Just started

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

“Woah, who’s that?”, “Isn’t that the new kid?” , “He’s hot.” The school hallway was noisy the first thing in the morning. Although it was usually noisy, but that morning it was not as usual. The girls were like fangirling in front of their lockers when he passed by. Some guys just gave him glares as he passed.

His first day yesterday didn’t make a big impact on others, but today it was like the spotlight is just on him. He deserved all the intention because of his school attire that day.

Kai didn’t wear his necktie on his second day of school, with his messed up hair and the two upper buttons on his uniform ed no wonder all eyes were on him.

“Hey aren’t you Kyungsoo’s cousin?” Chen walked up towards Kai and let out a hand for a handshake. Baekhyun just followed beside Chen. “I’m Kim Jongdae, but you can just call me Chen hyung.” Chen added waiting for Kai to take his hand.

Kai just gave him a smirk and walked pass him and Baekhyun like nothing happened. He turned to his locker, took out some books and walked to class.

“He’s not friendly at all.” Baekhyun stared at Kai’s back until he was gone. “Kyungsoo said he’s innocent and nice, do you think we get the wrong person?” Chen pushed his spectacles on his nose bridge and turned to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just shrugged and put his hands around Chen’s shoulder and drag him to class.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Ya, Kyungsoo-ah I don’t like that cousin of yours.” Chen slammed his books on his table and pulled his chair to sit behind Baekhyun.

“Yeah, he’s a jerk. He’s lucky I didn’t smack him in the hallway.” Baekhyun sat beside Kyungsoo and pulled down his necktie to give get some air.

Kyungsoo who was doing his homework turned to his friends looking confused. He looked at Chen and turned to Baekhyun. “What are you talking about? You guys met Kai?” He asked looking at his friends with his rich white eyes.

“Yeah, at the hallway but he doesn’t seem like what you described to us yesterday.” Baekhyun took Kyungsoo’s book and copy down his answers into his exercise book.

Kyungsoo just keep quiet and just smiled at his friends, “Excuse him, maybe he still needs time to fit in.” Kyungsoo took back his book from Baekhyun and continued finishing his work. He doesn’t have a good feeling with what his friends just said. Maybe Kai was shy? That’s why he ignored them.

He took out his phone and sent a text to Kai;

Kkamjong-ah meet me for awhile during recess okay.

Kai who just arrived in his classroom placed his school bag at the side of the seat and took his sit. Hyesun seat was empty, she must’ve gone to toilet or something because there was only her bag left. Kai read the message Kyungsoo sent him and just replied shortly.

Okay, hyung, ^^

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Hyesun washed her hands and stood facing herself in the mirror.

“Yeah, Hyesun you are over him remember? Let’s just be friend now.” She encouraged herself in the mirror and wiped her hands. She continued walking to class trying to stay calm. It's obvious that she was still surprised with Kai sudden comeback.

Yoomi and Tao were busy bickering with one another in the classroom while waiting for the teacher to arrive. Sehun just shook his head looking at them and ignored them, he just played with his phone.

“Tao, you go ask him where’s Hyesun is.” Yoomi kept on insisting Tao to talk with Kai. Well, her intention was actually to make them closer with him.

“How would he know? He’s not even Kyungsoo hyung who slept with Hyesun or something.” Tao blurted out the thing that he shouldn’t said out loud.

Kai who was busying himself with writing notes put down his pen when he heard what Tao just said about Hyesun and Kyungsoo. Although Tao said it loud enough for everyone to hear but the class didn’t pay attention about it. The only one who was affected was Kai.

“I’m sorry, what did you just said?” Kai kicked the seat in front of him to get Tao’s intention. Instead of gaining Tao's attention. Sehun was the one turned around looking at Kai with an unpleasant look.

“Why the heck, did you have to kick his chair?” Sehun said suddenly being pissed. Usually he can tolerate with such stuff but being rude is not one of them. “Well, I don’t know his name.” Kai just shrugged his shoulder and made an innocent face.

“No, that’s okay, I’m Tao. What were you asking just now?” Tao gave Sehun a punch telling him to just let it go.

“Ouh, what did you said just now about Hyesun slept with someone?” Kai asked raising his eyebrows uncertained about what he just heard.

Yoomi gave Tao a look to not bother telling Kai about it, but Tao was just too slow  to understand body language. “Ouh, Kyungsoo hyung? He’s someone Hyesun close with they’re not sibling though but they act like one. They even slept together before.” Tao answered proudly as if he just answered a question which was a problem to the whole nation.

“Ah, I see.” Kai just replied shortly when his attention was distracted on Hyesun who just entered the class.

“Hye guys you’ve arrived, I just went to the toilet.” Hyesun gave her friends a wave before taking her seat beside Kai. Her friends just waved back. She took her seat next to Kai and gave him a smile.

“So, Kai why were you transferred here again?” Tao asked being curious all of a sudden.

“Ouh, you guys made friend?” Hyesun looked at her friends and back at Kai.

“Yeah, I think he can hang out with us.” Yoomi who was sitting in front of Tao said. Sehun just glared at Yoomi not liking the idea. But Yoomi just shrugged her shoulder.

Kai who was quite since Hyesun arrived spoke out, “No thanks, I don’t need tiny minions to hang out with. I’m fine myself.” He just smiled at them making Yoomi and Tao dumbfounded.

When Hyesun wanted to say something, their literature teacher Mr.Joonmyun arrived. Tao and Sehun turned their heads to the front and the lesson starts. As usual most of them didn’t pay attention during Literature except the nerds and of course Hyesun. Even Kai slept through the whole class.

When the bell for recess rang and the soonest Mr.Joonmyun exited the classroom, the students were shattered everywhere most of them went to the cafeteria, while those who brought food of their own hang in the classroom or at the park outside.

“Hyesun-ah where are you going?” Yoomis asked when Hyesun got up from her seat. Kai who was seating beside had leaved earlier.

“Oh, I’ll just hang with Kyungsoo today, you guys can eat my portion okay,” Hyesun smiled. Waving her friends off she headed towards the park outside near the school fountain where Kyungsoo and his friends always hang around.

“Chen oppa,” she gave Chen who was sitting under a shady tree with his legs crossed in front of him. Chen waved back and took another bite of his egg sandwich. Baekhyun was lying down beside him with his closed, taking a nap.

Hyesun took a seat beside Baekhyun and looked around when she doesn’t see any sign of Kyungsoo. “Where’s Kyungsoo?” she looked at Chen and ask about Kyungsoo.

“Mullayo~” Chen just shrugged his shoulder when he himself doesn’t know Kyungsoo’s where about. “He went to your class just now, he said he wanted to see you.” Baekhyun suddenly said with his eyes closed.

Hyesun just frowned. “Me? Are you sure?” Hyesun asked again. Baekhyun just gave her a nod. “Go look for him, knowing him, he would look for you anywhere by now.” Chen said and laughed to himself. He knows that Kyungsoo would look everywhere for Hyesun. If he doesn’t meet her once during recess, he wouldn’t focus on the next classes because he’s so worried about her.

“Arasso, I’ll be going then.” Hyesun got up and said goodbye to Chen and Baekhyun before running back inside to search for Kyungsoo. “Wait, Hyesun-ah you got something on your…” Chen didn’t get to tell her that she got something on her face.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“You said you wanted to stay low in school, what happened?” Kyungsoo asked Kai. They both went to the rooftop when they met up at the hallway.

“I don’t know hyung, people kept staring at me when I walked in this morning.” Kai scratched his head and just smirked at Kyungsoo.

“Yeah right, with that hair, and this uniform of yours you expect they wouldn’t stare at you despite you’re the new kid from the States?” Kyungsoo asked raising his eyebrows while fixing on a neck tie he bought from school shop.

Kai just lifted his head letting Kyungsoo fixed the necktie for him. It’s not he doesn’t know to wear it, but Kyungsoo just insist on putting it on.

“Maybe I’m just too handsome for the girls to handle hyung, we can’t do anything about that.” Kai faced Kyungsoo and chuckled.

Kyungsoo knocked his head when he’s done fixing his tie. Then, he gave him the breads he brought earlier for Kai to eat. “Here, eat that and give this to Hyesun,” he handed out a can of energy drink “She needs that for math class after recess.”

“Woah, you knew our class schedule?” Kai took the bread and can and stared at Kyungsoo. “Aren’t you being too obvious hyung?” Kai asked again.

Kyungsoo just scratched his head. “Obvious about what?” He asked as if he didn’t know what Kai meant.

“You, like her aren’t you?” Kai chuckled at Kyungsoo and looked him in the eyes. Kyungsoo avoid his eyes and pull down his necktie, “Wh,, what are you saying?” Kyungsoo startled at the sudden question.

Kai stood straight from his slouching position. He only meant it as a joke because he knows that Kyungsoo wouldn’t like the same person that he does before. But seeing Kyungsoo’s reaction just now, his remarks changed.

“Seriously hyung?” Kai asked looking serious. “No way! How could I, she’s just.. like a sister.” Kyungsoo answered him half-heartedly. His heart denied the words that spilled out of his mouth. Just a sister? Even he knows that she meant more than that to him.

“Kai-ah you’re over her right?” Kyungsoo turned to look at Kai. Suddenly he was just curious about Kai’s feeling. Although they had broke up years ago, Kyungsoo just wanted to confirm it.

Hyesun was the one who broke off their relationship. It was the only thing she could do when she found out that Kai cheated on him back then. Kai tried to explain that it was a misunderstanding when Hyesun saw him kissed Soyeon. She believed him at first, but when she caught Kai kissing her again the second time, what misunderstanding would there be?

“Actually hyung,,,I’m thinking of starting over with her.” Kai said calmly, he ruffled his hair embarrassed with what he just said. Kyungsoo’s expression changed. The thing that he feared was really happening. Kai still liked her. He knows that Kai is not the kind of person to forget his first love easily.

“Do you think I can do it hyung?” Kai smiled at Kyungsoo hoping that he would give him the support.

“Kai-ah…” Kyungsoo looked back at Kai. “Don’t mess with her.” His toned was very serious. Kai just smirked. They stayed silence for a moment, “I won’t hyung.” Kai tapped Kyungsoo’s shoulder before he walked towards the door going back down to class.

“Ouh,,looks like someone changed.” Kai said to himself, “This year could be interesting.” letting out a smirk as he walked down the stairs.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Kyungsoo-ah I was just about to go to the rooftop.” Hyesun met Kyungsoo on her way up the stairs. “What were you doing there?” she asked. Kyungsoo doesn’t like going to the rooftop for all she knew.

“Just getting some fresh air?” Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulder. He just couldn’t find the right excuse to tell her. “Look at you, did you walk around with that?” he pointed at the corner of .

“What? Walk around with what?” Hyesun looked behind her, trying to figure out where Kyungsoo is pointing to. “Aigoo this kid.” Kyungsoo spun her around to face him and wiped off the mayonnaise with his hand. “There, it’s gone.” He said.

Hyesun just froze in her position, startled with the thing that just happened.

“Ouh gumawo,,” Hyesun wiped the corner of her lips again using her hands. Kyungsoo just patted her head and walked down the stairs with her.

“Hyesun-ah wanna come over to my place after school?” Kyungsoo took the courage to ask her over although nowadays he finds it uncomfortable being alone with her in his house.

Hyesun just stared at him in disbelief. “Did something happen?” Hyesun was the one looking confused this time. Well, nowadays he wouldn’t invite her over anymore without knowing the reason why, plus he refused her when she wanted to come over before.

“Aniyo~ Nevermind if you don’t want to.” Kyungsoo just looked away. “I guess I’ll just eat the kimchi spaghetti alone than,” Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulder as he walked to the front leaving Hyesun behind.

Hyesun’s eyes widened hearing the word ‘kimchi spaghetti’. “Arasso! I’ll come,, I’ll come,,” Hyesun ran trying to catct up with Kyungsoo along the hallway. Kimchi spaghetti is her favorite food especially when Kyungsoo cooked it for her.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Kyungsoo took his seat beside Baekhyun who was already in his seat. They chatted while waiting for their teacher to arrive.

“You invited her over? You said you would be nervous whenever you’re alone with her?” Baekhyun was taken aback with what Kyungsoo told them about inviting Hyesun over. His friends were the only one that knew about him having feelings towards Hyesun.

“Yeah Kyungsoo,” Chen agreed with what Baekhyun said. It’s not like they both were against Kyungsoo being close with Hyesun but they were just worried. Kyungsoo said that he’s not ready to confess his feelings yet, because he knows that he’d be turned down, still he does this kind of stuff.

“Well, I have to give her some hint that I liked her right?” Kyungsoo’s statement made both Chen and Baekhyun surprised.

“Chingguya,,is this really Do Kyungsoo here?” Baekhyun turned to Chen looking disbelief with what Kyungsoo just said.

“Kyungsoo-ah, you said you’re not that kind to make the first move over girls” Chen put one of his hands on Kyungsoo’s shoulder staring him asking if he was serious.

“I guess I just have to make the first move then.” Kyungsoo said looking at both of his friend. “This is just the start guys,” He added.

“I have to try right?” Kyungsoo spoke again asking his friends.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Chen answered. “Yeah, just do whatever, we’ll be here supporting you.” Baekhyun added. Kyungsoo just smiled feeling satisfied with the support given by his friends. 


Author's Note:

Aigoooo,,, what just happened here?? is Kai bad or good? lol he just keep surprising people with his personality,,

Kyungsoo-ah be strong~!! ^^ lol Hyesun would like you back,, or wouldn't she??

LET'S JUST WAIT WHO WILL GET HYESUN SHALL WE~~

LOL HERE'S A KAISOO LOVESHOT~!! XD

Don't forget to leave comments,,subcribes and upvotes ^^