Chanyeol - EXO

Imagination is Everything: Oneshot Request Shop [Busy]

M Y S T E R Y    G I R L

Park Chanyeol    |    Aria    |    ft. Kim Jongin    |    ft. EXO

requested by mello_marshmallow


 

Chanyeol's POV

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

Kai sniggered.

 

"Chanyeol-ah!"

 

Baekyung joined in and sniggered as well.

 

"Chanyeol!"

 

Sehun chuckled with the other two.

 

"Park. Chan. Yeol!" Chen shouted in my ear.

 

I snapped out of my daze, before looking at my members. "What?"

 

They rolled their eyes in exasperation. Kris, the only one who was taller than me, whacked me lightly on the back of my head.

 

"Hey! What?!" I glared at him.

 

Tao looked up from his phone from where he was sitting on the couch. "You were busy dreaming about your sweet oo."

 

Kai chuckled, before reaching over to high-five him.

 

"I was not dreaming about her!" I crossed my arms.

 

All the members nodded sarcastically. "Sure, Chanyeol. Sure. Of course you weren't fantasizing and daydreaming about going on a date with her and-"

 

"Daydreaming? Who's daydreaming?" Suho walked in to the living room.

 

They pointed accusingly at me as I gawked at them. "About that chick in the trainee group."

 

"You know, the one they say has," Chen stood up, flipping his bangs and placing his hands on his hip. "Dark beauty." He bit his lips in a way that was anything but seductive.

 

The leader looked at me, shaking his head in mock disappointment. "Tsk. Thinking about Aria again, are we? Really, Chanyeol. You need to control yourself."

 

Everyone sniggered, Baekhyun guffawing. Even Kris smiled.

 

"Guys!" I whined. "This isn't fair! I was not thinking about her!"

 

"I was not thinking about her!" Baekhyun repeated, exaggerating my wild hand movements.

 

They laughed as I scowled and looked away.

 

They can think whatever they like! See if I care.

 

"Okay, let's cut him some slack." Kyungsoo interrupted the giggling fits.

 

I nodded, smiling triumphantly that someone was on my side.

 

"Otherwise," He continued. "He'll run to Aria crying like a baby, and tell her we've all been picking on him."

 

I punched his arm, the scowl now permanently implanted on my face. "I hate you."

 

Kyungsoo showed me a heart-shaped smile. "Aww, Yeollie. I love you too."

 

"Okay, okay. Really. I think that's enough." Kris stood up.

 

About time.

 

He turned to me. "What we were trying to tell you in the first place, was that we're gonna be going to the club. Did you want to come?"

 

"Club? Why? We're not busy?"

 

He shook his head. "I figured you kids needed some time to relax after a hectic schedule."

 

My mood brightened immediately. It was only a matter of time before I was back to the happy virus I was anyway.

 

"EXO will finally get to spend some time together. Coming?"

 

"Of course I'll go!" I was getting excited, but for a different reason. "Maybe Aria will be th-"

 

I stopped mid-sentence.

 

I did not just say that out loud.

 

Kai groaned.

 

Okay...maybe I did…

 

"Wow. Romance over bromance?" Sehun placed a hand over his heart, feigning hurt. "I'm cut."

 

"Whatever."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

The music blasted around the club, laughter, flirting, and drunken words in the atmosphere. We sat down on a large couch, though I wasn't paying much attention to their conversation.

 

I was focusing more on the free snacks on the table.

 

"Hey...isn't that...Aria?"

 

I distinctly heard Lay over the music, but it didn't process in my mind. I was too busy concentrating on evaluating the snacks.

 

"Hey."

 

Someone poked my elbow. Grunting, I elbowed them back.

 

"Yah."

 

They nudged me harder again, giving me a heart attack when I nearly dropped the snack bowl.

 

"What?!" I snapped, looking up.

 

Baekhyun only grinned mischievously at me. Chen motioned behind me with both his head and his eyebrows.

 

"What?" I trailed off.

 

"Your sweet oo." Tao wiggled his eyebrows.

 

Seriously! What was up with them and eyebrows?

 

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny guys." I rolled my eyes.

 

They shrugged, before returning to some pitiful argument over a game of scissors-paper-rock.

 

Fed up and wanting some space, I got up from my place on the couch and made my way over to an empty counter.

 

"You know they weren't joking, right?"

 

Kai slid into the seat beside me, a stupid grin on his face, seemingly oblivious to the fact that I wanted to be alone.

 

"If you're here to tease me, go aw-" I stopped mid-sentence, mouth gaping like a dying goldfish. I probably sounded like one too.

 

There, standing just a few metres away, was Aria.

 

She was at the club!

 

I could see her!

 

I was breathing in the same air as her!

 

Kai chuckled. "See? We tried telling you, but someone was like, 'very funny guys'."

 

His voice went up two octaves higher as he imitated me in an annoyingly squeaky voice.

 

"Shut up." I punched him without sparing him a glance, because I was busy staring at her.

 

I let out a content sigh.

 

Aria… Even her name was dreamy.

 

Kai's POV

 

I wrinkled my nose in disgust as I gave my friend a judgemental look. He was too busy staring at Aria with a love-struck expression to notice.

 

Every now and then, he'd giggle to himself. I shook my head.

 

"She's so...dreamy…" He giggled again, burying his face in his hands. "Oh, Chanyeol! You're so embarrassing!"

 

I gagged. Now he was talking to himself.

 

I groaned in exasperation. "Just go and talk to her, already! You're driving me nuts!"

 

"Talk to her...hmm? Yeah…" He said in a daze. He continued staring.

 

Honestly, it was becoming creepy.

 

"You know what? Ugh!" I threw my hands up in the air.

 

That's it.

 

Before he goes insane. And before I go insane.

 

I stormed off towards Aria, absent-mindedly muttering apologies to the groups of people I walked through.

 

"Hey, Aria."

 

The other members in her group looked at me, eyes widening in recognition. "K-Kai!"

 

I gave them a small smile, nodding in their direction.

 

"Um, Kai? You wanted...me?" Aria looked at me questioningly, unfazed by my appearance.

 

I was starting to understand why Chanyeol was so crazy over her. She was so...collected and...cool.

 

"Yeah." I extended a hand towards her. "May I have this dance?"

 

Aria's POV

 

My members more than happily pushed me in his direction, squealing like 6 year old girls when he steadied me.

 

"Unnie! Have fun!" They waved, grinning from ear to ear.

 

I sighed, looking back to face Kai. "Sorry about that."

 

I rested my hand on his shoulder as his found its place around my waist. "No," He smiled. "I should be sorry, just dragging you out like this. I didn't interrupt anything, did I?"

 

"Oh, no, no. You didn't. But...why…" I trailed off, unsure of what to say.

 

"I'm here with the rest of EXO. A little break. "

 

"Ahh…" I nodded, though I was still confused.

 

"One of my friends is crazy over you, but all he does is stare at you. Not creepily - well, that too - but he's too shy to talk to you."

 

"Let me guess. That's what he's been doing all night?"

 

He sighed. "Yes, and it's driving me nuts! That's why, I'm, you know...doing this."

 

"Hoping to irk him?"

 

"Yes."

 

I nodded in understanding. "If you don't mind me asking...which one is he?"

 

He smirked. "Oh, you'll be finding out very soon…"

 

Chanyeol's POV

 

Just what in the world was he thinking?

 

Kai was dancing with Aria!

 

My Aria!

 

I walked over to them and oh so subtly stumbled in between them.

 

"Oh, sorry, sorry!" I untangled my long limbs and looked up, pretending to be shocked. "Oh, Kai! Hello! I didn't see you!"

 

He snorted, and I shot daggers at him with my eyes.

 

Shut up!

 

I looked at Aria, standing there blankly. "S-s-sorry, Aria. I'm a little clumsy…"

 

"That's okay."

 

Kai leaned in. "Good luck getting the girl!" Instead of whispering, he more or less shouted it.

 

"Kai!" I elbowed him, but he just sniggered before skipping off.

 

I rubbed the back of my neck, turning back around to face Aria. The awkwardness was killing me.

 

She looked at me. "Ahh, you must be him."

 

"Him?" My heart started beating faster. Did she possibly...know who I was?

 

She nodded. "The one who stares at me all the time."

 

I chuckled nervously. "Stares? What? Who? No, I think you've got it wrong."

 

"Kai told me."

 

I froze.

 

That jerk! You better run while you have time, because if I ever lay my hands on you, you are so de-

 

"Don't worry. It's cute."

 

And then she smiled.

 

She smiled.

 

At me.

 

I just went to paradise.

 

"Y-you smile?!"

 

She laughed, and I went to heaven and came back the second time within seconds.

 

"Yes, I do."

 

"You're pretty when you smile." I blurted out.

 

"And I'm not when I don't smile?"

 

"N-no!" I panicked. "I m-mean, you look pretty all the time. Beautiful even. B-but when you smile, y-you're...b-breathtaking…" I gushed.

 

She chuckled, and I blushed when I realised what I'd just said.

 

"You're funny." She reached up to pinch my nose. "I like that."

 

You're different from what I imagined…

 

"Different? How?" She asked me.

 

I coughed, shocked that I'd said it out loud. "W-well, everyone thinks you're mysterious. No one seems to know anything about you. You don't seem to be someone who depends on others, nor do you seem to be easily approachable. You're like...an icy person. N-not that that's a bad thing! It's charming! It's just…"

 

"Is that what people think?"

 

I nodded, and she chuckled. "Then what do you think of me?"

 

"Um…"

 

She raised a hand. "I promise I won't be offended."

 

"You're a lot friendlier than I thought. In fact, you're easier to talk to than most people. And definitely not as annoying as some people."

 

Cough. Kai. Cough. Baekhyun. Cough. Chen.

 

"I see."

 

The song changed, and I saw her eyebrows lift themselves in pleasure.

 

Reaching out to grab my hand, she pulled me along to a relatively spacious part of the club.

 

"Let's dance."

 

Aria's POV

 

I realised Chanyeol was just standing there, gaping at me. Stopping momentarily, I grabbed his wrist, pulling him closer to me.

 

"Close your mouth before you swallow a fly." I pushed his jaw up, chuckling when he gulped.

 

"Relax." I said. "Just dance like you would when you're alone."

 

"Oh, I don't think you'd want to see that. It's embarrassing."

 

"It can't be that bad."

 

He laughed before wiggling his whole body, throwing his arms up in the air.

 

He looked like a monkey having a seizure. His limbs were long enough. His hair was wild enough. He was crazy enough. The only thing missing was a tail.

 

"Okay, okay. I believe you. You can stop now." I tried to supress my laughter.

 

"See! Even you find it embarrassing!"

 

I cracked a smile. "There, there. It's okay that you can't dance."

 

"Hey! Who said I couldn't dance!" He scowled.

 

"Me." I looked at him innocently.

 

"I can dance!"

 

A smile tugged at my lips when I heard the song change again.

 

How fitting.

 

"Show me."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

What started off as a playful battle soon turned into a harmonised dance. Instead of giving and receiving, we let go of our minds, focusing only on the beat and rhythm.

 

We let the music take over our body, losing ourselves dancing. The stress of our upcoming debut disappeared as I let the music control me.

 

In the past few months, dancing had become strenuous and physically and mentally draining. It almost became a chore.

 

It was refreshing to dance not out of increased training hours, but out of passion.

 

As the song lingered on its last few notes, my chest heaving from exhaustion and thrill, I looked over at Chanyeol, just as he turned to look at me.

 

It seemed like the world moved in slow motion, and I couldn't help but stare at him.

 

His bangs flicked out of his eyes.

 

Sweat dripped down his neck.

 

He was glowing.

 

"I know I'm y, but you don't have to stare at me like that." He stepped closer, chuckling.

 

I nearly choked on my saliva. "L-like you can t-talk."

 

"So you admit it! You were staring at me!"

 

I punched him lightly. "S-shut up…"

 

In one swift motion, he slipped an arm around me, pulling me closer towards him. I found myself in his embrace, dangerously close to his chest.

 

"But I don't mind." He whispered in my ear. "Not if it's you."

 

I found myself blushing, something I rarely did.

 

"W-what happened to the clumsy guy that couldn't dance?"

 

"Well what happened to the mysterious girl that didn't smile? Or stutter."

 

I scowled, still in his embrace.

 

He smiled.

 

"Don't worry. It's cute."