They Would Comeback

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

“Alright class, now turn to page 121 of your Literature Textbook. There you would see a poem written by William Shakespeare with its title ‘A Lover’s Complaint’. Now would anyone care to read a few lines for me?” Fixing his spectacles on his nose bridge Mr.Joonmyun eyed the whole classroom waiting for a volunteer.

The whole class seems lifeless whenever it is time for Literature. Only a few of the nerdy-type student fine Mr.Joonmyun’s lesson interesting. Others never found it interesting especially Hyesun.

Ever since she started high school she kept questioning herself, why did she take the Literature Class anyway? But then she remembered, her dad was a poet. She remembered how her father would read her some lines before tucking her in to bed at night. She promised him that she would take Literature in high school although she didn’t plan on being a poet.

Although her dad left her when she was thirteen, she believed in Kyungsoo’s word that maybe his father would comeback if she tried harder in learning Literature. She never hated her dad. She believed that there must be a concrete reason for him to leave her mother and her. She believed that he will come back.

As Hyesun started to yawn and stretch up her hands Mr.Joonmyun called her. “Hyesun ! alright its good seeing you taking my class seriously. You always volunteered in my class. Please read the first stanza for your friends okay.” Mr.Joonmyun seems satisfied with Hyesun volunteering in his class.

Sehun, Tao and Yoomi just chuckled at Hyesun’s back. This kind of things often happens in the Literature Class. She always got picked out by mistake when she was actually stretching her arms for Mr.Joonmyun’s boring class.

Without being offensive Hyesun just stood up and glared at her friends who were laughing at her. Turning back to Mr.Joonmyun she just gave her an insincere smile.

FROM off a hill whose concave womb reworded
A plaintful story from a sistering vale,
My spirits to attend this double voice accorded,
And down I laid to list the sad-tuned tale;
Ere long espied a fickle maid full pale,
Tearing of papers, breaking rings a-twain,
Storming her world with sorrow's wind and rain.

Suddenly the whole class started to pay attention the moment Hyesun started to recite the poem. The way she recite it was full of emotion as if the poem portrayed what she was feeling.Her classmates looked at her amazed of the way she delivered the poem beautifully.

“Thank you Hyesun. You never fail to impress me during my class.” Mr.Joonmyun praised her, “Actually this problem is hard to be delivered with the right feelings but you’ve recited it very well.” He continued.

The poem, is about the speaker who sees a young woman weeping at the edge of a river, into which she throws torn-up letters, rings, and other tokens of love. Then, An old man asked the reason for her sorrow, and she responded by telling him of a former lover who pursued, seduced, and finally abandoned her.

It really portrayed what Hyesun felt. Her father once promised to never abandon her, her father once said that having her as daughter is a blessed.

But, in the end, he left. He left her with nothing but a deep scar which wounded her fragile heart. Every day she prayed that he would comeback, someday.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Hyesun that was awesome. I never thought that you would be paying  attention in that granpa’s class.” Sehun wrapped his arm on Hyesun’s shoulders.

“Yeah it was awesome! Once I thought that you were like the heroin in a movie who was left by your prince charming. Oh, it’s so sad.” Tao wiped off his tears which started to blur his vision.

“Oh, Tao cut it out. You’re such a crybaby! It was just a poem.” Yoomi smacked Tao’s head.

“Hyesun-ah look! She did it again. She smacked my head again.” Tao clinged on Hyesun’s right arm and pouted.

They laugh seeing Tao’s reaction and continued their pace along the hallway to the cafeteria for recess. This was their daily routine. Hanging out together, making fun of each other they’ve been together at the end of middle school.

At first, Hyesun only hanged out with Yoomi but since they both were grouped with Sehun and Tao for the end school project in middle school they had been stuck together up till high school.

Sehun has always been one of the main attraction in their school. Even the noonas tried to hit on him, but he never like such stuff so it was hard for him to find a real friend who wouldn’t take advantage on him except for Tao. Tao was the only person who would be friends with him without having a purpose of gaining popularity from others.

