If Only

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

It’s been two days since Kyungsoo had met Hyesun. After the incident of her trying to run away from home, Kyungsoo didn’t even receive a single text from her. He couldn’t blame her if Hyesun doesn’t want to contact him, because he knows that she must be disappointed with him because he avoided her for the last two days without an explanation.

After taking his shower, Kyungsoo stood in front of his mirror, staring at himself trying to gather up the courage to confront Hyesun. “Come on Kyungsoo, everything is going to be fine.” He went to his closet and put on a pair of jeans, a sleeveless white shirt and slide on a black jacket on top.

He walked towards Hyesun house after mastering up enough courage in himself. He was still quiet nervous to meet her. Actually, he was scared because his heart keeps on beating fast whenever he saw her nowadays. Although he had a crush on her for a long time ago, but nowadays his feeling kept on getting stronger that he was scared that he might ended up hurting himself instead.

Mrs. Jung swung open the door after hearing the door bell for a few times. Somehow Mrs. Jung looked confuse seeing Kyungsoo at the door. “Hye Mrs.Jung erm,,is,,Hyesun home?” Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head.

“Ouh Kyungsoo-ah, sorry Hyesun’s not home I thought he went out with you?” Mrs. Jung replied. Hyesun went out early in the morning telling her that she wanted to accompany her friend to go shopping. Mrs. Jung thought it was Kyungsoo but eventually not.

“That’s alright, I’ll just come back later.” Kyungsoo smiled and turned around feeling relieved and disappointed at the same time. Although he was still nervous to see her but he was really looking forward to meet her.

Kyungsoo was curious with who Hyesun had gone out with. Because he thought that Tao and Sehun wouldn’t be home till night. Maybe with Yoomi? He tried to stay positive because somehow his thoughts kept on saying that he wouldn’t like it if he knew who Hyesun had gone out with.

Kyungsoo walked towards the bus stop a few meters from the park in front Hyesun’s house. He fished out his phone and search through the contacts. When he reached the name that he searched for, he pressed the ‘call’ button.

“Baekhyun-ah where are you?” Kyungsoo said the soonest the call is accepted. Kyungsoo decided to just hangout with his friends for the weekend.

“Ouh, Baekhyun went to the toilet,” instead of Baekhyun answering the phone it was Chen. “We’re at Subspace Coffee by the way,” he continued.

“Woah, you guys are hanging out without me?!” Kyungsoo suddenly got mad after boarding the bus and sitting at the back seat.

“Ah, wae~?” Chen whined when he heard Kyungsoo yelled by the phone. “You’re always with Hyesun during the weekends before, why do we have to bother inviting you?” Chen took a sip of his coffee.

“Haish, just wait for me there,” sighed Kyungsoo. “Do me a favor and order my Caramel Macchiato, thanks.” Before Chen could even replied, Kyungsoo hung up the phone.

Usually Kyungsoo would be hanging around with Hyesun during the weekends, they’ve been doing that for the pass 12 years now. When Chen and Baekhyun first became Kyungsoo’s best friends they really thought that Kyungsoo was a good brother who always spent his weekends with his family and looking out for his sister.

After sometime they knew that Kyungsoo and Hyesun weren’t siblings, they really thought that they were actually lovers. Guys don’t usually spend their weekend with some girl, who they considered as just friends. Then again little that they know Hyesun and Kyungsoo were really just friends.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Well that was a long journey,” Kyungsoo made the statement as soon as he reached Chen and Baekhyun’s table. He sat across Baekhyun and took a sip of his Caramel Macchiato.

Baekhyun just stared at him, “Okay, tell us what happened?” He said. “Huh?” Kyungsoo lifted his head and looked at Baekhyun and Chen. He frowned his eyebrows didn’t understand what his friend is pointing at.

“Ouh come on Kyungsoo, you never bother hanging around with us especially on Sunday.” Baekhyun grab a fork and cut through his waffle to take a bite size out of it. “Yeah, you usually watch movies with Hyesun on Sunday.” Chen added.

“Something just came up, she had to go out with a,,a friend.” Kyungsoo startled on his words trying not to make them curious about his situation.

“A friend? Who? Sehun & Tao are not back yet,” Baekhyun asked. “Yoomi, she’s out with Yoomi,” Kyungsoo answered confidently.

“Ouh, that couldn’t be. My cousin isn’t back from our grandparents yet.” Chen cut him off. Yoomi and Chen are actually cousins but they never really showed their affection with each other at school. But, they were really closed cousin when they’re together.

“Spill it Do Kyungsoo, you know you’re not that good at lying.” Baekhyun pointed the fork in front of Kyungsoo trying to threaten him jokingly.

“Arasso, haish..” Kyungsoo lifted his hand signaling that he surrendered himself and take a deep breath to spill everything out.

“You kissed her?!” Chen blurted out loud enough for other people around them to turn their heads at them. Baekhyun gave him a spank in the head asking him to calm down.

“Yaa,,yaa settle down can you?” Baekhyun said. “Anii, how could you do that?” Chen rubbed the back of his head and sat back properly on his seat and looked at Kyungsoo waiting for his answer.

“Haish,,I told you it was an accident!” Kyungsoo took another sip of his coffee. “I was trying really hard to hold it in, but she kept getting on my nerve.”

Baekhyun suddenly chuckled, “Aigoo,, looks like someone is maturing now,” Baekhyun winked at Kyungsoo, “I bet your hormones are finally generating looks like you’ll get taller soon.”

“Bwo?! Yaa watch your words. You’re not tall yourself you know.” Kyungsoo glared at his friend. “Ahh enough with the heights please, we’re all practically short!” Chen hissed at them being angry all of a sudden. Well, they are all quiet of the same height compared to their younger friends Sehun and Tao.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

After finishing their coffee and waffles they decided to watch a movie just like Kyungsoo insisted. Watching movies are one of Kyungsoo’s hobbies besides cooking and singing. He usually went for a movie outside alone or sitting together with Hyesun at home. He rarely does it with his friends somehow.

“Let’s get some nachos before we go in okay?” Kyungsoo looked at Chen and Baekhyun with pleading eyes.

“There he goes again, trying to make us hypnotized by his rich white eyes.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Here, nachos are on me.” Chen handed his money to Kyungsoo. “I’ll go buy the tickets,” Baekhyun volunteered.

Chen and Kyungsoo walked towards the snack counter while Baekhyun went to the ticket booth. They decided to watch a horror movie together although Baekhyun said that he was okay with it, Kyungsoo and Chen knows that he would scream uncooly like he did in the haunted house that they went last winter.

“Come on guys the movie starts in about 10 minutes,” Bakehyun went back to Chen and Kyungsoo waving the tickets in his right hand. Fortunately, they made it at the cinema on time before the movie starts or else they’ll have to wait for 2 hours to get into the next screening.

“Can I have the middle sit,” Baekhyun scooted Kyungsoo over who wanted to sit at the middle. Rather than asking he actually said it as a statement. He sat innocently ignoring Kyungsoo who was dumbfounded because his seat was taken.

“Wae? Are you feeling scared already,” Chen teased Baekhyun and sat on his left side. “Pfft,, kkaeb song~ I’m not scared, just wanted a good view of the screen.” Baekhyun took a piece of his nachos.

“Huh, yeah right.” Kyungsoo chuckled. “As if the screen too small for us to watch.” Kyungsoo and Chen laughed softly making Baekhyun pissed in the middle.

“Hey Kyungsoo-ah is this the movie that you said you’re going to watch with Hyesun?” Baekhyun tried to change the topic for his friends to stop making fun of him. “Ah, yeah this is the movie right?” luckily Baekhyun manage to distract Chen away.

“Yeah, I guess she’ll be watching alone later.” Kyungsoo turned towards the screen which was still on commercials. “Or, I’ll just go accompany her and watch for the second time,” Kyungsoo smiled at his friends.

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head suddenly feeling guilty for bringing up the topic. Chen nudged him on the shoulder asking him to apologize. “Haha, sorry Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun pat him at the back.

“Aniya,, I’m fine.” Kyungsoo shrugged and smiled again at his friends.

“Excuse me, is this seat taken?” A familiar voice suddenly caught Kyungsoo’s attention.

“Yaa,, Kyungsoo-ah take your nachos on the seat someone – Hyesun?” Chen blurted out after asking Kyungsoo to take his nachos which he placed on his right empty seat earlier.

“Ouh, Chen oppa, Baekhyun oppa and…Kyungsoo-ah, annyeong~” Hyesun greeted them but startled when she saw Kyungsoo. She was trying to avoid him actually. Its not because she was mad or angry at him, but because she was scared. She was scared that Kyungsoo might fonh her annoying again.

“Are you alone?” Baekhyun asked when Hyesun sat down beside Kyungsoo.

“Erm,,no I’m here with – ” before Hyesun could finish her sentence, Kai suddenly appeared.

“Ouh, hye Kyungsoo hyung!” Kai raised up a hand for a wave. He settled down beside Hyesun and just smiled sheepishly. “Ah, Baekhyun and Chen hyung are here too, what a coincidence.” He added.

Chen and Baekhyun just returned him with a smile. “here with Kai.” Hyesun finally finishes his sentence.

“It’s okay we’ll just have to enjoy the movie with the five of us then,” Kyungsoo finally spoken which made his friends, Hyesun and Kai to looked at him.

“What?” Kyungsoo asked when all eyes are on him. Baekhyun and Chen were thinking whether it’s okay for their friend to be stuck in the situation. While Hyesun was concerned if she made Kyungsoo annoyed again. While Kai didn’t even have the slightest care about what’s happening. Then, the lights went off. “Yeah let’s just watch.” Hyesun said softly as the movie was about to start.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

The movie only started for about 30 minutes, but Baekhyun’s scream could be echoed together with the other audience throughout the cinema room. Hyesun was holding her popcorn box in front of her covering half of her face.

