17 - Youngjae

Gang Royalty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I tried to stay away from the rest of the crew as much as I could for the remainder of the journey.  There wasn’t a need for me to stay around them when they were trying to keep everything from me.  I didn’t need to get involved in what they were doing on this ship, I was just here to help where needed and get to my next destination.

  So I made sure to keep my nose out of what I didn’t need to be in.  So when the ship was stopped half way through the voyage I stayed away from what was going on.  I didn’t get in the way and didn’t let myself be seen, but that didn’t stop me from hearing what was going on and seeing things I shouldn’t have.

  I knew one of the faces that came aboard the ship.  It was one drilled into my head to remember for the rest of my life when I was a child.  The hierarchy of the three Mafia’s was one we had to learn and understand well, we had to put faces to positions and names to those faces.  There are very few faces and names that I don’t know in the Mafias, very few indeed.

  Viper, that’s who came aboard this ship and I couldn’t let him see me.  While I may look very different from what I did all those years ago he knew my face from back then well.  We both got very good looks at each other at a terrible time.  I can only hope he has forgotten about me, it would be best for everyone if no one ever remembered just who I am or who I was.

  I stayed in the shadows as I watched them remove everything that was in the large crates loaded on this ship.  Every weapon this freight was carrying was removed with no explanation given when the other crew asked.  Money was given to the crew that tried to ask or say anything which caused them to shrug, take the money and turn a blind eye.

  All I can do is watch and take note of everything that is going on.  I don’t need to put the puzzle together or even have all the pieces, because even just a few puzzle pieces are better than having nothing at all.  I can link things together just fine as I have things.  I can put a puzzle together in my head even if I have missing parts.

  Within the span of two hours everything was removed save for the crates themselves, which were then resealed as if nothing had happened.  Passing this off as a routine thing done by the mafia I didn’t think more of it that I needed to.  I was solely on this ship to work and get away from Nisin, nothing more.  No matter what I hear, see or come across none of it matters.

  I’m not part of that any longer, I have nothing to do with anything from my past anymore.  While I’m shaped by my past it isn’t part of my life any longer.  The past is the past and it can’t be changed but it won’t become my future anymore.

  The last day of sailing went by in a flash and we docked in Kareen as soon as the last ray of light fell below the horizon.  The whole crew met where the cargo was currently at and were given instructions to move the large now empty crates to the pick up point the two men in charge of this freight would be meeting the buyer.

  A hand clamed around my shoulder once we finished moving the crates, “You did good boy.”  The man that brought me aboard the ship said, “If you don’t want to stay aboard when we head back for Nisin grab your things and go.  Thanks for the help though.”

  I nodded, “I’ll just get going then.”

  Pulling his hand off my shoulder I left to go back towards my room and grab all my things.  A few days at most here in Kareen before I leave once again; maybe Farcosa this time around, I haven’t really decided yet. 

  Passing the room the rest of the crew where in I carelessly saluted with two fingers gaining nods in response before the door was shut and I continued on my way.  The ship was silent as I soundlessly made my way through the metal belly.  My room was a two minute walk from where I currently was currently, only a few more minutes and I will be off this ship.

  My steps froze as I heard the sound of boots tapping on metal.  It was the faintest of sounds, but my ears were trained to hear a pin drop at a distance of five meters in a crowd.  The soft sounds of silenced footsteps were nothing for me, not any more.

  Each of the persons steps was carefully calculated and made with extreme precision and silence, but not silent enough.  Cocking my head I shut my eyes and listened with my whole body.  The person was getting closer to where I was, and it wasn’t anyone from the crew since I know where all of them where.

  Seems like the buyer is here already and going through places they shouldn’t.  And from what I know about this deal it would be best not run into anyone.  Looking around there wasn’t anywhere I could keep myself hidden since I could hear the opening of doors as the intruder made their way around.

  Looking up I was a few pipes in the perfect places.  Changing my center of gravity I launched myself upwards and soundlessly grabbed the sturdy pipes.  Hooking my ankles over another pipe not to far away I held myself a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter