11 - Daehyun

Gang Royalty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  This night has been anything but normal.  I’m still shaken over what happened a week ago but never had time to just think about on it, at least not until now.  I got home early to an empty house with nothing to do but think for the night.  And I wish I had other things playing in my head right now.

  I fell onto my head and covered my eyes with my arm.  Everything about that night I kill Mr. Son is driving me insane, none of it in a good way.  His words wouldn’t leave my mind and only brought with it the thought of me death because I killed him.  Even that necklace I found, learning a little about what it was I can tell that my death my seriously be nearing.

  You don’t mess with the Widow Twins unless you have a death wish.  And I do not have a death wish, I have a family that cares about me I have ties to this world.  Yet ever since we moved here I have made a whole bunch of stupid things and have most likely wound up on the kill list of these two gang leaders.

  I went over to my dresser to take another look at the necklace I took from Mr. Son’s house.  But it wasn’t there, I knew exactly where I put it but it wasn’t there anymore.  Where is it?  I know it was here.  I can’t have misplaced it and I don’t want to think of any other possibilities.  If Mizuki has it she’s now going to get a target of her for even touching it and I am trying to keep her safe, away from this.

  I don’t even want to think that someone came into the house and took it.  I don’t want to think that they might have been here or still are.  So I may be being a little paranoid but I do not want my family to get hurt because of what I’m part of.

  My phone beeped, snapping me away from my current thoughts.  Looking at the caller ID I answered the call, “Mizuki?”  I knew she wasn’t home, but why would she call me.  We usually just send each others texts so she her calling me raises on little flag.

  Her tone of voice and words start ringing bells that something is wrong.  While Mizuki is good at hiding what she’s feeling, I know her voice well enough to know when she is a little worried.  Plus I can hear her fast breathing, she can hide this al she wants but I still know about it.

“No, don’t leave the house.  Don’t you dare leave the house Oppa.  Just stay there.”  I can clearly hear that new panic in her voice now. She isn’t hiding it as well anymore and this is only causing me to worry.

  The one thing that is worrying me the most right now as I listen to her on the other end of the phone line, “Mizuki is someone chasing you?”

  Don’t you dare lie to me Mizuki please don’t you dare lie.  If I don’t know what is happening to her how I can protect her if she hides what is happening to her.  “No, just out for a run and wanted to find out where you were.”  She replied, and while I want to believe her, something is telling me not to.  But Mizuki wouldn’t lie to me about something like this; I know she wouldn’t.

  She hung up not long after which I wasn’t all to surprised over.  All I was getting after that was her breathing muffled by the wind as she went on her run.  I went back to trying to search for that necklace in my room but it just wasn’t there, it was no where to be found and I didn’t like that.

  “Daehyun!”  Mizuki screeched as the door to the house slammed open and closed.

  I stopped looking and ran down the stairs to meet her in the entranceway.  Her face had a small frown but otherwise it didn’t really show that she went for a run.  She wasn’t even in the right clothes of shoes to go running.  “What the hell Mizuki?  What is going on?”

  What she has told me is starting to make less and less sense as I observe more.  I never got a verbal answer from her though; she just launched herself at me and hugged me as if I might disappear from right before her.  But I’m the one that really should fear her vanishing from me because of the mess I got myself into.

  She pulled away and beamed, “Nothing Oppa.  Everything is going to be just fine.”

  That’s the second time she has called me Oppa; she never calls me Oppa.  And I do mean never.  I can count the number of times with both hands that she has ever referred to me as Oppa counting these two times as well.  No matter how much she wants to deny that nothing is wrong her choice of words is saying something else.

  But my sister is safe and that is all that matters right now.  Nothing else is important so long as my innocent baby sister is safe.  And I plan to do everything possible to keep her this way.  But it’s good to know that she is with me now and nothing is wrong, nothing is going to happen to her.

  “Open the ing door!  Open the door before I break it down!”  Pounds on the door and the shrill voice of someone I can’t recognize.  But it’s a voice I don’t like, the words used and the tone of voice have me on edge. 

  “Mizuki, go to your room, now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter