We Know Each Other

I'm Not Just Your Umbrella

“Kyungsoo-ah wait for me !” shouted Hyesun  while running towards Kyungsoo who was about to exit the school gate. Kyungsoo halted from his pace and turned to see the owner of the voice. He frowned. “Yaa ! Hyesun-ah I told you not to run with your shoe laces untied aren’t I?” Kyungsoo scolded her with his worried  voice .

“What are you saying? I’ve tied my – ” Hyesun stopped when she looked down and saw her shoe laces untied. “ I thought I’ve tied it well just now.” She smiled showing her rich teeth and scratched her left head looking innocent.

 Kyungsoo didn’t say anything he just sighed and went towards her. He got down on his knee and tied her shoe laces. “You are always being so careless. Don’t you remember the last time you fell and left a scar on your knee?” Kyungsoo tilted his head.

 “Well you’re the one who left me back there.” Hyesun crossed her hand across her chest. “Well I didn’t know you wanted to walk home together.” Kyungsoo replied.

“Come on let’s get going your mom must be waiting, you know how she hates her daughter being home late after school.” said Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo knows best about Hyesun. They’ve been childhood friends for twelve years. They were neighbours  since Hyesun was five years old and he was seven. Now they’re both in high school and this year would be the last year of high school for Kyungsoo while Hyesun still has 2 years for her to graduate.

“Can’t I crash at your house today? I don’t feel like going home right now.” Hyesun asked. “Well that explains this sudden walking-home-together scene. Why?  have a fight with your mother again?” Kyungsoo raised his left eyebrow.

“Congratulations ! You are 100% correct.” Hyesun clapped her hands and congrats him insincerely. “Ahaa,, I was right.” Kyungsoo smiled looking proud “What did she do this time? Bring another man home?”

“You know Kyungsoo, this is why people misunderstood us as twins. You know me very well . We are like meant to be as siblings.” Hyesun patted his head.

“That is what I will only be to you ‘just siblings’.” Kyungsoo turned away and sighed. “What did you say?”Hyesun asked looking confused. “Huh? Er, yeah sure we’ll just crash at my house for a while.” Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly trying to stay calm.

Pulling his bag strap they continued walking together. Although Kyungsoo was 2 years older than Hyesun, Hyesun never treat him like he was older. She stopped calling him ‘oppa’ after 2 weeks knowing each other. Also, Kyungsoo didn’t insist her to call him that. They are very comfortable with each other as they both are the only child in their family. Their relationships are like brothers and sisters as like others thought of them as twins.

“Look ! there’s an ice-cream stand over there.” Looking over excited Hyesun pulled Kyungsoo to the ice-cream stand. “Can you buy me this? Please oppa~” Hyesun said. “Alright,,alright,,, now let me go and stop doing aegyo already. That trick doesn’t work with me anymore you know.” Kyungsoo struggled himself.

“Haha,, I thought you would fell for it,” “Come on I’ll just buy your vanilla oreo crunch and go home.” Kyungsoo went to the ice-cream stand and bought her one.

“Kyungsoo-ah how does it feels like living without a mom?” Kyungsoo clutched his bag strap due to Hyesun sudden question. “I don’t know,,, I never thought of it.” He smiled

“Well good for you. You don’t have to watch your mom making out with another man,” Hyesun rolled her eyes. “Haha,, yeah you’re right come on, let’s get inside.” Kyungsoo opened his door gate.

“Seems like ahjusshi haven’t got back from work yet,” “Yeah he is very busy nowadays, sometimes he slept at his office and he wouldn’t be home tonight,” They both entered Kyungsoo’s house and had lunch together which Kyungsoo prepared.

Hyesun parents were divorced when she was 13 years old. It was very hard for her. She cried for a week and had often slept over Kyungsoo’s house during that time. Kyungsoo always comforted her saying that everything will be fine. Although, everyone knows that it is impossible to fix a broken glass that shed into thousands of pieces. But still, Kyungsoo never stop giving her hope.

♦≈♦

The sun began to set, and it was getting darker outside. “Hyesun-ah aren’t you going home? It is getting late you know.” Kyungsoo cleaned the dishes that they had for dinner. “Can’t I just sleep over? Mom said she’s okay with it.” Flipping through her ‘SEVENTEEN’ magazine Hyesun sat while crossing over her legs on the couch.

Kyungsoo stopped from doing his dishes and wipes his hand on his apron. “No,,no,,no,, no sleeping over tonight come on get up. I’ll walk you home.” Walking towards Hyesun he took of his apron.

“Why can’t I?? I know she’s going to bring a man home tonight if she’s okay with me staying out.” Hyesun looked at Kyungsoo. She was confused Kyungsoo never said ‘No’ if she wanted to sleep over before.

Kyungsoo snatched her ‘SEVENTEEN’ magazine away and pulled her off the couch. “Come on let’s get going.”

Hyesun was pissed. She hated when someone snatches away her things especially when she was reading. “Yaa ! Give that back,,,” Hyesun struggled herself to snatch back her magazine from Kyungsoo.

Instead of sending her home as said Kyungsoo around and dare her to take the magazine back. "This is no joke Do Kyungsoo ! You know I don't like it when people does that." Hyesun ran to catch him all over the living room.

Kyungsoo laughed at her. He likes it when she called his full name when she is pissed. “Try and get it from me,,If you can reach it Haha” Kyungsoo held the magazine up.

"You just wait I am going to get that back." Hyesun grabbed his waist and strangled him than she pushed him on the couch and snatch it back. “You know you’re not that tall Do Kyungsoo.” Hyesun stick out her tounge teasing him.

Hyesun didn’t realize the position she was in. She was sitting on top of Kyungsoo.

“Hyesun-ah are you really fine sleeping over when it will only be just the two of us tonight?” Kyungsoo said in his low toned voice getting closer to Hyesun.


Author's Note:

Hahaha sorry if it's kind of boring or too short. This is my DEBUTING FANFIC wuhooo congratulations for my first fanfic ^_^ 

Do live comments and upvotes :D  may it be harsh,,good,,or bad comments just do so.. It's for me to imrpove myslef :) THANK YOU ! 

It will be updated soon. Ouh also TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY on my first debuting fanfic.

HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY DO KYUNGSOO !! ^_^