Chen just laid back watching in pure excitement like he was watching a comedy movie, laughing every time others were screaming. Kyungsoo was a bit scared but still e could endure it. He let out a slight scream one awhile but Baekhyun’s voice could overpower his voice. Kai was the same as Kyungsoo being frightened at the slightest part.

Kyungsoo didn’t focus himself totally at the movie, at times he peaked at Hyesun from the corner of his eyes. Usually, Hyesun would just jumped on him whenever she was scared watching a horror movie but this time it looks like she’s doing just fine.

On the other hand, Hyesun was actually dying to bury her face on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. But still considering his feelings towards her she just hold back. She don’t want Kyungsoo to always feel burdened whenever she was around.

“Aaaaah,,” after halfway of the movie, finally Hyesun couldn’t bare in her fear anymore. She turned to her side and buried her face on his shoulder with the popcorn falling on her lap.

Kyungsoo felt someone burying its face on his shoulder. For a slight moment he was confused of the situation. It was not what he expected it to be. Baekhyun was the one burying his face on Kyungsoo’s left shoulder.

Kyungsoo turned to his right suddenly feeling electric shock zapped all over his body. Hyesun was grabbing Kai on his shoulder and burying her face on he’s shoulder.

“Haha,,Hyesun-ah its alright.” Kai patted her head trying to calm her down. At that time, Kai accidentally met Kyungsoo’s eyes.

Kyungsoo was staring with cold looks in his eyes. At that moment Kai had confirmed something that had been playing in his mind for a few days. Kyungsoo really likes Hyesun not as a friend but more than that.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Kyungsoo-ah are you okay?” Chen whispered at beside Kyungsoo after the movie ended. “Yeah I’m fine.” Kyungsoo answered shortly. “Sorry if we messed up today” Baekhyun apologized as they walked out of the cinema. Kai and Hyesun were ahead of them. “Guys, I’m really fine.” Kyungsoo replied.

After watching the movie, they all went home into separate ways.  “See you tomorrow Kyungsoo,” Chen and Baekhyun waved before going to opposite site taking another bus which lead to their house.

“Hyesun-ah I gotta go first okay,,my nuna is picking me up for dinner.” Kai said when they stepped out of the cinema after Baekhyun and Chen just left. “Hyung,,you take care of her okay,” Kai tap  Kyungsoo on the shoulder. “Ouh, and Hyesun I enjoyed accompanying you today,” He said before leaving Hyesun and Kyungsoo.

After Kai left they both stood silent for a moment “It’s okay Kyungsoo, I,,I can go back home myself,” Hyesun startled before trying to walk away from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo grabbed her wrist before she could walk away.

“What happened? You didn’t call me when you left home last Friday. You didn’t text me saying you’ve arrived home safely that night, and now you’re don’t even want me to accompany you watching the movie anymore?!” Kyungsoo suddenly burst his anger that he had been holding since the last few days.

Hyesun was very shocked because it was the first time seeing Kyungsoo being so mad at her. She tried her best not to get on his nerves the past few days. But, it all ended up with her being a total burdened to him.Hyesun took a deep breath before encountering Kyungsoo back.

“Kyungsoo-ah I’m sorry,,I’m sorry,, I didn’t mean it to be this way. I just don’t want you to be mad at me anymore.” Hyesun was struggling to hold back her tears.

“You must fine me annoying because I provoked you the last few days, I understand now why you ignored me. You’re just too tired to entertain the immature me, right? I don’t want to be a burden to you anymore.” Her tears finally rolled down her cheeks.

Kyungsoo stood there dumbfounded of the situation. He was the one who suppose to cry and feeling hurt. But now, Hyesun was the one spilling all her pain that she kept inside.

For a few days now Kyungsoo had been trying to keep himself calm. Putting all the blame to himself. At first, he didn’t regret the kiss that he made but after everything turned out to be a complete mess, he regretted it.

If only he didn’t kiss her, he wouldn’t be ignoring her the next day. If only he didn’t kiss her, he wouldn’t be angry at her for not understanding his feelings. If only he didn’t kiss her none of this misunderstanding would happen and if only he didn’t kiss her, Hyesun wouldn’t end up crying. The person that he had been protecting and wouldn’t let anything hurt her to make her cry all this years. Now he was the one making her cry because of him instead of him crying because of her.


Author's Note:

SORRY FOR NOT KEEPING MY PROMISE AND UPDATE SOON =,=" 

Ouh,,,this chapter is just HEARTBREAKING,,I'm sorry it was not a plot that I had in mind actually,, xD

But,,,nowadayas I'm feeling kind of sad about my SPM result I got 8A's & a B+ for Chemistry which,,,I couldn't pursue my study in Engineering at KOREA~!! NO WAY~!! T_T

Here's a HEARTBRAKING KYUNGSOO~~~ lol

     

Don't forget to Subscribe,,Comment and upvote~!! ^^ thanks,,,