Misunderstand

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

“Miss Hyesun you better explain yourself!” Mr.Kris deep voice, fill the entire Art Class. Looking Hyesun straight in the eyes he waits patiently for her answers. The whole class just remained silent. Sehun, Tao and Yoomi looked worriedly at Hyesun

Hyesun turned to her friends and widened her eyes ‘help me!!’ was wtitten all over her face. Yoomi and Tao just turned away without knowing to do anything but Sehun winked at her. Getting what Sehun was trying to tell her she turned back to Mr.Kris.

“Well, you see Mr.Kris..my mom..she’s kind of sick..so…I,” scratching the back of her head Hyesun gazed away and struggled to arrange her words. “I have to take care of her.” Hyesun look back at Mr.Kris in the eyes. “I don’t dare to leave her alone. You know she’s a single mother..” Hyesun started to put in her acting skills. She managed to fill her eyes with tears too.

“Okay, I understand what you’re saying.” Eventually Mr.Kris fell for it. “Go and take your sit,” Rubbing his own eyes Mr.Kris asked Hyesun to take her seat and continue with the class.

Mr.Kris may be furious with people ditching his art class, also usually he’ll take no to any excuse given. But there’s only one excuse that would break down his stoned heart. Whenever a topic about mother is opened, he’ll be very sensitive. Despite his cold-looks deep inside he’s just a spoiled mother’s boy.

“Woah how did you do that? You have to teach me acting sometime!” Tao whispered from behind Hyesun. Sehun who sat beside Tao just gave her a high-five. “Glad you get my sign though usually tou’re slow with body language.” Sehun added.

“Yeah, like I couldn’t understand that wink. You’ve done that many times whenever you lied though.” Hyesun stick out her tounge. “That was very easy to read.” Hyesun took out her sketch book and her drawing pencils.

“Okay,, okay,, now shut up guys before Mr.Kris blew us off.” Yoomi gave everyone a death glare that nobody dares to talk back to her. “Where were you? You forgot about class aren’t you?” Yoomi whispered beside Hyesun.

“Huh looks who’s talking,, you just ignored me just now you know.” Hyesun hissed at Yoomi sitting beside her. So much of calling a best friend, what kind of friend turned away when you’re desperate for help?!

“I’m sorry,,I didn’t know what to do. Chill already. I’ll treat you later okay?” Giving Hyesun her innocent smile, Yoomi convinced her friend to shake off her anger. “Now tell me what happened?”

“I forgot about the class. I over slept at Kyungsoo’s house last night.” Hyesun answered back and rolled her eyes. “It was very a tiring night for me you know.” She added.

Yoomi’s eyes widened hearing Hyesun’s answer. Slept? Kyungsoo? Tiring night?! Wild thoughts began to fill Yoomi’s head. Arranging back what Hyesun just said, it really sounds weird. Weird enough for high school student in adolescence phase to misunderstand.

 “You better explain to me later!” Yoomi just clenched her fists and engulf down her anger and curiosity. Her anger is not about being jealous of her ex-crush and her best friend but to her Hyesun is just too innocent and naïve to do ‘that’ kind of stuff.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

As soon as their Art Class ends, Yoomi dragged Hyesun outside. Sehun and Tao looked at each other being clueless with the stuation. Packing up their stuff, Tao and Sehun ran to catch up with Yoomi and Hyesun.

“Why are you dragging? Wait I haven’t packed my stuff though.” Hyesun kept on being drag outside the school park. Yoomi didn’t say anything she kept on dragging her. Hyesun stared at her friend with a blank face. Honestly, what had she done wrong actually?

“Okay, tell me what did you do last night? Gosh, Hyesun we’re just 17! How could you slept with Kyungsoo?!” Yoomi bursted out what she had been holding in since the Art Class started.

“What’s wrong with it? We’re close anyway, is it a crime I slept with him?” Hyesun answered back staring at Yoomi while blinking her eyes looking innocent.

“Woah you did what?! With Kyungsoo hyung?! Haha that guy isn’t innocent after all.” Suddenly Sehun’s voice joined in the conversation.

Carrying Hyesun’s bag on his shoulder and her sketchbook in her right hand Sehun raised an eyebrow looking amused.

“What? What? What’s wrong with Kyungsoo hyung sleeping?” Tao looked at everyone, he was the most innocent out of all of them anyway.

Hyesun stared at Yoomi’s and Sehun’s face. She tried to understand what they’re trying to say.After a few minutes, Hyesun bursted out her laugh. Finally she could her friends referring to.

“How could you guys be like this to me? Seriously? You guys are such erts!” Hyesun wiped away her tears from the laughter.

“You thought I did ‘something’ with him last night? Woah you guys are really insane!”

“Seriously even if it’s the end of the world something like that wouldn’t happen. Trust me.”  Hyesun calm herself after letting out all of her laughter.

Yoomi just scratched her head after hearing out Hyesun. Sehun on the other hand just cough. They were probably ashame of themselves for thinking of something that is M rated.

Meanwhile, Tao was still in his clueless mode. Sehun grabbed Tao on the shoulders and explained to him that it was nothing. Before walking off with Tao, Sehun handover Hyesun’s things and headed off. Yoomi just stay quite along the way walking home with Hyesun.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Hyesun-ah, I’m sorry for the misunderstanding.” Yoomi spoke clenching on her sketchbook she held with her.

“No, really it’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.” Hyesun tapped Yoomi shoulders. “Get on, the bus arrived.” Hyesun pointed at the bus stop where Yoomi always take her ride home. Her house was abit far from school, so she took the bus every day. Sometimes, she would sleep over Hyesun’s house.

“I’ll be fine walking home alone. Don’t worry.” Hyesun words brush away all the worries that Yoomi had.

“Okay, take care. Go straight back home okay. Don’t fall for strangers giving out candy!” Yoomi shouted as she was about to board on the bus.

Hyesun may seem mature with her face and body figure but her thinking doesn’t seem that way. She’s the type who would fall for something easily. Word wise, she’s still not ready to face this cruel reality world alone.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ “Naega saraganeun iyuneun neoya…
    Dasin mot bol geot gata jeongmal jugeul geot gata.
       Nareul saranghaejul sarameun neoya…
Eodum sogeseo nareul bichwojwo.”  
♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Walking on the side walk with her hands in her pocket, suddenly Hyesun phone rang. With her new B.A.P; Angel caller ringtone ringing in her right pocket she fish it out with her right hand. Unlocking her screen lock ‘Squishy-Soo’ was written on the incoming call.

“Hey, Kyungsoo-ah what’s up?” Hyesun spoke as soon as she hit the ‘accept’ button on-screen.

“Where are you? You didn’t reply my texts.”

“Ouh I’m on my way to your house right now. I just remembered that I have an Art Class today so, I left.”

“Ouh my house? Erm, we have guests though come here later. Just go home for now, okay.” Kyungsoo answered on the other side of the line. He sounded serious.

“Why? I can help entertain the guests too. Who is it?” Hyesun halted from her walk. Kyungsoo never told her not to come over before. Creasing her eyebrows she waited for Kyungsoo’s answer.

“Ouh hyung, you’re here. Come out uncle made dinner.” A familiar voice resonated from the other line of Hyesun’s phone.

“Kyungsoo-ah who’s that? Why did he call you hyung?” Hyesun started feeling uneasy. Something doesn’t feel right, she thought. It’s like she have heard of that voice before.

“We’ll talk later. Listen to me, Just go home okay.” Kyungsoo hung up the phone as soon as he spoke. Without even explaining what’s going on he hung up on Hyesun.

Hyesun stood there motionless for a few minutes. She doesn’t like the curiosity that was filling her thoughts.

She continued walking home with a lot of things lingering in her mind. As she was about to open her gate, she took a peek at Kyungsoo’s house who was not that far from hers. She saw a tall figure closing the gate. She knew well that that figure belongs to neither Mr.Do nor Kyungsoo.

The figure just went back inside the house. Hyesun just tried to ignore her curious thoughts and went inside her house. After having a quick shower, she threw herself onto her comfy bad and snuggled with her huge stuffed animal, Mr.Owl.

She peeked through her phone every minute in case there’s any text from Kyungsoo. She stared at the ceiling and back to her phone.

A sudden buzz from her phone was enough to make her sit straight in her bad.

"Hyesun-ah I’m at the in front of your house. Wanna join me?"

"Wait. I’ll be there."

She just gave the text massage a quick reply and grabbed her sweater before heading outside. “Mom I’ll be out for a minute.” Shouting towards her mother’sbedroom door she just walked pass it  and went outside.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Hey,,here sit.” Kyungsoo stood up as soon as Hyesun walked over him. Patting the sit next to him, Kyungsoo asked Hyesun to sit.

“Something came up this afternoon.” Kyungsoo said looking up at the sky. He put his hands by his side to support his body, lifting his head up.

Feeling a bit odd seeing Kyungsoo like this, Hyesun just sit still and looked up at the sky with him. Thinking of what she wanted to say, she arranged her words well to avoid from making Kyungsoo uncomfortable.

“Nevermind if you can’t tell me. I understand.” Hyesun suddenly spoke up. She got up from her sit and went towards the swing.

Eyeing Hyesun figure towards the swing, Kyungsoo too got up on his feet and walked towards the swing next to her.

“No, I thing if I don’t tell you, than you would misunderstand though.” Kyungsoo said. He sounded serious with his sudden deep voice. He started kicking the ground to make the swing move back and forth.

“Just tell me later okay, suddenly I’m not curious about it anymore.” Hyesun followed what Kyungsoo just did. The night breeze brushed over their bare faces. “I have an Art Class this afternoon you know..”

Just like that the night pass without even any one of them bring the topic about who was at Kyungsoo’s house that afternoon. Hyesun just told him about Yoomi and the guys misunderstood them sleeping together. Kyungsoo just be a good listener to her as always.

He had done it since they were kids. Being a good listener to Hyesun was like his part-time job, because he knows that Hyesun don’t usually tell about her life with others easily even Yoomi. She is not the type who is open-up with others. She likes to keep things to herself rather than share it. That is why she often feels lonely.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

The next morning Hyesun woke up as usual. She took her shower, brush her teeth and get into her school uniform. She tied her hair into a ponytail and looked at herself in the mirror. “Let’s try on a new hairstyle today.” She said to herself in front of the mirror.

“You look different today, did you get yourself a boyfriend?” Mrs.Jung asked as soon as she got out from her bedroom.

“No mom, I just felt like tying it up.” Hyesun just ignored her mother and chewed off her last piece of toast.

“Well okay, it’s been a while since you’ve tied your hair.” Mrs.Jung said walking towards the coffee-maker to make herself a cup of coffee.

“Ah, it was since you were in middle school, remember? It’s when you had your first love.” Mrs Jung continued and sat across Hyesun and while waiting for her bread to be toasted. She fixed her black suit for work before gulping down her black coffee.

Hyesun almost spit out her glass of milk when she heard what her mother said. “Mom, I told you to never bring that up.” She said raising her tone suddenly.

“Okay. I’m sorry my mistake.” Mrs.Jung said not being offensive.

Hyesun got up from her sit and sling over her backpack over her shoulders. Saying her goodbye to her mother she wore her shoes and slammed the door behind her.

“First love?! Why did she had to bring that up?!” Being angry by what her mother just said Hyesun just continued to walk to school.

Kyungsoo couldn’t walk to school with her that day, he said he had to go first because he had something to do. Hyesun didn’t bother to ask what was it. She didn’t want him to feel annoyed early in the morning.

When Hyesun reached her school suddenly she felt a strange feeling. Something is just not right. She felt. Ignoring her feelings, she just walk towards her locker to take her books.

“Hyesun-ah did you heard about it yet? Oo new hairstyle” Sehun suddenly appeared beside her locker.

“Woah you scared me Oh Sehun! Heard about what?” Hyesun gave Sehun a smack before taking out a few books out of her locker.

“Your seat was moved to the back. Our homeroom teacher switched you with Dohyeon because she has bad eyesight.” Sehun said with his expressionless face, with his hands in his pockets.

“Ouh I know about that. She told me about it. I’m cool with it.” Hyesun closed her locker and walk with Sehun to the class. Well it was not that bad. Her sit was just behind Sehun although Sehun is tall but she still manage to see the blackboard.

Walking towards her new seat, her heart suddenly pounded in her chest. Woah, what is with me today? She waved at Yoomi before heading towards the back. She talked it out with Yoomi yesterday about the seat. Although at first Yoomi was against her changing seat but considering Dohyeon bad eyesight she finally agreed.

“Why is there an extra table beside me?” Hyesun asked Sehun who was sitting in front of her.

“Ouh I don’t know about that.” Sehun answered shortly.

“They said we’ll be having a transfer student from the States today.” Tao who was sitting beside Sehun spoke.

“Wow we’re getting an international friend now?” Yoomi joined in the conversation.

As they were talking the class door slide open. It was Mr.Xiumin. “Okay class let’s start with our History class.” He said as soon as he put his books down on the table.

Instead of hearing pages being flipped open, a sigh from the students were heard. Well who likes a boring History class anyway, except for Tao who’s addicted with the subject.

“Yeay it’s my favorite subject.” Tao squeaked and open his History textbook and took out his notebook. Sehun just yawned and stood up his textbook to cover his face and place his head on the table.

As Mr.Xiumin was immersed on telling stories about some old man who was courage enough to lead a war, Sehun was immersed in his deep sleep. While, Tao was busy taking note of every word said.

Hyesun started to yawn after only 15 minutes the class started. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. The sleepy students were startled from their seats. As the door slide open, all eyes were at Mr.Suho who was at the door.

“Sorry to interrupt your History class Mr.Xiumin but I have someone to bring in.” Mr.Suho said smiling at Mr.Xiumin. He called over some name from the class door. Sehun who was sleeping, woke up when he heard Mr.Suho’s voice.

“What happened?” Sehun asked rubbing his eyes.

“It’s the new kid, I guess.” Tao whispered. “Ouh Hyesun, why do you look so pale?” Tao turned to look at Hyesun who was suddenly breahing heavily.

“I don’t know. I just felt something strange since this morning though. Maybe I ate something wrong.” Hyesun said trying to calm herself down.

Mr.Suho pulled the new student inside the class and stood facing the students. The class which was as quite as grave before during the History class, suddenly became noisy with the buzzing sound from the girls.

“He’s cute!”, “Woah he looks cool.”, “Ouh he’s handsome.” Whispers began to swarm inside the classroom. As everyone was busy talking to each other, Hyesun eyes widened as she saw the figure standing in front of the class.

“Okay, class keep quite!” Mr.Suho asked the class to settle down. Amazingly, the students began to quite down and everyone just focused at the front waiting for Mr.Suho to introduce the new student.

“Okay, his name is – ” Mr.Suho was about to introduce his name when suddenly a voice interrupted from the back of the class.

“K..Ki..Kim Jongin.” Hyesun voice broke the silence filled in the class and all head turned towards her.

“Ouh I see you have met a friend here before.” Mr.Suho turned to speak at Kai who stood there dumbfounded himself. “Well everything seems fine go and take your seat.” Mr.Suho pointed the seat next to Hyesun.

After talking to Mr.Xiumin for a few minutes, Mr.Suho left the class. “Okay class let’s continue with our lesson, ouh and welcome to the new student.” Mr.Xiumin let out his smile before continuing with the lesson.

Kai just walked pass the students who were still whispering about him. His eyes was only fixed at one thing. Hyesun. Jung Hyesun.

Sehun and Tao just gave him a glare as he walked pass them. “Sehun-ah I don’t feel good about this.” Tao whispered at Sehun. “Me too. Something’s wrong.” Sehun replied they both turned to look at Hyesun who was putting down her head facing the table.

“Hyesun-ah,, it’s been a while.” Kai deep voice reached Hyesun ear. Hyesun couldn’t lift her head up, it suddenly became very heavy that she couldn’t do anything. Suddenly, tears began to roll down her cheeks. 


Author's Note:

I am truly sorry for the late update =,="

I couldn't get my  mind straight nowadays,, anyways I hope you enjoy this update,, ^^

This is just the beginnng of the plot twist HAHA =D

Ouh and nowadays Mr.Oh Sehun is getting on my nerves~!! XD 

and Congratulation to EXO for winning at 20th Korean Entertainment Arts Awards~~! ^^

Don't forget to comments,,subscribes,, and upvites ^^ thank you~~!!