30 - Zelo

Gang Royalty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “What the hell is going on?”  I growled as Himchan and I walked through the streets towards the warehouse.  I already had my phone in my hands sending messages to Ashiya, trying to figure out what the she was doing with some boy none of us have ever met before.

  She tells us she’s going off for a few days, that we won’t be able to get into contact with her, that we won’t find her if we go looking for her.  Well so far that has proved quite untrue.  Yongguk saw her the other night at Henry’s restaurant leaving with some boy that he’s never seen before – this is coming from Yongguk who knows almost every face in our territory.

  Earlier in the day Jongup swung by the mall to pick up something Samantha had requested he told us he saw Ashiya shopping with an older women.  He’s never met her mother, but from the description we knew it was her.  Finding her shopping though with her mother was out of character, finding Ashiya shopping for a skirt and boots was downright terrifying.

  We were willing to put it aside as her pleasing her mother so she doesn’t go asking questions we can’t give an answer to.  There have been times in the past Ashiya has had to set time aside for her parents so they don’t get suspicious of what we are doing.  Staying in a few night, coming late to the warehouse because they keep her.

  Everything stopped making sense and reasonable explanation when Himchan and I were checking out the park for unwanted addicts and dealers.  We found unwanted people on our territory.  Sitting in the park as if nothing is going on.  Ashiya never took kindly to those that came around here uninvited.  So we did as we were supposed to.

  Guns out and ready to do as we did to anyone that didn’t understand the memo.  To our ing surprise, we find Ashiya to be the princess girl hiding behind the twig.  I didn’t miss the gun he pulled out and the way he kept himself between our leader and us.

  “Personal business my .”  I hissed as I kicked the warehouse door open.  “Clear out!”  I shouted to the burly men in the building.  When they continued to stand there and stare at me, I pulled my gun out and shot at the ceiling, “Out!”

  They didn’t waste a second before every last one of them was out on the streets to do whatever they had to do.  I could feel my monster crawling under my skin as I replayed what I saw in the park.

  “We need to talk!”  I shouted.  “I don’t care what you are doing, get out here or I’m dragging you!”

  I don’t know what Ashiya is doing.  I know better than to question it.  But this is a little too much not to want answers for.  Someone is going around killing out gang and right in the middle of it the leader of our gang clocks out and says to deal with it while she does something private.  Next thing any of us know she’s on a date with a gun wielding stick, acting like she knows nothing about any of this.

  She’s with someone none of us seem to have met before, someone we know nothing about, and wants us to mind or duties and turn a blind eye.  As much as we know, that boy could be from a rival gang.  We have no idea if he has any concealed plans or if he poses a threat.

  The fact he had a gun on him and Ashiya did nothing about it makes me uneasy.  She, in all the years I’ve known her, has never been so laid back and cautious looking when she’s around another person with a gun.  She’d disarm them in a moment.  Never mind going around at night without her mask on.

  Ever since I left her with that boy in the park, I haven’t stopped texting her asking what she was doing and why she’s doing it.  Himchan has been glued to his as well, but he’s resorted to calling, pausing only when I made a ruckus at the warehouse when we arrived.

  He shook his head when I eyed him, constantly raising his phone to his ear.  She hasn’t replied to a single message, won’t answer our calls, and is gallivanting around with some street trash.  I’m starting to get a little worried, and that’s a rare thing when it comes to Black Widow.

  My back slammed into the concrete floor, Yongguk’s face hovering above mine.  “What are you doing?”  He spat.

  “Let him go, Fang.”  Himchan growled as he grabbed Yongguk and pulled him off me.  “He’s not the problem.  I know Ashiya said we wouldn’t be able to contact her, but has she ever ignored us when we make a point to try for longer than five minutes.  If we have to get in contact with her because of something big, we can.  She is always there if we need her.  She knows we don’t unnecessarily call.”

  “What’s your point?”  He shoved Himchan’s hands off of him as I sat up and angrily ruffled my hair and sent my leader another text message asking where she was.

  “We can’t get in contact with her.”  I breathed.  “We saw her a quarter of an hour ago with some guy with a gun she was clinging to.  She made a point to get us to back off but there were times she looked damn scared, and while she has good acting I’ve never seen her go this far.  She won’t reply to a text and ignores all the calls we send.”

  “What guy?”  Jongup asked as he came down the stairs.

  “Any chance he had black hair, skinny and weak looking, and seems to protect her?”  Yongguk hissed.

  “That’s the guy; except this one had a gun and reacted like Ashiya does.  He’s hiding something.”  Himchan replied.

  Yongguk pulled his phone out and sent a text before bringing his phone to his ear and making a call.  “Come on Ashiya, this is your personal cell, pick up.”  Cursing he punched a new number in and called once again.  “Black Widow, where are you?”

  “No answer?”  I asked him, tossing my phone across the warehouse and breaking it against the solid wall.  “Oops.”

  “Why did I almost get attacked by flying electronics?”  Mizuki asked, raising an eyebrow at us.

  “Ashiya’s gone silent.”  I told her.

  Mizuki shrugged, “She said she would be for a few days.  She can take care of herself, you know this better than I do.”

  I sighed and got up.  “I wouldn’t make a problem out of it, save for the fact she’s acting like you and hanging around a boy with a gun without a mask on.”

  Mizuki looked at the ground, “Yeah that doesn’t seem like something she would do.  I’ll give her a call, she wouldn’t ignore mine,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter