

 

I blushed, my heart beating furiously now. "Y-yes." I squeaked out. 

 

Immediately, I looked down.

 

"Hey, don't be embarrassed." He said in a hushed voice.

 

"How? I just told you I liked  you. That's the most emba-"

 

"Hey, hey! Shhh. Why do you suppose I come over so often?"

 

I raised both my eyebrows at him. "I don't know! Why is everyone asking me that today?!"

 

He chuckled. "Do you want me to tell you, then?"

 

I bit my lip, nodding hesitantly. "...Yes…"

 

He stepped forward. "I come over because I miss you. I come over because I want to see you."

 

He placed a light kiss on my forehead, before smiling.

 

"I come over because I like you."