Being Angry

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

“Hyesun-ah, are you okay?” Yoomi tapped Hyesun's shoulder when she realized her bestfriend kept on looking around the cafeteria like she’s searching for someone.

“Ouh, yeah I’m fine. It’s nothing.” Hyesun just gave her a friendly smile before taking another bite of her sandwich. She was actually searching for a figure that just left her hanging yesterday.

After Kyungsoo took her lips by surprise last night, he just led her to her gate and waved her goodbye without even staying to accompany her as he promised. Hyesun was left dumbfounded by his action. Embarrassed? Disgusted? Satisfied? She herself doesn’t know what she felt about the kiss. Is it intentional? Or just an accident? A lot of questions were running through her mind.

“Hey, who are you searching for?” Sehun nudged on the left side of her shoulder, when her gazes were all around the cafeteria again. Hyesun just shook her head and finish her food.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Kyungsoo-ah you don’t look so good.” Baekhyun placed one of his hands on Kyungsoo’s forehead. “Dude you’re hot!” he said loud enough to gain other students attention who was having their recess at the school park too.

Chen who was sitting beside Baekhyun started laughing. “And what’s so funny?” Baekhyun turned around to look at Chen who suddenly bursted out laughing.

“You said he’s hot, haha.” Chen continued laughing. “You know like you’re saying he’s hot. People might think you’re gay!” Chen slapped Baekhyun’s back and just wouldn’t stop giggling.

“Hey Chen, do you wanna die?!” Baekhyun gave him a punched on his shoulder. “He’s sick! That’s what I meant, pabo-ya.” Baekhyun flicked Chen’s forehead.

Finally, Chen stopped and sat straight again, “Really? No wonder he didn’t talk much during class.” Chen changed his position and bend forward to reach Kyungsoo’s forehead, “Ouh, I think you have to go to the infirmary.”

“No, It’s nothing.” Kyungsoo removed Chen’s hand from his forehead. “I’ll be heading to class first then.” Kyungsoo stood up and left his friends under the tree where they usually sit for recess. “What happened to him?” Chen turned to Baekhyun and Baekhyun just shrugged.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Hyung!” as Kyungsoo was walking along the hallway towards his class, Kai ran towards him and tapped his shoulder from the back.

“Ouh, Kai-ah, what’s up?” Kyungsoo turned to face Kai.

“I just wanted to ask where the Dancing Room is.” Kai showed him a piece of paper which seemed to be like his schedule being scribbled with drawings. “Chanyeol drew me the directions but I seemed to not find it.” Kai scratched his head.

“Come on I’ll show you,” Looking at his watch Kyungsoo insisted him that he still got time.

“hyung, you don’t look so good.” Kai asked as they were walking up the stairs. “Really? Do I look that bad?” Kyungsoo asked continuing his step. “Yeah,” Kai nodded.

After the kiss last night Kyungsoo couldn’t even sleep for even a minute. His heart was heavy like it would drop out of his chest. The scene of their lips touching kept on playing over and over on his mind. He felt stupid doing it. Also, he was amused. The moment their lips touched he didn’t know that it would be so addicting that he couldn’t part away from her. How would he know how it felt like to kiss? That was his first kiss after all. When he woke up the next morning he was having a high fever already.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Kyungsoo opened his eyes the first thing that met his eyes was the white ceiling that was above him. He looked around still unfamiliar with the place. Where am I? He asked himself. He placed one of his hands on his head feeling dizzy as he tried to sit up on the bed.

“Ah,, you’re awake now.” A female dressed in white coat walked towards him. “You’re in the infirmary. You fainted earlier, your friend carried you earlier. Do you remember?” she asked, the female was the school nurse seeing her name tag hanging on the right pocket of his white coat.

“Egh,I’m fine. I need to go to class now.” Kyungsoo got out off bed and put on his shoes.

“It looks like you’re too late though,” the nurse looked at her watch. “School just ended. Your sister should arrive about now,” the nurse said.

“What? Sister?” Kyungsoo asked didn’t understand with what the nurse just told him. “Yeah, I asked your friend to call out for your sister just now.” The nurse replied.

As the door slide open, the person that he tried to avoid all day walked in, “Kyungsoo-ah are you alright?” Hyesun walked towards him and scanned his face. “Did you hit on anything when you fell?”

“I’m…I’m fine,” Kyungsoo looked away when the distance between Hyesun’s face and his was just inches away again.

“Okay, I’m closing the infirmary now.” The nurse said which made Hyesun turned away from Kyungsoo to look at the nurse. “You take good care of your brother okay, it seemed like he’s overthinking about something,” she added telling Hyesun about Kyungsoo’s condition. Hyesun just nodded and bowed to said thank you. Hyesun gave him his bag that she took earlier before coming to the infirmary after Kai told her about Kyungsoo.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Are you mad at me?” Hyesun asked as they walked along the sidewalk. “Huh?” Kyungsoo flinched surprised by her sudden question,“Why would I be mad?”.

“Well you’ve been avoiding me all day.” Hyesun said with her heads facing down. “I fainted you know how would I be confronting you,” Kyungsoo said trying to be sarcastic. “Yeah, and you even went to school without me.” Hyesun turned to him suddenly raising her voice hissing him.

“Sorry, if I provoked you last night.” Hyesun lowered back her tone. “I was just trying to ask you to stop being childish.” She continued, Kyungsoo just keep quiet trying to avoid the topic about the kiss last night, “You don’t need to kiss me if you want me to shut up.”

Her last sentence made Kyungsoo halted from his pace. He turned to look at her raising his eyebrows. “What?!” He asked this time he was the one raising his voice. “Yeah, I mean you don’t need to kiss me if you’re mad,” Hyesun said calmly stopping from her pace too.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and turned away in disbelief. He quickened his pace leaving Hyesun behind. “Hey! Wait for me” Hyesun ran trying to catch up with him.

Kyungsoo just left her behind and continued walking, as he passed Hyesun’s house he didn’t even turn around to bid her goodbye.

Do people normally kiss when they try to shut others up?! Do they kiss whenever they’re mad at each other?! What is she thinking seriously? Suddenly Kyungsoo became frustrated with how Hyesun interpreted the kiss last night. More than being frustrated he was mad.

Although he was suppose to be guilty because he took her by surprise last night, but the fact that Hyesun didn’t get the hint that he had feelings for her and thought that he’d do it out of anger, made him mad.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Hyesun let out a sigh as she entered her living room. “Mom, I’m home.” She threw herself onto the sofa and switched on the television, she started changing channel to distract herself from over thinking about what’s wrong with Kyungsoo.

“Hye honey, come on let’s eat I just prepared kimchi fried rice for you,” Mrs.Jung walked out of her bedroom probably just had her shower wearing just her bathrobe on.

“Mom, don’t you have work nowadays?” Hyesun walked towards the dining table and pulled out her chair. She rolled up her sleeves and ed the top buttons of her shirt being comfortable to eat.

“Okay, I’ll be going now, bye.” Suddenly a man walked out of her mother’s room. He walked towards her mother and pecked her a kiss goodbye. Hyesun just don’t bother looking and scooped the food on her plate.

“Maybe, I’ll see you later tonight?” the man whispered but loud enough for Hyesun to hear. Her mother pushed him away, “No, I have works to do. I got to tutor my sister here.” Hyesun almost choked on her food when she heard what her mother just said. Sister?!

Hearing a ‘No’ from her mother when a man asked to sleep with her again after the first night was usual to her because she don’t usually sleep with the same man for more than once or twice. But, telling them that she was her sister was something that a daughter from a divorced parent can’t tolerate with.

After the unknown man left, Mrs.Jung took her sit across Hyesun and started to plate herself some kimchi fried rice. “So, how’s school?” she asked as if it was normal to tell others that her daughter is her sister.

Hyesun just pushed away her plate and got up from her seat, “You ruined it mom.” She grabbed her backpack and went up to her bedroom and slammed the door behind her. Mrs.Jung blinked her eyes like everything was not her fault.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Yoomi, can I sleep over your house tonight?” After taking shower and changed into a long sleeve sweater and a skinny jean Hyesun packed up some of her suff into her backpack.

“What, are you planning on running away from home again?” Yoomi encountered her already familiar with this kind of phone call. Hyesun always called her whenever she wanted to spend the weekends away from her mother.

“Yeah, everything is so messed up here.” Hyesun stuffed in some cloth for her to wear tomorrow. She walked back and forth in her room, getting stuffs and put it in her backpack as if she was packing to move out forever. She was completely mad with her mom this time.

“I’m really sorry babe, I’m going to visit my grandparents tonight,” Yoomi said trying her best not to hurt her bestfriend. “But, we’ll be back tomorrow afternoon I promise, you could sleep over tomorrow,” Yoomi waited for Hyesun to respond when the line suddenly went quite.

“O..Okay, I’m fine tomorrow it is.” Hyesun stopped packing and sat on her bed. She was a bit disappointed but she couldn’t blame Yoomi for it. She just wanted to clear off her mind from all the things that happened.

