Confused

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

“Hyesun,, Hyesun,, Yaa!” Hyesun flinched the moment Yoomi slapped her arms, “What? What happened?” Hyesun looked around observing her surrounding as if Yoomi was pointing at something.

“You’ve been dozing off again, are you even listening?” Yoomi stood in front of her best friend with her hands on her waist. “Sorry I’ve been caught up with something.” Hyesun replied soullessly.

“What happened? You were fine during class,” Yoomi raised an eyebrow curious about what were bothering her best friend. “Nothing, just forget it.” Hyesun shrugged it off.

“Aren’t you going back?” Hyesun asked while tidying her desk. “Yeah I just said that I’ll be going home just now, but you ignored me.” Yoomi hissed. Hyesun just smiled as an apology, since she had to clean the long hallway all by herself she had to stay back until evening till she finishes her job.

“Hyesun-ah, are you sure you don’t need our help?” Sehun asked from the doorway as he was about to leave with Tao.

“Yeah, I’m fine alone.” Hyesun smiled, she was glad to have all her friends which cared for her and she never intend to take them for granted. After packing up her stuff she walked through the almost empty hallway towards the janitor’s room. Settling down her backpack she tied up her hair and folded up her sleeve since she’ll be mopping the long hallway, might as well keep herself comfortable to work.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Need help?” a familiar voice interrupted as Hyesun was putting all her strength in carrying the pail filled with water. “You’re still here?” Hyesun widened her eyes surprised when the pail wasn’t longer in her hands.

“Yeah, I just finished submitting my last assignment.” Kyungsoo smiled while carrying the pail for her. “So, what did you get yourself into today?” He asked provokingly since it wasn’t Hyesun’s first time to be staying back after school.

Hyesun just rolled her eyes, “Huh, I dozed off in class.” Kyungsoo chuckled, “Ahh, let me guess in math class?” He asked still chuckling. “Ouh stop making fun of me.” Hyesun slapped Kyungsoo’s arm.

“Well someone looks like he’s in a good mood.” It’s been awhile since Hyesun had been hanging out with Kyungsoo, well thanks to the childish fight they had and all the assignments Kyungsoo had to do since he’s graduating. It’s been awhile since Hyesun saw Kyungsoo smiled.

“Yeah, I’m in a very good mood, I’ve finished my assignment though.” Kyungsoo smiled. Again it was a lie. Not the assignment part, but the good mood part. The whole day he was trying to busy himself from thinking about what he saw earlier in the hallway where Kai and Hyesun looked like they’re happy and back together. And of course Kyungsoo doesn’t want to be immature as of avoiding Hyesun again because he was mad or jealous. Although, being scared of confessing his feelings to her was still considered immature.

“Kyungsoo-ah I just cleaned that!” Hyesun shouted on top of her lung when Kyungsoo purposely stepped on where Hyesun just mopped with his dirty shoes. “Ahahahaha,” Kyunsoo laughed since he always finds it cute whenever Hyesun scolded him.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’ll clean that.” Kyungsoo smiled and continued to mop at other places. “You did that on purpose didn’t you?” Hyesun pinched his cheeks as Kyungsoo was mopping beside her.

“Yaa,, Yaa,, I said don’t treat me like a kid.” Kyungsoo tried to avoid her hand but Hyesun was too quick. “Serves your immature attitude.” She said sticking out her tongue and letting go of his cheek.

Kyungsoo rubbed his cheeks and walked towards the pail with his mop. He smirked when he suddenly thought about having revenge. “Hyesun-ah,” Hyesun turned when she heard Kyungsoo calling him.

“Do Kyungsoo!” Hyesun shouted when she saw dirt stained was all over the floor again. Kyungsoo had his sports shoes with him in his backpack, so he decided to get Hyesun pissed again by changing his shoes and stepped around with his dirty sport shoes.

“Ouh you are so dead.” Hyesun walked towards Kyungsoo looking dead serious, while Kyungsoo just giggled childishly. What is so wrong with this guy today?! Hyesun found it very odd for Kyungsoo to be this childish.

As Hyesun was getting closer Kyungsoo took a few steps back too that’s when he accidently knocked down the pail behind him and spilled the dirty water all over the place. “O-Ow.” Kyungsoo bit his lips knowing that Hyesun would really be killing him for making the mess.

“Yaaa!” Hyesun exclaimed and this time she came running towards him completely pissed off. Kyungsoo tried to run away but then he slipped and landed on his back, “Ouch, that hurt.” He gritted his teeth with his back completely lying on the wet floor.

“Huh, that’s for being childish!,” Hyesun hissed satisfied with Kyungsoo being punished by the world. “That really hurts,” Kyungsoo turned to his side and rubbed his hip. “Don’t pretend to be hurt now,” Hyesun stood in front of him with her hands on her waist.

“You better get up and clean up your mess or you’ll never see the world tomorrow.” Kyungsoo chuckled again hearing Hyesun not-so-threathening statement although he was really hurting.

“My back really hurts,” Kyungsoo sat up still rubbing his back which was now socked by the dirty water from the pail. “Ugh, help me up.” Kyungsoo let out his hand asking for support. Hyesun just frowned, this guy is being really childish today she thought. But, still she offered her hand.

Because of the slippery floor, suddenly Hyesun found herself lying on top of Kyungsoo. As she was trying to pull Kyungsoo up a few seconds before, she slipped on her feet and landed completely on top of him. Their face was only inches away and their lips were only strands away from touching each other.

Kyungsoo looked at her in the eyes, and Hyesun looked at him back still not moving like they had no intention to part each other. Kyungsoo’s blood was rushing up his body and his heart was pounding fast. He wished that it could stop because it would be embarrassing if Hyesun found out how much he was nervous and enjoying that moment. But, somehow he could feel Hyesun’s heartbeat pounding the same pace as his. Is she being nervous with him? Why would she if she only considered me as her brother? Kyungsoo thought.

Kyungsoo didn’t know if he was being ignorant or just being stupid, he didn’t know where did he mastered up the courage but he just had the urge to do so, because the situation was really testing his patience and he was a man after all.

Without hesitation he leaned forward making the strands distance between their lips gapless. The warmth of Hyesun’s lips could be felt sending shivers all over his body.

Hyesun’s eyes widened the moment her lips was captured. It clicked her that she should be pushing him away since it’s something wrong to do with someone who you considered as your brother. But, a part of her was telling her to just go with the flow.

To Kyungssoo’s surprise Hyesun was actually kissing him back, clutching her hands on his uniforms as if her life was depending on it. This time the kiss lasted longer it wasn’t a peck like what Kai did back in class nor the surprise kiss Kyungsoo did on the street.

Kyungsoo was very confused, he didn’t know what was the right thing to do anymore. He only intend it to be just a light kiss but it ended up with him topping Hyesun on the wet floor the kiss was getting insane and Kyungsoo had to snap out of it and trying hard gaining back his conscience to part the kiss.

Both of them were panting, out of breathe, staring at each other, feeling confused, wronged, sinned, “I think we have to clean upeverything and get home now.” Kyungsoo stood up and pulled Hyesun up trying to act as normal as he could.

Hyesun in the other hand was trembling, still didn’t know what really happened. She felt dizzy, also confused with what she just did back there.

No words came out only some serious cleaning was done. Mopping the floor with only their back facing each other, only the sound of the mopped being swoosh from side to side could be heard.

After putting everything back in the janitor’s room and locking up the room, they both make their way home still only silence filled.

“Hey, could you help me out with my Math questions this evening,” Hyesun was the first to break the silence on their way back home. Kyungsoo took a glanced at her, “Yeah sure. I got time.” He said looking back ahead.

Both of them acted like nothing happened, no one tried to ask or question what happened back in the hallway. Kyungsoo tutored Hyesun in the evening like he normally did. Making and laughing at each other jokes like they always did. Everything was just plain normal.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Yoomi you better get your here right now!” Hyesun commanded the soonest she was connected to Yoomi. “Why? What happened?” Yoomi who was lying on her bed sat straight up after Hyesun told her something happened and sounded like she commited some nuisance thing.

“Geez, I’m getting dressed right now wait will you?” Yoomi put Hyesun on the loud speaker when her phone rang again as she was changing into some descent clothes. “Okay, Okay I’m so out of my mind right now,” Hyesun sounded panick.

Glad Chen was kind enough to give Yoomi a ride to Hyesun’s house when she texted him some major girl problem just happened. That’s how sweet and kind type of cousin Chen is.

After only one knocked Mrs.Jung’s door house swung open, Hyesun pulled Yoomi up to her bedroom. Yoomi didn’t even get a chance to say Hye at Mrs.Jung who was watching the TV with a man probably someone she grabbed along the way back from work.

“Okay, let me calm down first.” Hyesun walked back and forth in her bedroom as Yoomi was seated on her bed.

“What’s wrong? You’re making me scared here!” Yoomi creased her brows still didn’t know what was happening.

“I don’t know where to start,” Hyesun sat beside her bestfriend fiddling her fingers like she was holding some secret of the world that couldn't be told.

“Oh My God! Just tell me already!” Yoomi was getting really anxious, “You sounded like you’re getting yourself pregnant or something.”

“I got kissed today!” Hyesun exclaimed almost shouting, her head was getting really messed up since everything happened at school. The Math tutoring she had in the evening was pointless because she didn’t even focus a bit when Kyungsoo was tutoring.

“You what?!” Yoomi was taken aback, “How? No I mean, Who?” Yoomi was confused too since she find it just normal when someone got kissed that is if he/she got confessed or something, what could be so shocking of being kissed? Hyesun was acting like she commited a sin or something.

“Huh, Kai did.” Hyesun sighed. “Kai?? Wow you guys are realy going in a fast pace here,” Yoomi was a bit surprised since she thought that it was only a week or so since they known each other.

 “What’s so devastating of being kissed by him? You’ve got yourself a boyfriend than!” Yoomi nudged Hyesun being happy for her friend since finally she could experience real love, it’ been so long since she’s being single.

“No, you just don’t understand,” Hyesun sighed being frustrated. “He wasn’t the only one kissing me.”

“You got a twosome in one day?!” Now Yoomi is getting interested, she knew that her friend was a beauty although Hyesun wasn’t the hottest girl in school, but having smooched by two guys in one day is really something.

“Who’s he?? Do I know him??” Yoomi waited for Hyesun to answer, “Tell me, Tell me, Tell – ”

 “It’s Kyungsoo!”

“What?!” Yoomi widened her eyes, she knew that Kyungsoo had his eyes on Hyesun for so long since she had a crush on him. Yoomi really got over with Kyungsoo when she realized that Kyungsoo was only waiting for Hyesun. She expected that the day when he confessed would come, and no offense, Yoomi is one of the Kyungsoo – Hyesun shippers too. But, she never thought that Kyungsoo would be that aggressive to just jump into Hyesun that way. That was the one making her surprised.

“How did you react?!” Yoomi was more curious now, “Did you pushed him away?” “Hyesun-ah my curiosity is killing me here!” she shooked Hyesun’s shoulder since she had been silent.

“I kissed him back, okay!” Hyesun bursted, “I didn’t know what I was doing too,” “I didn’t know what I was thinking!” Hyesun ruffled her hair.

Yoomi in the other hand was smiling form ear to ear. She was feeling like a proud mother, ready to send her daughter off getting married. “Kyaaa~!! This is so exciting.” Yoomi jumped to her friend giving her a tight hug, “I told you he had a crush on you!” Yoomi clapped being so excited alone.

“God, why are you so happy?? I’m so confused here.” Hyesun massaged her forehead feeling like her head was about to explode.

“What’s so confusing?? He likes you, so he kissed you. You like him too, so you kissed back. See it’s that simple.” Yoomi explained like she was the counselor of some love doctor or something.

“No, no, this is wrong.” Hyesun shook her head, “I didn’t have any feelings for him okay, I only thought of him as my brother.” She added.

“Pfft, get a grip of yourself girl!” Yoomi rolled her eyes in disbelief, “Who would’ve kissed back someone that she thought as only her brother???” “You liked him and you’re just too scared to admit it.”

Hyesun stared blankly at Yoomi didn’t know which is right or which is wrong anymore. She thought that she still had her feelings for Kai.

After Kai kissed her in the classroom, her heart won’t stop racing, she felt something tingling in her stomach. Isn’t that the hint of you’re in love with someone?

When Kyungsoo kissed her, the only thing she felt was confused. But, to her surprise she was kissing him back. Then what does that suppose to mean?


Author's Note;

Am I being super late updating this series?? >_< so sorry,,~ I just got in college and the internet connection is freaking slow in my room,,!! 

huh hope this cliff hanger isn't so dissappointing lol my friend said that I should be trying next =,=" lol Should I???

Do subsribe / comments / upvotes okay,~!! xD