Forgot

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

Kyungsoo sat up from the bed when he heard the sudden outburst from his dad. He ruffled his hair and rubbed his tired eyes. Somehow he couldn’t interpret his father’s words .When he turned around, he was shock himself to see his left hand intertwined with Hyseun’s right hand which was still in deep sleep.

He slowly released his hand from hers. Mr.Do just stood at the door dumbfounded. Kyungsoo got off from the bed and pull over the blanket on Hyesun’s body and tucked her in comfortably. Eyeing his father out, they both left the room silently.

“What was that back there?” Mr.Do asked in confusion. “I asked you to find him a boyfriend, not throw yourself to her.” Mr.Do continued.

“Shish,, dad what nonsense are you talking about?” Kyungsoo took a glass from the cabinet and poured in cold water. “Something’s wrong at home again. She just wanted to sleep over.” Gulping down the water down his throat Kyungsoo just acted like nothing happened.

“Yeah I understand that part. But what are you doing there sleeping together with her? You guys are not kids you know.” Mr.Do sounded serious this time.

“Well nothing will ever happen I guess, we’re just brothers and sisters aren’t we? Well that’s what you and she said.” Kyungsoo puts down his glass and just smiled innocently.

“Okay, whatever let’s get going we’re going to fetch your uncle aren’t we?” fetching his car key from the key holder Mr.Do made his way to the doorway.

“Yeah dad, wait a second I got to leave a note for Hyesun in case she got up before we’re back.” Taking a piece of paper from the side table at the television Kyungsoo scribbled some words for Hyesun.

“Okay I’ll just wait in the car.” Mr.Do closed the door behind him and walked towards his Volvo V40.

Kyungsoo went back to the guest room and placed the note on the table beside the bed. He stared at Hyesun a few second before making a move back into the kitchen.

“I’ll just make a quick breakfast for her.” Kyungsoo toasted some bread and crack two eggs into the pan. He put some cheese and added seasoning into his scrambled cheese egg. He puts the toasted bread into a plate and place the scrambled cheese egg in a bowl beside the toast. He went to the refrigerator and took out butter, a strawberry jam and a carton of milk and placed it on the dining table.

“There that should do it.” Feeling satisfied Kyungsoo made his way out.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“What took you so long to write a note? Are you making an essay in there?” Mr.Do was about to lose his patience waiting in the car.

“I just made her some breakfast. You know that she has a big appetite when she wakes up right?” buckling up his seatbelt he smiled at his dad.

“Well lucky her to have a breakfast while I don’t” rolling his eyes away from his son Mr.Do step on the paddle and slide the car off the porch and zoom off to the airport.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Dad will I be attending the same school as hyung?” lifting up his black beanie, he ruffled his hair a few times before putting it back on.

“Yeah, there’ll be a dance teacher you know there.” Mr.Kim pushed their trolley through the exit.

“Ouh noona,, Jjanggu is still sleeping?!” Kai turned towards his sister who was carrying his toy-poodle dog. Well a toy-poodle is supposed to be small and cute right? But not Jjanggu nowadays he’s just growing fatter and fatter. Yeah he’s XXL now.

“Yeah here you carry him. He’s damn heavy you know.” Joonmyeong brush her hair away. “I’ll just walk with our little princess here.” Joonmyeong lifted out Jjungah another toy-poodle out from the cage.

“Aigoo,, I told you not to bring all of them didn’t I? They’ll just going to make a mess later in the house.” Mrs.Kim walked along side his husband shooking her head.

“No way! How could I leave my babies back in the States? They’ll miss me.” Kai place Jjanggu back in the cage and took out Monggu so called the royalty-toy-poodle.

“Ouh there they are.” Mr.Kim pushed the bag trolley towards Mr.Do and Kyungsoo who were waving at them.

“How have you been brother-in-law?” Mrs.Kim let out her hand for a handshake.

“Well, never better.” Mr.Do answered simply and smiled while taking her hands for a welcome.

“Hyung! You grew taller.” Kai gave Kyungsoo a brotherly hugged making Monggu whined in between them.

Kyungsoo just punched him on the arm and knuckled his head. “Yeah,,what a great way to greet someone after abandoning them for years without saying goodbye.” Kyungsoo widened his rich white eyes looking at Kai being frustrated.

“Sorry hyung, family business came up it was an urgent call back in the States.” Kai rubbed his head where he got hit by Kyungsoo and smirk.

“Yeah who would’ve thought Jungah would’ve had a shot-gun wedding right? That brat was about to ruin the whole Kim-family image back there getting pregnant at her age.” Joonmyeong scoffed interrupting Kyungsoo and Kai while scrolling down her iPad mini.

Mr.Kim and Mr.Do were immersed in catching up with one another along their way in the car. Joonmyeong just busied herself with her phone and iPad mini probably updating her SNS for her followers. Well Joonmyeong is the owner of the EXO fansites at most of social websites; instagram, twitter, weibo, tumblr you name it she owned it all.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Dang it! What time is it now? I have a part time job today” Hyesun woke up from her deep sleep and looked around being confused of her surroundings.

“Eh, I really did sleep here? I thought I went back home last night. What happened?” she scratched her head and get off from bed.  “Kyungsoo-ah,, Kyungsoo-ah,, Kyung – ” she stopped when she saw food on the dining table. Her stomach started to growl and look around for the house owner.

“Wow I am really hungry right now. Where is this kid?” she sighed and turned away from the dining table. “No Hyesun! control yourself,, how could you eat someone food without permission.” She mumbled to herself and went back to the room to get her things when she saw a note on the side table.

Morning Hyesun ^^

If it is still morning by the time you woke up,,, anyways dad and I went to the airport to fetch someone. I made you breakfast heat it up if it’s gone cold. Don’t worry about your part-time job I’ve called the bookstore. I said you couldn’t work today because you’re sick…

“Huh,, he lied and there he said he would never lie in his life.” Hyesun said to herself and continue reading the note.

No, I did not lie in case you thought I broke my principle of life. You are sick Hyesun, trust me I know you deep inside ^^ we’ll be home by evening just made yourself comfortable there if you insist on staying.

Love, Kyungsoo

Hyesun folded the note and tucked it into her pocket. Kyungsoo is a very important person to her. He always keeps her company when she’s alone. Comfort her when she’s scared and be by her side when she needed him. Going back to the dining table Hyesun stuffed herself with the food dined in for her.

“As always he never fails to keep my stomach full.” Hyesun eat the last bite of her bread and drink up her glass of milk and place everything in the sink. Washing her hands off, she went to the couch and switched on the television.

Instead of helping to wash out the dishes, she made herself comfortable on the couch waiting for Kyungsoo to come back.

Suddenly she felt something vibrating from her left pocket. She pulled out her phone and swipe off her EXO lockscreen. ‘Yoomi <3’ appeared on her caller ID. “Why is this girl calling on a Saturday?” swiping the ‘Accept’ button she took the call.

“Yaa Jung Hyesun! You better tell me you are on the way right now.” Yoomi hissed on the other side of the phone.

“What? On the way to wher – ” before she could even finish asking suddenly something came to her mind. “Has Mr.Kris arrived?!” Hyesun got on her feet and grab her things that she could reach and run towards the doorway.

“I am here, and about to make a countdown for you Miss Hyesun. I’ll give you 10 minutes and before I finish counting you better be in my Art Class!” Mr.Kris’s voice suddenly came on the other side of the phone. Before Hyesun could say anything Mr.Kris hung up on her.

She just remembered about the extra class for Art by Mr.Kris. Mr.Kris would be furious if someone is not punctual for his Art Class. To him Art is his life. That’s why he’s known as Mr.Kriscasso when he starts to draw. His drawings are just too perfect to be described with words.

Running herself down the streets she went to her house to change her clothes. “What kind of school has an extra-class for Art on Saturday?!” putting on her sliding in her black sweater and matching it with her denim jeans, she wrapped up her turquoise scarf around her neck and put on her blue beanie over her fluffed blonde hair.

“Ouh Hyesun. Why are you in a hurry?” Mrs.Jung walked out of her bedrooms with her hair all messed up, probably because of her night with another guy. “Come let’s have breakfast together. I made your favorite scrambled cheese egg.” Mrs.Jung went towards the dining table setting the table for three obviously one for his sleep-mate.

“No, thanks mom I’m late I have an Art Class today. Ouh maybe I’ll head back to Kyungsoo’s house afterwards.” Hyesun rolled her eyes away seeing her mother happily setting the table back for two.

Hyesun knew that her mom would be more than glad if she wasn’t there. It’s surprising thinking that she still raised her as her daughter instead of throwing her away when she obviously didn’t care at all about her daughter.

“Okay sweetheart. Go study hard. I love you.” Mrs.Jung winked at her daughter who was about to leave the house.

Closing back her gate Hyesun ran her breath out to school. “I am so dead!” peeking at her watch she clutched her strap bag and hurried to the Art Class.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

“Minki-ah let’s stop by your house, it’s been awhile since we visit, our villa is near there anyway.” Mr.Kim adjusted his seat and turned to Mr.Do.

“Yeah sure hyung,, I’ll send you guys to the villa after some rest.” Mr.Do smiled at his brother and concentrated his eyes back on the road.

“Sorry, if the house is a mess by the time we got there.” Kyungsoo said from the back of the car.

“Huh,, why? You didn’t clean it up?” Kai who was sitting beside Kyungsoo turned facing him while raising his eyebrows.

“No, I cleaned it up but someone might make it into a big mess. Believe me I know it.” Kyungsoo answered being certained of his answers.

Turning towards the others smiling, Mr.Do spoke“Okay, we’re here.” Pulling up the hand break and pressed the off switch on his Volvo V40 car.

One by one get off the car. Kyungsoo took the lead to the door and swing it open for the guests. Hearing voices from the television Kyungsoo assumed that Hyesun is still there. Going further into the house he let out a sigh.

“I guess she left. What a good sister she is leaving these for her brother to clean it up, right dad?” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes to his father who had just entered with Mr.Kim.

Kyungsoo went to the sink and shook his head. “She didn’t wash the dishes?! Ouh She is so dead !” rolling up his sleeves Kyungsoo wore the rubber gloves and start washing the dishes.

“Huh? Uh hyung I’ll,, I’ll help you.” Kai went to help Kyungsoo doing the dishes. He startled on his words when he is trying to interpret what Kyungsoo said. He then started to remember about something that he almost forgot.

“What sister? Who’s sister? A guest was here?” Mr.Kim asked being confused when he thought that Kyungsoo is the only son with no siblings.

“Haha,no hyung not that sister, just a neighbor from a few houses away, Kyungsoo’s childhood friend. I think you’ve met her before.” Mr.Do fixed the couch and rearranged the stuffs in the leaving room. “Here take a seat I’ll boil up water for Kyungsoo to make tea.”

Joonmyeong just went straight to the guest room after bringing in their toy-poodles and her laptop. She’s busy with her fansites again. Plugging in her laptop Joonmyeong started to be in her own world in the room.

“Ouh okay,,” Mr.Kim sat on the couch and try to recall on his memory. “Ah that girl. I remember. What’s her name? Hyeni? Hyesung? Hyesun?” Mrs.Kim followed him to the couch and settled down beside him.

Kai who was helping Kyungsoo suddenly stopped. He gulped down the lump in his throat and calmed himself. Yes now he remembered. “Jung Hyesun.” A name that he thought that he said it out loud in his mind slipped out of his mouth.

“Yes! That’s her name. She’s your friend too right, Kai?” Mr.Kim snapped his finger when he heard Kai said. He remembered her name. “Ouh that girl, I remember her too. Isn’t she your first love?” Mrs.Kim added looking away from the magazine and looked at Kai.

“Really?! She is?” looking more surprised Mr.Do turned to look at Kai. “Kyungsoo, you didn’t tell me my daughter dated before?” Mr.Do looked at Kyungsoo being confused.

He took Hyesun as her own daughter. He even gave her allowance like he gave to Kyungsoo. He promised to Hyesun’s father before to take care of her. So, everything about Hyesun is often reported to him by Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo turned off the water after finish washing all the dishes. He just remained silent when all eyes were on him and Kai. “Yeah, I guess I forgot to tell you about that dad, my bad.” Kyungsoo answered calmly.

“Ouh,, don’t worry. It was nothing, it happened a long time ago when they was 13 if I’m not mistaken.” Mrs.Kim tried to break off the silent atmosphere which slowly filling the room.

“Yeah, no worries.” Mr.Kim added. “We’ll talk about it later, Kyungsoo.” Mr.Do said and join Mr.Kim on the couch at started being immersed in their talk.

“Emm, how is she doing, hyung?” Kai rubbed the back of his head and turned to Kyungsoo suddenly feeling awkward.

“Ah, she’s fine. Definitely fine I took care of her well you know.” Kyungsoo just give Kai a sincere smile and turned away to make some tea.

Now Kyungsoo realized why he had a bad feeling about Kai returning. He didn’t hate Kai though, instead he loved him. Kai is like a brother to him. They are in common in everything. They have a lot of same interests too.

But, the thought that Kai once stole Hyesun’s heart didn’t make him feel comfortable. Now, Kai’s back. And he might steal it once again when Kyungsoo himself didn’t have the courage to do it. 


Author's Note :

Yeah sorry to keep you waiting and for the late update ^^

Anyways here's a KAISOO moments on 140126 Oak Valley Winter Festival~~!! KAI is soooo jealous >.<

and Congratulations to EXO for winning 3 Awards at 23rd Seoul Music Award  !

Don't forget to subscribe,,,upvotes and comments ^_^