Bad Feelings

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

“Wow,, wow,, easy guys. I was just kidding. Why would I date someone like her?” Kyungsoo chuckled and shook his head in disbelief.

“You know if someone got to know her like, really know her. I bet no one would like to date this spoiled girl.” Kyungsoo continued and took a sip of Hyesun’s Strawberry Milk. Although he said that, but somehow in his heart he denied it. It would be like a dream come true if Hyesun dated him.

“Ahh hyung !!! you got me all excited over nothing.” Tao gave Kyungsoo an annoying look and put down his chopstick on the table being pissed.

“Yaa ! what do you mean that no one will date me.” Hyesun gave Kyungsoo a furious look. “You think there will be a person who’d date you?” Hyesun hissed back at Kyungsoo.

“Of course there will. I am the school most charming guy you know.” Kyungsoo winked at them.

“Look at this hyung.. very sick of himself even the cleaner ahjumma didn’t know you although she’d been working here all her life you know.” Sehun shook his head and gave Kyungsoo a sick look.

“Yeah ! and as if I’d date someone like you. Eew. It’s kind of disgusting right to date each other? I can’t even imagine dating my own brother!” Hyesun added while Yoomi just continued eating and ignored them.

Kyungsoo suddenly choked on his food upon hearing what Hyesun just said. Disgusting? Being together is disgusting to her? Kyungsoo questioned himself. He was just trying to . He didn’t expect that she would hate it that much. He got up from his seat and took his half-emptied tray with him.

“Sorry guys, suddenly I remembered that I have something to do. See you later. Ouh and Hyesun I might be late today so don’t wait for me to walk home together.” Without waiting for Hyesun’s answers Kyungsoo turned and walked away feeling pain.

“What’s up with him all of a sudden?” Hyesun frowned feeling confused and turned to her friends.

“Don’t know,” Sehun shrugged his shoulder. “He’s just busy maybe.” Yoomi added. “Yeah he said he’s busy recently right?” Tao continued they all continued to eat without being all suspicious.

Somehow Hyesun doesn’t have a good feeling about it. Did I said something wrong?  She continued eating her food and went back to class with her friends feeling burdened by what just happened.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Kyungsoo-ah come here for a while.” Chanyeol called Kyungsoo who was walking with his head down at the hallway.

Without rejecting him like he always do, Kyungsoo walked towards Chanyeol. “ Ah songsaengnim, I told you not to just call me like we know each other, aren’t I?” Kyungsoo complained.

“Why wouldn’t it be great if people know that we are close? You might get a girlfriend you know?” Chanyeol said with a winked.

The entire school admired Chanyeol. He was a top student there a few years ago. There were countless girls tried to hit on him and he always plays hard to get. But only Kyungsoo knows that Chanyeol likes to play around with the girls around him. When Chanyeol decided to be the practical teacher at school after he graduate, the girls at their school were more than pleased about it because they still had the chance to hit on him.

“No thank you songsaengnim,, I really don’t like the attention, really.” Kyungsoo said looking convinced.

“Haha, anyways, have you heard about Kai? He texted me yesterday he said he’ll be in Korea tomorrow. He’s on the plane now.” Chanyeol asked while scrolling down his phone to open the text massage.

“What? He’ll be here tomorrow? I didn’t know about that. He only said he’ll be here soon.” Kyungsoo looked away. Suddenly he had a bad feeling about Kai coming back although he was really looking forward to meet his cousin but something just don’t feel right.

“Maybe he forgot.” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulder. “Well you know that brat. He always do things his own way.I wonder when will he learn to be considerate to others?” Chanyeol shook his head and smiled.

“Yeah when he’s here tomorrow, I’ll make sure to teach him right.” Kyungsoo tucked his hand in his pockets. “Well hyung, I’m going to class now. See you later.” Kyungsoo raised his right hand for a goodbye and continued to walk casually.

“Yeah,,yeah,, go study kid. And hey,, you called me ‘hyung’ just now.” Chanyeol hissed back. “Haish these kids always do things their way.” Chanyeol talked to himself.

Ignoring Chanyeol, Kyungsoo just walked towards his locker and took out some of his books. Suddenly, He started to think about what Hyesun said just now. Her words kept running through his mind. Although they are very close, saying that it would be disgusting to date him was just too harsh.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Settling himself next to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo flipped open his notebook and started to go through his History notes before the teacher arrive. Their History teacher Mr.Xiuimin always make a pop quiz before the class starts. If they don’t want to end up working out with him in the gym and run around the school field the class better answer them correctly.

“Huh?!” Kyungsoo startled when Baekhyun suddenly elbowed him. “Kyungsoo did something happen?” Baekhyun asked when he realized that Kyungsoo had been staring at the same page like forever.

“Aniya,, I’m okay.” Kyungsoo answered simply. “Pfft,, stop lying it’s obvious that something’s wrong.”  Chen who was sitting behind Kyungsoo kicked his chair from the back.

“Yaa,,yaa,, stop pissing him off.” Baekhyun hissed at Chen who only like to tease others.

“Let me guess. Your lover did something today? She teased you? Seduced you?” Chen leaned forward from his table and whispered in between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo turned towards Chen and took his History notebook “Aigoo,, this person never learn.”He hit Chen’s head. “Yeah serve you right.” Baekhyun added and he too smacked Chen’s head.

“Arasso,, arasso,, I was just kidding.” Chen rubbed his head and sat back. “You guys always team up to smack me. We’re friends you know.” Chen hissed fixing back his messed hair.

“I know so thank me that I only smack your head instead of kicking you with my Hapkido skills.” Baekhyun turn to smirk at Chen.

Kyungsoo just shook his head and smiled. He turned back to his notes and tried to focus on his notes. On the other hand, Chen and Baekhyun had started to wrestle each other at the back of the class.

Having guy friends are indeed the best way to let you off your worry thoughts. They always keep you company and entertained. Although sometimes we intend to get into fights and cursed each other, but it will be solved at the end of the day and everything will be back to normal like nothing ever happened. Well, we tent tend to forgive and forget easily.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Kyungsoo-ah do you want to follow me to the airport tomorrow? ” Mr.Do took a sip of his black coffee before turning to Kyungsoo who was standing with his back at him.

“Arasso dad,,, are they going to stay with us or Uncle Kim prefer to stay at their villa?” Kyungsoo replied while doing the dishes they had for dinner.

It had become a routine for him to do the dishes, clean the house, doing the laundry and serving food for Mr.Do. Ever since his mom died when he was 14 it was hard for them both to adjust with the house chores. But, Kyungsoo insist in taking over his mother role in the family since his father is busy with work. Although they only live with each other, his dad still needs to earn money for them to live.

“I guess they’ll be staying at their villa. You know it would be uncomfortable for them to stay here the whole family anyway.” Taking another sip of his coffee Mr.Do shifted his sit on the couch for Kyungsoo to sit.

Taking off his apron and rubber gloves Kyungsoo went and sat next to his father and switched on the television. Reaching for the remote control he started to change channels.

“Ouh how’s Hyesun anyway? It’s been a while since I checked on her.” Mr.Do asked scrolling down his phone probably replying some texts from the office.

Kyungsoo’s father was Hyesun’s father bestfriend. They’ve known each other since college and they still contact each other every now and then. Even before Mr.Jung left Hyesun and his wife, he contacted Mr.Do to ask him a favor to look after Hyesun instead of his family. It’s obvious how he actually still treasures Hyesun a lot.

Kyungsoo put the remote control down and swift his hand through his hair. “Yeah she’s fine. As usual.”

Without being curious of his son sudden change of mood Mr.Do continued, “It’s about time for her to find a date now. Why don’t you help set her up with someone. You’re her dependable brother aren’t you?”

“Emm,, Yeah dad I’ll probably do that.” Kyungsoo stood up from the couch. “I’m off for a night walk. The weather’s seems nice tonight.” Without waiting for his father answer Kyungsoo took his coat and left.

Tucking his hands in his denim black jeans, Kyungsoo walked across the road and to the park nearby Hyesun’s house. “Yeah right I am only his dependable ‘brother’ after all.” Kyungsoo kicked a small pebble in front of him. He let out a sigh and white smoke came out of his mouth.

“It’s freezing out here to be walking alone you know.” A familiar voice captured Kyungsoo’s sensitive ear. He turned to see the owner of the voice.

“Can I join you for a walk?” Hyesun asked giving him a warm smile. “Yeah sure. ” Kyungsoo answered shortly.

“You know you’re kind of weird back there during recess. Is there anything wrong?” Hyesun took her pace beside Kyungsoo.

Hyesun sudden question went straight to his mind. “Huh? Weird? What’s weird? I’m fine.” Kyungsoo answered without giving a thought of what he would say. He just responded when she asked.

Hyesun just chuckled. “Relax Kyungsoo, don’t freak out I’m just asking. Anyway, how’s Mr.Do doing?”

“Ah he’s fine. He just asked about you though.” Kyungsoo walked closer to Hyesun when he realized that Hyesun was shivering. “Are you cold? Here take my coat.” Before Hyesun could say anything Kyungsoo wrapped his coat around her.

Hyesun gave him a soory look. “I’m fine just take it. You’re the one freezing here.” Kyungsoo said when he realized that Hyesun felt sorry for him.

They walked quietly taking their pace slowly to breath in the night breeze. Every now and then their hands would brush into each other. Kyungsoo felt a funny feeling whenever Hyesun’s hand brush off his bare skin which made Kyungsoo’s heart beats faster than it should. What is wrong with me? We’re only walking together? Kyungsoo tried to calm himself.

“Erm,, Kyungsoo-ah can I sleep at your house tonight? It’s kind of inconvenient for me to be at home right now.” Hyesun broke the silence between them after taking a few steps along the park.

Kyungsoo halted his pace and turned towards her. He was about to said no when suddenly he saw tears began to flood her eyes. “Something’s wrong again at home isn’t it?” Kyungsoo said while Hyesun just stood facing the ground.

Without even waiting for Hyesun’s answer, he wrapped his arm around her and held her in his embrace. He let out a sigh and patted Hyesun’s head.

“Just cry, it’s been a while since you did that. Gwenchana, just cry. I’m here.” Kyungsoo said in his low toned voice. Hyesun just gritted her teeth trying to hold back the tears which in the end brake down.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Kyungsoo-ah,, Kyungsoo-ah,, where is this kid? We’re going to be late.” Mr.Do called out for his son to accompany him to the airport to fetch their relatives walking down the stairs he went towards the dining table.

“Eh,, no breakfast today? Is he sick?” Mr.Do raised his eyebrows when he saw the empty table. He went upstairs to check on Kyungsoo. When he opened his bedroom door he finds it weird when he’s not there.

“Seriously, where is this kid?” Starting to get pissed he went back downstairs. As he crossed the doorway he saw Kyungsoo’s sneakers and an unfamiliar pair of girl's boots. “What’s going on here?” He asked himself remembered about the guest room beside the kitchen, Mr.Do took his time towards the room.

Seeing the door which is not completely closed, all sorts of things went through Mr.Do’s mind. “Did this kid bring a girl home?!”

Swinging the door open Mr.Do yelled.“Do Kyungsoo !!! What do you think you’re doing with– Hyesun?!”


Author's Note:

Hope you like this new update.. ^_^

Where's Kai?? Okay he'll be out soon just wait >.<

Do comments, subscribes and upvotes ;D

Here's D.O during his filming of his debut movie "Cart" as Tae Young