Be strong and don't falter

Torn

 

WARNING: HEAVY DRAMA AHEAD!

 

 

 

ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo

|  3 Days remaining till the wedding day  |

ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo

 

 

Why can’t I feel Jiyong? Even if he’s with me right now… it’s like he’s gone. What in the world happened to him? What’s gotten into him?!

 

 

Seunghyun’s tears felt hot in his cheeks as he looked at Jiyong, lifeless and motionless. At the pit of his stomach he felt awful but he doesn’t know what’s going on; he doesn’t have the slightest idea on what’s going on with his fiancé. He was scared at the sight right before him because it was already considered to be the day before their wedding and deep inside himself he knows that if Jiyong were to stay at this state the wedding would more likely be postponed.

 

 

He caressed those cold cheeks as he tried to feel the soul inside the puppet in front of him. Hoping to find a glint behind those far off eyes. “Ji… can you hear me? It’s me, Seunghyun… I’m here for you” he forced a smile despite the pain that kept growing in his heart. “Come on Ji… I’m not used to having the silent treatment on me…” he felt himself sunk deeper at the lack of response.

 

 

“Ji… I already told you I was sorry about the photo right… but if you want… you can punch me here and there, just don’t…. don’t be like this” he was now pleading. “What in the world happened? Why is he acting like he’s been left alone in a desolate island?” he questioned himself “Let’s go… its late, maybe all you need is rest” he ushered him towards the car but it also seemed that Jiyong’s limbs were also affected.

 

 It was as if he was holding onto a mannequin inside his arms; he had no other options but to carry Jiyong and place him at the front seat. Before Seunghyun entered the car, he decided to call Tae “Hey… I found him…” he meekly said, he tried his best not to sound as if he had just finished crying “That’s great man, where did you find him?” Seunghyun peered at the wind shield to see Jiyong looking blank and inanimate. “I found him at Namsan tower…”

 

 

This was the point that Tae felt odd “This isn’t what I expected when you find him, is there something wrong?” he asked right away “Honestly, there is… but I don’t know what went on. Can I meet you at Ji’s place and can you also inform Dae for me? Will be on our way really soon” his voice cracked a bit and it was more than enough reason for Tae to be there by his side at the very sound of his best friend at the verge of breaking down into tears. Well, more tears if he only knew.

 

 

 

“I’ll be there right away” was all that was said before the line was disconnected. Seunghyun needed to take a deep breath and mentally prepare himself for the drive because if didn’t, he felt like he might lose focus and cause an accident. He shuts his eyes and fisted his hand, hoping to will those bad thoughts away as he drives them.

 

 

 

When he felt himself ready for the ride, he made his way in and started the engine. That was the only thing that sounded at the whole place and that was the only thing that momentarily distracted him to the person sitting adjacent to him.

 

 

The whole ride back was silent as he had expected, he didn’t like silence between them because he loved the fact that Jiyong filled those dull moments in his life. He wasn’t used to being neglected, he only got that treatment when he did something wrong and knows in himself that he hadn’t committed anything wrong to him the whole day or the days before. It had crossed his mind that it maybe because of family… but then again, that would be a news he’d get to know as quick as Ji would.

 

 

Finance? That was unlikely since his father’s hotel is still intact and his soon to be father-in-law’s business had started to be coasting from its usual financial earnings. Could he be sick or something? Was it terminal? NO!

 

 

He gripped onto the steering wheel to push back those morbid thoughts. Jiyong isn’t sick and wouldn’t be that sick to the point that he doesn’t comply with anything or even react to anything. But there’s still something that’s causing him to feel this way… to feel pushed in the corner and left to die. I don’t know what to think of… I need his answer to solve this.

 

 

He glanced for a moment and still no movement from the other.

 

 

The very moment he had entered the compound, he carried him at his back and made their way back to his apartment. Although he was both physically and mentally tired with the search, he couldn’t feel the weight of the person behind him since his heart was weighed more at the very moment. It crippled him but he had to endure a bit more.

 

 

When he got to the right floor, Tae came rushing towards them when eyeshot. “What happened to him?” asking as he took Jiyong from him so he could let Hyun rest a bit. “I have no idea…” he softly replied. He felt as if the tears were threatening yet again to fall down his cheeks and he didn’t want that anymore.

 

 

Taeyang didn’t bother to pry at the time so he just brought Jiyong in and Dae popped out at the door. The worried look on Dae’s face was sure enough that he was itching for some answers.

 

 

Making his way inside the apartment felt tiresome. There was two things that was weighing his heart down, that was the dead look in Jiyong and the reason for Jiyong to be like that. When he saw Daesung busy accommodating Jiyong and as well as understanding the situation, Tae pulled him to the kitchen for them to talk it out because he knows that Seunghyun was wearing thin inside his heart. He always feels it when his friend is keeping it in him.

 

 

“Did something happened between you?” he carefully asked and Seunghyun didn’t spoke but shook his head as a no “Were there any signs that Ji was mad at you or something?” he looked at his friend, stern as he could be to answer “We made up after he punched me… after that it was like nothing happened” his voice trembled a bit.

 

 

“Seunghyun… I know you so I believe you. It’s just that… if you and Jiyong didn’t fight or there’s nothing that you did to make him turn like that then… I’m quite lost here” Hyun sighed and looked elsewhere. “I’ve looked back everything that occurred from this morning to the past few days but I don’t recall anything that would affect him so dreadfully like that”

 

 

 

A few seconds later, Dae made his way in the kitchen. A frown still in his face as he pulled out a glass and got some water from the fridge “How’s he doing?” Tae asked. Dae turned to them “Not good… he isn’t answering anything I ask nor he’s moving much. I think he’s also dehydrated so that’s why I’m getting some water” he then snapped his attention to Seunghyun “Can you try to think back further? I’ve known him for years and this is the first time I’ve ever seen him in that state” his words seem to have held back some of his inner anger because it shot Seunghyun right through the chest.

 

 

“Like I’ve said… there’s nothing that I’ve done or said to him. You saw how happy we were earlier this morning. I doubt that he was mad since he was laughing at my black eye the whole ride to the café” he clarified his innocence in the situation.

 

 

“We’re not getting anywhere with this so I suggest that you guys go home and take some rest while I look after him the whole night. Come back the first thing in the morning or somewhat when you’re not busy” he stated to them and made his way back but made one last call “There’s no need for all of us to over fatigue ourselves”

 

 

Tae go up from his seat and stood beside his downed friend “He’s right, let’s get some rest and come back in the morning” he patted Seunghyun’s shoulder. He nodded in response but didn’t budge from his seat. “I’ll be out front the door and waiting” he bid before saying his goodbye for the two in the living room.

 

 

As he sat alone in the kitchen, things kept running in his mind. Perhaps he had neglected something and that might’ve caused Jiyong to respond like that but no matter how much he looks back, there was nothing that was coming up as an answer to his baffling question the moment he found Jiyong again.

 

 

It was like a crank in his heart to not figure out what came to happen and it was certainly going to scar both of them if this isn’t resolved right away.

 

 

 

Meanwhile

 

 

 

Seung just got back to his place, tired, weary, eyes puffy and traces of tears still visible from the corners of his eyes and cheeks. He had fought his sub consciousness all the while when he was supposed to celebrate the crack in Seunghyun and Jiyong’s relationship prior to the upcoming wedding day. He’d lie to himself if it didn’t felt achieving at first but after a while it was torture.

 

 

 

He had been hurt before by his past relationships; he had gone through emotional pain all the way to recovery but the scar remains inside of him and right now a new wound had appeared but this time he was the reason for that wound to surface.

 

 

He wasn’t half way to his bedroom; his knees crumbled down yet again and his hands were the only support to prevent him from being slump the floor, he traces back at what happened to him at the rooftop. He felt pathetic and at the same time horrible. “How could I have done that to him?” his words hoarse with all the sobbing. “How could I have caused such a traumatizing impact in Jiyong’s life?”

 

 

 

It stung him to recall his actions, decisions and priorities just to be happy… just to be with Jiyong. “How can I be such a despicable person who still preach of love to someone that I’ve shun with a deep blow in the heart?” although he felt dry with all the crying from earlier, tears still steamed down his eyes, down to the floor. Remorse was the best description to his earlier actions.

 

 

 

His mind then remind him of the reason he wanted Jiyong.

 

 

He wanted him because he makes him smile effortlessly.

He loves him because he was someone that can easily understand him.

He loves him because whenever he’s with him, he doesn’t need anything else.

He loves him because he knows pain doesn’t exist around Jiyong.

He loves him because he could pour out his thoughts and not be judged.

He loves him because there wasn’t anyone who can match up to his personality.

He loves him because he thought him that in a short while, you can still love.

He loved him because he knows in himself that he’s the only one he needs.

That he was the only one that could fill up the void that had pained him.

Those were the few reasons he had for wanting him, for longing for him… for needing him.

 

 

He felt a forced smile reminiscing his reasons but it didn’t live long once the consequences for his actions appeared.

 

 

He loves him but he caused pain.

He loves him but it broke his trust.                           He loves him but he only ruined his life.

He loves him but he shattered him too much for him to handle.

 

 

He shuts his eyes hard as he could, gripping onto the ground as much as he could. He just wanted to be with him but it only backfired at him; to pushed Jiyong away from Seunghyun but also to the world.

 

 

The internal conflict went on throughout his entire night. Devouring him.

 

His thoughts were making him choose; be it up and be defiant with what you’ve caused or set the whole mistake right again. It was hard because he knows he can’t walk with a straight face if he knows he had done something to horrible to the person he loves and setting things right was difficult for him too since he now fears Jiyong to not forgive him.

 

It was a dire decision but one of them is surely the right answer to release him from the pain that’s happening inside his heart.

 

That night he cried himself to sleep on the floor, heart still impaled and mind still in chaos.

 

 

Dawn arrived

 

 

Daesung woke up from the lounge chair that was supposedly at the living room. He brought it to Jiyong’s room so he could be beside him just in case something were to happen or he were to at least speak up. He yawned when he saw Jiyong asleep. Through the night Jiyong didn’t even make a single nudge from where he was laid. He was just as he first saw him when he was returned.

 

 

He thought that maybe after some sleep he’d be able to recover a bit and explain what had happened because Daesung knows in himself that he’s not going to stop thinking about the main reason Jiyong went from lively to lifeless. He grazed a finger on Ji’s hair; he felt his friend so distant and it aches him inside. “I want you to be back to your old self again Ji… I miss your smile and laughter. Those crude remarks from time to time and that quirky way of having fun without any worries in life. I miss my best friend…” a tear swept down his eyes as he watched the guy sleep.

 

 

 

He then pulled away and fixed himself up, wiping the tear before another were to follow down. He took in a deep breath and made his way towards the bathroom; he stopped at his tracks the moment he heard the beep from the door lock. There Seunghyun came in with deep bags under his eyes and a weary set of eyes as well. “You should’ve slept more. I wasn’t going to leave him without anyone watching over him” Hyun shook his head.

 

 

“I couldn’t sleep all night… I felt guilty but I don’t know… no… I know that there wasn’t anything that I did wrong. I know inside myself that I wouldn’t come to have hurt him so deeply, I could never do that…” he looked at Daesung who wasn’t interrupting nor seem judge his explanation “I know you’ve seen how much I love and care for him. I promise… I’ll find the answer and fix everything that’s had happened”

 

 

Daesung sighed before fully facing him “You can’t fix everything that had happened now. You can only repair him to the point he’ll be on the road to recovery but, what had happened last night… I doubt that the scar that it had left would be fixed” Hyun looked away. Feeling worthless at the fact that he can’t amend the wound that struck Jiyong so deeply.

 

 

“But you can cover that scar with your love” Dae added and Hyun lifted his head to stare back at him “No matter how much I want to be angry with you and blame you with all that had happened to him… I can’t… because you’re right. I am a witness to how much you’ve truly loved my friend. Seeing you grieve so much about this is also hard for me because you’re the one that makes him happy… you’re the sole pillar for him to get back up his feet so… please…” his eyes began to tear up.

 

 

“Don’t lose hope on yourself… because Jiyong still needs you” he pleaded. Seunghyun couldn’t help but to sob; he needs to… so that once he goes in Jiyong’s room, he can face him with a smile and not a frown or a cry. Dae was right, he needs to be strong because the truth about love is that when you’re down, you don’t go all the way. You have your partner to lean on and stand right back again.

 

 

“Thank you… for believing me” he wiped those hot tears away and smiled. This time the smile was real. “That’s what I expect from you” Dae smiled back at him despite the tears that rolled freely down his cheeks.

 

 

After the talk, Daesung made his way to the bathroom to get himself ready for work while Seunghyun stood at the front of the bedroom door, still contemplating if he’s ready enough or was just acting like he’s ready. A tug from his heart made it hard to choose but as he hears the commending words said to him and it was all that it takes to clear up his mind.

 

 

Placing a hand on the knob and turning it. The click of the lock made his heart thump for a second but he knows he shouldn’t falter, because there’s no time to falter if the person you love most is drowning in despair. He kept a straight face and pushed through the door to bring his love back to the way he was. That’s right. Nothing mattered right now, because Jiyong is the only reason he needs to be strong and unwavering.

 

 

For Jiyong’s sake, he’ll bear the pain as he sees him so pained. For Jiyong’s sake, he’ll pull him back to his side and never let him go.

 

 

For Jiyong’s sake, he’ll be his shelter, through thick or thin.

 

 

As much as I wanna unravel the reason for this burden in Jiyong’s heart, I need to set that aside and pull him out of despair. He helped me realize that I can love this much and this time, it’s my turn to make him realize that we can conquer over this dilemma… together.

 

 

I’m having qualms about this decision… I’ve done wrong but I don’t want to lose Jiyong for good. Apologizing and setting things clear is far too risky but… it may be the only way for Jiyong to smile again. I’m scared of being dejected with what I’ve done but I’m terrified that Jiyong might drift away till no one can no longer reach out to him.

 

 

ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo

Howdey! It's been quite the distant from the other chapter (But i know the other chapters had much more distance from each other) 

Anyways, I hope I didn't disappoint at this chapter... I shoved all my angst and sorrow over this because I know that in a painful revelation, there's supposed to be someone that would mend those wounds and bring you back into shape. Although Seunghyun was the reason he was hurt, you'll see at the next chapter how much he'll also heal that damage made in his heart.

 

Also, I'd like to add up that the reason for it to still be 3 days is because (SPOILER ALERT) of Jiyong's current condition and the fact that a certain doubt came across his mind the moment he heard the recording that devestated him. Could Seunghyun clear that doubt? Perhaps... well, maybe you'll see in the next chapt or so~ :)



 


I love you all for reading, subbing and upvoting! Yeah to us and to our need for drama~! hehehe!