28 - Youngjae

Gang Royalty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I heard Henry speaking with someone as the end of my shift neared.  My head kept spinning on what I should do with the marked assassins roaming around the city doing knows what and hunting down Black Widow.  I need to find a way to deal with it before they either get to her or she dies in crossfire.

  I can’t simply confront them, it will cause too much of a problem and as of the moment I’m not in the mood to have to deal with disposing of two of the Kareen Mafia’s best hit men and not get caught.  It would be a rather easy job, but doing it on my own will be a nuisance and an annoyance in my life.

  For now I’m keeping my eyes on them and as they reveal their moves I’ll start mine.

  Henry came through the door into the kitchen with a frown.  “What’s going on Henry?”

  He went over to the grill and sighed, “Teenage girl coming for food in the middle of the night.”

  “Black Widow?”  I asked him, wonder if she had show up once again.

  “No, she doesn’t seem involved in anything which worries me since she’s out alone at this time.”  He responded.

  “Do you think anyone would do something to her?”

  “Around here?”  He chuckled, “No doubt, Black Widow’s gang would snatch her up in a heartbeat.  Anyway, can you head out front?”

  “Sure Henry.”  Moving to the door I looked out to find the girl Henry was referring to standing a few feet from the counter looking around the place with innocent curiosity. She was nothing like anyone I have seen coming in here at this time of night.  She didn’t have that aura of the underground and she held herself without a care to her surroundings.

  Innocent and clueless.  I sighed as I pushed the door open and stumbled a little as m foot caught on the door.  Righting myself I looked over at the girl and it looked like she didn’t even her me, she seemed to have spaced out.

  Going over to the register I called over to her.  Jumping in fright she spun around and looked at me with wide eyes, “Oh!  You scared me.” 

  “My bad, I thought you heard me stumble in.”  I laughed awkwardly, scanning her as she came up to the counter, telling me her excuse.

  She pulled her wallet out and handed me the money, I caught a glance as the cash she had and questioned what I thought I saw.  A fair amount of bills were there, more then I would expect someone to carry around.

  Getting her into a conversation I learned she seems to be a new addition to city life and sneaks out of her house to wonder the city at night, which isn’t a good idea.  Gang activity in this city is rather active and with this being on Black Widow’s territory going around isn’t smart or safe.

  “You still shouldn’t go wondering around these streets at night.”  I advised her.  I couldn’t place why but I felt compelled to warm her away from danger.  Maybe being around Henry these past few weeks was making me a little soft.

  “Nothing happened so far.”  She joked, but that’s the thing, it hasn’t happened yet but one day it will and it won’t be good.

  Living the way I have and watching the lives of others getting ruined, I’ve began to spot when someone if running their life to the ground.  Sadly, this girl it doing just that.  But I don’t plan on interfering, I’m here with the purpose to find and protect Black Widow nothing more and nothing less.  I can’t get distracted from my goal.

  “Youngjae you should walk the little miss home, you know as well as I do how dangerous these streets are. Please little miss, allow Youngjae here to walk you home.  I wouldn’t want anything to happen to you, I would feel terrible if I let you just leave and something happened.”  Really Henry, really?  I’m trying not to involve myself with this girl and here you go pushing me into the mix.  And I damn well can’t refuse him when his point is valid and he’ll ask questions I can’t answer if I decline.

  Although getting this girl to accept our offer was strangely difficult.  She continuously refused, not wanting me to accompany her home or be a bother.  When she finally gave in it seemed with much reluctance and slight annoyance but nonetheless it was acceptance of my companionship.

  Might as well make sure she gets home safely.  Moving to the door I opened it and ushered her outside.  My body tensing up when I was shoved out of the way by a boy slightly taller than me with a mask hiding his features.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter