Awkward

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

“Kai-ah! Wahh daebak!! How there you didn’t contact me when you’ve arrived since yesterday.” Chanyeol ran towards Kai who was about to leave the school gate. He spanked his head when he reached him.

Kai rubbed the back of his head before turning around to see his second favorite hyung, well Kyungsoo is still his first favorite. “Woah hyung! Do you study here?” Kai stared at Chanyeol's attire somehow confused because he didn’t wear their school uniform.

“Aigoo,, look at this kid. I’m too old for school now, pabo.” Chanyeol chuckled. “I work here.” He smile showing his rich white teeth.

“Seriously?! What are you a janitor or something?” Kai asked sarcastically. Chanyeol gave him a punch on his arm, “Haish,, this kid jinjja. I’m a teacher here you know.” He brushed of his dustless shirt. “You better give me some respect if you don’t want to get an ‘F’ for your Music” Chanyeol added.

“Yeah,, songsaengnim~” Kai gave him a 90 degree bow. Chanyeol smiled teasingly, “I like this kind of attention from a brat like you. Come on I’ll treat you lunch.” Chanyeol put his arms around Kai’s neck and dragged him to his car.

Chanyeol always act friendly to everyone he meet, that explains why the girls were easiy attracted to him. He’d known Kai since Kai was in middle school and he was in his second year of high school. Kai was the one who taught him to dance when Chanyeol decided to join his school band which performed dancing too.

“Is your brother home hyung? What was his name again?” Kai asked. After Chanyeol took him out for lunch Kai decided to hang around Chanyeol’s apartment before going home.

“Wah,, did you erase all your memory when you left Korea before?” Chayeol looked at Kai before focusing back his eyes on the road. Kai and Chanyeol’s brother were friends before but they were not that close.

“Sorry,” Kai chuckled. “I seem to forget meaningless things in Korea as I leave.” He said jokingly. Chanyeol looked at him and gave him a punch on the soulder.

“So, this is what you learn from the States huh?” Chanyeol said while his hand back on the steering wheels. “Aigoo,, you’ve become such a jerk now, no wonder she cried when you came back.” He added.

Kai looked over his shoulders to look at Chanyeol, he understood what he meant. He must be pointing at Hyesun who left the class soon after he greeted him on his first day of school. She bumped into Chanyeol when she was running in the hallway.

“Hey kid,, I’m just kidding.” Chanyeol said when he realized that Kai suddenly kept quite. He knows that Kai was just joking when he said that he would forget the meaningless things in Korea.

Kai just shrugged his shoulder ignoring Chanyeol. He closed his eyes along the way to Chanyeol’s apartment. He wanted to ease his mind trying to forget about what had happened between him and Hyesun. Chanyeol just drove quietly when the feeling of guilt silently filled him as he drives.

Kai doesn’t usually get sensitive easily, unless it is something personal to him. Somehow he didn’t blame himself for what had happened because he was still young at that time. He never believed in love that last forever. But at times, he felt that what he did was wrong. Although Hyesun was the one who asked for a brake up. He knows that he was at fault.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Here we are.” Chanyeol pulled up his hand break before unbuckling his seatbelt. He turned over to Kai and said sorry for what he just said earlier. Kai just smiled, “It’s nothing really, I’m just tired actually.” Kai said.They alighted from the car and walked towards the building entrance.

Chanyeol’s way of dressing was just plain normal. People often see him as a plain guy who lived with a brother at home and nothing more. They never expect him to be rich though. The Park family is way richer than the Kim’s family back in Korea. It’s because the Park family was married with the Byun family.

Chanyeol and his brother was not real sibling too. His father married his stepmother due to business. He never likes staying with his parents because of a business marriage. That’s why he decided to take his stepbrother to live with him in the apartment.

“Baekhyun-ah, I’m home.” Chanyeol untied his shoes and entered the living room. Kai just followed after him. The apartment was big enough for both of them to live in. It has 3 bedrooms. One of the rooms had turned into a studio for Chanyeol’s drum and guitars.

“Baekhyun-ah your hyung is back.” Chen pushed Baekhyun shoulder when Baekhyun seems to be immersed in the game that he’s playing. Baekhyun room was quite big. He has his own television in the room and a PS4 for him to play games when his friends come over.

“Wait, I’m almost done.” Baekhyun pressed the controller like his life depended on it. Chen just lay back on the bed playing with his phone letting Baekhyun played his game.

“Yah Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol swung open his brother’s bedroom door. “Is it really hard to greet me when I’m home?!” Chanyeol stood at the door with his hands folded in front his chest.

“Ouh, Anyeonghaseyo~ songsaengnim” Chen got up from the bed and gave Chanyeol a bow. Baekhyun turned off his PS4 at instant when Chanyeol doesn’t seem to move from his spot.

“Ahh hyung,,what do you expect? I’m grown up now you know.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and creased his eyebrows. Baekhyun had lived with Chanyeol since he was in middle school that was when their parents got married. He would usually run and hugged Chanyeol whenever he’s back home before.

“Don’t give me that look Byun Baekhyun. Go and greet your old friend in the living room, I’m going in for a shower.” Chanyeol ruffled Baekhyun’s hair and walked towards his room.

Chen just laughed seeing how childish Chanyeol treated Baekhyun. “Yaa don’t you dare tell anyone about this,arasso?!” Baekhyun slapped Chen’s arm. Chen just nodded and laughed out loud more.

“Haish,” Baekhyun fixed his messed hair and drag Chen to the living room. “Who could it be?” Baekhyun sigh. They walked into the living room being surprise themselves.

“Ouh, it’s Kai.” Chen pointed out at Kai when he saw Kai sitting on the couch switching the channels.

Kai got up from his feet and bow to them.  He tried to recall their faces because it seems quite familiar to him. “Ah,” He let out a sudden sigh when he seems to remember that he bumped into them that morning.

“Yeah,,Annyeonghasseyo” Kai gave them another polite bow. Hoping that they would just forget what happened that morning. Awkward started to fill in the living room. Baekhyun just raised his eyebrows seeing Kai’s reaction.

“Ouh,, you seem to remember that you ignored me this morning,” Baekhyun said with his hands tucked in his pockets. Kai just smiled innocently and scratched the back of his head, while Chen just stood there looking at both of them being confused of the situation.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Kyungsoo-ah the remote control is not working.” Hyesun pushed on the buttons to switch the channel but it doesn’t seem to work. Hyesun stayed over longer than expected. After having lunch she slept the whole afternoon which Kyungsoo had no choice to make her stay for dinner.

Mr.Do was over working again, he just called him to tell that he won’t be back that night.

Kyungsoo rinsed his hands after he was done doing the dishes. He walked to the living room to help Hyesun who kept nagging on the remote control.

“Haish paboya,,” Kyungsoo sigh as he sat beside Hyesun. “How would it work if you hold the remote backwards?” Kyungsoo laughed and grab the remote from her. He switched the channel for them to watch movie.

“So that was why,” Hyesun laughed too due to her stupidity. That’s just how she is. Always trying to act strong and mature but, in fact she’s just naïve. Although, sometimes she might be strong but at the end she might collapse if there’s no one supporting her.

That was what Kyungsoo had been doing for 12 years. He had been with her through thick and thin. It was normal for him to fall in love with her after all those years being there for her, if any guy was in his place it would be the same.

“Kyungsoo-ah, can I just sleep here tonight?” Hyesun asked as she was flipping through the CD to pick on the movie she wanted to watch.

Kyungsoo who was laid back on the couch, sat straight, “No,” He answered just in a nick of time. “Definitely a No,” He said again.

“Ah wae~??” Hyesun turned to look at Kyungsoo. “Mom is not home tonight, I’m scared to sleep alone.” She said. Kyungsoo just stared back at her in disbelief. How can it be so easy for her to ask to sleep over? Kyungsoo thought to himself.

“I’ll accompany you till you fell asleep then I go home, okay?” Kyungsoo said softly trying not to hurt her feelings.

“Okay, promise me until I fell asleep then you leave.” Hyesun answered back. She picked out the movie that she wanted to watch and place it into the DVD player. “Let’s watch the movie first.”

“Okay,” Kyungsoo said shortly. It was always the same movie whenever she picked it out, ‘Twilight’. They’ve been watching the movie together like the nth time. But, she just never gets bored with it.

Usually Kyungsoo didn’t feel anything when he watched movie alone with Hyesun. But, somehow that night he felt something weird wathching ‘Twilight’ with her it felt awkward.

“Ahh,, this movie is so romantic. I felt like dying everytime I watch it.” Hyesun gripped on the cushion that she had with her. Kyungsoo just gulped down his saliva whenever the kissing scene came out.

Kyungsoo tried to calm himself beside Hyesun. But, the movie doesn’t seem to help him. There was a kissing scene when Edward peeked on Bella sleeping at night. It was a very long and passionate kissing scene to add it all on. Kyungsoo involuntarily grabbed the remote and switched off the movie.

“Hey, I was watching that!” Hyesun hissed at him when he got up to take out the CD. “No, it’s getting late. Come on I’ll walk you home.” Suddenly Kyungsoo walked back and forth in the living room trying to busy himself.

“But it still 9p.m. and that was my favorite part there.” Hyesun seemed to be pissed. Kyungsoo just ignored her and got all her things on the table.

“Let’s just get going okay, you need to sleep early, you got History class tomorrow.” Kyungsoo replied trying to figure out an excuse while stuffing in Hyesun’s school uniform into her bag. She had changed into her spare clothes after they had lunch that afternoon.

Hyesun grabbed on Kyungsoo’s arm when Kyungsoo seemed to be ignoring her. “Hey what’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing, come on.” Kyungsoo threw Hyesun backpack on his shoulder and walked towards the door. He was definitely not okay. His heart was pounding like it might jump out of his chest any time soon.

Hyesun ran to catch up with Kyungsoo who were already walking on the street. “Kyungsoo-ah wait for me.”

“This is the first time I didn’t get to finish that movie.” Hyesun complaint as she finally catch up with him.

“You can watch it next time, you need to sleep early tonight.” Kyungsoo said still not looking at her.

“Ouh don’t be so childish Do Kyungsoo, it’s still early.” Hyesun said looking at Kyungsoo.

“No, you need to sleep now.” Kyungsoo talked back still avoiding her eyes.

Hyesun stood in front of him and grabbed his face to face her. “Looked at me when you’re talking can you?”

Kyungsoo gulped down the lump in his throat. This is a bad position, get a hold of yourself Do Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo said to himself. He was tring really hard to restrain himself from doing weird stuff.

 “Ouh don’t be so childish Kyungsoo.” Hyesun said when Kyungsoo wandered off his eyes elsewhere not looking her in the eyes. Suddenly Hyesun pull over his face closer to hers.

Kyungsoo stared her in the eyes surprised by her sudden action. “There what’s so hard about looking at me?” Hyesun said letting out a smile. “You’re very childish tonight you know, please grow up already.” She added letting go of his face but their distance was still inches close.

“You want me to grow up?” Kyungsoo said in his low voice. “I already did.” Kyungsoo leaned forward and their lips met. Hyesun eyes widened as their lips touched. Kyungsoo tried really hard on restraining himself. But, what Hyesun was doing just got on his nerves.

Kyungsoo himself was surprised but not as surprised as what Hyesun reacted. He thought that she would push him and call him a freak. But, Hyesun didn’t push him away. In fact she kissed him back.

When they broke the kiss, both of them didn’t say anything, they just kept quiet along the way back to Hyesun’s home. Although it was quiet between both of them but it was definitely noisy inside Kyungsoo’s head. What the heck that I just did?! She kissed me back?! Stupid Do Kyungsoo!


Author's Note:

Hye,,Hye,, ^^ lol They kissed?! She kissed back?! what just happend here?? xD does this mean she loved him back??

wuhooo,,, please anticipate on the coming up chapters ;)

Here's EXO  and KaiSoo for Kolon Sport~!! =D

      

Don't forget to subscribe,,upvote and leave comments~!! xD