A silver lining

Torn

 

There’s got to be a way for everything to be back to the way it was, to the way that there’s nothing threatening me and Seunghyun… I could never imagine this to happen nor would I let it go to this point but, after what me and Seunghyun had been through… there’s not a chance in the world that I’d let our relationship dissipate in an instant.

 

Jiyong just got off from work and sat there in his couch thinking thoroughly about what went on earlier that morning. It was a complete disaster in his point of view. He thought that he should’ve shoved him back the moment he drew close or maybe he should’ve gotten mad and drove him off but nothing could be done as Seung Ri did his deed.

 

“How am I going to live through with this… it’s driving me mad the whole day and even at work… damn it” he gritted his teeth and yanked a handful of hair. If he wasn’t so stressed out, he would’ve felt the pain, but nothing was distracting him from the whole scenario.

 

A few seconds later, his phone rang and startled him. He took a breath before coming down to his senses. As he got the phone, he saw Seunghyun’s caller ID. “God, please let me be able to talk with him about this…” he took a deep breath and swiped to answer the call. “Hey, what took you so long to pick up” Hyun’s voice was gentle and caring, something he grew to adore more and more.

 

“I… I was about to change since… I just got home… h-how was your day?” he mumbled out, though it was obvious that he sounded like he was shaking. Seunghyun brushed off the thought. “Hassle the moment I stepped inside the office. I never really understood my dad before because my full expectation was he was only signing approvals and stuff but darn… now I wonder how he lived through it” he sounded fine and happy, clearly he knows that Hyun misses him and likewise in his thought.

 

“You sound awful but the tone of your voice seems a bit more sturdy to be complaining” he felt his worries somehow slowly diminishing. “Hey, what can I say? The sound of my boyfriend’s voice seems to be the source of my strength and energy right now…” he paused for a moment and Ji enveloped himself at the time.

 

“I missed you so much…” Hyun followed on and in which made Ji smile, “I miss seeing your face… I miss touching your hands and fiddle your fingers with mine… I want to have my arms around you and rest my chin at your shoulder and whisper cheesy stuff that I don’t know…” Ji giggled and nearly did Hyun but he stopped himself into doing so, “I miss your lips… I miss the way it feels when it’s with mine… I’m not used to being away from you for this long”

 

Hyun’s voice sounded like he was pleading and Ji found it adorable, “Me too… having you around almost every day of the week seems to be taking a toll over the both of us. I want my boyfriend to be here right now with me…” he whined cutely, “You took the words out of my mouth” Hyun implied.

 

“Are you still at the office? It’s nearly 6 in the evening” he looked at the wall clock, “I’d be lying if I say that I’m on my way out, so technically, yes I’m still in the office but I’m going to be done once Tae comes back with the documents that I need to review for tomorrow…” he then sounded beat and bored.

 

“Hmm… this is something… Seunghyun’s working hard, I found it quite unpredictable” both of them snickered at that. “As much as I want to tell Tae to do it on his own and rush down to the parking lot to drive down there to your place and have you there and there, I just can’t leave the poor alone couldn’t I? And you know firsthand that he’s also a nagging one” Ji nodded.

 

“I don’t think that’ll be a good excuse… for punishment, you’ll be the one cooking tonight once you get here” he deliberately wanted to escape kitchen duty, “Sounds perfect for a punishment but…” he trailed off, “But what?”

 

“I’m so tired right now that I’m feeling my arms would fall off the moment I stand up from my seat, hell, I also feel my cramping like there’s no tomorrow… can I just buy something out tonight before I get there?” he was hopefully pleading.

 

Ji hummed to show that he was taking a thought about it, “I don’t know… maybe some white spaghetti and some short cake would do” Hyun practically laugh the moment he heard the order. “Of course, anything my Jiyong wants…” for a moment, the silence felt endearing. They just let themselves get indulge into the love they have for each other.

 

Truly it seems so too perfect, “I can’t wait to see you” Hyun broke the silence. “Ditto” they chuckled, “See you”

 

The moment they heard the other line disconnected, they felt their heart beat go array. They both seemed to have longed the sensation, the wild feeling stirring inside their veins much like it did everyday they were just snuggling each other in each other’s arms. Finally they felt content within that day.

 

Jiyong was so glad to hear Seunghyun’s voice again that he hastily fixed up the dining table and pulled out some candle lights for the make of the mood. He joyfully placed the plates and the utensils down and imagined a romantic dinner date with Seunghyun. It was like falling in love all over again.

 

At that joyous moment, his fear on what may come tomorrow completely left him. All his mind was set was all about Seunghyun’s arrival. Just him and Seunghyun, that was all that was needed in order for him to just completely forget that Seung Ri is just around the corner.

 

After a few minutes of waiting, he heard the door open and quickly he rushed to the door. “Welcome back” he gladly greeted Hyun with the take out hanging at one hand. “Woo… someone looks dashing in his office attire…” he complimented and walked towards Hyun. They looked at each other first with those longing eyes and that loving expression in their faces.

 

“I miss you so much…”

 

“I though this day would end without me seeing you” Ji added.

 

“Like I’d let that happen…” he creased Ji’s cheek and Ji felt the jolt of electricity yet again the moment Hyun’s finger brushed his skin.

 

“You know… any minute longer, I would’ve drove to your office and pick you up myself” Hyun chuckled, “Then you wouldn’t be able to see me there… I had to find a good Italian restaurant just to quench that expectation of yours”

 

“Mind the food… I find what’s in front of me right now a lot more important” he placed his hands on Hyun’s shoulders and tipped to his toes to kiss. The very moment their lips met yet again felt like fireworks and that it was like their very first. They didn’t know they could long that much just for one day apart.

 

When Seunghyun pulled away, they didn’t felt the need for words. They just smiled at each other and went to the kitchen to get ready. Everything was all said and done.

 

“Hmm… smell like the one we tried out” he said as he took a whiff before placing it on the plate. “I knew you liked it the moment we ate there” he mused, “Anyways… how’s your day. I forgot to ask by the phone” for a moment, Ji couldn’t recall. “It was same as before, just the usual amount of customers” he simply told and laid the food.

 

“Wow… I never really thought that my boyfriend would be this romantic after my first day at work. I guess I should work more often now” he joked after Ji lit the candles and turned off the kitchen lights, “Just go along with it because it’s not always like that” Hyun nodded.

 

They talked endlessly as if it was their first time seeing each other again. Inside Jiyong’s head, this was something that’s worth cherish.

 

After a while, they found themselves snuggled down on the living room couch with a random movie that the both of them just happened to agree watching. Jiyong rested his head on Seunghyun’s chest while he has his hands on the arms that were around him. He felt wondrous to have and feel Seunghyun that moment. Just the beat of Hyun’s heart behind him and his arms carefully holding onto him.

 

“Ji… I have to go” Hyun whispered gently behind his ear, “I’m still watching… get up later when I fall asleep” he muttered out in his daze, “Ji… I have work tomorrow” he added as he hoped Ji would get up. Ji grunted inaudibly and shuffled himself a bit, “Then leave early in the morning”

 

Hyun huffed out a giggle, “As much as I want to have a sleep over here, I need to finish off with the meeting for tomorrow. You wouldn’t want your boyfriend to make a mistake at that time wouldn’t you?” he heard Ji sigh, “That would be wonderful” he sarcastically spoke.

 

“Come on… I’ll make it up to you” he kissed up and pressing his nose onto Ji’s hair. “Fine… if it’s that important” he slowly got up, “Are you pissed?” Hyun somehow felt like Ji really was. “No… just, disappointed” he got himself up and embraced Ji again. “Pissed that I’m not staying for the night?” Ji shook his head.

 

“Then what could make my Jiyong act like this?” he asked out tenderly “Nothing… I guess…” he couldn’t say truthfully that he was afraid that Seung Ri might do something. “I guess I’m just tired… that’s all” he reasoned out. There was an eerie feeling that he couldn’t quite explain the moment he heard Ji talk like that.

 

“Is there something in your mind?” he carefully asked as a short period of silence took place. Lost with the thoughts, Ji didn’t heard the question. “Hey… is something going on?” he asked again and made a light squeeze on Ji’s arms, it worked as Ji got back to reality. “Oh… um… yeah, I’m… I’m alright. You better get going before… it gets any later”

 

“Something’s wrong now isn’t there?” he asked straight on “N-No… I’m totally fine… just tired. Tell you what, I’ll show you that everything’s okay by tomorrow. So at the meantime, let’s just rest and forget this” he smiled forcefully enough to cover up the stress inside his head.

 

Hyun took a breather and nodded. “Well then… I better be going…” they both got up and Hyun took Ji’s face on his hands “Then sleep well tonight and I’ll certainly make up for this tomorrow, I love you…” he kissed Ji’s lips tenderly before drawing back. “You too… careful~” he paused the moment he realize what Hyun had told him.

 

A wave of unexplainable joy surged throughout his body. He watched the smile and the certain look on Seunghyun’s face that he truly meant it. “I love you…” he whispered yet again and this time, Ji wasn’t just hearing things. He couldn’t helped himself to grab onto Seunghyun and express how much he loved what he had heard. “I can’t believe I’m hearing this…” he mumbled.

 

“Sorry… for not saying it even though it was obvious that you were longing for it” he humbly said and with that it made Ji teary. It wasn’t romantic, it wasn’t at a wonderful scenery or anything dazzling but, it was said purely with love and emotion.

 

“It’s more than enough that I was able to hear that word come out of your mouth” he kid but the joy was far too overwhelming “Be strong for me alright?” he whispered to Ji they embraced. It was inevitable that Seunghyun were to sense it. “As long as you’re with me… I’ll be” he told him back.

 

After a few minutes of basking at the moment, they felt the night fall down on them. “Alright now, it’s late at night scurry off to your bed” Ji smirked at him and pinched Hyun’s cheek, “Aw… Seunghyunnie became overly affectionate…” he cutely spoke and Hyun could only smile brightly. “I’ll see you tomorrow then” Ji bid off and accompanied him towards the door. When they got there, Ji gave one last peck on Hyun’s cheek before letting him off for the night.

 

Both of them waved at each other and without words they told their late farewells for the night.

 

At that very evening

 

“It’s been awhile ever since I’ve seen your caller ID in my phone. Is there something you need to talk about?” a teasing voice spoke at the other end of Seung Ri’s phone. “Let’s say thing ought to be shaken up back to the way it’s really supposed to be” he grinned.

 

“I don’t know if I’ll be into this or not, I’m quite the busy bee lately” she coly told, “Busy with flirting with someone? You’re not that kind of woman who turns down a friend that’s in dire need” the woman chuckled. “If you put it that way… I could rearrange my schedule for the sake of your personal problem”

 

“I knew I could count on you…” he tapped his finger on his table, “Listen, it’ll be something quite exquisite that even you wouldn’t turn down” she felt intrigued and taken in by the mystery of her task. “How ‘bout playing with Seunghyun before his wedding day? I think my cousin could use some fun time before the day he gets tied up and you’re the perfect present to make him all jump in joy”

 

“You’re seriously asking me to get in between your cousin and his fiancé? This is a turnabout. The last time I seen the both of you, you hardly let a mosquito near his skin and now you want me to mess with his engagement?” she was obviously stirred up by the scenario.

 

“I certainly don’t… but I just want to make things more lively and full of excitement. Let’s just say that I’m looking for a little collateral damage after the whole thing comes to an end in that engagement…” she felt how Seung Ri’s words sounded so twisted. “Don’t be startled with what you’re hearing… it’ll be a great thing for the both of us…”

 

“All I need is Seunghyun’s partner that’s all… after that, there’ll be a certain chance that you’ll be the light in his dark and pained moment. The ending would be spectacular, I’ll end up with the person I want and you’ll be with Seunghyun… easily said… but we need to be well coordinated to get this into motion”

 

A moment of silence as she tries to think about it carefully, “You’ve longed for him more than anyone that I could ever think of, don’t let this chance slip away” he really wanted her to take in the bait, to taint her mind into accepting his evil ploy.

 

“I…” she felt uncertain into answering the offer, “Well… even without your help I’ll be able to go along with this plan of mine, I just held some sympathy for you since I know how much you like him… well, it’s no waste, I can still find someone else to~” he was cut off “I’ll do it…” she quickly answered.

 

Hearing those words made Seung Ri smile brightly. “For a moment there, I almost thought you’d leave the offer alone and regret it for the rest of your life… but I guess you’ve come to your senses” she really felt uncertain at the whole plan, “May I ask why you’re doing this?” coughed up a chuckle, “Just for the sake of having what I truly want… you might consider it the same thing as you’re doing right now”

 

“It’s getting late, I don’t want you having some awful sleep if you have some work to do for tomorrow. I’ll give you a call on how things will be and send my your new schedule the moment you’re done with it so I can lay down our cards… we need to get things into hand since it’s only less the a month before the wedding to commence”

 

With that they’ve disconnected the call. Ri held a triumphant look in his face, “As much as I don’t want to take this to such extremity, there’s no other option but to let this all happen” he got up and poured some wine into his drink, “Cheers for the upcoming victory in this love war” he raised his glass and took a sip.

 

 I can clearly saw the fear in Ji’s eyes… has Seung Ri done something, has he said something? Ji… you have to tell me if there’s something Seung Ri’s doing. We need to cooperate in order to stop whatever he’s planning to do with us.

 

Do you really think that I’d be throwing petty things? Oh no… I’ll show no mercy and definitely destroy whatever stands in my way on having Jiyong. He’s mine from the beginning and he’ll still be my in the end. Besides, Ji needs to know how painful it is to love someone like you, Seunghyun…

 

All I need to do is to trust in the both of us… yeah, now’s the best time to get hold over myself and just make sure that we won’t show any opportunity for him to get to the both of us. Besides… Seunghyun loves me… that’s all I needed and that’s all I’ll ever need.