16 - Youngjae

Gang Royalty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy April Fools everyone.

And yes, this is a REAL update, no jokes.  Tought you might like to be introduced to a new character that I love very much in this story.  So far he is my favorite character.  Hope you love him as well.  

 

YOUNGJAE~

 

 

 

 

  Three Months Ago

  Paying for my latte I left the small coffee shop as I continued walking through the busy streets.  No one even spared me a single glance as I walked across the street.  No one ever turned their heads as I walked or even noticed as I showed up or left a place.

  I may be human, but I never felt any relationship with anyone on the planet.  I’ve only had one real connection with another human being, but they were taken from me.  I don’t even feel human anymore, not after everything I have done and all I know how to do.

  I never had parents or a family.  I barely even had a childhood; my earliest memory was learning how to fight and protect myself.  My only skills have to do with surviving in the worst conditions and how to kill without leaving a trace.  I’m a trained assassin from birth and it’s all I know.

  I’ve killed more people than I can even count and have no way to escape this life.  Not anymore at least.  Maybe when I was younger I could have escaped and had a normal life, but its impossible now.  Even though I have no records and no real name it’s to late for me to turn my back on all of this.

  Someone bumped into me causing me to stumble a little snapping me out of my thoughts for a moment.  The boy – no older than I was – apologized as he continued on his way.  I could recognize him from the underground club I competed in to make money to survive with.  Mostly dance battles went on there, but the odd night they would host a fighting competition and I’m still reigning champion for the past two years.

  When I start to see people around that I know on some level I know it’s time to move on.  I’ve been living the Nisin city for the past four years; I’ve been on my own since I was nine and have lived the past eight years with no one to help me.  I was nine when the people training me took my away from my partner and abandoned me.

  I hated them for throwing me away like I was nothing when I didn’t show the exact potential they were looking for.  I was better than anyone my age and anyone three times my age but I was still never good enough.  I don’t blame the only friend I ever really had for being better than me, it’s not her fault she caught on quicker than me.  I stayed in Kareen for four years as I survived alone and trained even harder, did my own runs to get money.  I killed for pay more in those four years than I ever had before and made a small name for myself within the people that were willing to pay my prices.

  Just before I left I happened to run into one of my trainers, the only adults I knew growing up.  I was a street kid then with a whole hell of a lot on money, but knew how to cover my tracks.  He looked down on me as weak and useless when he found me hiding in the slums of the Kareen city.

  I killed him that night.  Long and painful was the death I gave him.  I used everything he taught me, and things I picked up over the years to make his death one he wished he never had to endure.  I made him realize that he made one fatal mistake when he cast me aside and got on my bad side.

  They let a highly trained and extremely skilled assassin out into the world with no ties to anyone and no emotions to care.  I laughed as I watched him die slowly in front of me.  The second adult that trained me found me in Nisin only a year after I came here.  He died just the same way, regret obvious that he didn’t see what potential I had and used it to his advantage.

  I’ve kept a few tabs on the girl I trained with but that was long ago before I left.  I sometimes can barely remember her and I have to fight to keep those memories alive.  I can’t lose that last tie I have to my humanity.  She has probably already forgotten about me, I wasn’t anything special, so what reason would she have to remember me anyway.

  Knowing what was planned for us a little, she has probably already joined the Kareen Mafia and found her birth parents.  She is no doubt the best of the best with more power and wealth under her belt then either of us ever thought we might get when we were children.

  “Oppa!  Wait up!”  A girl yelled across the street as she rushed to keep up with a male not to far ahead of her.  It only took a single look at the two of them to know what was going to come tonight.  I knew that boy; I’ve seen him around a lot in the underground in Nisin.

  That girl was going to either wined up dead or sold into ion within the night.  She didn’t even know what was going to happen to her or who her boyfriend is and she will regret chasing after him soon enough.  I had to shake my head at them, serves her right for getting mixed up in all of this. 

  I wasn’t going to do anything about it.  I see things I’m not supposed to see everything day, I’ve watched murder and drug deals, even the selling of girls and boys in many places but I never interfere.  I never stop anything I just watch, call me heartless and cruel all you want because I will only agree with you.  I’m all of that and more.

  The one thing I have learned over the years is to look out for myself and only myself.  Getting mixed up in things that aren’t my problem only causes problems and gets myself in situations I would rather not be in.  I look out for myself only, it’s everyone else’s problems what they get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter