Something I Don't Know

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

Hyesun blinked her eyes a few times when Kyungsoo was getting closer.

“Kyungsoo-ah… you.. you...” Hyesun was lost in her words. Kyungsoo gulped as he was inches away from Hyesun.

“You got something on your right eyebrow” Hyesun pointed. She burst out laughing so hard and rolled down on the floor. “How the hell did you get mustard on your eyebrow?!” She continued laughing.

Kyungsoo was very dumbfounded. He froze in his position. “What was I think of doing just now?!” He whispered to himself. He got up on his feet and turned to the mirror behind his couch.

He was shocked with his right eyebrow too. “Wow when did that get there?!” He wiped it off and turn to Hyesun who was still giggling on the floor.

“I thought you dyed it yellow just now. So, I didn’t say a thing.” Hyesun wiped away her tears from the laughter.

“Aigoo.. Kyungsoo-ah if you can’t afford to buy a dye tell me, next time  I’ll lend you some of mine okay.” Hyesun patted Kyungsoo on the head.

“You always do that… I am not a kid you know, and actually you’re younger than me. I’m the one who should be patting  your head !” Kyungsoo is really pissed whenever Hyesun patted his head.

“Well I can’t normally do it to other guys you know, because they are all very tall but I can reach your head just fine.” Hyesun smiled at Kyungsoo in a way to .

Among his other friends and cousins he was the shortest. That is the fact that he wanted to avoid talking about with anybody. Although, among the girls he is still considered tall but the fact that he is considered short among guys hurts his pride especially when Hyesun make fun about it.

“Alright now, let’s go. I said I’ll walk you home.” Grabbing his sweater he tied it around Hyesun’s waist.

“It’s freezing outside, your legs will freeze if you walk around only with your skirt on.” Kyungsoo gave his comforting smile. Hyesun just nodded her head and tighten the sweater on her waist.

Kyungsoo always take good care of Hyesun. If Hyesun ever get sick he'll be the one who worries the most. Although Hyesun is 17 now, to him she is still a fragile girl who needs to be handle carefully.

They walked silently together in the cold dark night. The wind was blowing swiftly. The cold night wind brushed softly on their bare skin which made them shivered.

Suddenly Hyesun grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand. Kyungsoo was startled by her sudden action.

“Now my hands are freezing. You know if you are worried about me you should be worry about my hands too not just my legs.” Hyesun babbled about herself. “These hands are very precious you know. Without it there wouldn’t be a wonderful pianist at our school’s Music Club you know – ”  

Kyungsoo took off the sweater he wore and wrapped it around Hyesun’s petite body. He took her hands and tucked it in the side pockets.

“Arasso,,, arasso,, there you go I’ve just saved your precious hands. Do I get a reward now?” Kyungsoo cut Hyesun’s words immediately. He knows if he doesn’t, she would continue all night long talking about how precious she is. But, Kyungsoo cannot deny about it because to him she is precious.

After walking pass a few houses they arrived at Hyesun’s house. “Thanks Kyungsoo for walking me home. Although you don’t have to it is only a hundred meters away.”

“Ouh,, how would you know it’s only a hundred meters away?” Kyungsoo turned to Hyesun looking amused. “Did you use a meter ruler?” He asked jokingly.

“Yeah ! I used a meter ruler you know. Haha.” Hyesun clapped her hands looking proud.

Kyungsoo burst out laughing hearing Hyesun’s answer. “When did you do such nonsense stuff?” He asked wiping his tears away.

"Well,, I did it once when you were away, hmmm I think when I'm 11 ?" While Hyesun was trying hard to recall when she did such stuff, Kyungsoo just continued laughing.

“Ouh shut up ! If you only going to make fun of me.” Hyesun kicked his legs and stomp away. Swang the gate open she shouted. “Goodbye Do Kyungsoo!”

Kyungsoo hold in his laughter and calm himself back.

“Hyesun-ah ! I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo shouted back but he didn’t sound apologetic Hyesun just ignored him.

“Ouch that hurts.” Kyungsoo rubbed his legs and just smiled to himself. He just likes to and hear her calling his full name ‘Do Kyungsoo’ whenever she is pissed.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Mom,, why isn’t breakfast ready yet? I’m going to be late to school and Kyungsoo will arrive any minute now.” Hyesun shouted from the kitchen hoping that her mother in the bedroom would hear her.

“Mom ! you haven’t prepared breakfast – ” Hyesun stopped her sentence when she swung open her mother’s bedroom door. There she saw it again. It’s not like it was the first time she saw it. Her mom was in deep sleep snuggling with another man. Every time that happens it would never be with the same man.

She slammed the door close. Grabbed her school bag and ran outside of the house. Although it was not the first time it happened but how could she be comfortable with it. Seeing her own mother acting like she was living her own life without even considering about her daughter’s feelings made her sick.

“Jung Hye– . Ouh Hi ! you’re early today I was just about to call you” Kyungsoo waved his hand when she saw Hyesun coming out of the house.

“Hyesun-ah why are you crying? Did something happen?” Kyungsoo grabbed Hyesun’s shoulders and looked her in the eyes. Hyesun didn’t answer she just hugged him and rest her head on his chest. Kyungsoo didn’t say anything he just hugged her back and patted her head. He understands the situation well because it was not the first time this happened to him too.

“It’ll be alright. Have you had breakfast yet? Here I packed you some food in case you haven’t had breakfast yet.” He took out a few sandwiches from his backpack and leaded her to a bench at the park across her house.

“Nevermind,, let’s eat later okay I’m not that hungry. We’re gonna be late you know.” Hyesun wiped her tears away and gave Kyungsoo a smile.

Although her mother didn’t care for her sometime, she still manages to continue her daily life with a smile because she has someone like Kyungsoo for her to lean on. Whenever something is wrong with her Kyungsoo wil always makes it right. Whenever she has problems Kyungsoo will be there to solve them for her.

To her Kyungsoo is like a brother to her. That would not let their sister hurt. A brother who would take good care of his sister.In other definition, Kyungsoo is like an umbrella to her. An umbrella that would protects her whenever it rains. An umbrella that would not let even a single drop of rain wet her.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Here take the sandwiches make sure you eat them before the class starts okay. Ouh and also..” Kyungsoo went through his backpack again. “Here your favourite strawberry milk.” He hand it over the milk to her.

“Okay.. Haha sometimes I wonder what more things that you brought inside your bag.” Hyesun said.

“Hey Kyungsoo ! Come here there is something I need to tell you.” A sudden voice interrupted them at the school gate. It was Chanyeol.

Chanyeol is actually a practical teacher at their school. He was in charge of the Music Club as an Assistant Supervisor. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo knew each other because Chanyeol was one of Kyungsoo's cousin friend. Rather than being in a student-teacher relationship at school they considered being as hyung-dongsaeng relationship.

“Well I got to go that hyung is going to be annoyed if I don’t catch him up, see you during recess okay.” Kyungsoo pinched Hyesun’s right chick and ran towards Chanyeol.

“Yaa Do Kyungsoo!” Hyesun rubbed her right chick that Kyungsoo pinched. Kyungsoo just waved her goodbye.

“Aigoo look at you being all lovey-dovey at the school gate.” Yoomi patted Hyesun’s back which make her turn her attention away from Kyungsoo.

“What nonsense are you talking about Yoomi. He is just my brother you know. A very good and caring brother.” Hyesun said proudly showing off the sandwiches and milk she received.

Yoomi is Hyesun’s bestfriend since she was in middle school. They know each other because Yoomi once asked Hyesun a favor to send her love confession to Kyungsoo. But they didn’t work out well. Kyungsoo said he had someone else. Surprisingly, even Hyesun didn’t know who that someone is. Maybe he just said it to decline her in a polite way. Since then, Yoomi started being friends with Hyesun and she already got over her feelings for him.

“Well that’s what you are thinking just brothers and sisters. How would you know how he feels towards you?” Yoomi said in a teasing voice and elbowed her.

“Ouh come on I know it very well. We’re like siblings for about 12 years now. I even slept over his house before. Trust me I never had ‘that’ kind of feelings towards him.” Hyesun said.

“Well like I said that’s what you think. How about him?  ” Yoomi asked raising her right eyebrow and smirked. 


Author's Note:

Okayy late update,, sorry,,sorry,, being all lazy lately ^_^

Ouh although 14/1 just passed I just wanted to put this up HAHA 

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY KIM JONGIN !