4 - Daehyun

Gang Royalty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I sigh as I stare out at the clubbers partying bellow us.  Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu are all watching the crowd as well with beers in their hands and a girl on their laps.  I can’t muster the energy to join them in their fun tonight.  Any other night as I would be right their along with them having fun, but not tonight.

  When I first moved here I never thought I would end up joining one of the cities gangs.  I never imagined I would befriend any gangsters, yet here I am with three gangsters as my friends and part of their gang.  This wasn’t what I planned on doing, yet here I am doing it.

  When I found out who they were I should have left them alone, yet I didn’t.  I didn’t do the smart thing and stay out of their business no I did something stupid.  I asked to join.  It’s my own damn fault I got myself into this world that I can’t tell anyone about.

  I can’t tell my parents and I can’t tell my sister, whom I tell everything to.  I have to keep this a secret from everyone I’m close to and lately it’s killing me inside.  Mizuki and I always tell each other what we do and how we feel, but not this.  I can’t risk her getting hurt because she knows about me about this.

  “Daehyun, what’s gotten into you man?”  Jaejoong says from across the table as he takes a swig from his beer.  “You’ve been out of it lately.”

  I shake my head, “Tired, long nights and all.”  I reply.

  “Just don’t let it get in the way.”  Junsu tells me as he breaks from a kiss with the girl on his lap.  “Ladies, give us a few minutes would you?”

  The three girls let out a small giggle in unison before they get up and leave the area.  Winks thrown our way as they exit.  Their dresses barely covering their butts as they sashay away.  I normally don’t have any problems with the girls here throwing themselves at us; it just irks me that these three happen to be about the same age as my younger sister.

  “Lighten up and have fun before our real night starts.”  Yoochun reaches over and puts a reassuring hand in my shoulder.  “We have some people we have to meet tonight and you’re coming with us this time.”

  I may be a part of this gang but I rarely go with the three of them when they have to meet with people.  “What are we doing?”  I ask.

  “Meeting with some allies of ours.  Some things have been happening around the city and we need to deal with it.”  Jaejoong informs me.

  “The Widow Twins are causing problems city-wide with everyone they have problems with.”  Junsu put in.  “It won’t be long before we are on their radar.”

  Jaejoong groaned, “When have we not been on that ’s radar.”

  “What are you talking about?”  I asked him.

  “The queen herself Black Widow has had it out for us since the beginning.  She doesn’t like when you step on her turf uninvited.  She’s been after our heads since we tried that.”  Yoochun explained.  “She seems to hate Jaejoong the most though.”

  “And I’m going to kill her one of these days.  I don’t like being almost killed.”  Jaejoong hissed as he chugged the last of his beer.

  “How’s your sister doing?”  Junsu asked changing the topic abruptly.  “We don’t see her around much anymore.”

  I shrugged, “She’s doing good, school just started for her so she’s getting busy again.  I honestly don’t see her around much anymore.”

  Over the summer holidays Mizuki was out almost everyday and we have been drifting apart.  I want to think we still have a close relationship, but I’d be lying to myself.  I don’t want us to loose our connection, but it seems to be slowly fading away.

  She has her friends that she hangs around with and I have mine.  I have this gang now to focus on outside of the house and I can’t let the family know about it.  I can’t drag them into this world for fear of them being killed.

  “You should bring her to the club when she’s free.”  Junsu commented.

  “Yeah, it might do her good to have some fun.  Don’t worry Daehyun we are going to get her mixed up in this.”  Yoochun added.

  “I’ll see if she’s interested next time then.”  So long as she doesn’t get involved I don’t see any reason why she can’t hang around with us.

  Jaejoong got up, “We need to go.”

  The three of us followed his lead and made our way downstairs and through the crowded club and out the back entrance.  The four of us made sure we had our weapons well hidden before exiting the alley.  I still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter