Amusingly awkward

Torn

 

 

I don’t know how, why, but right now… I’m inside Seunghyun’s car, I can’t believe myself for being in this situation. When I looked at his eyes, it felt inviting… I saw a warm side of him, I saw a hope that he might’ve spoken out the truth.

 

Ji just kept his eyes glued to the window, still he was lost in his thoughts, still in great wonder for what’s in stored for the day. Hyun on the other hand kept stealing glances when opportunity presents itself, even he was unable to comprehend that Ji agreed to come along with him.

 

Seunghyun was sitting at the couch waiting for Ji to come out, he was a bit troubled that Ji might not even dare to come out from his room and leave him waiting there for nothing. He was already gritting his teeth and gripping at the arm of the couch as the thought ran inside his head.

 

“I’m really going to clobber this guy if he doesn’t come out, I don’t like to be kept waiting” he then heard the door creek, his head immediately snapped to the direction. He saw Jiyong already done fixing up but he had a saddened expression in his face, something that’s quite unexpected.

 

“I-I don’t think this is a good idea… I have work today” he meekly said, Hyun brought out a smile and got up “That’s not a problem, I’ve already talked with your boss and he said he can call up someone to fill up for you” he assured.

 

“W-Why are you doing this…?” he felt uncertain to ask once more, but an urge to question it wasn’t refrained, “I want to try… to make this miserable thoughts I have turn into something worthwhile, things can’t always be certain but let me give it a try… and you should also” he walked closer to him.

 

Ji looked at him, still having a gloomy face “Let’s work things out between the both of us and be a pillar for one another” he gave a warm grin.

 

In a certain way, he’s not hard to persuade if you say the right words… actually he could be considered as someone gullible to fall for words but that’s fine. I’ll need all the frail point he has to have him… to make my suffering and his complete” he thought to himself as they drove around to where he planned on taking him.

 

“So…” Hyun felt the role of starting off a conversation, Ji didn’t even nudge, “Aren’t you wondering where we’re going? I’m sure it’s something that you’ll wonder about” he took glances yet again but nothing seemed to have fazed Ji’s thinking.

 

“Well, once we get there it’ll be quite a scene… I mean, you’ll somewhat adore it” he ignored Ji’s lack of response. When nothing came out from Ji, he sighed “When you came out of your room, all dressed and also telling me that you agreed on going along with me, you didn’t add that you’ll also neglect me all throughout the date”

 

He heard him take in a breath, “I… I’m still wondering why you wanted to date me all of a sudden. Somehow there’s a feeling inside of me that there’s something stirring…” he turned and looked at Hyun “Honestly I never hated anyone and I don’t plan on hating you till eternity either, but things like these are far too unfamiliar for me especially with someone I didn’t had a good start with”

 

He tried to understand what he meant, he thought about it until it hit him “So you’re referring to the fact that you didn’t had any relationship before I came in, is that it?”

 

Saddened with the truth Ji nodded, “Is there anything else you can reason out and not that kind of stuff, it’s not that convincing” he chuckled playfully but Ji didn’t shift into a smile, he stayed neutral. “Tell you what, if you enjoy this date… we’ll continue with this but…” Ji interjected “But if I don’t them let’s face the fact that we should just ignore each other when were alone”

 

Hyun had expected that from him, he smirked and nodded “Fine, but you’ll definitely regret agreeing with this waver. I know how to make people happy” he giggled. The conversation ended and once more the silence filled the whole car, not a single sound from either one of them. Only the sound of the road and the car.

 

After a few minutes they got to the place, “We’re here” he implied as he stopped the car. Ji looked around and it was the zoo. “Why go here?” he questioned, “Let’s have fun and not question my choice, besides I know you’ll adore the animals here” he grinned widely and unbuckled his seat belt.

 

Ji didn’t bother to fight over the place, somehow, he found it nice to see the zoo. He hadn’t been there ever since he was a kid. “Well… I better make the most out of it” he took a deep breath and got out of the car.

 

There wasn’t much people around since it was still early, but it was fine. Though the temperature was still rather cold, he was fortunate to bring along the jacket Ri gave him and as well as the scarf. He walked towards the entrance and saw Hyun waiting for him, he was still smiling brightly and it was creeping him out but it felt warm.

 

Why’s he smiling like that? Did he bumped his head or drugged himself last night?” he questioned inside his head, “Come on, I want to take a look around myself. Last time I’ve been here, I was still in grade school” he invited an arm in which Ji raised his brow with “Come on, grab on”

 

“You’re really not thinking of making me grab hold of your arm like were a couple aren’t you?” he asked the obvious “Not into it yet? Oh well, maybe once you feel comfortable with me” he shrugged the offer off and they got inside.

 

They first saw some monkeys, chimps, gorillas and some apes. “Oh… take a look on that one, aren’t his nostrils big enough for your hands to slip in” he pointed at the huge gorilla, Ji only smiled at the way Hyun acted like a child. Like he wasn’t the he met a few days ago. A person that he thought he’d never meet again.

 

“Hmm… wonder why prime apes adore eating bananas, I mean too much potassium could harden the stool” Ji’s eyes widened and tagged along with a disgust look “What in the world are you talking about… do you really have to be concerned with their poop?” Hyun laughed and wrapped his arm around Ji and gave him a half hug.

 

“Finally you spoke in a not so mellow and emo way” he teased, Ji smiled at the way he got fooled and struck an elbow on Hyun’s side but it was a light attack. “Oh… hey…” he playfully reacted, “Don’t get all too touchy feely with me” he warned in a tender way.

 

It was somewhat an easy atmosphere between them, it was like there was no tension building up at that moment. A passive feeling he just started to recognize, “Hey, where are you going?” he followed after Ji who was walking away, “I think I saw some tigers here” he walked faster.

 

“Hey wait up!” he was nearly left behind, “You’re not a sloth aren’t ya?” Ji joked for the first time. Hyun thought that maybe it was the cold or maybe some of the effects of his thinking but, when he saw Ji smile he felt a rush inside of him. Maybe it was because it was the first time he’d seen him like that or maybe just a pigment of his own imagination.

 

When Ji stopped and started looking at the tigers, his eyes didn’t left Ji’s back, he didn’t even felt like he’d blinked. “You know, when I hear a lion, a tiger or even a jaguar roar when I was a kid. I get so excited…” he spoke out but didn’t face Hyun.

 

Finally his eyes took a break and blinked, “W-Why’s that?” he was curious, “When I hear it, it’s like a sound that can raise a person’s moral. Kinda like the lion king, when they roar it shows their bravery and how fierce they are” he elaborated.

 

“That does make sense, but I enjoy hearing love birds chirp” he added and Ji turned in wonder why “You don’t look like a person who enjoys animals, but then again, you can never judge a book by its cover” he smiled at Ji’s response, “It’s because when you hear them chip, they’re not alone. They also sing along with their partner. They create a melody that shows how much their voices harmonizes with each other”

 

Ji nodded in agreement, “But that’s not all…” he took a breath and stood beside Ji who had to tilt his head in order to look at him “They can sing wonderfully because they sing it with the life time partner they have, a love between their melody that makes it so pleasant to hear” Ji shook his head and snickered.

 

Hyun found it unpleasing “Hey, what’s so funny with what I said” Ji recollected himself “With what you said, it was wonderful and heart-warming but as I looked at you, you seemed so…” he purposely stopped and made Hyun want to know.

 

“Seem what? Like an idiot? Like a poet? WHAT?” he really needed to know, “Oh… look Giraffes, come on” even before Seunghyun could cease Ji’s attempt to drop his question, Ji took hold of his wrist and dragged him. He felt a short jolt at the contact and as they walked towards the pen where the Giraffes were, he felt the tenderness of Ji’s grip.

 

What’s going on with you… it… it’s messing my head up… knock it off!” he refrained himself. They went around some more and took some pictures with their phone, there were laughter and some teasing moments but things were absolutely perfect.

 

Time went by in an instance and they felt hunger getting the best of them, they went into a nearby restaurant. It wasn’t too classy or too shabby, it was what you can consider decent to the moment they were having.

 

“So what’re you having?” Hyun asked while he too was still looking at the menu, “Rump roast and some mashed potatoes” he decided, “Hmm… sounds good, I’ll have the same then” they closed the menu they had and gave it to the waiter, “And for dessert I’ll have some Cream caramel… how ‘bout you?”

 

“Chocolate mousse please” he quickly replied and the waiter left, “You want to eat the mousse you saw and cover it chocolate?” he asked in a serious manner. Ji giggled “If I’d cover it up with chocolate would you care to give the first bite?” he daringly asked.

 

“No way, I’d prefer not having my face kicked or hoofed” he laughed. After the laughter between them, a moment of silence came. This time it wasn’t uncomfortable, it was fine. Ji then decided to look at his phone which was set in silent mode, while Hyun suddenly recalled what he needed to know earlier.

 

“About what I was about to ask earlier, I wanna know what it is” Ji knitted his brows, “And what may that be?” he seemed to forget, “Ugh… I think you’re starting to have an Alzheimer, it was when I told you about why I like hearing love birds chip”

 

Ji gave it a thought “Hmm… did I say something interesting that time? I don’t recall” he looked serious on not remembering, Hyun sighed and rolled his eyes, “You said that I seemed like something…” he reminded, “Seemed like something what?” he asked back.

 

“I wouldn’t know… you stopped right there” he was starting to get pissed, “I don’t recall… sorry” he gave a disappointing look, “Oh man, you need to take some memory improvement pills next time we meet” he felt it was useless.

 

He no longer bothered and let it rest, “By the way, who was the guy who helped you bring me to your place before” he brought out something else. It certainly got his attention “Oh… that, he’s a close friend of mine. He’s the reason why I have work up until now and why I still live in the apartment”

 

“He’s Kang Daesung, we’ve known each other for the past 4 years and we’ve been close ever since then. He might be flipped up but he’s quite a person. He’s very dependable and thoughtful, though he’s nosy and teasing in the worst way possible…” Hyun snickered at the way Ji frowned at the last part.

 

“He’s still that person you can lean on and talk to for some peace of mind. I’m lucky to have him beside me to help me out at most” Seunghyun nodded and took it all in “No offense here or whatsoever, but, have you looked at him in a different point of view?”

 

Ji didn’t understood what he meant “Like what? From behind or something?” he was really clueless. “No silly, I meant, if you ever felt different for him. You know, more than just a friend or a close friend. Have you felt love rose from your feelings when you have him around?” he got straight to the point.

 

Ji gave a surprising look with what he said, “Whoa… I must admit I love him like the dearest brother in the world but we never crossed to that point. Dae’s a playboy to clear it out and he’s literally playing around with boys, I’m more of a kid in his eyes that he has to babysit at most” he explained thoroughly.

 

“Well no need to be defensive, I just wanted to ask. It just seemed that you both have a close connection so I wondered” Ji gave a nod and looked down on the table. “Oh, here comes out meal… finally” he notified.

 

They ate peacefully, it was like they became friends at the moment. They forgot about their feud and just enjoyed the time they’re with together. It was a memorable moment, hell, it was a breakthrough in their book.

 

After they ate they went to the mall and looked around, Hyun offered to buy him some stuff but he refused. Each time they’d look at the stores Hyun would suggest stuff for him but stubbornly Ji would always decline. He didn’t like being given gifts all the time, even in Christmas he didn’t ask for anything.

 

It was until then they got to a fancy clothing store that Hyun set his foot down, “I’m buying you this and there’s no argument or whatever!” he concluded their debate, “But…” he tried to fight back, “No buts… I’ll ring this up and go look for something else if you’d like to” he went off and left Ji there without further fuss.

 

“You’re quite resilient… I didn’t even wore Ri’s watch” he told himself and took a look at the racks, he looked at the prices and boy it was a wallop “T-This clothes really cost this much?” he couldn’t believe the price range. It was until then Hyun got back with the clothes he bought. “Here” he handed out.

 

“How much did it cost?” he asked right away, “What?” he found Ji unbelievable, “How much did it cost… I want to know” he sternly repeated “You can either say thank you or thanks but how much? You’re really something else huh?” he chuckled.

 

“These stuff are too costly, I don’t like being bought with stuff like that and~” he wasn’t able to continue since Hyun shoved the bag at him “Don’t turn down my gift, if I decided on giving you something, just tell me head on if you want it or not, I don’t want to hear some rubbish about how much it is… isn’t a gift valuable because it’s given to you along with the thoughts? Don’t you even consider that?” he scolded.

 

He then turned and left Ji, he stayed there for a few seconds until he came to realise what he had said. “A gift is also a thought of a person who gives it to you…” he came to acknowledge. When he cleared things inside his head, he made his way out to the store and found Hyun waiting for him.

 

He approached him in slow steps, feeling embarrassed with the way he acted on the gift he was given with, “U-Umm… Sorry… I didn’t mean to offend you or anything” he apologized in a low tone. “Never mind, just don’t do that again… I don’t like being questioned with my gifts”

 

They then made their way around the mall, Ji still felt badly about his way of receiving things but what could he do, it was his nature to act like that. When they strolled around a bit longer, things went back to the way they were earlier. They started to talk at ease again and act like nothing happened.

 

It was starting to get dark when Ji decided to end the whole date, he had fun he must admit. It was far from what he’d imagine it to be but, it was a date worth considering. As Hyun drove them back to Ji’s apartment, he noticed him looking at the window in an enthusiastic way.

 

It was a different view, it was like Ji was no longer with him as he stared outside. He felt curious and looked at the same direction. He then noticed that Ji was looking intently at the Seoul tower’s well lit figure.

 

Without a word, he drove there. Ji got back to his senses when he felt the car stop in front of the tower, he looked at Hyun that made a smile “I thought you were going to bring me back home” he asked innocently, “I decided to make a little detour before that” he then invited him to get out.

 

Ji complied and followed after, “I noticed you were fond of looking at the tower, do you like the lights?” he smiled eagerly and nodded “It’s magnificent” he complimented, “It seems more than just the lights… you remember something else?” it was quite unexpected that Hyun would notice.

 

“Well… it’s just something that I feel when I see Seoul tower in winter, maybe one day I’ll come to tell you about it. But right now, thank you so much for this day. I really appreciate this a lot” he bowed, “It’s nothing… oh wait” he rushed to the car and took out the gift he bought earlier.

 

“Take the jacket off and the scarf, I want to see you use these” he requested, “Umm… well…” he wanted to protest but Hyun already started stripping the scarf off. He tried to put up a little bit of resistance but it resulted on having Hyun’s hand being tied down by the scarf.

 

As Hyun tugged Ji felt like he was being strangled, “I-I’m not enjoying this…” he tried to free himself from the dreadful cloth that was constricting his windpipe “It wouldn’t be like this if you’d just stayed still” he reminded.

 

“Wait… uh…” he then tugged roughly and pulled Hyun. It was a shocking state but at the same time, it was captivating. Their faces were both right in front of each other and their breaths brushing on each other’s faces. Warmth of their bodies were radiating and keeping the cold away from them, away from the heat of their moment. A moment of fluttering emotions that they’ve yet to understand.

 

Their eyes scanned each other, looking at the details. It was like no other, in Hyun’s thought. He didn’t imagine that Jiyong had good complexion, a well-shaped nose, fine and reddish pair of lips and tantalizing eyes.

 

They stayed still like that for a few minutes, not noticing a few people looking at them with judging looks. Well there’s nothing to be ashamed of anyways, they’ll marry sooner or later and there’s nothing wrong if they’d be like that but, nothing mattered in that moment. Nothing bothered them nor came across their head.

 

It was like they were the only people in the place. For what had seemed like an hour, they finally snapped out of the state and broke out from the clutches of the scarf that Ji wore. They faced away from each other out of the sudden realization that they’d stared each other like that for quite a while.

 

W-What the hell… what in the world was that? What was the odd feeling…? Aigoo… you’re going to go nuts Seunghyun, don’t you dare do that… don’t… just don’t.

 

Why was his eyes looking at me like that? Why did it felt like time froze and that everything vanished? Why was I trying to picture the way his face looked like?

 

After composing themselves back to normal, “I-I think I should take you home now, y-you must be tired…” he stutteringly spoke, “Umm… s-sure… yeah, I’m q-quite tired…” he agreed but spoke in the same way Hyun did.

 

When they got to the apartment, Ji thought that Hyun was going to leave the moment he got out of the car but, he didn’t. He too got out and accompanied him until he got to his door. “Here” he handed out the winter clothes he bought.

 

Ji accepted it and gave a short bow, “Thanks… and about today, it was wonderful” Hyun brought out a grin, “Likewise” they both didn’t know what to say after that, they continued to look around and preventing their eyes to meet. It was rather awkward but it didn’t felt disturbing, uneasy or whatsoever. It was a fine feeling.

 

When Seunghyun’s phone vibrated he finally found the queue to bid himself off, “T-This must be Tae… I’d better be going now” he excused, but before Hyun could leave “I’ll accept the next invitation then” he implied and Hyun had to turn around and take a look at Ji’s face.

 

“R-Really?” he couldn’t fathom. With a simple nod it was defined, “Goodnight then” he waved off before he got inside. Seunghyun had to take in what had happened, he didn’t thought things would go flawlessly like that that Ji would anticipate for another date.

 

“Good… I somehow got a foothold… I just need to be consistent in wooing him, that’s all I need to do” but even under the circumstances that he felt a foreign emotion building up, his plot still remained prior. It was still the reason for his persuasion.

 

But there’s a hidden flaw inside that plan he has, a flaw that will somehow toy with him at the right moment.

 

Meanwhile

 

Ji was still struck by the whole event, he was still reviewing the whole thing inside his head. How he laughed and joked like Seunghyun became a friend, how he felt careless at the fact that he hated him once that he laid down the rules of not having any type of ties, any bonds, any connection and any affiliations with each other.

 

It was odd to be feeling something like that but Ji found it nice to get along with him, he knew a portion of Hyun at that span of time, a kind side of him. “About the way you seemed earlier… I wouldn’t want you to know how you looked at that moment, not yet that is

 

He smiled and went to his bedroom, he pulled out the scarf and the jacket he got from him. He also noticed a small note inside, “I don’t like the color of the scarf and the design of the jacket doesn’t suit you, just wear these next time” he read out, and he couldn’t help but to giggle at the ticklish feeling after reading it.

 

It was fantastic to read something like that, but it also felt unfair. It was Seung Ri’s first gift to him, the first items that he receive on the day they’ve met. It wouldn’t be nice to just neglect the gift a good guy like him, so he thought that if he’d be with Seunghyun he’d wear the one’s he bought for him and if he’d be with Seung Ri he’d wear them.

 

He thought it was a great idea but coming across Ri, he recalled about telling him the truth. About informing him of his soon to be life with Seunghyun, how they must set a limit in their relationship.

 

I’m going to go crazy… I think I’ll have to prepare myself on the day Ri comes back from the states… I don’t like this at all thought…

Things are going according to plan, except for the whole stare off thing… but none the less, I’m seeing a silver lining in this storm I’m in.

 

Has fate really fiddled with me that things are starting to get messy in my life? Seung Ri… I’m sorry, I’m terribly sorry for not telling you right away and Seunghyun… thank you for showing me that you’re a person that I can also trust and feel comfy with.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

So… I made this as a first impact for the both of them. Though it may seem that Ji’s captivated, please don’t assume quickly, you’ll definitely see Ji’s true attitude at further chapters.

 

I hope it that this chapter satisfied you guys… >.< thought it’s obvious that there’s a stirring feeling between them, both of them are too naïve to understand that it’s a seed of love between them. Also, about Ji, to be frank with you guys… he’s already attracted to Ri in a way that his thoughts at teetering between like and love, he’s still in the verge of understanding it but they already had a blooming relationship to begin with.

 

More GTOP moments at the next chapter, and also thanks so much for continuing your reading with this story. I’m very grateful for each and every one of you :D thank you so much. I’ll do my best to provide suitable chapters for all of you :) !