Kyungsoo was the first person that she wanted to call but scared of making him annoyed with her more so she had no choice but to call Yoomi. Now where can she go? Tears began to blur her vision. She just couldn’t bare with the things happening, Kyungsoo was mad at her all day and now her mother didn’t even took her as a daughter.

“Hyesun-ah where are you going sweetheart?” Mrs. Jung asked seeing her daughter walking down the stairs. Hyesun just glared at her mother. Her mother was already dressed up although it was still early for her to seek pleasure with another man.

“None of your business mom, or should I call you unnie now?” Hyesun walked pass her mother and went towards the door.

She closed the gate behind her and clutched her backpack on her shoulder. She walked towards the bus stop and sat on the bench. She didn’t know where to go either. Usually she would be looking for Kyungsoo to have him comfort her but she knows that it was not the right time. Still, she couldn’t understand why Kyungsoo was so mad at her.

When the bus arrived Hyesun boarded the bus and took a seat at the back. The bus stopped 3 times but Hyesun was still in her seat. She still couldn’t decide where to go. She texted Sehun and Tao if they have a free time for her but unfortunately Tao flew back to China visiting his grandparents while Sehun had a family gathering.

How happy would it be for everyone to have a happy family all around, while Hyesun was just by herself although she have a mother, she felt like she was living alone by herself in this world. As the bus made it fifth stop near Myeongdong, Hyesun got off the bus and walked along the street with her backpack.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

As she was walking through the busy crowd, suddenly someone pulled her hand making her turning around. “Hyesun?” Kai stood facing her with a worried look. Hyesun widened her eyes surprised seeing the person that didn’t even crossed her mind before.

“What are you doing here?” Hyesun asked still surprised by Kai sudden present. “I should be the one asking you, come on let’s go its getting dark soon.” Kai dragged her out of the crowd still gripping on her wrist. Hyesun just followed him still being puzzled.

Kai’s phone vibrated again in his pocket, insisting that he got a new message. He didn’t bother checking it because he knows that it would be Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo called him a few hours ago telling that Hyesun left home and wandered off alone.

Earlier, Mrs. Jung called Kyungsoo asking if Hyesun went to his house bringing her backpack along with her. That’s when Kyungsoo called out her friends asking if she was with them and everyone said no.

He called Hyesun many times but he could only reach her mailbox. Kyungsoo was freaked out and called Kai instead asking him a favor to search for Hyesun with him.

Kai was about to take a nap when his cousin called but got straight up when he heard she went missing. Both of them know that Hyesun is not that independent to be alone by herself. Kyungsoo and Kai split ways to search for Hyesun. And greatfully, Kai found her.

“Where are we going?” Hyesun asked looking around when they’d been walking far away from Myeongdong. “Are you hungry? Come on let’s get you some food.” Kai said with his hand still gripping her hands. He was expecting her to pull away her hands from him but she didn’t.

“He’s with me hyung,” Kai picked up his phone which had been vibrating since earlier. Hyesun insisted to buy the food so she was standing in line at the counter while Kai took a sit beside the window facing the streets.

“She doesn’t look so good,” their conversation continued. “Don’t worry I’ll bring her home. Just rest hyung, I’ll take care of her.” Just like that their conversation ended.

Kyungsoo hung up the phone and got on the bus. Sweats were rolling down his face. He’d been running around looking for Hyesun with his sick body. He was so worried about her.

Why didn’t she call me? Kyungsoo sigh and ruffled his hair letting the water wet his hair. Well, he didn’t blame Hyesun for going out without telling him. She must felt neglected after he ignored her all day. After he showered, Kyungsoo checked on his phone hoping for a message from Hyesun or Kai but it was none.

He called Mrs.Jung asking if Hyesun had reach home but Mrs.Jung said she’s not home yet.

Kyungsoo was not worried anymore knowing that she was with Kai, he believed that Kai would take care of her. But, he was worried that Hyesun being with Kai would shake up her feelings towards him again. Somehow Kyungsoo doesn’t want Hyesun to be with Kai again. It hurts him seeing them together before and it’ll hurt more seeing them being together again. Is it selfish to have Hyesun just for himself now? Kyungsoo threw himself on the bed and tried to close his eyes.


 

Author's Note:

lol Kyungsoo just experienced a first kiss?! xD after 17 years of living~~

Ouh, I'm so frustrated...why couldn't Hyesun understand Kyungsoo's feeling for her >_< Anyways I hope that you like this update,,, ^^

Here's D.O for IVY CLUB;

Don't forget to subscribe, upvotes and comments ^^