14 - Daehyun

Gang Royalty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Sinking into the comfortable leather chair I looked across me at Black Widow and Mizuki sitting side by side with their masks still on.  Seeing them sit beside each other I understood why they were called the Widow Twins, their features that weren’t hidden were strikingly similar.

  My thoughts ran cold and stopped dead.  My eyes flicked between the two of them, taking in everything at an alarming rate but never fully registering it properly.  No way, was the only think running through my head as I looked between the two girls.

  I knew those features, I knew that face and I knew that hair.  There was a reason they were called the Widow Twins, it’s because they are twins.  , I should have known.  It was so obvious if you knew what to look for and now that I have to time to get a good look at the two of them side by side it was all confirmed.

  “Black Widow and Red Widow, the Widow Twins.  Ashiya and Mizuki, ing biological twins.”  I said in amazement.

  “Took you long enough Daehyun.  I thought you would have figured it out back at your place before coming here.”  Black Widow, or should I say Ashiya said as she removed her mask.  Mizuki didn’t wait longer than a few seconds to remove her mask as well.

  In front of me sat my sister and her twin sister.  Same face but different hair color and expressions.  I let out an airy laugh as I tried to process this, I should have known.  It kind of figured Ashiya would have her self mixed up in this world, she always had this air about her that just didn’t seem right and now I know why.

  “So you dragged my sister in this didn’t you.”  I asked with displeasure at my sister’s twin.

  This time Black Widow, I mean Ashiya, let out a laugh.  “That is where you have this all wrong.  Whatever you think happened didn’t.  It wasn’t my intention to ever being Mizuki into this.”  She glanced over at my sister who had an uneasy expression, “It just sort of ended up that way.”

  “We aren’t getting into all of this right now Daehyun.”  Mizuki spoke pulling my attention away from the other girl.  “Now isn’t the time for a recap of the past.  Just understand that I chose this and I like what I’m doing no matter how wrong it is.”

  “The hell now isn’t the time for this!”  I exclaimed.

  “Cool it.”  Ashiya hissed dangerously.  “We have bigger problems to address instead of your little family banter with Mizuki.  We can save all of this for another time when we aren’t pressured by impending events.”

  “Ashiya’s right Daehyun.  While I would love to tell you everything, now isn’t the time.  I promise to tell you what you want to know but you have to help us out first.”  She said to me as she leaned forward a small reassuring smile on her face.

  People seem to love to interrupt me today.  I never seem to be able to put my own words in where I would like.  “What the hell happened here?  One would think you were telling someone they were going to die!”  Came a light, smooth voice that was fallowed by the slam of a door and multiple footsteps.

  “It’s a little worse than that.”  Mizuki replied as she looked at something over my shoulder.

  Being the stupid idiot I am right now I glanced behind me to see what the two girls in front of me were looking at.  Four boys clad in black with each their own signature mask covering their faces.  I blanched as I looked at four of the most feared boys that – like with the two girls in front of me – wouldn’t hesitate to kill you if you rubbed them the wrong way.

  I hated thinking of my sister as one of them and group them in these thoughts but there really is no way around it.

  “What is he doing here?”  The tallest sneered.

  “Watch it Zelo.”  Mizuki growled.  “If you weren’t aware this is my brother, and until further notice he’s under my protection.  So don’t even think of touching him.”

  So that’s why Ashiya did nothing to me back at our house and was rather pissed.  I would have thought she would have gone against that and done what she wanted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter