Trust beneath the pain

Torn

I didn’t want to believe it… I didn’t want to acknowledge that it was true. I didn’t want it to be like that the moment I heard it from Seung Ri, but, there they were… you’re such a er for these types of stuff Jiyong… you should’ve took a step back the moment he invited you into a relationship!

 

Being taken in by the thoughts that were just swimming inside his head, Jiyong had no idea where he was headed. He just run aimlessly without turning back, he wanted to just dash of as the tear run down his cheeks. It was his first time to ever feel such pain within his heart.

 

At the meantime

 

“Seunghyun!” Tae called out but Hyun didn’t even looked at him as he wondered around on where Jiyong might have run off to. “Seunghyun… there’s a big problem… Jiyong~” he wanted to inform but Hyun cut him off “He ran away…” baffled with what he said, Tae’s eye brows crumpled. “What? I was about to tell you that he wasn’t at the spa anymore and…” slowly he began to understand the looks on Hyun’s face.

 

Fear and worry that was what he was seeing inside those eyes. “No… damn it. What happened?” he asked out, “He saw Chaerin’s arm snaking around mine and pulling me towards her… it was a huge misunderstanding. Anyways, we need to find him… he doesn’t have anything with him and there’s no way he could walk back to Seoul” he suggested.

 

“Alright, I’ll inform the guards and ask around the staff if they see him” quickly Tae ran off while Seunghyun calmed down a bit to think where Jiyong might run off to.

 

“It’s a small area… he couldn’t have gone that far…” he tried to think deeper at the possibilities.

 

 

Meanwhile

 

Jiyong sat down to catch him breath. He didn’t realize that he had already ran for half an hour, he leaned at the tree behind him as he looked around at where he ran into. “Where in the world am I?” he asked himself. He pulled out his phone and thought of calling out for help since he seemed lost.

 

He was about to press on a call for Taeyang but, he recalled that he’s back at Seoul. Which he didn’t know was with them at the same flight. He looked around the path he had ran from but he couldn’t tell the difference, “Oh crud… there’s got to be a detour on how to get back to the hotel…” he worryingly stated as he looked at the place in hopes of finding a right path, but to his dismay there wasn’t any.

 

“Damn…” he cussed out, “I even forgot to bring my phone with me. How am I going to get back now?” he started to dread.

 

            He walked towards the direction he had gone to but having no experience out in the open, he didn’t knew which is north and south. He just went along to wherever his feet took him, without any idea on what he’ll end up with.

 

            For about an hour or two, Jiyong felt his exhaustion taking tall, his feet was aching and his legs were weary. He was also famished and at the same time thirsty for something to drink. He tried to muster his strength to at least find something to drink around, a small stream perhaps, he thought.

 

            But there was nothing of sort, it was all trees and leaves scattered around the area, nothing else was in sight. “I… I don’t think I’ll last much longer if I don’t get something to drink…” he could barely force himself to continue walking.

 

            Things were running thin in Jiyong’s situation, it was dusk and the sun’s light was starting to fade. He was still lost and deprived from water and food, he feels that his body is about to turn absolutely numb. “Help… please… someone… help me” he pleaded inside as he sight began to blur and his weight turns heavier. “Am I… going to… die here?

 

            Slowly he felt no more energy to even move the slightest muscle in his body. He collapsed and lost consciousness.

 

 

At the meantime

 

            “I’m sorry sir, we looked practically everywhere and there was still no sign of him” the guards informed Tae “Alright then… look closely around the hotel just in case you stop him. It’s getting dark so I want you guys to inform the other staffs to provide lights nearby so in case Jiyong were to see them he’ll be able to come back” they then scurried off with the orders.

 

            He himself was already tried of roaming around the hotel area, he knows that the place itself isn’t that hard to get lost but, he’s worried that Jiyong might have entered the forest nearby. It wasn’t rehabilitated nor provided with signs to get out there. Tae sighed and hoped that it wasn’t like that.

 

            He then shifted his concern over Seunghyun who sat miserably at the lobby, still full of worry and regret, pain and longing. He walked towards him and patted his shoulder. “Don’t worry too much… we’ll find him. Everything will turn out fine…” he tried to comfort him but to no avail. “I shouldn’t have tried to pull off that stupid deal… why did I have to even give that type of suggestion in the first place” Tae whispered to himself.

 

            Seunghyun looked at him with pity, “It’s not your fault… it was mine” he sadly said. “Stop burdening yourself too much… I’m the one to blame in the first place” Tae wanted to lift even a bit of guilt in Seunghyun’s part. “No… it was me… and if something bad were to happen to Jiyong… which I hope not, I’d never forgive myself for it” his heart felt like it was tearing apart.

 

            “Sir… sorry to interrupt your talk but the police are here” Seunghyun’s assistant informed and not a minute after that, one of the policemen came towards them. “Mr. Choi and Mr. Yong, currently we looked all over the forest nearby the vicinity and there are still no traces that Mr. Kwon was there. We’re frequently sending out a rescue copter to light up the place just in case Mr. Kwon were to notice” he gave a stat report.

 

            “Why on earth is there still no result? We’ve looked for what? 5-6 hours? Don’t you think that’s long enough for you to find him?” Seunghyun couldn’t hold in the pain he had suppressed all day long. “Double the men that are looking for him, hell, even the copters add as many as possible. Just do whatever it takes… to find him” his rage subsided as his heart cracked at the thought of the problem that had been caused by a single mistake.

 

            “All I ask for is to find him and know that he’s safe… that’s all… that’s all that I’ll ever ask…” he pleaded inside of him.

 

            The officer understood the concern and wanted to show a result in their search. “We’ll do the best that we can to find him” he swore before leaving. Once the officer left, Seunghyun’s phone rang. He looked it up and it was Seung Ri on the caller ID. Somehow he couldn’t get mad, maybe it was because he’s still occupied by the safety of Jiyong or maybe he just didn’t care about his anger at that moment.

 

            “Hello?” he asked out “I’ve found Jiyong… I’m currently taking him back to the nearest hospital so he could be tended to his condition” Seunghyun’s spirit went up at the news. “How? Where… how’s he? Tell me damn it!” he impatiently wanted to know. “He’s out conscious, he must’ve fainted since he hasn’t drank or ate yet. The doctors will know what to do, I’ll call you later again and tell you what hospital he’s in” he quickly said and disconnected the call.

 

            “Hello… why can’t you tell me right away? SEUNG RI!” he yelled frustratingly at being held back on rushing down towards where Taeyang was. “What did he say?” Tae asked out, Seunghyun looked at him “He said he found Jiyong and he’s out cold… he thinks he collapsed due to lack of food and water”

 

            Tae cursed in his breath in hearing that Jiyong’s in a bad condition and also, he’s with Seung Ri. As much as he wanted to believe that Seung Ri found him by chance, he couldn’t help but to think that this was also part of his and Chaerin’s ploy. “I’ll ask out where the nearest hospitals are, get inside your car and wait for me” he instructed and Seunghyun complied without a word.

 

            As he got to the parking lot and got inside his car, he was confused. Inside he was happy that Jiyong was found, although he wasn’t in a good condition, he still thanked the fact that he’s found but the other thing was, Seung Ri found him. Above all the people that went looking for Jiyong… why Seung Ri?

 

            His mind was filled with doubt and suspicion. Could this be part of what Seung Ri had planned out to happen? Hearing for the staff members that were supposed to look after Jiyong, Seung Ri was also at the spa where Jiyong was and specifically, he was inside where Ji was. “No… he wouldn’t stoop so low that he’d even endanger him just to execute such thing… would he?” he wasn’t sure on what to believe inside him.

 

            “Knowing Seung Ri… he wouldn’t do anything that would endanger Jiyong’s life. There’s got to be a rational explanation on why he’s the one who found him… but also… why was he here in the first place?” he wanted it to just sink down for a while and focus on Jiyong’s status.

 

 

 

            “Hey, are you really going to ditch me this time Austin? You’re going to be a in my book if you do so” the guy chuckled at him “Seriously, I wouldn’t abandon you if this isn’t something important” he replied and Ji puffed his face. “Anyways, you’ll understand one day. That you’ll replace everything just for the person you love” Ji snickered at him.

 

            “Yeah, right… me be in love! Preposterous like that’ll ever happen” but deep inside, he wished it would.

 

 

            Slowly Ji’s eyes opened, the scent of the room and the light was unfamiliar to him. “W-What… where am I?” he muttered lightly. “Finally you’ve gained consciousness… you’re at the hospital right now, just relax and you’ll be fine” Seung Ri immediately explained. “How… how did I…” he paused as he had recalled his previous situation.

 

            He frowned at the way he seemed pathetic. “Did you find me?” he asked Ri, “Yeah… I saw you a few kilometers from the hotel. Since there’s no lights or signage, it’s more likely people gets lost at that place. Fortunately I was able to notice you even it was dark” Ji nodded but turned to look at the IV beside him.

 

            “Thank you…” he softly spoke and although Seung Ri hardly understood, he smiled just to hear him speak up a bit.

 

            “I’ve must’ve acted like a complete moron earlier for ending up like this… so stupid… why am I so stupid?” gently he sobbed out the pain that still dwelled within his heart. Pain and anguish, it was something he didn’t want in his entire life. He dreamed of having someone to love and love him back but he doesn’t want the consequences that lie ahead of it.

 

            “No… it was only natural to run away at first from the pain” Ri softly spoke up. “This is just the first step in getting through it, it’s rough but eventually it’ll dwindle down into something of the past. I suggest you use that as a spring board for you to be stronger”

 

            Ji turned to look at Seung Ri’s face, seeing nothing but sorrow within his eyes he knows that he had gone through it roughly as he said he did. “Sorry” Ji initially responded.

 

            “For what?”

 

            “For distrusting you and all… for doubting facts about Seunghyun but…” Ri began to anticipate.

 

 

Meanwhile

 

 

            After receiving the text from Seung Ri, both Seunghyun and Taeyang drove towards the said hospital. As they got there, Seunghyun was relentless and frantic to ask the nurses at the front desk. “Where’s the room of Kwon Jiyong?!” he demanded in great hurry.

 

            “Room 45 just down the hall sir” she pointed out and a bit taken aback by the way he asked.

 

            He no longer waited for Tae to get inside, he just dashed off and looked around the room numbers one by one till he reached the designated room. He was quick with his feet but froze in place the moment he stood in front of the door. His heart beat was unsettled and his sweat felt cold, fear has taken over him.

 

            “Y-You… have to do this… you have to check on him at least. You need to know how bad he got hurt or how much he’d gone through…” he encouraged himself onto opening the door. “At least try to have one last glance in case he doesn’t want to see you ever again…” he set himself off with that and twisted the knob.

 

            He was surprised at seeing Seung Ri standing in front of him with what had seemed, he had teary eyes. For a moment he just looked at Ri until he pushed his way through out of the room. “W-What…” he was about to ask.

 

            “Please close the door and come inside…” in an instant Hyun felt the pit of his stomach churn. The confrontation is about to begin.

 

            He gulped and slowly stepped inside the room. As he planted himself inside, he closed the door behind him and did all that he could to not face Jiyong just yet. “Have a seat beside me…” his voice sounded empty, “I want to talk to you…”

 

            He lost all sense of fear and accepted everything that was about to come in his wake. He sat to where Ji pointed him to go to and he eagerly awaited the questions that will surely flood him, “I’ll answer everything you ask of me… I swear I won’t lie” he started off.

 

            “I assumed you’d say that… so I want to ask first of all…” a pang of fear surged towards Hyun which made him answer out involuntarily “I wasn’t doing anything with her, she forced me to place my arm around her and nothing more. I did my best to break free but she was too persistent that I couldn’t shrug her off of me. I never meant to create a misunderstanding between us… all I wanted to do was to have you beside me and do my work at the same time… that’s all I was trying to do… no for this to happen…” he spited out every single thing that was bother him.

 

            A moment of silence and with that Seunghyun took the chance to check on Jiyong’s reaction. His face was a bit astound, he wasn’t sure though, he might had been shocked by the way he blurted out everything in an instant. “Actually… I was going to ask when I’ll be getting out of here”

 

            Dumbfounded Hyun blinked a few times to take in what Ji said. “Y-You sure you’re not asking out head on about what happened earlier?” he felt like an idiot as he saw Ji shaking he head. His face turned flush red and he looked back down to hide it.

 

            “I… I expected you’d be mad, that you’d be screaming at me furiously… that you’d ask me what type of a boyfriend am I to be hanging around with his ex and taking you all the way here for the business proposal. So why? W-Why aren’t you mad!” he ask out loud and lifted his head.

 

            He never imagined the look on Jiyong face. His eyes were glistening and his smile was warm and loving, just like he always shown him, his expression was like he was never angry at all “Why would I be mad to the person I’m in love with?”

 

 

            The moment I saw his smile and heard those words, I felt all tension, fear and regrets was blown out of me. I never realized that I’d fall in love like this. To be able to relieve me from worries the moment a smile like this would show up. He’s truly someone that I wouldn’t even dare give up on.

 

            Doubt is the main reason couples doesn’t last long enough to realize how important the other was, in my situation… I nearly got thrown into that, but being able to look back at the reality. The truth that Seunghyun showed nothing but love and passion towards me at this short period of time. I’m sure, trusting him isn’t a mistake.

 

 

            You haven’t seen the last of this… actually it’s just getting started. I won’t consider this as a defeat. Seems like I need to be a lot more precautious about my next steps… but still…

 

            “Sorry”

 

            “For what?”

 

            “For distrusting you and all… for doubting facts about Seunghyun but…”

 

            “I trust Seunghyun with my all… though I’ve already realized this when I was running aimlessly… I can’t neglect the fact that I could never turn my back on him… no matter what”

 

            You’ve made a big mistake. While me and Chaerin are still in the picture, don’t ever think that you’ll be able to trust someone like Seunghyun… he’s nothing more than a player to begin with and you’ll definitely know how painful it is to love someone like him!