Couldn't Tell

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

Days past, things changed. They weren’t like they used to be anymore. Although the sun still rise from the same place but the morning was different. Kyungsoo was not the one who would be waiting for Hyesun in front of her house in the morning or walking with her to school anymore.

It’s not that he doesn’t want to but comparing himself with his cousin he’s nowhere close to having the rights to keep her near anymore.

Althoug they’ve know each other for more than a decade. It doesn’t make him own her. In the end they’re just close friend and nothing more.

Although Hyesun still come by his house from time to time but it wasn’t as frequently as she did before. Well what can he expect? The girl already got herself a guy to spend her weekend with. Although Kai would sometimes ask him to join them on their outing, how could he? He’ll just get hurt by the end of the day.

“Hyung!” Kai ran towards Kyungsoo as he was about to leave the school gate. “Hey, aren’t you waiting for Hyesun today?” Kyungsoo greeted him with a smile. Kyungsoo didn’t hold grudges against him though. They’re cousin how could he?

Although it felt like his precious stuff was snatched away from him but how could he even hate Kai who he treasures equally the same.

“No, she said she’s going with Yoomi today.” Kai pulled up his loosen strap bag. “Can we grab some snacks before we go?” Kai pleaded like a kid wanting an icecream.

Since Kai’s been practicing on his dance nowadays, the teacher forbidded him from having any unhealthy food. So it’s been so long since he spoiled himself wih some.

“I know that face,” Kyungsoo wrapped his arm around his neck. “Come on I’ll treat you today.” He dragged Kai out of school and walked away laughing with each other.

Since he decided to let go of Hyesun the least he could do was acted like nothing happened right?

“So hyung, you’ll be graduating three weeks from now are you excited?” Kai stuffed himself with the nachos they just bought from the convenience store.

“Huh,” Kyungsoo chuckled. “I’ve been working my off this whole senior year though,” he took a sip of his cola, “It would be absurd if there’s anyone who’s not looking forward to end school.”

Kai just laughed back. Well he’ll be experiencing the same thing next year too with Hyesun and the others.

Kai took a glance at Kyungsoo, he was expecting that Kyungsoo would ask anything about his relationship with Hyesun the moment he asked him to hang out together. But to his surprise Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to care at all.

Hyesun haven’t told Kyungsoo yet about their relationship. So Kai thought that he would ask him about it since he and Hyesun had obviously been around each other for quite some times.

“Ah, hyung I heard prom is next week,” Kai nudged Kyungsoo’s shoulder, “Did you already got yourself a date?” he raised his eyebrow.

Kyungsoo almost spit his drinks out, “Prom? Date? Wow who said I was going to such event.” He wiped his mouth, “I’d rather go watch movies than attending prom, cos you know dancing isn’t my thing.”

Well that could be an excuse right? Although people nowadays didn’t attend prom just to dance tho. It’s a matter of having a date to go to one and spending the whole night without worrying themselves about school or things to come in the future. The night to only create good memory.

“Really? And I thought you were the type to even dance in the living room.” Kai laughed when he remembered how Kyungsoo tried to do a break dance when they were 10 and he eventually broke his mother’s vase in the living room.

“Yaa, don’t you dare bring that up now.” Kyungsoo slapped Kai’s back only earning his laugh in return making him laugh too in the end.

Kyungsoo really don’t dance but being stuck with a dancing machine cousin, he didn’t want to lose. So he tried dancing, even making him taking classes too. But at one time his dance teacher told him that he was better off singing. But he wasn’t that bad.

“Yeah, you got me,” Kyungsoo surrendered, “No date, so I won’t go.” Kyungsoo smiled calmly. He really doesn’t care much about prom because he wasn’t the type to play around well from the start.

“Aww,, come one hyung,” Kai laid back supporting his body with his arm on the ground. “Looking like this, with a voice that melts everyone when you sing, not even one admirer?” Kai raised his eyebrow, “Nonsense.”

“Just not interested,” he gulped down the last drop of cola from his bottle. “Come on let’s go.” Kyungsoo got up and brush away the dirt from his uniform. Kai just got up right after.

A boy hangout just turned out to be a gay date at the field near the park opposite Hyesun’s house.

“Lunch?” Kyungsoo asked as they were about to walk away. “Of course hyung! The usuals.” Kai patted he’s back and headed to Kyungsoo’s house together.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Hyesun arranged the last few books on the shelf before walking to the next shelf where Yoomi was there.

“Hey, I’m done.” “Wait I got a few more, just wait for me in front of the library.” Yoomi read through the labels on her books. “Okay,” Hyesun whispered.

Yoomi was one of the librarians in school. Once a week she would be in charge on rearranging the books in the library. It was a very boring job to do. Hyesun had no idea how Yoomi even ended up being one of the people involve with books. Since she was not like the nerd type.

Hyesun in the other hand was just being a good friend. Rearranging books in the library isn’t an easy job so she decided to help.

“Sorry I took you away from Kai.” Yoomi appeared just a few minutes after Hyesun stood outside.

“No, it’s okay he wouldn’t mind.” Hyesun blushed. She was still nervous being claimed like she belongs to him like that.

She never dated anyone after what happened in middle school. So she never experiences this kind of things. Being in a relationship was still new to her and she always looks forward for whatever happens day by day.

“Let’s grab some waffles before we go back,” Yoomi insisted as they walked down the road. “Don’t worry I’ll treat since you helped me out.”

“As long as I’m not paying, I’m okay with everything.” Hyesun linked her right hand with Yoomi’s being the happy girl who got treated for going good deeds.

That’s just how they are around each other. Being the girly type linking arms with each other. But when Tao and Sehun joined in they’ll both be the boyish type like punching each others shoulder when they’re hanging out. It’s not hypocrite. But just happens so when they’re into girls talk.

“So how’s Kyungsoo oppa?” Yoomi asked as they’re drinks and waffles arrived.

“Ah he’s…” Hyesun stucked in between her words, “Well I’m not sure,” she frowned. “Now that you asked it just hits me that we haven’t been hanging around each other much,”

“Wow this is new,” Yoomi cut her caramel chocolate waffle, “who would’ve thought about a day that you guys wouldn’t be stuck together like a glue anymore.” She continued.

“Well yeah, you know since I got myself a boyfriend so yeah,”

Hyesun played around with her straw before taking a sip of her drinks. Something just suddenly doesn't feel right when she thought that she haven’t been hanging around much with Kyungsoo.

“Did Kyungsoo already know about you and Kai?” Yoomi asked again. Earning Hyesun silence in return Yoomi shook her head. “You’re a one cruel sister Hyesun, Kyungsoo was suppose to be the first to know you know,”

Although Yoomi is Hyesun’s bestfriend too she knew that she wasn’t that close Kyungsoo’s level since he and Hyesun had been together since the beginning and she just joined them in the middle of their journey.

Kyungsoo deserve the first in everything Hyesun does, she thought.

Hyesun just continued eating her waffles. The feeling of guilt was slowly building up inside her.Is having a boyfriend made her to just forget her closest friend that easy? That was not how she should treat Kyungsoo she thought.

“I know, I’m bad.” Hyesun bit her bottom lips. “I’m going to his house after this though, I was thinking about telling him today,” she lied the part about telling him so.

“Well you better be,” Yoomi hissed. “Hmmm,” she suddenly sighed afterwards.

Since Yoomi once had a crush on Kyungsoo she would take note on every move he made. After she got rejected she knew that Kyungsoo already liked someone else. Hyesun. She was amazed by how Kyungsoo acted so coyly around Hyesun as if he doesn’t have feelings for her. But Yoomi just knew that there was something.

Now that Hyesun already got herself a boyfriend, how would he react? She suddenly felt sorry for Kyungsoo.

“Yoomi I’ll be going now okay, thanks for the waffles.” Hyesun grab his backpack and pinched Yoomi’s cheek for a goodbye before she leaves. Yoomi just waved her away taking her time to enjoy her waffle.

Hyesun slid out her cellphone from her pocket, scrolling down the screen to search for the contact she was looking for. “Ah, here.”

To: Squishy

Yaa,,~ I’m coming over. Just finished arranging some books at the library & had waffle with Yoomi.

You better get my lunch ready! Cos I’m so hungry I could die,, >_<

I’m on my way. Later ;))

Hyesun hit the send button as she continued walking towards her area. Messaging Kyungsoo was never awkward they would just order each other around for anything since that’s what they’d been doing years ago. Although some people might find it rude since she’s younger and all but they’ve been attached for so long. No hard feelings though.