Tao was often bullied before for being such a crybaby. But since he was friends with Sehun he too started to gain attention from others. He too had the looks. It was a burdened for Hyesun and Yoomi at first but after getting to know each other. They were very comfortable with each other.

Also, Hyesun and Yoomi is not the type to hang out with the boys to seduce or hit on them. They just wanted to be friends, a good friend.

“Hey where’s Kyungsoo hyung? Is he not going to eat with us again today?” Sehun asked Hyesun while raising up his right eyebrow.

“Mulla-yo~~ I don’t know.” Hyesun started to stuff in food into . “Did guys fight or something?”  Yoomi asked focusing on Hyesun.

“What?! No, we never fight you know. Hmm,, he’s just busy nowadays I guess.” Hyesun said calmly.

“Are you disappointed with Kyungsoo hyung? He might be busy so please understand.” Tao added. Hyesun just smiled.

She was fine with it though, Kyungsoo didn’t eat recess together with them recently. She didn’t feel anything. Why would I be disappointed? She asked herself.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Kyungsoo walked to his locker after punching in his combination number, he swang open  the locker and placed in some of his books. After he closed it back his phone from his left pocket vibrated.

It was a text message from Kai.

From: Kkamjong~

Kyungsoo hyung ! how have you been? HAHA I missed you a lot. I wasn’t able to contact you before because I was busy with my dance class. Mianhae hyung :) Anyways I have a good news for you ! We’ve decided to settle back in Korea. Well dad said at least I got to stay back with Joonmyeong noona for a few years. Mom and dad had to go back to the States next year with Jungah noona you know she’s married right, so she decided to settle in the States as well. Hyung my class is starting call me some time okay. Bye hyung!

Kyungsoo chuckled after reading the text message. “Look at this brat after years of leaving me here. Suddenly, he is making a comeback.” Talking to himself he continued his pace towards the cafeteria.

Kim Jongin, Kai, Kkamjong is all the same person. The only son in the Kim’s family. Kai’s father had been travelling back and forth from the States to Korea. His parents owns a business in partnership with the successful Heirs Group in the States.

Actually, Kai and Kyungsoo are not real cousin because Kyungsoo’s father was actually adopted by Kai’s grandparents. Still, Kyungsoo and Kai’s relationship is so close that people never know that they are not actually related.

“Hey kids, sorry I’m late.” Placing his tray next to Hyesun, Kyungsoo settled down beside her. He grabbed her drink and gulped it down.

“Aigoo,, look at this hyung, I can’t predict him at all.” Sehun shook his head in disbelief.

“Yeah he came out of nowhere and suddenly taking someone else’s drink.” Hyesun snatched her Strawberry milk back and gulped it down.

“Sorry, guys I’m busy with my school works lately, well I guess this is what Senior Year would be like.” Kyungsoo took Hyesun’s plate and took out the vegetables in her fried rice for her.

“Look at them being lovey-dovey every time they are together.Hyesun-ah you could take it out yourself you know.” Yoomi stared at them.

“Why wouldn’t you guys date each other? I would love to see a happy ending.” Tao interrupted being in his Barbie-mode again.

“Yaa ! Micheosseo?! Why would I date him? We’re like siblings you know. How can you date your own sibling?” this time Hyesun smacked Tao’s head.

“Aah Kyungsoo hyung ! look at them they keep smacking my head!” Tao rubbed his head and glared at Hyesun.

“Huh? We’re not real siblings you know...” Kyungsoo suddenly spoke.

Everyone stopped eating and turn to look at Kyungsoo. Hyesun stared at him. They tried to interpret what he just said.

“Are you really going to date her?!” Tao asked in excitement. Hyesun just widened her eyes with Tao’s sudden question. Kyungsoo turned to look at them and smiled.


Author's Note:

Hye,,hye,,hye,,, ^_^

hope you like this chapter. Anyways, Kai..Kim Jongin..Kkamjong.. is going to come out soon so do anticipate it :D

Please subscribe,,upvotes and leave some comments

You can be mean,,nice,, anything in the comments. I'll try harder to improve myself THANK YOU !

AND CONGRATULATIONS for EXO on 28th GOLDEN DISK AWARD~~ they won 2 awards; Bonsang and Daesung !!