Ravi - VIXX

Imagination is Everything: Oneshot Request Shop [Busy]

O P E R A T I O N    B E    A N N O Y I N G

Kim Wonshik    |    Park Shin Ae

requested by KeyChunDae


 

Ravi's POV

 

I wiped down the table, spreading a clean white cloth over the glossy black surface. I smoothed out the wrinkles, carefully setting down new plates, cups and cutlery, adjusting everything to the exact millimetre.

 

It had been hard enough to get a job, but somehow, I had managed to snag a decent one at a high-class restaurant as a waiter, where everything had to be of upmost quality.

 

I was broke and did not need to be losing the job any time soon over the fork being placed on the wrong side, or a crumpled napkin.

 

The black shoes pinched my toes, and the gel in my hair made it not only highly uncomfortable, but also immune to all weather. I was used to brushing my bangs out of my eyes, but with it sleeked back behind my ears, my forehead felt exposed.

 

I looked like a dork, and the OCD-ness of the place was shocking, but the pay was high, and it was a job. It was better than nothing.

 

Taking a step back, I bumped into someone. To add to my horror, the half-empty cup of coffee I was holding decided to take a dive and mark its territory not only on my shoes, but also on the dress of a passing customer.

 

I attempted to lunge for it, the porcelain cup brushing past my fingers almost mockingly, before shattering against the tiled floor. I stared at the pieces in shock, not really believing it was happening.

 

I did not just do that. I did not just bump into a customer, spill coffee on them and break the cup.

 

I turned around slightly, only to stop again at the sight of the dress. I was no fashionista, and I couldn't name the fabric, much less the colour of it, to save my life. But I knew one thing for sure.

 

That has got to be one hella expensive dress.

 

I saw my life flashing before my eyes, along with crazy dress prices. Money, money, money. I was so dead.

 

"Excuse me?" The voice was thick with disbelief.

 

I finally looked up, expecting the worst.

 

Long story short, the world hates me.

 

I gasped, eyes widening. "I am so sorry!" Standing before me was Park Shin Ae, the heir of the richest company in Asia.

 

I fumbled for the napkin in my front pocket, apologies tumbling out of my mouth.

 

"Don't touch me!" She reached down and slapped my hand away from her dress.

 

Making her annoyance obvious, she let out a grunt of disgust. Reaching into her little clutch bag, she pulled out a tissue with two fingers, but instead of cleaning the coffee stain, she wiped the hand that had slapped mine.

 

"Dirty peasants everywhere." She hissed under her breath.

 

Although I knew I was in the wrong, I couldn't help but grit my teeth. It had been accident, one that I should not have made. But I had, and I couldn't change it.

 

"It's not like I wanted to." I mumbled. "I'll take it home and clean it for you."

 

"Sorry?" She scoffed. "Do you know how much this dress is worth?"

 

I opened my mouth, but she cut me off. "You wouldn't be able to pay for it even if you did this shabby job everyday for the rest of your life 10 times over."

 

Playing the rich card. How absolutely pathetic. Not everyone was fortunate enough to be born into a family where money wasn't a problem.

 

"I know I probably couldn't. But I've already apologized. I've offered to clean your dress for you. What else do you want?" I struggled to keep my voice even.

 

"Do you have any idea who I am? I could ruin your life if I wanted to."

 

I took a deep breath. I was already in deep enough trouble, risking losing my job. I did not need to seal the deal by punching this girl's face.

 

"Shin Ae?" A deep voice came from behind me.

 

"G-grandfather…"

 

* * * * * * * *

 

I shuffled forward nervously, my dry lips and wiping my sweaty palms on my work pants.

 

"U-uh, you...called for me?"

 

"Ravi, was it?"

 

"Y-yes. Sir." I added hurriedly.

 

Said person chuckled, the corner of his eyes wrinkling. He waved a hand at the seat in front of his desk. "Sit."

 

I blinked a couple of times, not moving from where I stood a few feet away. He motioned towards it again, smiling.

 

"Please, do take a seat. Make yourself comfortable."

 

Comfortable? How could I make myself comfortable in the office of the richest company in Asia?

 

"N-no, Sir. It's okay." I dared to look at him in the eye.

 

He smiled, nodding. He coughed a little, before leaning forward, resting his elbows on his desk. "I heard about the little...episode you had with my granddaughter."

 

I immediately dropped my gaze, blushing furiously.

 

"Please do forgive her. She was particularly hot-headed today. She's not usually this snarky. But...from what she told me, you're the first person to have talked to her like you did today."

 

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me. It's just, it was, it was unfair. Being rich isn't everything."

 

My eyes widened when I realized what I'd said. "I d-didn't mean it like that- like, oh goodness. I'm so so sorry."

 

To my surprise, he just started laughing. "I like you. You're just the guy I need."

 

"S-sorry?"

 

"I love my granddaughter, and I'm just a big old softie around her. I don't have heart to scold her, but I know she's spoilt and, honestly," He looked around, before whispering, "A little rude."

 

He let out a sigh. "So I need someone to straighten her out, but it's hard, you know? She just has a way at charming people to get what she wants." He rolled his eyes. "Sometimes, I wish she could just live a normal life, where everything didn't revolve around money."

 

"She needs to get out there and live a little, but I don't want her learning all the wrong things by hanging out with the wrong people. I need someone who's strong, independent and not afraid of talking back to her, and you, are the perfect guy to do it. So, what do you say, Ravi? You up for teaching my granddaughter a thing or two?"

 

I blinked. This was an awfully odd and sudden request. But the thought of having Shin Ae in the palm of my hand was satisfying.

 

"What do I have to do?"

 

He looked at me, eyes sparkling with childish determination and mischief. "Anything you have to do."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Shin Ae's POV

 

"Shin Ae, meet your new friend." My grandfather beckoned me forward.

 

"I don’t need friends." I grumbled.

 

He winked at me. "Trust me. You'll love this one."

 

I sighed, entering the room. Lazily, I lifted an eyebrow at him. "Wh-"

 

My eyes landed on the boy smirking next to my grandfather. I felt my blood boil at the sight of him.

 

"It's you!" I shrieked, pointing a finger accusingly in his direction.

 

I glared, willing an invisible force to shoot out and knock him senseless against the wall. Actually, scrap that. It was going to take a lot more than that for someone as thick-headed as him.

 

Knock him through the wall and out of the building, down the twenty or so floors.

 

"I believe you've met him before."

 

My glare shifted from the freak-of-a-waiter to my grandfather. "Say hi. You're going to be hanging out with him a lot from now on."

 

"No. I am not." I looked back at the jerk, where my finger was still shooting out invisible bullets. "And you. The obnoxious, bratty, rude, loud-mouthed, littl-"

 

"It's nice to see you fancy me already." He cut in and bowed to my grandfather. "I'll be leaving first."

 

Walking towards me in a few easy strides, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the door. I struggled against his hold. "What the hell?! Let go of me! What are you doing?!"

 

He turned back to look at me, smiling. If I didn't know him better, I would've thought he was being genuine. But I did know him, and I knew that he was absolutely crazy. "We're going to get to know each other better. Do you like coffee?"

 

"No! Now let go!" I tried to twist his arm into an awkward position so he would have to let go of me, but I swear - the freak was made of rubber.

 

"You don't like coffee? Everybody likes coffee!" He looked at me with exaggerated shock.

 

"No, we're not going to have bonding time. Yes, I. Like. Coffee." With one final tug, I yanked my hand from his grip.

 

He was going to be the death of me.

 

He feigned hurt. "You don't want to bond with me? That's not very nice. What's wrong with me?"

 

"Everything." I gritted my teeth.

 

"Excuse me? I," He placed a hand daintily on his chest, "am fabulous, thank you very much."

 

"Fabulous my ." I waved my hands wildly. "Your arrogance, for one, is a problem. And so is your short temper. Your rude mouth. Your ugly clothes. Your annoying face. Your stupid gelled hair-"

 

"That, I agree with." He smirked, jabbing his rock-hard hair.

 

"-your suit. Your shoes. Your eyebrows. Everything! I hate it all!"

 

His smirk dropped, and for once, he looked genuinely confused. "Hey! What? What's wrong with my eyebrows?!"

 

"You're ridiculous!" I stomped on his foot, making sure I rendered him disabled for the next few days.

 

He yelped in pain, cradling his foot and hopping around on the other.

 

"You are so going to regret that later." He said through gritted teeth.

 

I sneered at him. "Oh, I'm so scared. What are you going to do? Spill coffee on me again?"

 

"Oh, you want me to?"

 

He turned around and made a left, disappearing from my sight. Confused, I stood there, not really knowing what to do.

 

I shook my head. What was I doing, waiting for him to come back? I should just dump him here. I turned around with a triumphant smile on my face before an obnoxious voice wiped it right off my face.

 

"Oi! You!"

 

I whipped around, ready to scream at him.

 

"One scalding hot coffee for Shin Ae!" He yelled.

 

That's when he started running at me, paper cup raised high up in the air above his head, screaming an unintelligible war cry.

 

"Oh, no you didn't."

 

He grinned, still racing towards me. "Oh, yes, I did."

 

"You wouldn't dare."

 

"Try me."

 

Finally letting loose a scream, I turned around and tried to put as much distance as I could between me and him. I didn't care that the people in the building were staring at us. I didn't care that I was screeching 'bloody murder' in daylight. 

 

Finding the one person I could trust, I weaved my way towards him. "Grandfather! Grandfather! He's trying to kill me!"

 

I grabbed him and hid behind his back, fighting back a smile, because Ravi was done for.

 

I heard his footsteps coming closer, until they slowed down to a stop.

 

"Oh, Ravi. Hello. And here, I was wondering who was after my Shin Ae." He pulled me out from behind me and gave me a little push in his direction. "Behave yourself, okay? Ravi, take care of her!"

 

I yelped as he walked away at an impressive speed for someone his age. I turned to face Ravi, who was still holding his cup of coffee.

 

"Take yourself and your coffee out, and away from my sight."

 

"Coffee? What coffee?" He looked at me innocently. "This is water."

 

"Wa-water?"

 

He took a sip, swishing it around in his mouth before spitting it back out into the cup slowly.

 

The drink was, indeed, just water. "You jerk!"

 

Smirking, he raised the cup mockingly at me. "Cheers!"

 

* * * * * * * *

 

"What are you?" I scowled. "My bodyguard?"

 

He shrugged, still walking beside me. "Somewhat. Not quite, but close."

 

Huffing, I stomped off, quickening my pace. I looked back, only to find him still right by me, easily keeping up with me.

 

"Can you not?!"

 

Apparently he was hired to keep me in check, but from the way he was acting, it seemed like he was hired to annoy the hell out of me 24/7.

 

For the past few weeks, he'd been following me wherever I went, effectively rocketing up the charts of world's number one killjoy at impressive speed.

 

"What is your problem?! Leave me alone!"

 

He gave me a lopsided grin. "Sorry. No can do."

 

I threw up my hands in frustration. "Then can you at least stay a few meters away from me?!"

 

"Why?" He stepped forward, his face inches apart from mine. I caught a whiff of his cologne, a strong and dizzying smell that seemed to seep into my pores and bloodstream. "Do I make you nervous?"

 

I froze as our eyes locked, his dark brown orbs staring into mine. His face softened, eyes warm and sincere. A smile danced along his lips, and he leaned in slowly, gaze traveling down the bridge of my nose and settling on my lips.

 

Apart from the time I'd insulted his eyebrows, this was the first time I'd seen him show an emotion other than cocky or full-blown annoying.

 

I swallowed, frozen to the spot. I tried to move, but I couldn't. My limbs failed to respond, lungs forgetting to breathe, eyes forgetting to blink.

 

My brain was starting to fail on me from the lack of oxygen. In my eyes, he was surrounded by a glow of white. I could almost see wings and a halo.

 

I could hear my heart thumping in my chest, ready to burst out at any moment.

 

He let out a sort of snort, lips rising into a smirk, snapping me out of my stupor. "So I do make you nervous."

 

The glow disappeared. Ravi looked at me in sheer amusement, and I nearly puked when I realized what I had been thinking.

 

Blinking several times, my face twisted in disgust, I took a clumsy step back, jabbing him in the chest with my index finger.

 

"N-no. W-what the heck. Stay away from me you ugly freak!"

 

Turning on my heel before he could see me blushing, I ran down the rest of the street.

 

Rapid heart beats. Flushing cheeks. Crazy thoughts.

 

There could only be one explanation for this...

 

He had drugged his cologne.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

I didn't know why, but I felt like crying. Nothing was wrong. I wasn't sick or hurt anywhere. I hadn't gotten into trouble or anything. It wasn't...that time of the month either.

 

I just felt...down and empty.

 

If I didn't do something to distract myself, I was afraid I would really just break down and start crying.

 

For a split second, Ravi popped up into my mind. A chuckle made its way past my lips as I made a face at the ridiculous thought. It was weird, how I'd become so used to his presence around me.

 

There was always something about it that had made me feel happier.

 

He gave me the one thing I grew up without. Attention. It made me feel appreciated.

 

Deciding to ride the wave of impulsiveness, I hopped up to my feet and set out to find Ravi. I found him in the small library in our house, nose buried in a book.

 

"H-hey…" I coughed a little, trying to gain his attention.

 

He kept his head down, eyebrows knitted together in concentration as he read his book. I scoffed.

 

Who knew he would read books.

 

I watched him as he read, slender fingers carefully turning each page, as if it was a living thing. Absent-mindedly, he would caress the spine, running a thumb over the edge of the cover. His mouth was slight apart, intrigued and lost in his own little world, where only he and the story existed.

 

He looked so content and so simple. When he wasn't annoying me, and in my face. He was gentle and sweet, features soft from curiosity and awe from the simple things in life.

 

A strange feeling overcame me, though I couldn't quite put a finger on it. It wasn't pity. It wasn't fascination either. It was almost...adoration.

 

Adoration for Ravi? Super messed up.

 

"Hey." I said a little louder.

 

His head snapped up, and I felt a little bad for disturbing him. His eyes landed on me, the look of surprise quickly becoming a sour look.

 

"What? Can't you see I'm busy?"

 

I scowled, all feelings of guilt disappearing. Why was he so annoying? Why was he such a jerk? Why? Why? W-

 

"If you're just going to stand there showcasing your ugly expressions, would you be so kind as to moving your oh-so-great presence somewhere else?" He rolled his eyes before looking back at his book.

 

"I'm just trying to...be nice." I whispered, choking on the last words. For some reason, his sharp comment had been the last straw.

 

I sniffed, trying not to cry because who the hell cries over a stupid insult that came from a loudmouthed brat? I stood there, dumbly, in the doorway, head down.

 

"Are you going to get-" He stopped mid-sentence.

 

I heard the scuffle of socks against carpet, as he stood up and moved towards me hesitantly. "Are you...okay? Hey…"

 

He leaned down slightly, but I tilted my head further away from him. I sniffed, swiping my eyes with the back of my hand.

 

"Are you crying?"

 

"No, I'm not. My eyes are taking a piss."

 

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to be so rude."

 

"Yes. You did." I shot back.

 

He was silent for a few seconds. "But I didn't mean it." Reaching for my chin, he tilted my head so that I was looking at him. With his thumbs, he wiped away my tears. "I'm sorry."

 

His fingers left a tickling sensation, goose bumps breaking out along my arms. His hands were warm against my skin, and with each feather-like caress, the emptiness in my heart seeped away.

 

I felt my face flushing with heat and my heart beating faster, stomach making nauseating flips.

 

He wrapped an arm awkwardly around my shoulder, bringing me into a hug, his hand patting my back with stiff motions. If that was his idea of 'soothing', then so be it.

 

For some reason, in his own charming...ly stupid way, it was working. I leaned against his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist before I could register it.

 

He cleared his throat, stepping back a little. "H-hey. You done crying? It makes me uncomfortable when girls cry."

 

Aaaaand back to his obnoxious self. I rubbed my nose one last time and sniffed ungracefully as he looked at me, disgusted.

 

"Whatever."

 

We stood in silence, not really knowing what to say. Now that I'd calmed down, I started feeling a little embarrassed about my outburst. I willed the ground to swallow me.

 

Let me just, you know...lie here and drown in a puddle of awkwardness.

 

Ravi cleared his throat. "So, uh. Why were you here in the first place? You wanted something?"

 

"Yeah. Um, about that," I scratched the back of my neck. "Doyouwannawatch…a movie?"

 

"Sorry, what?"

 

I looked at anything but him. "I said, doyouwannawatch a...movie?"

 

"A movie?"

 

I fidgeted with my fingers, embarrassed. "Yeah."

 

"When?"

 

"Now."

 

"Where?"

 

"Living room."

 

"What movie?"

 

"You can pick."

 

"With who?"

 

I threw my hands up in the air. "With me, dammit! Do you want to or not?!"

 

He chuckled, raising his hands. "Okay, okay. I'm coming."

 

I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the room, telling him to choose a movie and bring it with him. I settled myself on the couch, grabbing cushions and making myself comfortable.

 

Minutes later, Ravi came running down the stairs like a kid, holding a stack of movies in his hands. Curious, I watched as he bounded his way across the room towards the television, wondering why he was so happy.

 

Suspiciously, I glared at the discs. "Are we watching horror?"

 

He looked up at me briefly, before turning his attention back to the discs. "No, why? You want to?"

 

"N-no, no. Just...curious."

 

He snorted. "You're scared, aren't you."

 

I pulled a face as he walked back to the couch with a skip in his step. He settled beside me, grabbing a pillow and hugging it to his chest.


I sighed in defeat, drawing my legs up closer to myself to make more room for him, though inwardly, I was secretly happy.

 

I could get used to this. I felt like a simple girl, spending my time doing simple things with simple people. Well, as simple as it can get watching a cartoon with a twenty-one year old.

 

Sure, being rich was sweet. I could chuck money around, not having to worry about the prices and budgets and discounts. With money, I could do whatever I wanted.

 

But as I spent more time with Ravi, I came to realize even money had its limitations.

 

Money, no matter how much is spent, cannot buy true happiness.

 

It cannot buy true love either.

 

"Shin Ae?" Ravi's voice was deep and husky.

 

I felt a shiver run down my spine, heart beat increasing. I hummed in response, trying to act casual.

 

"Has anyone ever told you?" He turned to look at me, eyes soft.

 

I held my breath.

 

"You're really ugly when you cry."

 

* * * * * * * *

 

He tugged on my hands as he pulled me along. "Come on!"

 

"No, wait! Ravi!" I stumbled as I tried to grab our coats. "It's cold. You might get sick!"

 

"Oh you worrywart. Let's go!"

 

He dragged me out the door, my fingers missing the umbrella leaning against the wall.

 

"The umbrella!" I exclaimed. "We're gonna get wet!"

 

He grinned when he smelt the scent of rain. "That's the point." With a yelp of glee, he stepped into the rain with me, laughing happily and twirling around.

 

"Ravi, that's just weird. Add a skirt and you'll be a girl."

 

He turned around to face me, a scowl etched onto my face. His bangs were soaked and stuck to his forehead, but he didn't seem to care.

 

"If we get sick-" I started.

 

"Oh, I know you love me." He pulled my hands away from my head, where I was trying to create my own umbrella. "Since you're already wet, have fun!"

 

"If you hadn't dragged me out, I wouldn't be wet."

 

He took off, jumping from puddle to puddle, soaking his shoes and socks. He beckoned over at me and I sighed but went over regardless.