Kyungsoo swiped his screen open and just smiled seeing the message. It’s been a while since they hang out with each other. Although she never told him why she kept been missing whenever he came by her house. But he knew what was going on between Kai and her. He just chose to keep quite and wait for her on words which never came.

“Now you’re even smiling with your phone?” Kai turned to Kyungsoo who stood by the sink.

“We’re going to have another company, I guess.” Kyungsoo washed his hand and started cutting the onions.

“What? Who?” Kai crossed his legs on the couched while munching down his potato chips.

“My beloved sister of course,” Kyungsoo said sarcastically trying to see how Kai would react.

He too was waiting for Kai to tell him about what’s going on between them but seems like he too won’t tell which made Kyungsoo felt more cast out. It’s like he wasn’t important anymore.

“Ah, Hyesun?” Kai suddenly sat up straight. “I thought she’s going with Yoomi?”

“She just texted me, they just had some waffles after finished rearranging the books at the library,” Kyungsoo started mixing the ingredients in the pan, “Knowing her waffle aren’t enough to keep her stomach full though.” He chuckled.

“Ouh, okay.” Kai scratched the back of his head. He was the boyfriend though, but he didn’t know much about her although they’ve once dated before but he never took note on this kind of things. Not to mention Hyesun texted Kyungsoo first instead of him. Just prove she’s more comfortable around him than himself.

But it wasn’t jealousy that took over him that time. Somehow he felt guilty for not telling Kyungsoo yet that he was back with Hyesun.

Kai already imagine what the consequences would be if he told him, it’s either Kyungsoo would hate him or He would just stay quite acting like he’s fine.

“Kyungsoo-ah I’m here.” Hyesun took of her shoes and her tone went slower when she saw another pair of shoes beside Kyungsoo’s.

“Get your here, the food’s getting cold.” Kyungsoo called out for her from the dining table.

“Ouh, Hyesun-ah hye!” Kai gave her a sincere smile, “I thought you’d be with Yoomi.” He asked although he already knew the answers.

“Yeah, just had some waffles though.” She tried to avoid eye contacts since the feeling of guilt is creeping her up when she remembered what Yoomi just said.

She took her seat beside Kai and started to dig into her food.

“So, is there anything you wanted to tell me?” Kyungsoo asked out of nowhere being so bold all of a sudden.

Kai bit his lips and took a glance at Hyesun. It was such an awkward moment. It’s not like they were seeking for their parents blessing or something. But telling Kyungsoo felt so wrong since he knew Kyungsoo’s feelings towards Hyesun.

“Ah, Kyungsoo-ah I have something to tell you,” Hyesun tried her best to arrange her words. “No, we have something to tell you.” Kai interrupted.

Kai and Hyesun exchanged glances, “Actually, we’ve been getting back with each other for quite a while now.” Hyesun played with her food, “Sorry for not telling you earlier tho…”

“Wow really?! Waa looks like you guys had talked things through huh.” Kyungsoo sounded encouraging, “Congrats though, looks like you’re mature enough now to make your own decision.” He chuckled and gave them the happiest smile he could.

Hyesun sighed in relief, “You’re not mad?” she thought he would be upset because she kept it a secret from him.

“No, why would I,” Kyungsoo chuckled again. “I’m happy for you though I really am.” He smiled again.

Kai just sat there frozen like a coward not voicing out anything. He was studying Kyungsoo’s expression though. He couldn’t tell whether he was acting or not. Because he looked so sincere, as if he already got over her. Kai couldn’t tell.

Kyungsoo continued eating up his food. This time every bit of the food was just hard to swallow. Did I sound convincing? He debated with himself or did it just sound pathethic? He was glad that they finally told him and he was expecting that he would be okay. Since he had moved on. He thought. But why does he felt hurt? It’s the same pain back when he heard their conversation in class. Has he really moved on? He couldn’t tell.


Author's Note;

I know,, I know I'm late lol >_< sorry. The moment I got back from college I had a marathon on "It's Okay, It's Love"

Kyungsoo just freakin' squisssshyy, lol the ending was tragic tho.. BYE HAN KANG WOO T^T

How Kyungsoo always smile around Hyesun then.....                          HE'S JUST SOOOO HURT INSIDE,~!! >_<                                           

DO COMMENT / SUBSCRIBE /UPVOTE JUSSE-YO,,~!! xD