Remarkable moments

Torn

 

 

 

Last night… was the most unforgettable thing that had happened in my entire life. It was the moment I felt that my life had been shared with someone, that a wide array of emotions burst out of me, and that my night felt warmer than spring. I just hope that once I open my eyes, that he’ll still be there, that he’s going to wait until I see him or at least say his farewell before he goes home.

 

Slowly Jiyong came into consciousness but still held his eyes closed, “Please… let him be here” he wished as his hand searched for him. To his dismay, he didn’t grasp onto anything but the sheets and the comforter. “I knew I shouldn’t have hoped for the best… Kwon Jiyong… you’re just too hopeful with something that’s not going to happen… you’re such a fool” he sighed and got himself up.

 

“I guess it was really just a dream, that he wasn’t really there to talk to me and eat along… and…” he blushed as he recalled, then he gulped a huge lump in his throat, “Man… that dream really felt real, right now I feel as if he was still holding onto me”

 

He composed himself and got off of bed, “Don’t worry, although it was just a dream, it was something that made me feel light and released me from that darn gloomy state I was in. Though I wonder why it wasn’t Seung Ri in my dream, maybe I’d be more expectant if that’d be the case… I guess I missed him even if it’s just three days since he left” he jutted his lips.

 

“Anyways… it’s a new morning… it’s a fresh start to recover and get back to work!” he stretched out and made his way out of the room. The moment he got out though, he had a whiff of something tasty, he hummed at the fragrance it emitted in the house, “Oh… did Dae prepared something good?” he figured and walked towards the kitchen.

 

“This is the first time you prepared something good Dae… I hope its edible~” he joked out but froze the moment he saw who it was, “You’re up… I thought you’d still be asleep, I made some western breakfast, hope you like it” he watched as Seunghyun placed some eggs on the plate.

 

“Come on, you can choose whether you’d like some bacon and eggs, stacks, freshly boiled eggs or some toast with jam, your call” he presented the menu. Ji could clearly see how much he had prepared at the table, hell, it was a feast in his view. “By the way, can you make me some coffee? I really liked the one you just made for me… it seems that I had a thing for cappuccino when you made it” he sounded embarrassed but still he looked normal.

 

“S-Sure… I-I mean… that’s the least I could do…” he stuttered and made steps towards the table. “Thanks, I haven’t had that in a while” he smiled beamingly and took a bite on some toast, “So… it wasn’t a dream then? I means that Seunghyun… really did came here last night and ate along with me? Changed my bandages and slept with me in the same bed? Aigoo… Jiyong… what’re you going to do? This is very embarrassing… but… it doesn’t feel like I need to hide inside a shell or something

 

While Jiyong brewed and mixed the coffee shots on the drink, Seunghyun marvelled at the way he was doing so “Wow… I haven’t seen you in action, you look like a pro” he praised and Ji felt his cheeks burn “You’ll definitely be able to do the same if you worked a lot in a café, it’s nothing much with the way you made breakfast” he praised back.

 

“True, I’ve learnt these type of stuff when I lived in the states to study. At first I thought it was impossible to do something like that but as the years went by I started to live solely on my own. Thought I still have a huge allowance, I tried out with cooking my own food” when Ji finished making Hyun’s request, he brought it to him and with just the scent of it made Hyun smile.

 

“I thought I’d never get to have this again” he took a spoon and got a bit of it. After he blew it a couple of times he took a sip and immediately he hummed in satisfaction, “Same tasty drink” he complimented. After that they ate in silence, it was nice that they’d look at each other whenever they had the chance. Sometimes they’d caught the other looking at them and then they’d look away.

 

It was a newly-wed feeling, like they’ve adored the moment they were with each other and just taking glances. It was like Seunghyun had accepted his fate and forgot about his crude intentions over Jiyong and Jiyong saw Seunghyun in a different shade of light, like he was bright as day.

 

When they were about to finish eating, “Y-You don’t have work t-today right?” Hyun inquired, Ji got startled at the sudden question “Um… yeah, well… I can’t fully tire out my hand that got burnt and my arms still ache a bit, so I’m not able to work for a couple of more days” he explained, “R-Right… you know, dad informed me a day ago that if you… you’re not that busy, maybe we could… visit the new branch at Jeju-do, he was quite persistent with it”

 

A wide smile came out in an instance in Ji’s face “J-Jeju-do? Wow… I-I haven’t been there yet… I heard it was a beautiful spot to have a vacation” he looked down on the table, “R-Really? That’s wonderful… I can show you around the place and let you go take a look the scenery, it really a relaxing place to be” he joyfully implied.

 

If this goes on, I wouldn’t be able to compare reality from fantasy… things are really turning around between me and Seunghyun… I-I think this is the way the heavens wanted us to really start out with” he imagined “Man… this would be something, it’s been a while since I’ve been in Jeju-do, I could show him some wonderful spot in the nearby forest and we could take a stroll and stuff

 

In truth Seunghyun was completely taken in by the excitement, inside of him at that moment was pure bliss and joy. He was truly having full anticipation none the less.

 

When Seunghyun left and got back to his place, he couldn’t get help to be still drawn by the happiness he was in at that time. He was definitely going to enjoy it. “YAH! CHOI SEUNGHYUN! WHAT’S THE BIG IDEA ON CALLING ME FOR AN EMERGENCY AND SETTING ME UP ON A DATE WITH A QUEER? WERE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND OR SOMETHING!?” obviously Tae wasn’t fine with the whole setup he did.

 

“Hey, didn’t you enjoy having a date? It’s been a while since you’ve dated” he jokingly asked but Tae was clearly pissed “GET ME A MODEL, A DANCER OR EVEN A E… BUT NOT A ING GAY GUY LIKE THAT!” he blurted, Hyun only laughed “Maybe you’d get to like someone like that, you seem good together…” he nodded in agreement with his own judgement.

 

“Have you knocked your head on a thick and unbreakable wall or something? You know I’m not into such relationship and you know very well that I don’t do with guys” he grimaced at his friend, “What can I say, he has a bossy y attitude that suits you well. You can’t blame me for not trying the both of you out” he joked once more.

 

Tae rolled his eyes and sat at the chair near the door way, “Anyways, what came up for you to do something like that? It wasn’t like you did that on purpose, well I think you didn’t…” he had second thoughts about it since they play pranks on each other.

 

“Aside from thinking about getting you a boyfriend…” he teased, “I really needed to get him off my hair” he raised a brow on that, “Why? Was he bothering you with something?” he nodded “If I didn’t do something like that then I wouldn’t have been able to cure myself from the harsh feeling I had” he was baffled with what Seunghyun was referring to.

 

“And what may that be?” he fumbled onto “I needed to see Jiyong and in order for me to do so, I had to get you to date him” shocked with the ulterior motive, he looked at his friend suspiciously “Yah… what’s with that look?” he sneered at the way Tae looked, “Did… something happened that I don’t have an idea about?”

 

Chuckling faintly, Tae looked at him intently “Whatever could you mean?” he was starting to feel uncomfortable with the way he was being interrogated “I don’t know… could there be a certain attraction going along with the both of you lately? I know it’s just been days since you started to act that you have interest over him… but knowing how much you give an impact on women, there’s no doubt that you could also leave a mark in a queer’s heart” he really caught up.

 

“Yah… what’s with that? Do you think things will progress that rapidly? Anyways…” his phone rang and he really thanked God for having a call at that time, “Excuse me…” he brought out his phone and saw it was Ji labelled on the screen, though Tae hadn’t remember the name he know he’ll be curious on who the caller may be, his eyes widened and Taeyang took notice of it. He rushed to check on who it was and Hyun struggled on not letting Tae see it.

 

“YAH! Seunghyun! Don’t you dare hide something from me or else I’ll definitely punish you for that!” he chased him and his phone still rang continuously “It’s not something I need to hide! Leave me alone!” he fended but still Tae was relentless, “As if I’d let this chance slip away” Hyun was about to decline the call but Tae seized the moment to snatch the phone from him.

 

“YAH!” he yelled out and Tae answered the phone without looking at the name “Hello?” he quickly answered, Hyun tried his best to get the phone but Tae was really shoving him off, “H-Hello… S-Seunghyun… is that you?” Ji questioned at the way the voice sounded different.

 

“Not exactly… but I’m with him right now, you can speak up since he has his hands full but he did inform me to tell him what you want to say” Hyun really wanted to get the phone that’s for sure. “Um… maybe I should call again once he’s finished~” Tae interjected, “No… Seunghyun specifically told me to hear out what you wanted to say” he continued on and Hyun was at the verge of kicking Taeyang.

 

“Well… if that’s the case then… can you ask him if it’s alright to have another friend along with the outing? I know it wasn’t meant to have someone else to tag along but it’s just that my friend was all out persistent that he’d tag along” he embarrassingly spoke, “Sure, on behalf of Seunghyun, I’m sure it’s fine, don’t worry” he assured.

 

He heard a sigh of relief on the other line and after hearing Taeyang say something like that, he surrendered on getting his phone from him. “This guy’s really despicable… sometimes I want to just throw him off the highest building in Seoul and drop a mortar along too” he folded his arms and gritted his teeth.

 

“By the way what’s your name?” that was the question that Seunghyun wouldn’t allow to be answered. “YAH! HANG UP!” he yelled, “W-What was that?” Ji wondered and Tae tried to knock away Hyun’s frail attempt to stop the conversation, “Nothing… just tell me your name so I can inform Seunghyun” he spoke calmly but still fended away Hyun.

 

“YAH! GIVE THE PHONE BACK!” he tried harder but still no use, “Umm… I-I’m K-Kwon Jiyong…” he really felt like he wasn’t supposed to say it but somehow it got out of his mouth. Tae’s eyes widened and looked at his friend with a huge grin written in his face, “Oh boy… here goes the look in his face again” he felt that he wanted to bury himself 100 feet down the ground.

 

“Of course, Kwon Jiyong… his fiancé right?” he heard a hum, “Well, I’ll definitely inform Seunghyun about it, don’t you worry a thing alright? Bye” he disconnected the call and placed his hands on his waist, “So… what’s the outing about? I know that you plan on captivating his heart but I didn’t foresee that you’d take this to this type of extremity or should I say, to this change of hearts”

 

With that question, it made him recall, his reason, his ploy, his lost and his resentment. Though they weren’t all that blood boiling as before, it made a small impact. “I-I nearly forgot the reason why I started being around him… but, even now that I’ve recalled my reasons on doing so… the flame of that reason has somewhat lessened” Tae snapped his finger right in front of Hyun.

 

“You… you little hypocrite, you said you wouldn’t let your emotions get tangled with him and now what’s this? What’s this outing and what’s that feeling you had that you wanted to see him so badly that you’d even use me as a decoy for a hindrance you’ve faced!” he exclaimed, “It’s nothing like that!” he muttered out, right now, he was completely confused.

 

He was trying to understand what he’s feeling right now, what his heart and mind was debating about. Lately he was aware that his mind spoke out in a different way his heart and body was reacting to when I comes to Jiyong. He wasn’t shutting out the fact that he still holds resentment towards the guy but at the same time his previous feelings were puzzling his entire priorities that he couldn’t come to a conclusion on what was really important. On what he was supposed to do.

 

Hearing no answer from Seunghyun, he just watched the far off look in his eyes. He seemed to have the need to just understand what he might be going through, “Perhaps, you might found it weird but things would be quite easier to comprehend if you let go of what’s keeping you from overseeing things. Maybe then there’d be a much clearer look in those eyes of yours”

 

Although Hyun was faze out, he caught what he was saying and in a way, he took it by heart. “I need… to let go? W-What could I let go? My anger or my unacceptance? Either way, it’s still not that easy to let go of something” deep within him, he hasn’t really sought out his own personal resolve, how things would end up to be at that particular moment.

 

Could there possibly an open door inside his heart that somehow, Jiyong had found and peeked through it? Baffled on what caused this confusion, Seunghyun just decided to take a gander on what lies ahead. Although it wasn’t clear, maybe time would really be of help to see through the fog.

 

The next day came and Jiyong had already packed his stuff for a few days Seunghyun had informed him, happy as though it might seem, having Daesung around to poke onto things, it wouldn’t be as peaceful as he’ll expect it to be, but still Daesung always does his best to make him feel at eased at most time.

 

“Hurry up you slowpoke, what time did you even thought of packing your stuff?” he scolded Daesung who just got to his room. “Hey, you don’t know how hard it was to persuade the manager… if he wouldn’t had agreed that I could take a leave for 4 days, I would’ve bribed him” he confidently spoke, “Bribe?” he choked out a laughter, “Bribe him with what? More coffee? HA!” he teased.

 

“Yah! Shut the hell up and help be bring this down stairs” he ordered, “Like I’d help you, you asked to be tagged along with it, so bear your own luggage” he picked up his own packs and Dae sneered before he brought his stuff as well.

 

“By the way, what happened last night? I was really planning cleaning up your bandages and give you something to eat but that obnoxious  Seunghyun came along and wanted to see you right away like you’re a missing kid or something” Ji stopped for a while at that. “Is there something wrong?” he looked at him, “N-Nothing… don’t mind what went on last night… anyways, he looked after me end of story”

 

As Ji walked away after concluding, Dae eyed him carefully, “Was there… no… there couldn’t be…” he looked afar and then back to Jiyong “That guy’s learnt how to hide how he feels now… but his eyes doesn’t know how to lie yet” he grinned.

 

Though Jiyong was still at the midst of acknowledging the emotions he had started to harness, he was well exposed in Daesung’s sight. It was obvious that there was a sparkle in his eyes and a sense of thrill at the very name of Seunghyun. “I just hope you’ll have a wonderful life ahead of you Ji, you know how ugly you are when you cry” he smiled at himself but he wouldn’t hinder in this now that he saw Jiyong having interest on understanding what he truly feels.

 

When they got to the ground floor, the taxi had just exactly arrived. “I wonder if it’s really alright to bring you along with this, you’re noisy, nosy and very… very pessimistic when left alone” Dae rolled his eyes and turned away, “Stop blabbering and take a rest, I’ve had enough trash talks for one morning” Ji giggled but complied.

 

As they got to the airport, they quickly made their way to the terminal and looked around for Seunghyun. “Ah, there!” Dae spotted him, when Ji turned to take a look, his heart raced and his pulse raised in an instant.

 

“Oh dear… I think I’m going to consider this outing one of the most despicable one I’ve gone to” he suddenly retorted, “Why?” Dae pointed the guy next to him, “Who’s that?” he asked as they walked towards the two. “Don’t bother asking right now… I’ll tell you once were at our room” he seemed reluctant when they drew near.

 

“Hey… what the hell is this motherer doing here?!” Tae shifted in a second when he saw Dae, “He’s Jiyong’s friend, of course it’s fine to have him along” Hyun reasoned, “Well it ain’t fine with me!” he folded his arms, “Sorry, were we late?” Ji asked shyly “No, we just got here a few minutes ago. Come on let’s get inside the plane” he suggested, “Uh… the looks on that guy really makes me want to puke” Dae whispered to Ji but Tae heard it.

 

“You ing bastard, don’t back talk me” he hissed at Dae with a sharp glare, “Knock it off you too, were going on an outing to have fun and relax, not try to kill each other with foul words” he noted to them, “Just get me a least 10 feet away from him when we land” they both strike a deathly glance at each other before turning away.

 

But both Jiyong and Seunghyun found it funny, adorable and quite like their first encounter with each other. How they both acted and felt for one another, at the thought of it, he looked at Seunghyun as saw him giggling “He looks gorgeous when he smiles… it’s like he’s not that dickhead I’ve always thought he was” then Hyun noticed and looked at Ji which startled him to look away as he was caught in the act.

 

I don’t really know what I feel right now Jiyong… when I see you I still have that resentment inside of me but it isn’t the same as before, instead my heart slowly starts to flutter and my feelings are at ease. I want to know what this could lead to but don’t make it hard for me… I’m still trying to cope up.

 

I wonder what’s in store for us at Jeju-do, what experiences we’d take and what more could my feelings evolve to. Let me know you Seunghyun… let me, see if my heart could truly accept the fact that I’m starting to grow fond of the way you’re making me feel when were together. Let me see if there’s a future in our soon to be married life.