Chanyeol - EXO

Imagination is Everything: Oneshot Request Shop [Busy]

O P P O S I T E S    A T T R A C T

Park Chanyeol    |    Jung Soo Jung

requested by amusingmurdermachine


 

"Krystal."

 

My head perked up at my name.

 

"You'll be paired up with Chanyeol."

 

A wave of disappointment drifted through the class. Girls glared at me, jealous that I was chosen to work with Chanyeol.

 

I shrunk back slightly from their gazes. I didn't get why girls were so interested in him. Other than the fact that he was freakishly tall, he was just another guy.

 

The said person turned around in their chair to look at me. He smiled, waving slightly. He winked, causing the girls around me to squeal even if it wasn't directed at them. The teacher frowned.

 

"Park Chanyeol. I would appreciate it if you refrained from flirting in my lessons."

 

He shrugged at me, before turning to face the front of the room. I blinked twice at his back, before squinting in confusion.

 

Well...that was...weird…

 

I rolled my eyes, before turning my attention back to the teacher.

 

"This will be due next week."

 

The whole class groaned in protest. I felt my own heart sink a little too.

 

"But we have so much work on top of this!" One of my classmates voiced.

 

The teacher looked at him, smiling. "Then you'd better get started."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

I closed my locker, only to be shocked by the figure standing a foot away.

 

"You scared me...Chanyeol."

 

He smiled, before reaching out to take the stack of books in my hands.

 

"A-ah! What are you doing?"

 

Ignoring my question, he asked me the same thing. "What are you doing?"

 

"Going to the library to work." I tried to reach out for my books, but with his tall height, he held them far above my head.

 

"Good! I was going there too."

 

I gaped at him.

 

"Actually, let's work on our assignment. Since we're both here. Let's go!"

 

Grabbing me by the wrist, he tugged me along the corridor.

 

"C-Chanyeol! The library's the other way!"

 

"I know."

 

I stopped, confused. "Then where are you going?"

 

He smiled. "Your house."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

"So...what are we meant to do?"

 

I looked up, dumbfounded. "Weren't you listening in class?"

 

"I was."

 

"Then why are you asking?"

 

"Because I want to hear you talk more. I hardly ever hear your voice."

 

I blinked again at him.

 

He leaned forward, propping his head up with his hands. "You should talk more, you know? Stop being so shy."

 

I looked away, focusing on the books in front of me.

 

"U-uh, Chanyeol. We should really start on the assignment."

 

He shrugged. "Okay."

 

"Um, we need to do quite a bit of research. I only have one laptop, so if you want, you can use that. I have some books that I can look into, so th-"

 

I stopped when I noticed he was just staring at me. "Are you listening to me?"

 

He nodded.

 

I sighed. Deciding to leave him be, I walked out of my room. I distinctly remembered I had books on the topic, but I couldn't remember where they were.

 

"Krystal?"

 

Of course! I could ask my mother!

 

I went to find her, following her voice.

 

When I found her, she was putting on her shoes. "Yes?"

 

"I'm going out for a while to buy the groceries. Okay? I'll be back in an hour or so."

 

"Okay. Oh, and, mum? Do you remember all those historical books I had from a few years back? Do you know where they are?"

 

She looked up briefly at me, knitting her eyebrows together in thought. "I think they're down in the basement."

 

I nodded, thanking her.

 

"But be careful you don't lock yourself in. I haven't gotten the door fixed yet, and you can only open it from the outside."

 

"Mum! I'm not that clum-"

 

"Krystal! Where are you?!" A deep voice sing-songed.

 

My mother raised a questioning eyebrow. "Who's that?"

 

Out of nowhere, Chanyeol appeared in the corridor. His face lit up when he noticed me and my mother.

 

"There you are! I thought you'd disappeared on me!"

 

"Oh, Krystal! You brought a guy home! Who's this handsome man?"

 

He stopped in his tracks, pretending to just notice my mother. He let out a breath. "She's beautiful."

 

My mother giggled, and I looked at her judgingly.

 

For goodness sake, you are married!

 

He bowed. "Hello ma'am. I'm your daughter's boyfriend. It's nice to meet you."

 

My mother gasped in delight, clapping her hands.

 

"Chanyeol!" I hissed. "Mum! He's joking! He's not my boyfriend."

 

Her smile dropped.

 

"She's right." Chanyeol slung an arm around my shoulder. "I'm her soon-to-be-boyfriend."

 

Stepping away from him, I quickly pushed my mother out of the house.

 

"Mum! Go do your groceries now! Okay, love you, bye!"

 

"I'm leaving! I'm leaving!" She raised her hands to slow me down.

 

Thank you.

 

"Just don't do anything naughty while I'm gone." With a wink, she left the house.

 

I winced in embarrassment.

 

"I'm so sorry Chanyeol. My mum's like that to everyone."

 

He chuckled in amusement. "You both are so alike and unalike at the same time."

 

"How?"

 

"You're both blindingly beautiful, yet she's so outgoing, whereas you…" He trailed off.

 

"Me what?"

 

"You're like a wallflower."

 

"Do you mean it as a compliment or an insult?" I teased.

 

He leaned forward, a smile on his face. "I don't know. But even though you're quiet, when you're around, I only notice you."

 

Rolling my eyes, I pushed him away, making my way towards the basement.

 

For a moment, Chanyeol was flustered, but he quickly regained his composure and stumbled after me.

 

"I don't get it! Why don't my charms work on you?!"

 

I only turned around briefly to laugh at him. "What charms?"

 

He motioned himself. "This! Is this not already charming enough for you?"

 

I copied him, gesticulating his giant figure. "This? What about this?"

 

"Aren't I handsome?" He exclaimed.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

"Are you even slightly interested in me?"

 

"No."

 

"Are you interested in guys in general?"

 

"No."

 

"Then are you interested in girls?!"

 

"No!" I groaned. "Oh, please."

 

I pushed on the door to the basement, letting out a little grunt when it didn't budge.

 

"Oh, please." He mimicked me. Motioning for me to step aside, he rolled up his sleeves. "Let this handsome man do it."

 

He opened it easily enough. "Ladies first."

 

I walked in before him. "Thank you. And, Chanyeol, leave the door op-"

 

The door slammed shut, and I let out a squeal as the room plunged into darkness. Chanyeol burst out into laughter, pleased that he had scared me.

 

"Chanyeol! You big idiot! You just locked us in!" I exclaimed in his general direction.

 

His laughter slowly died down into a nervous chuckle.

 

"W-what? Can't we just open it?"

 

"No. This door can only be opened from the outside." I gritted my teeth.

 

"T-that's so stupid. W-well there's nothing we can do...right? Let's just t-turn on the lights and wait till your mum gets home."

 

"Chanyeol. The lights don't work."

 

"What?! What?! The lights don't work?!" He shouted.

 

"Chanyeol! Quiet down! It's just a little dark!"

 

He did the exact opposite, and only started screaming louder. "Exactly! It's dark!"

 

I gawked at him.

 

Park Chanyeol, the supposedly chick and collected hottie in our grade, was having a mental breakdown, screaming like a girl, right in front of me. Because it was dark.

 

He started banging on the door. "We're gonna dieeee!! Someone save us!"

 

How did I end up with him as my partner?

 

"Chanyeol. It's okaaay." But I was only drowned out by his wailing.

 

Giving up for now, I sat down and leaned against the wall and decided to wait until he calmed down.


Eventually he did, but not before effectively wearing out both his voice and himself. He slid to the ground, hugging his knees.

 

Slowly, I scooted over towards him. "Are you really that scared?"

 

He didn't answer, but he let out a sort of pitiful whimper. Hesitantly, I slung and arm around his shoulders. Almost immediately, he buried himself in my arms, and I choked on my own saliva in shock.

 

He was a lot taller than me, but the fact that I was the one holding him was almost laughable.

 

"There, there." I patted his back awkwardly.

 

 He appeared to calm down, but he seemed to have no intentions of leaving my arms any time soon.

 

"You can't tell anyone about this…" He mumbled into my shirt.

 

I chuckled. "Is that really your main concern right now?"

 

I couldn't see his face, but I could swear there was a scowl on it.

 

"I have a reputation."

 

"Okay." I simply said.

 

I sat there stiffly for the next few minutes, patting his back in an attempt to soothe him. Just as I was starting to relax, he sheepishly pulled his head out from my arms.

 

"Sorry…" He mumbled.

 

I laughed. "It's okay. I get scared too." I reached up and ruffled his hair. His dark brown eyes gazed back at me, affection clear in his eyes. I felt myself blush as my heart started to beat faster.

 

Catching myself, I pulled my hand back, clearing my throat. I started to stand up. "U-uh, I, I'll just go see i-if my mum's back."

 

I knew it was a stupid excuse, but at that moment, I just needed some distance. The last thing I wanted was to start crushing on him.

 

His hand shot out to grab my wrist. "N-no! I mean...j-just...stay."

 

I bit the bottom of my lip.

 

"Please?"

 

"...Okay."

 

I lowered myself back next to him, and we just sat in the silence and darkness of the basement. I fiddled with my fingers.

 

"So…" He started. "Do you think I'm handsome?"

 

"No."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Okay. Fine. Maybe you're a little good-looking. Bu-"

 

"Really?! You think I'm handsome?!" He said goofily.

 

"Hey! I never sai-"

 

"Krystal thinks I'm handsome! She's interested in me! I'm going to be her boyfriend soon!" He clapped his hands happily, singing some silly made-up song about us two.

 

"What?!" I groaned into my hands. This guy was hopeless.

 

He just would not keep quiet. He was much too hyper and bubbly. How in the world did he manage to become the 'iest' guy in our grade?

 

He was more like, the most childish guy in our grade.

 

"Hm, I wonder what your fan girls will think when they find out you're scared of the dark." I tapped my chin.

 

"Hey! Krystal! Are you blackmailing me right now?"

 

I shrugged.

 

"How could you! I never thought someone as innocent as you was capable of being so evil!" He pretended to cry.

 

"Oh, the things I could do." I sing-songed. "Should I make you buy me a life-time supply of chocolate? Or should I make you run down the street ?"

 

"Oh, wow. Krystal. I never thought you'd want to see me ." He smirked.

 

"I-I didn't mean it like that!"

 

"Don't worry. I get it. In fact...I can give you your own special preview." Slowly, he pulled up the bottom of his shirt.

 

Shrieking, I closed my eyes and turned my head the other way. I slapped blindly in his direction, satisfied when my hand met its target.

 

"Ow! Ow! Okay, okay! I get it! Stop!" He laughed.

 

"Not funny." Though I, too, was smiling.

 

"You started it!"

 

"No, you did!"

 

Although we both knew very well that, in fact, I had been the one who'd started it, I kept denying it just for the sake of bickering.

 

Because it meant we could keep talking. Which meant I could keep hearing his deep voice that did not fit with his face or personality.

 

But it fit with him himself, because he was weird.

 

But I liked him that way. And I wouldn't pay anything to change it.