Fear deep within

Torn

 

ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo

|  4 Days remaining till the wedding day  |

ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooOoo

 

 

 

It’s rather late and Ji hasn’t called me yet… this is rather peculiar. Well I know for the fact that he would usually call around 8 or 9 but damn, it’s already 10 in the evening.

 

 

He felt worried by the lack attention from Jiyong and surely he knows he hadn’t done something to offend him; aside from embarrassing him with the photo he took, he was already cleared from that mischief.

 

 

He tapped impatiently at the coffee table in his living room and had his phone laid down in front of him as he waits for a message, a call or something. “Just contact me Ji… please~~~~” he pleaded in front of the phone and there his plea was answered. The phone rang but it wasn’t the person he was expecting to contact him.

 

 

He answered the call “Hey Dae… what’s up?” he casually answered but deep inside he really was disappointed “Hey, did Ji came to your place? I just check his apartment but there wasn’t a shadow of him inside” Seung didn’t know but it might have just been his reflex because the moment he heard those words, he snapped up from his seat with a trembling heart. “No, he hadn’t come here at the hotel nor had he called”

 

 

 

“Really? Gosh… Ji doesn’t have much places to go so… I’m a bit worried he isn’t cooped up inside his apartment or your place. When was the last time you had contact with him?” he felt his heart race even more “Right before he left for work. We parted ways when I dropped him off at the café. How ‘bout you?” he asked back “We talked before heading out of work but I had to run an errand at the mart before I closes so he said he’ll be off home first”

 

 

That was it, Seunghyun doesn’t want to take chances. He rushed towards his keys with phone still in for communication “Tell me where are the places he could possibly be even if it’s the most unlikely of places” he heard a worried mumble from the other line “He could be at the restaurant near Namsan & Itaewon… the restaurant’s name is Baekseju-Maeul” he wanted to ask why a restaurant but “He goes there for either eating out his stress or drinking down till he’s drunk”

 

 

“Got it… I’m a bit familiar onto where I can find the place; at the meantime please wait for a call in case he does inform you on where he is” he was about to enter the elevator “I’m disconnecting the call, I’m getting in the elevator” he informed “Seunghyun… please find him…” he worryingly asked for him. “I will, don’t break down just yet” before cutting the call.

 

 

He was all tensed and worried; “What if he isn’t there? What if he was took by someone and there’s nothing he could do to inform anyone? What if… damn it! This isn’t the type of stuff that I should be thinking at the midst of this ing scenario!” he hissed at the thoughts running rampant in his troubled mind. “I need to find him… I can’t lose him because… he and I promised to be together. I’m not losing my fiancé with only 2 days before the wedding!”

 

 

When the elevator went to a stop at the underground parking lot, he dashed right ahead towards his car and took out his phone once more and called Tae “You know it’s quite late and~” he was interrupted with Seunghyun’s words “Tae, help me find Jiyong. I’m not sure in whether he’s inside a bar or something but please do you best to find him… please…” Tae wasn’t sure at what’s happening but underneath the distressful tone of voice on the other line of the phone, he was sure enough that Seunghyun was at the verge of falling into pieces.

 

 

“I’ll do what I can… Hyun… please be careful. I don’t know what’s going on but please, don’t lose your cool and freak out” he informed him and Hyun only hummed as a reply and cut the call to focus on his driving.

 

 

All the while, his eyes darted from the side to at least try if he were to see him in a glance despite the dark streets beside the road. When he did reach Namsan, he tried to look around the lit places around the district. He drove in a slow speed but despite the ungodly hour, there were quite a lot of people around the place. He looked around to park his car so he could search by foot as he makes his way towards the said restaurant.

 

 

Where in the world could he have gone to and why?” he asked himself as he searched the faces he comes across with. A few of them were feeling awkward that he was staring at other people in such a fast pace and some thought that he was somewhat flirting with the way he scanned a person’s face. None the less, he couldn’t care on what they thought of. All that was important as of the moment was Jiyong and him alone.

 

 

 

For about half an hour he was able to reach the said restaurant and there he marched right in, in search of his missing soon to be partner. He felt his phone ring and he quickly fumbled for it to answer “Hello? Any luck?” he asked, a sigh sounded from the other line “None as of now… I tried calling him ever since you hang up at the earlier call. No answer. It goes directly to his voice mail and he doesn’t do that… Seunghyun I’m getting really scared here”

 

 

 

“I’m currently at the restaurant just as you suggested…” he even took the chance in looking inside the restrooms “No he isn’t here. Not a single clue that he had been here” he concluded and quickly headed off outside the place “How ‘bout Han River… he goes there whenever he’s troubled”

 

 

“Okay, look around your place to check if here’s in the vicinity” the call then ended and he rushed back to his car towards the next destination.

 

 

He felt frustrated and at the same time abandoned. He was hoping all night that Jiyong was going to call him to either tell him that he’s coming over or the other way around. He expected that it was only just going to be Jiyong and him all night, together with hands intertwined with one another until the break of dawn.

 

 

He was so excited at the upcoming vow he’ll be reciting in front of their families and friends. He was overjoyed with the fact that he was going to marry the person he loves and that what he had always thought as a misfortune of an arrangement turned out to be the match making from heaven, sent to complete the void that truly screamed for love.

 

 

Jiyong was the one that made him happy, sad, strong, weak, brave and scared. He was the one that could pull his strings in a matter of words and the best part was, he didn’t have any problems with it. Perhaps his love from him blossomed so much that it changed him gradually. He wasn’t sure but what he’s positive of right of this moment is, Jiyong’s missing and that’s something he’ll never deem right.

 

 

He got near the bridge and decided to park nearby and look around the usual spots people walk through but he also tried to look around some places that might not be visible around others. Maybe he’d think people would see him sad or something so he might go to a place he wouldn’t be seen by others.

 

 

After 15 minutes of searching… still no result. He momentarily sat at the bench near his car to catch his breath and think straight. He clasp his hands on his head as he evens his breathing. “Where? Where could he have possibly go?” he was losing his cool and that’s something that must vanish as well.

 

 

He felt his heart caving in each second that passes by and it’s not helping the whole desperate search for Jiyong. He went back to his car and hope for the best that he would accidentally come across him, “Where… he has to be somewhere around here…” he carefully drove as he looked around.

 

 

 

Meanwhile

 

 

Despite the wide search Seunghyun, Daesung and Taeyang were cultivating around Seoul. Seung Ri eyed the city at the rooftop of the Empire Hotel with a glass of wine at hand; it accompanied a far off look as he stood under the dark horizon. He took a sip of his drink “I didn’t want it to come to this point but desperate times called for desperate measures and… pain is also an option at this ploy…”

 

 

He bitterly took another sip “I already had set my mind into breaking Jiyong’s heart so I can be the one to puts it back to its original piece but yet… I’ve felt the achievement of it the moment he left my sight. Even under a triumphant smile, I can’t hide the pain I’m having as I saw him like that… UGH!” he grunted and threw the glass at the corner of the rooftop, breaking it into pieces.

 

 

Slowly he felt meek and undone by his own feeling that had the better of him. He was strong, he knows it quite well but despite having that attribute as an asset. He’d be lying if as of this moment, his strength had already diminished and it still wavered as every minute passes by. “Was hurting Jiyong really that worth it? Was seeing him cry and broken down be as fulfilling as I deemed it to be?”

 

 

He feel into his knees; breathe getting heavier by the second. “I love him… that’s all I’ve ever done. I only did what was right…”

 

 

(But was it?)

 

 I did it for both of us

 

(You did it for yourself)

 

No… Seunghyun isn’t the one for him…

 

(Says you?)

 

They weren’t meant to be… they weren’t destined to be together unlike me and Jiyong truly are!

 

(Perhaps you took control of what role you should really be portraying in his life)

 

Jiyong is mine

 

(Jiyong was never yours… because Jiyong is the only one who could decide to that matter)

 

But… I’m the only person that truly loves him

 

(You let your feelings overshadow the real person that makes him happy)

 

But…

 

(You’re going to destroy both Jiyong and yourself…)

 

 

It was a dire conflict inside his head. His rational side which favored his conscience tried to redirect him to do the right thing, to accept how reality truly was between the two of them. He needs to accept the fact that despite his noble attempts in claiming Jiyong as his, he needs to embrace the choice Jiyong had made in his life and that was being in love with Seunghyun.

 

 

“Of all people… why does it have to be Seunghyun?” he leaned forward and had to place down his hands in front of him to prevent him from falling flat on the ground. He stared blankly at the floor with all the regret and shame he feels inside of himself.

 

 

“I only wanted your love… that’s all…” he whispered and with that he saw droplets of water fall down to where he’s facing. It didn’t crawled down towards his lips but he surely felt the saltiness of those warm tears.

 

 

Although there were worries and agony at that evening. One sat on her chair with a smirk still plastered at her face.

 

 

“He already did his job well but he’s sulking like an idiot… I knew that guy wasn’t tough enough to hurt that creep. He’s probably weeping with what he had just done instead of having a wonderful evening such as I right now” even if she was alone in the room; the supposed to be victory celebration turned out to be a solo flight for her.

 

 

She shrugged the lack of company in the room and just raised her glass “Cheers my dear accomplice” she took a sip and for a moment she thought that the wine was sweet but then retracted that thought because it must only have tasted that way because of the success of her plot. Smiling brightly she felt that the heavens were alongside her.

 

 

“Seunghyun, I hope you would be happy with your wedding; that is… if there’s going to be one” he laughed at her own statement “Honestly… replacing me with a isn’t as smart of a choice. Being in love with one is the most regretful thing that you’d ever think for the rest of your life you bastard!” her words were venomous “Karma’s a ain’t it?”

 

 

Meanwhile

 

Being in a wild goose chase without a single knowledge of what’s going on and why Jiyong vanished into thin air was getting the most of them. Seunghyun held it straight and strong. He knows if he lets this rattle him there wouldn’t be any more chance for him to find him.

 

 

 

Daesung was already tired of looking around the whole district and he’s gradually affected by the fact that there wasn’t even any signs that Jiyong would do something like that or at least be suspicious if he were to be stalked by someone. Seunghyun told him to stop and rest for the night.

 

 

 

Tae was all around the whole place and what’s left was for him to even look inside private structures or such to check on any traces of Jiyong but like the rest of them, there wasn’t really much of a lead on his location. “Still no sign of him?” Hyun asked through the phone “Not a single clue… Seunghyun… I don’t want to make things worse but, I have no more idea on where to go. You and Jiyong never go around much and Dae knows the only place he would go if there’s something wrong but he didn’t turn out at any of the places he stated”

 

 

Hyun heard a sigh from the other line “I know…” he knows he had burden the two already “Tae, I’ll take care of the rest, you had a long day earlier and you deserve to sleep. Go on, I’ll see what I can manage here” he told “Are you sure? This is something like at Jeju; he was hard to find despite the whole police department rummaging around the whole place. I can still~”

 

 

Hyun cuts him off before he could finish “I’ll manage, go. I’ll call you when I need you” he tried to express that his general tone was calm and composed but deep in him he’s all thrown into chaos. “All right then… give me a word if you need anything or if you were to find him. I’ll be there right away”

 

 

With that the conversation stopped and Seunghyun was alone in this search. It would be a better option to call the police for help but he didn’t want to cause another commotion much like last time and it was a bit farther from where his father is. If this spreads out, the man might have a heart attack into thinking that they’ve fought.

 

 

He can’t have that…

 

 

He was beginning to lose hope and a portion of him is telling him to search for Jiyong next thing in the morning. It was running rather late… 3:23 in the morning to be precise as he took a glance on his watch. He sighed heavily as he too felt the weight of his exhaustion coming down on him. He was just about to pass the road by Namsan Tower when he suddenly got a glimpse of a car that was far too close of a coincidence that it was much like Jiyong’s.

 

 

Without second thoughts he parked at the side and ran right ahead towards the said car. He was now certain that it was Ji’s car since he knows that license plate from a far. “Now where is he?” he peeped at the mildly tinted windows but saw no one inside. He looked around the vicinity to see if anyone was around.

 

 

A few by passers and some couples walked around but there wasn’t any sight of who he’s looking for. He knows Jiyong was close; he could practically feel him.

 

 

When he looked further around the wooden benches, he saw a familiar figure. His heart nearly dropped from its place as he finally found Jiyong. He was clearly at the verge of crying right now so he sprinted his way towards him, to finally be reunited with him and know why he was gone. To clear the distress that had been inside of him the whole time Jiyong vanished momentarily.

 

 

Jiyong on the other hand didn’t move an inch. As if he was like a statue even though Seunghyun had already wrapped his arms around him with a happy sob that he tried to resist from bursting out. “Ji… where have you been all this time? I thought I’d go insane to lose my dear fiancé” he fixed himself up and looked at the blank expression Jiyong was having.

 

 

Still no response or any sign of emotion. He was like a blank canvas and there was no color that could brighten him up. “Ji… speak to me… what’s going on? Why didn’t you answer any of our calls and why weren’t you at your place? Why are you hear…” he thought he was being stupid with asking so many questions at a time but he couldn’t stop himself since Jiyong was there right in front of him again but… something was way off.

 

 

“Ji… please talk to me” it was the first time in Seunghyun’s life that he had sounded like a pathetic child. He words came more of a plea than a request.

 

 

There was only eye contact but there wasn’t any life that inhabited those pair of orbs he used to indulge himself into. There wasn’t anything at all.

 

 

What’s going on… what’s wrong with him? Why does he seem so different? He’s far from the Jiyong I know from earlier to the Jiyong that’s here right now with me… no, it’s like seeing Jiyong’s face but he’s not really here.

 

 

I don’t know if I made a mistake, if I made a crucial blow on Jiyong’s heart. All that I was aiming for was to separate them and lead Jiyong to me. Nothing more and nothing else would matter to me… but it felt like I took a bullet when he ran away. So… regrets do come last… I’m… sorry Ji… I truly am.

 

 

~~~oo0oo~~~

Hey guys, long time no update :3



I did my best to make this an interesting chapter and all but I think I failed in that :'(

Then again this is the 31st chapter so cheers!

It's all thanks to you guys that i survived this long and I could've never be motivated to persuing it further without you guys and thank you as well as being such awesome readers, subscribers and up voters. (Bows 90 degrees)


I feel utterly grateful to all of you.

 

Will do my best to continue on updating! :D