 

Pretty soon, the both of us were jumping around, squealing like 5 years olds as we tried to see who could make a bigger splash. Our clothes were soaked, and we had peeled off our shoes and socks because the squelching feeling that came with each step was just gross.

 

Running around in the rain, barefoot and carefree - this was true happiness. Laughing and talking as if we were the only people in the world - this was true happiness.

 

To think that just months ago, before Ravi had come into my life, I was indulging myself in materialistic pleasures.

 

I hadn't realized until now how much I had changed. Somehow, over three months, I had suddenly found myself wanting to be like him. Live like him.

 

Have a life where money was not something to be thrown around. Where happiness was not new clothes, but laughter and memories with friends.

 

I wanted to live life in all it's simplicity, and to it's fullest.

 

Ravi had walked into my heart and changed it for the better. He'd also unknowingly claimed his very own place in my heart.

 

I just hoped I had one in his.

 

"R-Ravi?" His name tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop it.

 

Ravi's POV

 

I felt like a child again, where nothing could stop me.

 

I watched Shin Ae, as she danced in the rain. Her locks of hair were soaked, rain drizzling down her face and dripping off her eyelashes. She was wet, but she didn't care. She was having fun. She was happy.

 

The smirk I used to have permanently on my face was long gone. Somewhere, between our time spent together, it had disappeared. Now, in its place, was an affectionate look, gaze always lingering a bit too long whenever it passed by her, lips curving upwards whenever I saw her.

 

Suddenly, she looked up, calling my name.

 

"Y-yeah?"

 

She looked at me, smile wavering a little. "Thank you…"

 

I cocked my head. "Thank you? For wh-"

 

She took off running, launching herself towards me. "Wow, careful there."

 

She slammed into me, wrapping her arms around my waist and burying her face in my chest. I felt the blood rising up to my cheeks, and my heart beat increased.

 

"Thank you," She said, her voice muffled. "Thank you, for showing me what true happiness is."

 

Shin Ae's POV

 

I inhaled his now-familiar cologne, the one that would announce his presence to everyone within a 5 meter radius, 10 if it was a windy day.

 

I was intoxicated by it, body alert and mind buzzing.

 

"Thank you, for showing me what true happiness is."

 

I had never been so sincere or grateful. Never been so glad and relieved I'd met someone. Never been so in love with someone.

 

Ravi wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him although there was no space left between us.

 

"No," He nuzzled his face into my hair, whispering softly. "Thank you, Shin Ae."

 

He pulled back and pecked me on the forehead. The world stopped revolving, and I stared at him in shock. Butterflies leapt into action in my stomach, heart pounding furiously, but all I could do was blink, wondering what was happening.

 

"Thanks for being that rude stuck-up girl when I first met you. Thanks for being so mean and fighting with me."

 

"Is this a confession?" I raised an eyebrow, then punched his chest playfully when he gave the tiniest of a nod. "Because it ."

 

He leaned in again and planted a soft kiss on my cheek, effectively shutting me up. "There's more. Thanks for screaming back at me when I screamed at you. Because if you hadn't been who you had been three months ago, I wouldn't be here right now, literally pouring my heart out in the rain. So, thank you, Shin Ae, for teaching me how to love someone, despite their flaws."

 

"Flaws? Excuse me?" I placed a hand on my chest, mimicking his words and actions from when we were still squabbling with each other. "I, am fabulous, thank you very much."

 

With a chuckle, I went on my tippy-toes, and pecked him on the lips.

 

He was shocked for a moment, before breaking out into a warm smile. "Way to ruin the mood."

 

Then, despite his words, he went in for a kiss.

 

 

 

A U T H O R ' S    C O R N E R                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ...

 

First of all, I am back from my unofficial hiatus! I am so sorry I disappeared for so long. OTL

 

But, anyway, you may or may not have noticed a few changes. I've changed the foreword and layout, and also, we have a new co-author, siennawells! Please welcome her and give her lots of love! Do look forward to her works! :)

 

 

~ ~ ~

someone_silly_XD